Genesis 6: 1-4

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Genesis 6: 1-4

Post by Bronco73idi »

So much in these couple of verses.

The Bible gives us a list of patriarchs and their ages

1 Adam 930 Genesis 5:5
2 Seth 912 Genesis 5:8
3 Enosh 905 Genesis 5:11
4 Cainan 910 Genesis 5:14
5 Mahalalel 895 Genesis 5:17
6 Jared 962 Genesis 5:20
7 Enoch 365+ Genesis 5:23
8 Methuselah 969 Genesis 5:27
9 Lamech 777 Genesis 5:31
10 Noah 950 Genesis 9:29

It talks about the first 9 in genesis chapter 5.

The start of chapter 6 is how some others beings have lived.

1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

Right away we find that “man” in 6:3 days were limited to 120 years before the flood. So if we believe the Bible then the genealogy given in chapter 5 isn’t talking about the “man” in 6:3. Who is “man” in 6:3? Adam and his seed lasted past The flood through Noah and they lived longer then 120 years. Let’s go to verse 4.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

“There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that”

# does the Bible call giants, man or men?

“when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.”

# the sons of god who obviously lived longer then 120 years had children with daughters of men and their kids were men of old / renown, strong leaders.

Know facts:

* Adam and his descendants lived way past 120 years.

* Sons of god with daughters of men, children lived 120 years before the flood.

* There were giants before the flood and after.

We can assume that if they are telling us the ages of the patriarchs and some of their children then normal men before the flood were different. One would hopefully think a normal man had a lower age than 120 years since a being that lives 7-8 times longer @ 900 + years can create a being that lives 120 years and the 120 year old being is called men of old. Meaning men of old are older then normal men.

There is a lot of repeating to hopefully bring clarity to my word problem. Silly math word problems lol.

Sons of god = sons of Adam.

John 10
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

We know who the Book of Mormon was written too.

The Bible was written for the children of Abraham.

Matthew 15
26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children’s bread, and to cast it to dogs.
27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table.
28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

Wondering Wendy
captain of 100

Re: Genesis 6: 1-4

Post by Wondering Wendy »

Interesting. I have also heard it said that verse may be referring to jubilee years. 120 x 50 = 6000 years. 🤔

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Wondering Wendy wrote: February 7th, 2023, 11:04 am Interesting. I have also heard it said that verse may be referring to jubilee years. 120 x 50 = 6000 years. 🤔
I’m trying to understand your thoughts, men of old = 120 jubilee years which equals 6000yrs? So way older then Adam?

I thought of bringing The Book of the Giants into this topic but I think it can stand on its own with the actual words just in the Bible at hand. To add a ratio of jubilee I would think Moses would have added some sort of clue.

The statement about giants is a clue that he isn’t talking about giants. He said “There where giants” or yes there were giants but I’m talking about the men of old / renown

Wondering Wendy
captain of 100

Post by Wondering Wendy »

Bronco73idi wrote: February 7th, 2023, 12:20 pm
Wondering Wendy wrote: February 7th, 2023, 11:04 am Interesting. I have also heard it said that verse may be referring to jubilee years. 120 x 50 = 6000 years. 🤔
I’m trying to understand your thoughts, men of old = 120 jubilee years which equals 6000yrs? So way older then Adam?

I thought of bringing The Book of the Giants into this topic but I think it can stand on its own with the actual words just in the Bible at hand. To add a ratio of jubilee I would think Moses would have added some sort of clue.

The statement about giants is a clue that he isn’t talking about giants. He said “There where giants” or yes there were giants but I’m talking about the men of old / renown
It just seems like a statement to me about man.
3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
So man's days will be 6000 years, from Adam to the Millennium, then Christ will reign. That's the interpretation I meant. Not saying it's the only interpretation, just another possible one.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Wondering Wendy wrote: February 7th, 2023, 1:54 pm

So man's days will be 6000 years, from Adam to the Millennium, then Christ will reign. That's the interpretation I meant. Not saying it's the only interpretation, just another possible one.
The Old Testament is full of killing giants, not once do they refer them as men / man, always giants.

As for the 6000 years we are in 5783 and we are supposed to be around until the year 7000.

I’m not trying to argue, just trying to judge what is right.

Luke 12
57 Yea, and why even of yourselves judge ye not what is right?

The lord is talking about his second coming here, he calls the ones who believe in him “ye hypocrites” for not judging the signs of the times properly. In Mark 12 he tells the Sadducees that the greatly err for not reading Genesis literally. God is the god of the living so of course there is a resurrection.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Bronco73idi wrote: February 7th, 2023, 2:12 pm

The Old Testament is full of killing giants, not once do they refer them as men / man, always giants.

As for the 6000 years we are in 5783 and we are supposed to be around until the year 7000.

Luke 12

The lord is talking about his second coming here, he calls the ones who believe in him “ye hypocrites” for not judging the signs of the times properly. In Mark 12 he tells the Sadducees that the greatly err for not reading Genesis literally. God is the god of the living so of course there is a resurrection.
Isn't it 6000 years for man to rule, the last millennium for Christ and His Kingdom?

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

ransomme wrote: February 7th, 2023, 3:52 pm

Luke 12

Isn't it 6000 years for man to rule, the last millennium for Christ and His Kingdom?
6 days of work, 7th we rest. So does man not still work in the last 1000 years, be it in peace?

Maybe a foreshadowing but the fact remains that Moses brought up giants, he is telling us he is being literal. We find 12 other mentions of giants in the Old Testament, they are true and a literal threat to man. We read in the 1950 version of Enoch that they were not a threat to him or his siblings.

I have never seen another interpret these verses of scripture as I have put forth. Talking to you and Wendy helps strengthen my personal testament of them.

I have read these verses before and while talking to Pazooka about a different topic she brought up angels and princes. I was talking about reading the scriptures literally due to Mark 12:26-27. I thought of these verses due to the idea of “sons of god” = fallen angels. (One of Christianity interpretation of these verses) When I reread them and read them literally like the lord commanded us to do I was astonished and I felt the Holy Ghost very strongly. Here we are.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Bronco73idi wrote: February 7th, 2023, 4:07 pm
ransomme wrote: February 7th, 2023, 3:52 pm

Luke 12

6 days of work, 7th we rest. So does man not still work in the last 1000 years, be it in peace?

Maybe a foreshadowing but the fact remains that Moses brought up giants, he is telling us he is being literal. We find 12 other mentions of giants in the Old Testament, they are true and a literal threat to man. We read in the 1950 version of Enoch that they were not a threat to him or his siblings.

I have never seen another interpret these verses of scripture as I have put forth. Talking to you and Wendy helps strengthen my personal testament of them.

I have read these verses before and while talking to Pazooka about a different topic she brought up angels and princes. I was talking about reading the scriptures literally due to Mark 12:26-27. I thought of these verses due to the idea of “sons of god” = fallen angels. (One of Christianity interpretation of these verses) When I reread them and read them literally like the lord commanded us to do I was astonished and I felt the Holy Ghost very strongly. Here we are.
Sure the last 1000 will be in peace, but man is only is given just 6000 years before the End of Times at the Day of the Lord.

And I think the interpretation of sons of God is better interpreted as read in the last verses of Moses 6. The sons of God are those who have taken upon themselves the name of Christ and been baptized by water and fire. The sons of God fell after their baptism of fire, because they lusted after the daughters of men/Babel/Babylon/the great and spacious building.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Interesting question about age. I found this as JS translation of the verse in question.

And the Lord said unto Noah: My Spirit shall not always strive with man, for he shall know that all flesh shall die; yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years; and if men do not repent, I will send in the floods upon them.

Here the Lord is talking to Noah and say "his days SHALL be an hundred and twenty years". Also if they don't repent they will die. It seems in JST that the Lord is predicting the future, i.e. post flood or really deluge. I mean he says "shall" not is or was. so this fits what we are taught that before the flood the children of god/men lived longer but after the flood only to 120. Not sure how many but Abraham made it close to 120 even?

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

TheDuke wrote: February 7th, 2023, 7:08 pm Interesting question about age. I found this as JS translation of the verse in question.

And the Lord said unto Noah: My Spirit shall not always strive with man, for he shall know that all flesh shall die; yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years; and if men do not repent, I will send in the floods upon them.

Here the Lord is talking to Noah and say "his days SHALL be an hundred and twenty years". Also if they don't repent they will die. It seems in JST that the Lord is predicting the future, i.e. post flood or really deluge. I mean he says "shall" not is or was. so this fits what we are taught that before the flood the children of god/men lived longer but after the flood only to 120. Not sure how many but Abraham made it close to 120 even?
Abraham age 175 Genesis 25:7. Moses was the first one in the patriarchal linage to only live to 120 years. They were the linage of Adam…. Jeremiah knew the difference.

27 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man, and with the seed of beast.

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

The Book of Enoch talks quite a bit about giants, starting at chapter 6.

https://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/boe/

Here's a sample:

CHAPTER VI.

1. And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto them beautiful and comely daughters. 2. And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men and beget us children.' 3. And Semjâzâ, who was their leader, said unto them: 'I fear ye will not indeed agree to do this deed, and I alone shall have to pay the penalty of a great sin.' 4. And they all answered him and said: 'Let us all swear an oath, and all bind ourselves by mutual imprecations not to abandon this plan but to do this thing.' 5. Then sware they all together and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it. 6. And they were in all two hundred; who descended ⌈in the days⌉ of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon, and they called it Mount Hermon, because they had sworn and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it. 7. And these are the names of their leaders: Sêmîazâz, their leader, Arâkîba, Râmêêl, Kôkabîêl, Tâmîêl, Râmîêl, Dânêl, Êzêqêêl, Barâqîjâl, Asâêl, Armârôs, Batârêl, Anânêl, Zaqîêl, Samsâpêêl, Satarêl, Tûrêl, Jômjâêl, Sariêl. 8. These are their chiefs of tens.

CHAPTER VII.

1. And all the others together with them took unto themselves wives, and each chose for himself one, and they began to go in unto them and to defile themselves with them, and they taught them charms and enchantments, and the cutting of roots, and made them acquainted with plants. 2. And they became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells: 3. Who consumed all the acquisitions of men. And when men could no longer sustain them, 4. the giants turned against them and devoured mankind. 5. And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood. 6. Then the earth laid accusation against the lawless ones.

Mike

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Bronco73idi wrote: February 7th, 2023, 10:19 pm
TheDuke wrote: February 7th, 2023, 7:08 pm Interesting question about age. I found this as JS translation of the verse in question.

Abraham age 175 Genesis 25:7. Moses was the first one in the patriarchal linage to only live to 120 years. They were the linage of Adam…. Jeremiah knew the difference.

27 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man, and with the seed of beast.
good point about ages but I think they are quiet rare even among their familial relations. I don't understand (or missed the point of) the reference to verse 27 with regard to Genesis 6; as Israel and all was much later like 1000 years? and is future boding "I will sow....."

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

TheDuke wrote: February 8th, 2023, 10:10 am
Bronco73idi wrote: February 7th, 2023, 10:19 pm

good point about ages but I think they are quiet rare even among their familial relations. I don't understand (or missed the point of) the reference to verse 27 with regard to Genesis 6; as Israel and all was much later like 1000 years? and is future boding "I will sow....."
Seed is children, Jeremiah 31 is a chapter about the last days and how the house of Ephraim will renew his everlasting covenant. It doesn’t say everlasting covenant but because of Isaiah 24:4-6 we know it has to be renewed.

Jeremiah 31:27 is literally saying I’ll mix all the people on the earth, time of the goy, other nations, or in an other word, Gentiles.

Most people don’t like the word beast, Jesus called a woman a dog Matthew 15:26.

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

The nephilim = counterfeit, aborted versions of Jesus.

Jesus the promised messiah was foreordained to incarnate as a child born of a *mortal* woman and an *immortal* sire.

The nephilim who are born of *mortal* women and *immortal* fathers are (literally) bastardised versions of Christ and the Name of God.

That line in Gen 6:4 where they are called "the men of renown", the literal hebrew there is "men of the Name", which is connected with Babel later in Gen`11 where the masons (led by the nephilimic Nimrod) build a Tower in order to make themselves a name (superidentity/supraorganism).

This has to do with "taking the name of Christ", in a manner that is not worthless and aborted (vain).

The nephilim were cannibals. According to 1 Enoch, and there are loads of scriptures (especially in the prophets, Isaiah on particular) that have serious nephilimic-cannibalism vibes which I've posted on at length in the past.

These cannibalism and 'Name' aspects of the nephilim and how they are inversions of Jesus (the true union between a heavenly father + earthly mother) make full circle in John chapter 6, when Jesus lost many of his followers/cheerleaders by offending them with what likely felt to them like nephilim theology.

John 6
51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?
53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

The nephilim blasphemously incarnated in this world to be served and ministered-unto (drink ppl's blood). Whereas the true Son Jesus came to minister, and give his lifeblood as an offering. Bastard children of the watchers glutted themselves on the flesh of mankind, but Jesus gave His body and flesh as the bread of life.

Nephilim sacraments (eating flesh of man and drinking the blood ----> they take the Name upon themselves by murderous seizure) are a blasphemous counterfeit of Christ's (we eat the flesh and drink the blood of Jesus ----> take His Name upon us by self-sacrifice).

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

The sons of God referred to are the b(e)ne Elohim. I wonder if the term Nephilim is a corruption of that.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

abijah wrote: February 8th, 2023, 4:43 pm The nephilim = counterfeit, aborted versions of Jesus.

Jesus the promised messiah was foreordained to incarnate as a child born of a *mortal* woman and an *immortal* sire.

The nephilim who are born of *mortal* women and *immortal* fathers are (literally) bastardised versions of Christ and the Name of God.

That line in Gen 6:4 where they are called "the men of renown", the literal hebrew there is "men of the Name", which is connected with Babel later in Gen`11 where the masons (led by the nephilimic Nimrod) build a Tower in order to make themselves a name (superidentity/supraorganism).

This has to do with "taking the name of Christ", in a manner that is not worthless and aborted (vain).

The nephilim were cannibals. According to 1 Enoch, and there are loads of scriptures (especially in the prophets, Isaiah on particular) that have serious nephilimic-cannibalism vibes which I've posted on at length in the past.

These cannibalism and 'Name' aspects of the nephilim and how they are inversions of Jesus (the true union between a heavenly father + earthly mother) make full circle in John chapter 6, when Jesus lost many of his followers/cheerleaders by offending them with what likely felt to them like nephilim theology.

John 6
51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?
53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

The nephilim blasphemously incarnated in this world to be served and ministered-unto (drink ppl's blood). Whereas the true Son Jesus came to minister, and give his lifeblood as an offering. Bastard children of the watchers glutted themselves on the flesh of mankind, but Jesus gave His body and flesh as the bread of life.

Nephilim sacraments (eating flesh of man and drinking the blood ----> they take the Name upon themselves by murderous seizure) are a blasphemous counterfeit of Christ's (we eat the flesh and drink the blood of Jesus ----> take His Name upon us by self-sacrifice).
I have read this interpretation back in November of 2016, internet was ablazed about the Russian Patriarch Kirill going to Antarctica during the same trip in February of 2016 when he met Pope Francis in Cuba. Then 9 months later John Kerry, then Secretary of State went to Antarctica with no reason given. That sent the conspiracies ablaze, the leading one was fallen angels imprisoned in Antarctica per Gen 6:1-4 and 2 Peter 2:4. The good old times, I read them and the Nephilims being born because of fallen angels sounded good and that may be.

I really like how you tied it all in to John 6 and men of name / renown.

It still doesn’t answer, men of old description, especially when Adam and his descendants are older.

I have said before about what led me to these ideas, but what I haven’t talked about is the Greek gods. Why was a man as smart and sophisticated like The Greek Doctor Celsus so corrupt in thought to believe in Greek mythology? He called it traditional religion… The book of the watchers and the book of the Giants both tie in what we call Greek mythology = Adam and Gen 6:1-4 equaling Nephilims.

So am I slightly off or completely wrong, is what I have to ask myself. I think the Holy Ghost has testified of some truths of how it’s all connected and in my original post is how I interpreted the truths I have felt. My understanding can always grow from here.

To dissect verse 4 being literal like I have done I would have to go to the pre Babylonian writings and truly understand all the meanings (definitions and numbers) of each word in that verse.

What do you think of the age discrepancy of Adam and his descendants to all the fossils of hunter gathers that we have discovered? Hunter gathers is what I referred to as the men that were not of old, they had the daughters that married the sons of god.

Just thoughts…

I have enjoyed all the replies and I was hoping you would reply because of how deep you dive into these topics and how much respect you give the Old Testament.

Many “Mormons” justify the Old Testament as just stories which I believe is a sin in itself. That topic is between them and their savior, I just have to be careful not to do the same.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Bronco73idi wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:57 am So much in these couple of verses.

1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Right away we find that “man” in 6:3 days were limited to 120 years before the flood. So if we believe the Bible then the genealogy given in chapter 5 isn’t talking about the “man” in 6:3. Who is “man” in 6:3? Adam and his seed lasted past The flood through Noah and they lived longer then 120 years. Let’s go to verse 4.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

“when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.”

# the sons of god who obviously lived longer then 120 years had children with daughters of men and their kids were men of old / renown, strong leaders.

Know facts:

We can assume that if they are telling us the ages of the patriarchs and some of their children then normal men before the flood were different. One would hopefully think a normal man had a lower age than 120 years since a being that lives 7-8 times longer @ 900 + years can create a being that lives 120 years and the 120 year old being is called men of old. Meaning men of old are older then normal men.

There is a lot of repeating to hopefully bring clarity to my word problem. Silly math word problems lol.

John 10

Matthew 15
26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children’s bread, and to cast it to dogs.
27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table.
28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.
Let’s add JST Genesis 6:5-8

I read this for the first time today, thank you Ransomme. I would add all of JST Genesis 6 but my LDS app shows blank for JST Genesis 1-8….

JST Gen 6
6:5 And then began these men to call upon the name of the Lord; and the Lord blessed them; and a book of remembrance was kept in the which was recorded in the language of Adam, for it was given unto as many as called upon God to write by the Spirit of inspiration;
6:6 And by them their children were taught to read and write, having a language which was pure and undefiled.
6:7 Now this same priesthood which was in the beginning shall be in the end of the world also.
6:8 Now this prophecy Adam spake as he was moved upon by the Holy Ghost.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

MikeMaillet wrote: February 8th, 2023, 5:17 am The Book of Enoch talks quite a bit about giants, starting at chapter 6.

https://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/boe/
Mike's already seen this but if anyone else is interested there is a Book of Enoch thread I started a while back at:
viewtopic.php?p=1368642

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

I think we mistakenly associate the giants with the mighty men. I don't think they are connected.

SmilingPatriot
captain of 50

Post by SmilingPatriot »

Bronco73idi wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:57 am So much in these couple of verses.

Know facts:

John 10

Matthew 15
28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from
that very hour.
Enjoying this topic! Can someone break down Matthew 15:26-28 for me? What is this an analogy for?

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

SmilingPatriot wrote: March 21st, 2023, 10:30 am

Know facts:

John 10

Matthew 15
28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from
that very hour.
Enjoying this topic! Can someone break down Matthew 15:26-28 for me? What is this an analogy for?
This is a testament that Jesus is acknowledging to us that the children of Abraham are different and descendant of his father, Adam.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Gospel of Thomas

15 Jesus said, "When you see one who was not born of woman, prostrate yourselves on your faces and worship him. That one is your father."

Adam was not born of woman, Adam is our father

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Bronco73idi wrote: May 7th, 2023, 10:01 am Gospel of Thomas

15 Jesus said, "When you see one who was not born of woman, prostrate yourselves on your faces and worship him. That one is your father."

That's a possible interpretation. I interpreted it as being a reference to being "born again", not by woman but by the spirit.

Both Adam and Enos(h) appear to be words for "man". Seth has more complex connotations as a name to Egyptian religion etc.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Niemand wrote: May 7th, 2023, 2:18 pm

That's a possible interpretation. I interpreted it as being a reference to being "born again", not by woman but by the spirit.

Both Adam and Enos(h) appear to be words for "man". Seth has more complex connotations as a name to Egyptian religion etc.
Like you I was under the impression that the name Adam = a man. I don’t believe that anymore.

Thomas 15 is liken to Luke 7:28 in speech.

Luke 7
28 For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.

Ie John the Baptist is John the revelator. No one else is greater of a prophet then he, born of woman. In Luke 1 we are told that his name had to be John. In the BOM Nephi sees the last days and says that he can not write about it, a great prophet named John will.

Why don’t we teach this simple and plain truth?

This verse also contradicts the fallen angel account. The “least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.“ not saying the fallen angel account is wrong, just conflicts with it to me.

What does this mean for 1 Enoch 1-36, I’m not sure.

The Holy Ghost testified to me of the truth of the Gospel of Thomas when watching the video you linked on the gospel of Thomas in your thread about Thomas.

I haven’t received a testimony of the book of Enoch, I do find the book of Enoch interesting.

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

Well played, sir.