THE END IS NEAR!

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

THE END IS NEAR!

Post by endlessQuestions »

February 7, 2023 Post #1

This guy is not a prophet:
the-end-is-near-homer.gif
the-end-is-near-homer.gif (656.67 KiB) Viewed 543 times
This guy is a prophet (lowercase "p", and if you asked him about it, he might just say he's sustained as such. I don't really know, as he's not talking - to me, at least):
timeisrunningout.jpg
timeisrunningout.jpg (60.95 KiB) Viewed 543 times
I, Justin Wolsey Riggs, am not a prophet in any way, shape, or form. I have, however, been known to speak by the spirit of prophecy from time to time - like that day when, in a bishopric meeting, I announced to the chagrin of all present that the home teaching program was irretrievably broken and would need to be replaced so that we could better minister to our brothers and sisters - a couple years before the Church decided to "revamp" the home teaching program and call it ministering.

Here's the thing: we're not asked to follow Homer Simpson, or Russell M. Nelson, or Justin Riggs. We're asked to follow Jesus Christ, aren't we? And the standard works teach us that the only way we can follow Jesus Christ is to receive the Holy Ghost, and when we inevitably lose that influence through our choices, to stop everything, ask our Father what we did that caused us to lose the Spirit, repent of it, and get that Spirit back.

We're also asked to reason with our Savior. I hope everybody is developing a relationship with Him in which they have the opportunity to reason with Him. He doesn't want us to blindly follow anybody or anything - including Him. If we have questions, or doubts, or concerns, He wants to listen to us, teach us, succor us, mourn with us when we mourn, and rejoice with us when we rejoice. I testify to that.

Sooooo, speaking of guys who aren't prophets, here are a couple names we should look into:

These are prominent Mormon men who were in Trump's inner circle:

Rob Porter:

https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp=eJ ... e&ie=UTF-8

He had to resign due to an abuse scandal, apparently. I wonder what kind of abuse it was? I don't know, and I'm not going to talk about it here, but perhaps we should each get to know Rob Porter's story a bit better, and if we feel impressed to share it, we should.

Robert O'brien:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_C._O%27Brien

He seems to know the secret handshake, which isn't surprising, and since I went to the University of Denver, it's not all that surprising to me that Condoleeza Rice knows it, too (and yes, I know gkearney, it's the wrong knuckle. I really do know, since I know the handshakes, too):
Condoleezza_Rice_and_Robert_O'Brien.jpg
Condoleezza_Rice_and_Robert_O'Brien.jpg (90.71 KiB) Viewed 543 times
I wonder who that is in the picture behind them? (I don't know, for the record... but my question would be this: is the person in the portrait a prominent Mason or a known member of another secret society like, oh, I don't know, Skull and Bones? You'll have to do your own research to find out, but feel free to post the answer if you feel the Spirit direct you to do so).

So, what does this have to do with Beverly Campbell, you're asking?

Just kidding, nobody was asking that.

But maybe you should be.

More to come very, very soon.

Oh, and be nice to prophets. Throughout history they've been labeled as crazy, and that's just not nice. I've found that listening to "crazy" people actually pays high dividends, IF you have the Holy Ghost to guide you. Turns out that most crazy people (not all, but most) appear that way for very specific reasons, and if you can peer through the veil of trauma, they actually have very important things they can teach us. Of course, I'm partial, because I got labeled as crazy, too, way back when I was sent home from my mission early. That's a different story for a different time, though. Perhaps I'll have the chance to tell it someday.

Justin (endlessQuestions)

And those vases behind them... weird. Not my style, but I guess some people are into that kind of stuff.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Re: THE END IS NEAR!

Post by tribrac »

The Sheriff is nearer.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Endless, the more you post the more I am inclined to believe I am a NPC, as are most people who I know.

Hope I live to see the day the main characters drop their pretending and reveal their history, and goals.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

endlessQuestions wrote: February 7th, 2023, 7:31 am February 7, 2023 Post #1

This guy is not a prophet:

the-end-is-near-homer.gif

This guy is a prophet (lowercase "p", and if you asked him about it, he might just say he's sustained as such. I don't really know, as he's not talking - to me, at least):

timeisrunningout.jpg

I, Justin Wolsey Riggs, am not a prophet in any way, shape, or form. I have, however, been known to speak by the spirit of prophecy from time to time - like that day when, in a bishopric meeting, I announced to the chagrin of all present that the home teaching program was irretrievably broken and would need to be replaced so that we could better minister to our brothers and sisters - a couple years before the Church decided to "revamp" the home teaching program and call it ministering.

Here's the thing: we're not asked to follow Homer Simpson, or Russell M. Nelson, or Justin Riggs. We're asked to follow Jesus Christ, aren't we? And the standard works teach us that the only way we can follow Jesus Christ is to receive the Holy Ghost, and when we inevitably lose that influence through our choices, to stop everything, ask our Father what we did that caused us to lose the Spirit, repent of it, and get that Spirit back.

We're also asked to reason with our Savior. I hope everybody is developing a relationship with Him in which they have the opportunity to reason with Him. He doesn't want us to blindly follow anybody or anything - including Him. If we have questions, or doubts, or concerns, He wants to listen to us, teach us, succor us, mourn with us when we mourn, and rejoice with us when we rejoice. I testify to that.

Sooooo, speaking of guys who aren't prophets, here are a couple names we should look into:

These are prominent Mormon men who were in Trump's inner circle:

Rob Porter:

https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp=eJ ... e&ie=UTF-8

He had to resign due to an abuse scandal, apparently. I wonder what kind of abuse it was? I don't know, and I'm not going to talk about it here, but perhaps we should each get to know Rob Porter's story a bit better, and if we feel impressed to share it, we should.

Robert O'brien:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_C._O%27Brien

He seems to know the secret handshake, which isn't surprising, and since I went to the University of Denver, it's not all that surprising to me that Condoleeza Rice knows it, too (and yes, I know gkearney, it's the wrong knuckle. I really do know, since I know the handshakes, too):

Condoleezza_Rice_and_Robert_O'Brien.jpg

I wonder who that is in the picture behind them? (I don't know, for the record... but my question would be this: is the person in the portrait a prominent Mason or a known member of another secret society like, oh, I don't know, Skull and Bones? You'll have to do your own research to find out, but feel free to post the answer if you feel the Spirit direct you to do so).

So, what does this have to do with Beverly Campbell, you're asking?

Just kidding, nobody was asking that.

But maybe you should be.

More to come very, very soon.

Oh, and be nice to prophets. Throughout history they've been labeled as crazy, and that's just not nice. I've found that listening to "crazy" people actually pays high dividends, IF you have the Holy Ghost to guide you. Turns out that most crazy people (not all, but most) appear that way for very specific reasons, and if you can peer through the veil of trauma, they actually have very important things they can teach us. Of course, I'm partial, because I got labeled as crazy, too, way back when I was sent home from my mission early. That's a different story for a different time, though. Perhaps I'll have the chance to tell it someday.

Justin (endlessQuestions)

And those vases behind them... weird. Not my style, but I guess some people are into that kind of stuff.
Someone who speaks with the Spirit of Prophecy is a Prophet

I just don't understand how this is goes over the LDS head.
Apply that logic to any other gospel topic and see how it sounds

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Is it time to make popcorn yet?

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

Rob Porter hit his first wife, and then hit his second wife too. Pictures of their black eyes and bruising are on line.

He couldn’t get a security clearance. He only served in Trumps Whitehouse for a year.

He is from Mass. and went to Harvard, and Harvard Law.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Whose portrait is hanging prominently on the wall. :?:

Hogmeister
captain of 100

Post by Hogmeister »

JK4Woods wrote: February 7th, 2023, 10:48 am Rob Porter hit his first wife, and then hit his second wife too. Pictures of their black eyes and bruising are on line.

He couldn’t get a security clearance. He only served in Trumps Whitehouse for a year.

He is from Mass. and went to Harvard, and Harvard Law.
I believe myself and Porter served in the same mission (England London) at the same time. We all knew he had Harvard connections and came from a prominent political family.