For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
edgoble123
captain of 100

Post by edgoble123 »

Then this was a bad idea. forget the suggestion

This has obviously been misinterpreted, and I just see that some of you people are the wrong people to have dealings with.

There is no way to try to "fix" the world. Why try to fix it anymore. I'll stick to my little slice I guess that I already have
Last edited by edgoble123 on February 7th, 2023, 4:18 am, edited 6 times in total.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Re: I need your help. Please hear me out. A new Movement?

Post by Bronco73idi »

edgoble123 wrote: February 6th, 2023, 10:57 pm I should also add, perhaps this movement needs a name to sort of make it identifiable, so that the main paradigms in the movement would mentally "belong" to that designation.

Thanks.
Mesoamerica has temples that are an abomination to the lord, how does one rationalize that?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

edgoble123 wrote: February 6th, 2023, 10:57 pm I should also add, perhaps this movement needs a name to sort of make it identifiable, so that the main paradigms in the movement would mentally "belong" to that designation.

Thanks.

If it be about Christ then name it after him.❗️

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

edgoble123 wrote: February 6th, 2023, 10:24 pm Hello. My youtube channel is https://www.youtube.com/@latterdaydude
My page with some of my research is https://independent.academia.edu/EdwinGoble

My vision is to have conferences, symposia, etc.

Thanks.

Ed Goble
An apologist is an arguer of sorts. It infers that there is something to apologize for. If there is something, then just apologize and quit playing games.

Anything less than truth is a lie. How about simply standing for truth and let the pieces fall where they may? God said it was the truth that would set them free.

It sounds like you would have started a new church, but instead, just decided to apologize for the existing one.

Can the Q15 apologize their way out of joining every single satanic organization in existence? Including the skull and bones, UN, WEF, Secret Clergy Response Team, etc.? How about telling people the salamander story was true? Do you think there is a little something more to the story about Wilfred Woodruff losing his life at Bohemian Grove? How about a General Authority on the Board of pfizer, whose mission was to create satan a counterfeit to God's immune system? How about telling the bold faced lie that the jab was a godsend? Are these things as important as where the Nephites lived? I think they are more important than where the BoM took place. Can we just apologize these things away?

Here is a movement consideration for you. How about a movement that expects truth from the mouth that claims to speak for the Almighty God to all inhabitants of the earth?

The president lies. Congress lies. School teachers lie. Churches lie. Parents lie to their children. The bulk of what we read as news is a lie. Where can we find truth. It is a lie to say we get it at church. It is an even bigger lie to say that the church owned media like KSL and Deseret News tell the truth.

Where is truth?

It is in the scriptures. Promote that. Pretty much everything else is a lie.

JandD6572
captain of 100

Post by JandD6572 »

Fred wrote: February 7th, 2023, 2:39 am
edgoble123 wrote: February 6th, 2023, 10:24 pm Hello. My youtube channel is https://www.youtube.com/@latterdaydude

Thanks.

Ed Goble
An apologist is an arguer of sorts. It infers that there is something to apologize for. If there is something, then just apologize and quit playing games.

Anything less than truth is a lie. How about simply standing for truth and let the pieces fall where they may? God said it was the truth that would set them free.

It sounds like you would have started a new church, but instead, just decided to apologize for the existing one.

Can the Q15 apologize their way out of joining every single satanic organization in existence? Including the skull and bones, UN, WEF, Secret Clergy Response Team, etc.? How about telling people the salamander story was true? Do you think there is a little something more to the story about Wilfred Woodruff losing his life at Bohemian Grove? How about a General Authority on the Board of pfizer, whose mission was to create satan a counterfeit to God's immune system? How about telling the bold faced lie that the jab was a godsend? Are these things as important as where the Nephites lived? I think they are more important than where the BoM took place. Can we just apologize these things away?

Here is a movement consideration for you. How about a movement that expects truth from the mouth that claims to speak for the Almighty God to all inhabitants of the earth?

The president lies. Congress lies. School teachers lie. Churches lie. Parents lie to their children. The bulk of what we read as news is a lie. Where can we find truth. It is a lie to say we get it at church. It is an even bigger lie to say that the church owned media like KSL and Deseret News tell the truth.

Where is truth?

if I may ask, which general authority is sitting on the pfizer board? I find this interesting since they were pushing the vaccine.
thanks.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

JandD6572 wrote: February 7th, 2023, 3:35 am
Fred wrote: February 7th, 2023, 2:39 am

Thanks.

Ed Goble

Where is truth?

if I may ask, which general authority is sitting on the pfizer board? I find this interesting since they were pushing the vaccine.
thanks.
It has been discussed on here many times...

https://www.reddit.com/r/mormon/comment ... icle_area/

cab
captain of 1,000
Location: ♫ I am a Mormon! ♫ And... dang it... a Mormon just believes! ♫

Post by cab »

Nice vision, but until the Church begins to allow people to seek truth on their own terms, using the spirit and their conscience as their guide and stop their archaic and belittling appeals to their supposed authority, you are merely rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

Fred wrote: February 7th, 2023, 2:39 amAn apologist is an arguer of sorts. It infers that there is something to apologize for. If there is something, then just apologize and quit playing games.
Your librarian here. You are confusing two separate words with each other. While they have a common root in the Latin they have very different meanings and uses. From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Apologize - (n.) - meaning "regretfully acknowledging fault or failure" is by 1836 (apologetic for himself).
Apologetical is from c. 1600 as "containing or of the nature of a defense;" by 1630s as "regretfully acknowledging fault or failure." Early 15c., "defense, justification," from Late Latin apologia, from Greek apologia "a speech in defense," from apologeisthai "to speak in one's defense," from apologos "an account, story," from apo "away from, off"

Apologetics (n.) - "branch of theology which defends Christian belief," 15c. as a noun meaning "formal defense"); from French apologétique, from Latin apologeticus, from Greek apologetikos "defensible," from apologeisthai "speak in one's defense,

Apologize came into English usage fairly late 1836 where as apologetics first appears as the formal branch of theology in 1733 but it greek usage was employed by theologians as early as the 15c. The two words have a common root but carry different meanings. It is common to confuse the two.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: .

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

*just helping with the conversation, happy Tuesday everyone!!* :)

edgoble123
captain of 100

Post by edgoble123 »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 7th, 2023, 7:09 am .

Na. Better things to talk about. I changed my mind, and now would like to build something perhaps slowly and carefully with like-minded people instead of reaching out again to those not like-minded. Thank you for the responses, but I'd like to end this thread.
Last edited by edgoble123 on February 7th, 2023, 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

edgoble123 wrote: February 7th, 2023, 8:24 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 7th, 2023, 7:09 am .

Na. Better things to talk about. I aim to build something perhaps slowly and carefully with like-minded people instead of reaching out again to those not like-minded. Thank you for the responses, but I'd like to end this thread.
♪♪
"This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started commenting, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue commenting forever, just because... This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes...."
♪♪

:)

Humor is part of the gospel as well, don't forget that.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

I seem to remember a similar stomp off previously.

I thought adults could handle discussion, and maybe a little disagreement even. This is disappointing.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

iWriteStuff wrote: February 7th, 2023, 8:39 am I thought adults could handle discussion, and maybe a little disagreement even.
Apostates are not to be trifled with :twisted:

edgoble123
captain of 100

Post by edgoble123 »

iWriteStuff wrote: February 7th, 2023, 8:39 am I seem to remember a similar stomp off previously.

I thought adults could handle discussion, and maybe a little disagreement even. This is disappointing.
Not going to be insulted by you. Foe list you go.

Oh, that's right, you're a moderator, couldn't add you. Foe anyway. I'm not going to engage with you to be insulted further after what you have done in the past. Moderator or not.

Maybe Brian should rethink who he gives that kind of power.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

edgoble123 wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:30 am
iWriteStuff wrote: February 7th, 2023, 8:39 am I seem to remember a similar stomp off previously.

Oh, that's right, you're a moderator. Foe anyway. I'm not going to engage with you to be insulted further after what you have done in the past. Moderator or not.
I seem to recall a certain teaching from the savior about forgiving.... oh, well, I'm sure it wasn't that important.

edgoble123
captain of 100

Post by edgoble123 »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:34 am

Oh, that's right, you're a moderator. Foe anyway. I'm not going to engage with you to be insulted further after what you have done in the past. Moderator or not.
I seem to recall a certain teaching from the savior about forgiving.... oh, well, I'm sure it wasn't that important.
Forgiveness is not about allowing yourself to be abused by abusers.

Lemarque
captain of 100

Post by Lemarque »

For those who got here late and didn't see the original post.

Edit Goble

edgoble123
captain of 100

Post by edgoble123 »

Lemarque wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:35 am For those who got here late and didn't see the original post.
And you reinstate the deleted post for what reason? To further provoke? When I'm done, I'm done. I made the choice to delete MY post. Delete MY post.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Oh, that's right, you're a moderator, couldn't add you. Foe anyway. I'm not going to engage with you to be insulted further after what you have done in the past. Moderator or not.

It's ok, you don't need to read my comments. I still have to read yours. Just try not to drop curse words all over if you decide to leave again.

Brian can revoke my privileges at any time. I'm just here for the lulz anyway.

Peace to ya, Ed. Good luck on your scholarly projects.

edgoble123
captain of 100

Post by edgoble123 »

iWriteStuff wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:38 am

It's ok, you don't need to read my comments. I still have to read yours. Just try not to drop curse words all over if you decide to leave again.

Then delete my original post posted by the provocateur, and prove that you are worth your power. And cease to bring up the past.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

edgoble123 wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:39 am
iWriteStuff wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:38 am

Then delete my original post posted by the provocateur, and prove that you are worth your power. And cease to bring up the past.
I dream of IWS.gif
I dream of IWS.gif (355.98 KiB) Viewed 411 times

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Just try not to drop curse words all over if you decide to leave again.
:twisted:

Lemarque
captain of 100

Post by Lemarque »

edgoble123 wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:36 am
Lemarque wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:35 am For those who got here late and didn't see the original post.
And you reinstate the deleted post for what reason? To further provoke? When I'm done, I'm done. I made the choice to delete MY post. Delete MY post.
No, not to provoke. I just think it's lame when someone posts something and then a discussion gets started, and then the discussion starter removes the entire context of what people are responding to.

Also, I thought there might be people interested in your idea, even though apparently the first people to respond weren't.

But it looks like you deleted my post somehow. I didn't know that could happen.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Lemarque wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:49 am
No, not to provoke. I just think it's lame when someone posts something and then a discussion gets started, and then the discussion starter removes the entire context of what people are responding to.

Also, I thought there might be people interested in your idea, even though apparently the first people to respond weren't.

That was me. Occasionally scrubbing can occur at the request of the OP.

Agree, I liked both the original post as well as the conversation but.... well.... :!: :arrow: :x

Lemarque
captain of 100

Post by Lemarque »

iWriteStuff wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:52 am
Lemarque wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:49 am

That was me. Occasionally scrubbing can occur at the request of the OP.

Agree, I liked both the original post as well as the conversation but.... well.... :!: :arrow: :x
That makes more sense.

But yeah, I'm not seeing where he's getting the idea that no one likes his idea.

If someone misinterprets me, I try to explain myself. If after I explain more it's clear that they aren't going to understand, then I won't keep trying to explain myself to them. But I don't throw my hands up and say, "Forget I said anything at all!" and storm off at the first hint that someone doesn't like my idea.