For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Re: .

Post by HereWeGo »

iWriteStuff wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:38 am It's ok, you don't need to read my comments. I still have to read yours. Just try not to drop curse words all over if you decide to leave again.
When someone leaves because he isn't being effective with his current identity, it doesn't take long to recognize him when he returns with a new identity. Character traits like impatience, anger, attacking, rudeness, frustration, superiority, closedmindedness, ghosting, as well as positive traits always return with the new identity.

I am not saying that Ed has these traits. I also wish Ed success in his life's journey.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Lemarque wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:59 am
iWriteStuff wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:52 am
Lemarque wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:49 am
edgoble123 wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:36 am

And you reinstate the deleted post for what reason? To further provoke? When I'm done, I'm done. I made the choice to delete MY post. Delete MY post.
No, not to provoke. I just think it's lame when someone posts something and then a discussion gets started, and then the discussion starter removes the entire context of what people are responding to.

Also, I thought there might be people interested in your idea, even though apparently the first people to respond weren't.

But it looks like you deleted my post somehow. I didn't know that could happen.
That was me. Occasionally scrubbing can occur at the request of the OP.

Agree, I liked both the original post as well as the conversation but.... well.... :!: :arrow: :x
That makes more sense.

But yeah, I'm not seeing where he's getting the idea that no one likes his idea.

If someone misinterprets me, I try to explain myself. If after I explain more it's clear that they aren't going to understand, then I won't keep trying to explain myself to them. But I don't throw my hands up and say, "Forget I said anything at all!" and storm off at the first hint that someone doesn't like my idea.
I’m one of the original naysayers lol

Why doesn’t anyone believe the BOM people lived the mosaic law?

Exodus 20
24 An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen: in all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee.
25 And if thou wilt make me an altar of stone, thou shalt not build it of hewn stone: for if thou lift up thy tool upon it, thou hast polluted it.
26 Neither shalt thou go up by steps unto mine altar, that thy nakedness be not discovered thereon.

North America earth mounds fit this description perfectly. Mayan temples are polluted in there construction per mosaic law.

I watched 10 minutes of the Wayne guy, nope.

This is the only guy I have watched on YouTube about this topic.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: I need your help. Please hear me out. A new Movement?

Post by Thinker »

Fred wrote: February 7th, 2023, 2:39 amAn apologist is an arguer of sorts. It infers that there is something to apologize for. If there is something, then just apologize and quit playing games…
😂
I’ll never think of “apologist” the same again.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

cab wrote: February 7th, 2023, 3:57 am Nice vision, but until the Church begins to allow people to seek truth on their own terms, using the spirit and their conscience as their guide and stop their archaic and belittling appeals to their supposed authority, you are merely rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.
I had a truth crisis several years ago, but for a long time, the good seemed to outweigh the bad with the church. But increasingly, especially with immoral medical coercion/unrighteous dominion with coronavirus (common cold) nonsense, the bad outweighs the good. The main reason for a lot of suffering at the hands of church leaders is the shaming and punishing of seeking truth/God.
Last edited by Thinker on February 7th, 2023, 3:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Fred wrote: February 7th, 2023, 3:50 am… How about a General Authority on the Board of pfizer, whose mission was to create satan a counterfeit to God's immune system? How about telling the bold faced lie that the jab was a godsend? Are these things as important as where the Nephites lived? I think they are more important than where the BoM took place. Can we just apologize these things away?...

https://www.reddit.com/r/mormon/comment ... icle_area/
^
“Meridian Magazine has wiped an article they posted July 9th detailing an interview with Richard S. Hutchins, an area seventy of the church as well as an executive director for pharmaceutical sciences for Pfizer.”

Ties to the experimental shot don’t surprise me & probably go even deeper. Still, it’s concerning, & even more concerning how many members don’t find it concerning.

JandD6572
captain of 100

Post by JandD6572 »

edgoble123 wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:35 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:34 am
edgoble123 wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:30 am
iWriteStuff wrote: February 7th, 2023, 8:39 am I seem to remember a similar stomp off previously.

I thought adults could handle discussion, and maybe a little disagreement even. This is disappointing.
Not going to be insulted by you. Foe list you go.

Oh, that's right, you're a moderator. Foe anyway. I'm not going to engage with you to be insulted further after what you have done in the past. Moderator or not.
I seem to recall a certain teaching from the savior about forgiving.... oh, well, I'm sure it wasn't that important.
Forgiveness is not about allowing yourself to be abused by abusers.
Hmm, I wonder how the Saviour feels about this, considering he was abused, beaten, whipped, mocked, hated, spit on, and murdered, and yet, while on that cross, still managed one last teaching, "forgive them, Father."

edgoble123
captain of 100

Post by edgoble123 »

HereWeGo wrote: February 7th, 2023, 11:00 am
iWriteStuff wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:38 am It's ok, you don't need to read my comments. I still have to read yours. Just try not to drop curse words all over if you decide to leave again.
When someone leaves because he isn't being effective with his current identity, it doesn't take long to recognize him when he returns with a new identity. Character traits like impatience, anger, attacking, rudeness, frustration, superiority, closedmindedness, ghosting, as well as positive traits always return with the new identity.

I am not saying that Ed has these traits. I also wish Ed success in his life's journey.
I haven't gone anywhere. I'm not going anywhere. Here I stay. Just not to communicate further with those that I have resolved not to communicate with anymore. And that now simply includes you.

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

edgoble123 wrote: February 8th, 2023, 9:13 am
HereWeGo wrote: February 7th, 2023, 11:00 am

I haven't gone anywhere. I'm not going anywhere. Here I stay. Just not to communicate further with those that I have resolved not to communicate with anymore. And that now simply includes you.
As you wish. Please add me to your Foe list and you won't need to "communicate further" with me. I wish you success in your life's journey.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Just doing my part to make sure this thread never dies. :)