Why did Michael the Prince and the Devil contend over Moses’ body?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Why did Michael the Prince and the Devil contend over Moses’ body?

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Any good theories on that?

Moses seems like such an important soul to God.
I know we all are, but Moses is surely one of the most high and elite.

Also, I know mileage will vary on who believes this but I’m pretty sure Joseph Smith stated that Michael had another standoff with Lucifer during Joseph Smith’s ministry

Interesting to me that Michael and Lucifer seem to have had these moments of staring each other down since the start of all this

I love the glimpses into the battle between angels and the adversary’s army that we get

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Why did Michael the Prince and the Devil contend over Moses’ body?

Post by Cruiserdude »

BuriedTartaria wrote: February 6th, 2023, 4:07 pm Any good theories on that?

Also, I know mileage will vary on who believes this but I’m pretty sure Joseph Smith stated that Michael had another standoff with Lucifer during Joseph Smith’s ministry

Interesting to me that Michael and Lucifer seem to have had these moments of staring each other down since the start of all this

I love the glimpses into the battle between angels and the adversary’s army that we get
Let's ask Abijah. He gets great insights from great sources👍👍 I'm curious his thoughts on this
@Abijah vení.... YA! 😁

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

I didn’t know they contended over his body. Where did you read that?

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Wolfwoman wrote: February 6th, 2023, 4:20 pm I didn’t know they contended over his body. Where did you read that?
Jude

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

See Enoch

Bloodline 🧬

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

nightlight wrote: February 6th, 2023, 5:02 pm See Enoch

Bloodline 🧬
What?!

Q from QAnon talked about DNA recently

How deep does this go?!

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

BuriedTartaria wrote: February 6th, 2023, 5:17 pm

Bloodline 🧬
What?!

How deep does this go?!
QAnon is psyops imo (AI generated perhaps)

I believe this is linked with the Watchers (which equals all things UFO/pre-flood tech/occult)

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

And then there are scriptures that suggest Moses didn’t die, but was taken up into heaven.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Wolfwoman wrote: February 6th, 2023, 6:20 pm And then there are scriptures that suggest Moses didn’t die, but was taken up into heaven.
Good point.

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Post by Atrasado »

Satan will try to claim all those he can claim. He thought that Moses sinned in killing the Egyptian taskmaster, but Moses had acted according to man's law and God's law in defending someone else. Satan is known as the great accuser, for he desires to convict and enslave men and he hated Moses greatly.

Michael is the archangel who defeated the dragon in the war in heaven and is sometimes sent to contend with Satan and strengthen others, like Moses. Moses was translated because he needed to minister to the Lord later on, and, I believe, he has a work in these latter days to complete in reclaiming the House of Israel.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Moses was translated... so it never happened.

Wondering Wendy
captain of 100

Post by Wondering Wendy »

Someone speculated once that this might also be a future prophetic event. Meaning that this would occur again over a new Moses. Hmm... I wonder if it a shadow reference to Christ as Moses, as well. 🤔

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

Cruiserdude wrote: February 6th, 2023, 4:12 pmLet's ask Abijah. He gets great insights from great sources👍👍 I'm curious his thoughts on this
@Abijah vení.... YA! 😁
there is a post i was able to make some years ago where i was watching the show vikings (which you've seen) and had something of a *revelation* while watching a certain scene which definitely spoke to a much more ancient worldview of symbolism 🦅

specifically about the irony of prophecy, and how God can make all things circumspect into one perfect (or imperfect) whole, and how He uniquely can reverse prophecy/destiny to suit His own ends, even if satan originally tried to manufacture/fabricate it on its own (build your own 🦅).

Highly symbolic and relevant scenes imo:
abijah` wrote: October 25th, 2021, 11:14 pm i reckon moses personifies the "fool"

"looking for someone else?"

Satan/King`Saul: "i'd like to know what will happen to me?"

Völva of Endor: "i see an eagle. i see that an eagle hovers over you. but i also see that you yourself are the eagle."

Prophecy is a double-edged thing. It can be easy to think you are one type of eagle... only to turn out being the other.

maybe satan slips the dagger in the back, only later to realise he got the wrong man, merely stabbed a decoy, and it isnt by the law we are saved nor was it ever intended to be?
who can grapple with the pendulum of divination?

those who seek 'prophets' to spell-out their own glory beforehand often get betrayed by their own presumptuous instinct (how satan/saul falls).

Baurak Ale
Nauvoo Legion Captain

Post by Baurak Ale »

Satan thought since Moses had murdered an Egyptian that he had claim to his body (physical death), but Michael rebuked the claim and enabled Moses to retain his body from death (through translation).

This was apparently needed so that Moses could return to earth prior to his resurrection and bestow certain keys and authority to Christ on the Mount of Transfiguration.

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

Baurak Ale wrote: February 25th, 2023, 7:19 pm Satan thought since Moses had murdered an Egyptian that he had claim to his body (physical death), but Michael rebuked the claim and enabled Moses to retain his body from death (through translation).

This was apparently needed so that Moses could return to earth prior to his resurrection and bestow certain keys and authority to Christ on the Mount of Transfiguration.
Why could Moses get away with murder? 🤔

And why did God not even try to kill him for that? (Rather He tried to kill him for not curcumsising Gershom). Is not curcumsising your son equivalent or worse than murder? Or is there something more here? 🤔

We don't really understand Moses.
Last edited by abijah on February 25th, 2023, 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Peeps
captain of 1,000

Post by Peeps »

The children of Israel had just left an Egyptian culture that worshipped the pantheon of the gods of the dead. The Egyptians mummified their pharaohs/leaders in order to preserve their flesh bodies, and buried these leaders with whatever, and sometimes whoever, they thought they might need in the afterlife-- because they believed you could take things out of this material world into the spirit world. Ancestry worship, veneration for the dead, etc., was a snare, and Moses' flesh body would have been a snare to a people still desiring their "flesh pots" of Egypt.

Exodus 16:3
"And the children of Israel said unto them, Would to God we had died by the hand of the LORD in the land of Egypt, when we sat by the flesh pots, and when we did eat bread to the full; for ye have brought us forth into this wilderness, to kill this whole assembly with hunger."

If they had made a golden calf while Moses was only gone for 40 days, imagine what they would have done with Moses' body had they had been given access to it. This was probably why the LORD said He would take care of it, whether that meant Moses actually died, or he was translated.

Even long years after the Exodus, King Hezekiah, one of the last righteous kings of Judah prior to the Babylonian captivity, had to destroy Moses' brazen serpent because some of the people were burning incense to it.

2 Kings 18:4
"He removed the high places, and brake the images, and cut down the groves, and brake in pieces the brasen serpent that Moses had made: for unto those days the children of Israel did burn incense to it: and he called it Nehushtan."

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

BuriedTartaria wrote: February 6th, 2023, 4:07 pmInteresting to me that Michael and Lucifer seem to have had these moments of staring each other down since the start of all this
It's a constant and continuous internal battle we all face every day.

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Post by Atrasado »

Robin Hood wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:39 am

Moses was translated... so it never happened.
It happened. This was at the translation of Moses. Satan accused the Lord of unjustly favoring Moses since the devil claimed that Moses was a murderer and thus could not be forgiven. Michael resisted him and his accusations and Moses was translated and the devil retreated.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

I would say that Satan contends for every single soul ever born here on earth. And even more so for the "great and noble ones". And it seems that many there are that he gets to take, at least for a season. As for example, the " anti-diluvions ", a prison was prepared where they had to languish, or work for el diablo? for what, a few millennium?
I think when we die and are " weighed in the balance" with JC and the grim reaper there to make claim, is about the time we come to an abrupt realization of truly who JC really is.

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

nightlight wrote: February 6th, 2023, 6:15 pm
BuriedTartaria wrote: February 6th, 2023, 5:17 pm

Bloodline 🧬
What?!

How deep does this go?!
QAnon is psyops imo (AI generated perhaps)

I believe this is linked with the Watchers (which equals all things UFO/pre-flood tech/occult)
I've often wondered about how much was revealed to the people of earth prior to the flood.

Mike

edgoble123
captain of 100

Post by edgoble123 »

The devil believed that he could thwart God's plan to have Moses be translated, and ascend into heaven as a translated being. He thought that if he accused Moses of being a man of blood and a murderer, he could possibly cause Moses to have to die and go to the spirit world. Adam/Michael came to defend Moses, and rebuked the Devil, and the result was that Moses was translated.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10 ... lCode=jnta

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

edgoble123 wrote: March 4th, 2023, 10:49 pm
The devil believed that he could thwart God's plan to have Moses be translated. He thought that if he accused Moses of being a man of blood and a murderer, he could possibly cause Moses to have to die and go to the spirit world. Adam/Michael came to defend Moses, and rebuked the Devil, and the result was that Moses could be translated.
Nonsense.

Demons know they don't get to judge man. That right belongs to the God of creation.

The devil didn't go to the corpse of Moses to trick God into thinking Moses deserved hell. There's absolutely no logic in this idea.
If Satan was that stupid....the history of man would be a bit different

edgoble123
captain of 100

Post by edgoble123 »

nightlight wrote: March 4th, 2023, 11:01 pm
edgoble123 wrote: March 4th, 2023, 10:49 pm
The devil believed that he could thwart God's plan to have Moses be translated. He thought that if he accused Moses of being a man of blood and a murderer, he could possibly cause Moses to have to die and go to the spirit world. Adam/Michael came to defend Moses, and rebuked the Devil, and the result was that Moses could be translated.
Nonsense.

Demons know they don't get to judge man. That right belongs to the God of creation.

The devil didn't go to the corpse of Moses to trick God into thinking Moses deserved hell. There's absolutely no logic in this idea.
If Satan was that stupid....the history of man would be a bit different
You heard what you wanted to when you read my words. You didn't understand my words. You need to read more carefully what you read.

I did not say that the Devil went into the corpse of Moses to possess a corpse. I have no idea where you got that.

The devil is the "accuser". He has a role in old testament theology as someone that makes accusations, similar to how a prosecutor acts as the agent that makes accusations before a court.

This is the role that Satan was acting in, to accuse Moses and make the case that Moses ought not to be translated become essentially like an angel as translated beings are, but that instead, that he ought to rot in hell for being a murderer.

Adam came to rebuke the Devil so he would leave, just like Peter does in the Temple.