Rob Fotheringham's videos are no longer on YT

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Rob Fotheringham's videos are no longer on YT

Post by LDS Physician »

Wonder which is was:

The church threatens to ex him or
The church paid Google to remove the videos

I can't think of a more realistic option.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Rob Fotheringham's videos are no longer on YT

Post by Luke »

Maybe he saw the light and took them down…

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

If I recall correctly he took down the videos a month or so ago but then the videos were hosted by another YouTube channel. Not sure if those are still up or if they have been pulled down as well

My thoughts are for the peace of his family he pulled them and/or he changed his mind on the conclusions offered in his videos. I hope he’s safe

Speaking out against a $100 billion+ institution’s foundational claims isn’t an easy thing to do.

I suppose the videos being up or down doesn’t matter much at this point. The narrative that the Book of Mormon’s truth is directly tied to the LDS church’s institutional claims has been sufficiently damaged (imo)

By small and simple means God will break and destroy the Babylonian world we live in and the institutions that hold it up. His kingdom will come. Someday we’ll know the truth of the matter on Mormon history

At the end of the day God (truth and light) wins.

investigator
captain of 100

Post by investigator »

They can be found here…

https://youtube.com/@HemlockKnotsi

Forever
captain of 50

Post by Forever »

He has stated that his wife is very much opposed to him exposing the brethren. I'm very grateful to him for his sacrifices and efforts

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

I haven’t watched many of them, but I heard they are found here.

https://hemlockknots.com/

Also, yes, I heard it was due to his wife being true blue in the church and not wanting him to rock the boat. Good for him for respecting his wife’s wishes. And they are apparently still available for viewing.

Edit: I guess they are not at the hemlock knots site anymore, except for their interview with him. But they are available as unlisted videos if you have the web address.
Last edited by Wolfwoman on February 7th, 2023, 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forever
captain of 50

Post by Forever »

Wolfwoman wrote: February 6th, 2023, 2:04 pm I haven’t watched many of them, but I heard they are found here.

Also, yes, I heard it was due to his wife being true blue in the church and not wanting him to rock the boat. Good for him for respecting his wife’s wishes. And they are apparently still available for viewing.
Yes, but I also respect him for obeying God no matter the cost.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

I've watched a number of his videos. I found them to be quite poor in the main. He clearly has an agenda.

GeeR
captain of 1,000

Post by GeeR »

Wolfwoman wrote: February 6th, 2023, 2:04 pm I haven’t watched many of them, but I heard they are found here.

Good thing Lot and Lehi didn't respect their wife's wishes because they respected God's wishes!

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Robin Hood wrote: February 6th, 2023, 2:46 pm I've watched a number of his videos. I found them to be quite poor in the main. He clearly has an agenda.
I'm glad the church doesn't manipulate the gospel. Clearly no agenda there.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

GeeR wrote: February 6th, 2023, 2:58 pm

Good thing Lot and Lehi didn't respect their wife's wishes because they respected God's wishes!
👍👍

Forever
captain of 50

Post by Forever »

Wolfwoman wrote: February 6th, 2023, 3:25 pm

👍👍
We must be careful to not judge God's servants. We have no idea what battles they are fighting. I know that Rob inquires of the Lord and I feel confident that he is following Him.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

Forever wrote: February 6th, 2023, 3:31 pm
Wolfwoman wrote: February 6th, 2023, 3:25 pm

👍👍
We must be careful to not judge God's servants. We have no idea what battles they are fighting. I know that Rob inquires of the Lord and I feel confident that he is following Him.
Yep, I agree. I don’t know Rob or his wife. I don’t know the entire story of Lot and his wife or Lehi and Sariah, other than what is written in our scriptures. I would never presume to judge any of them in that way.
Some people pretend to believe in eternal marriage, but then think a couple should get divorced just because they disagree on something.

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

Here is what I have heard. His wife requested he clear his youtube channel because he was being investigated to be excommunicated. He shut down his channel to possibly avoid this. Didn't work. Hemlock Knots is a Doctrine of Christ associated website but Rob has chosen to align with a different group.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

HereWeGo wrote: February 6th, 2023, 8:59 pm Here is what I have heard. His wife requested he clear his youtube channel because he was being investigated to be excommunicated. He shut down his channel to possibly avoid this. Didn't work. Hemlock Knots is a Doctrine of Christ associated website but Rob has chosen to align with a different group.

I'm hesitant to ask because I'm worried this is delving into *petty gossip, but what group have you heard Rob is aligning with? You can PM me if you'd rather keep it quiet. My gut instinct thought was that Rob regretted what he did and decided to stay in the ship and not rock the boat and/or changed his mind on viewing Mormonism's history different from the standard narrative, so I'm surprised to hear he decided to throw in with a group.

*I'm also hesitant to ask because I suppose we shouldn't look at where respectable people are aligning for the sake of deciding where we should go, but I suppose that can't be entirely avoided and probably shouldn't be entirely avoided.
Last edited by BuriedTartaria on February 6th, 2023, 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

I'll leave my comment as it stands.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

HereWeGo wrote: February 6th, 2023, 9:14 pm I'll leave my comment as it stands.
That's fine!

The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

Post by The Red Pill »

LDS Physician wrote: February 6th, 2023, 1:05 pm Wonder which is was:

The church threatens to ex him or
The church paid Google to remove the videos

I can't think of a more realistic option.
Rob's videos were well researched and he always brought receipts to back up his conclusions.

I hope he continues when the institutional church goes to far (in the eyes of his TBM wife). The urging of the clot-shot with no apology was to far for me.

Look forward for climate change, 17 SDG's of the UN and ALL things LGBTG to be pushed on the flock in the coming months. They have ALREADY committed to such.

Seed Starter
captain of 1,000

Post by Seed Starter »

That's weird. I had one of his videos partly started. I just pressed play and it started playing so I must have loaded part of it. I just hit refresh and now they're gone. I only got to see one of his videos the other day.

NowWhat
captain of 100

Post by NowWhat »

I only see one video on Hemlock Knots, and it's an interview with Rob, not one of his videos. Any other options? I haven't watched any, but, after watching the interview, I'm interested.

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

How sad. At first Rob took his videos off from his YouTube channel but they individually remained on the site. Now they have been removed (presumably by him) from YouTube altogether. I feared this would happen so I downloaded them all to a hard drive.

NowWhat
captain of 100

Post by NowWhat »

Here, is there any way you can make these available to us?

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

NowWhat wrote: February 7th, 2023, 11:33 am Here, is there any way you can make these available to us?
They are larger MP4s which can't be emailed. I have given friends a USB drive with them on. I don't know what copywrite laws govern their distribution.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

What did he talk about?

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

harakim wrote: February 7th, 2023, 4:55 pm What did he talk about?
I didn’t watch many of them, but I think he delved into church history and doctrine and just “truth”.