Temple Interview

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Temple Interview

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Can any of you explain to me why the majority of the temple laws cannot be spoken of outside of the temple? Or can you explain to me why the law of the gospel, sacrifice, chastity, and consecration are not spoken of our taught openly as they relate to the temple? *note that last part specifically as it relates to the temple*

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

SmilingPatriot wrote: February 6th, 2023, 7:00 pm I agree! I’m glad you spent the time to find all the quotes. Even a TBM would have to take a step back and say hmmmm…
Unfortunately, very few will step back and contemplate. You have to be open to new knowledge and open to new sources of that knowledge before you will see. As you can see, there are many on this site who cannot see or learn because they cling so tightly to their perceived knowledge and sources of knowledge. Maybe they will open their eyes some day.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Mamabear wrote: February 4th, 2023, 3:17 pm Would Jesus pass a temple recommend interview?

Do you sustain the prophet Russell Nelson?
Who?
Do you pay tithing?
No.
Do you keep the word of wisdom?
No
Do you wear your garments?
No
Good questions.
He also had guts to honestly confront religious leaders who were abusing their positions.

NowWhat
captain of 100

Post by NowWhat »

Vernet, welcome aboard.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Vernet wrote: February 5th, 2023, 12:29 pm For me, endowment prior to changes of the 90s, was not a good experience. Left me with doubts from the get-go. Went on a mission, came home and never had the desire to go again. If it works for you, then good for you. Personally, I never liked the temple experience. I am still a member, recently divorced and my ex wife would go often to the temple and come home different. Not enlightened but distant, odd. Now I see the temple as a force that destroyed my family. Still a member, please don't judge me.
I can relate, as others can, especially my dad who also went before when they made you pretend to slit your throat (like Freemasons do in their secret rituals). The sad truth is most people go along with whatever is convenient, or easy & only have a real objection when it somehow hurts THEM. They don’t care how many people have had to sit outside for weddings, or how many spouses have divorced or threatened divorce just because the other spouse doesn’t believe in doing freemasonry rituals in the temple.

“Behold, there are many called, but few are chosen. And why are they not chosen? Because their hearts are set so much upon the things of this world, & aspire to the honors of men… “- D&C 121:34-35

Many choose praises of men over God, so they TRY to bend and twist reality to aspire to honors of men.

SmilingPatriot
captain of 50

Post by SmilingPatriot »

HereWeGo wrote: February 6th, 2023, 8:41 pm
SmilingPatriot wrote: February 6th, 2023, 7:00 pm I agree! I’m glad you spent the time to find all the quotes. Even a TBM would have to take a step back and say hmmmm…
Unfortunately, very few will step back and contemplate. You have to be open to new knowledge and open to new sources of that knowledge before you will see. As you can see, there are many on this site who cannot see or learn because they cling so tightly to their perceived knowledge and sources of knowledge. Maybe they will open their eyes some day.
I hear ya! It really is sad to see. What seems to be so clear to some, others are completely blind to or maybe they refuse to see.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

larsenb wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 7:10 pmI assume you are questioning my use of the phrase 'mass formations'. Carl Gustaf Jung first raised this subject, but used a different descriptor: "psychic epidemics", calling them essentially the most dangerous phenomenon humans can be subject to . . . e.g.., they can lead to devastating wars, etc. They are also manipulated and created by power centers and groups in a population.

In my and many others view, the COVID-19 narrative was and certainly the following mRNA shots were, perfect examples of a 'mass formations'. They are driven primarily by fear. Particularly susceptible to this fear and gloming on to the extreme danger of COVID-19 and the mRNA shot solution to this fear, were the Woke crowd, and certain governments and population centers, particularly LA, NYC and countries such as Australia, New Zealand and Canada.

Mattias Desmet came up with the term, yet knew and/or knows nothng about CG Jung's description of the same thing.

In my view, the Brethren were caught up in this mentality, and God allowed it for His own purposes.
Fascinating! I hadn’t read that (or forgot) by Jung. I believe mob/herd mentality is indeed the most dangerous above any virus, nuclear weapons etc. It’s like a mass of people drunk so then they do all kinds of stupid things because the thinking capacity seems to shrink in groups.

This by Jung is so true:
It is not famine, not earthquakes, not microbes, not cancer but man himself who is man’s greatest danger to man, for the simple reason that there is no adequate protection against psychic epidemics, which are infinitely more devastating than the worst of natural catastrophes.
The supreme danger which threatens individuals as well as whole nations is a psychic danger. Reason has proved itself completely powerless, precisely because its arguments have an effect only on the conscious mind and not on the unconscious.
The greatest danger of all comes from the masses, in whom the effects of the unconscious pile up cumulatively and the reasonableness of the conscious mind is stifled
…”

I don’t believe God is involved at all in evil like that but rather God gives us all free agency to choose. Christ talked & showed by example how herd mentality was dangerous (ie when they wanted to force him to be their king, when they realized he wouldn’t physically save them & they joined in shouting, “crucify him!”) Christ died having been alone & betrayed by everyone - the innocent suffering unjustly because he dared to stand against the insane religious mob leaders.

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

I am closer to my Lord and Saviour than I have ever been in my life... exponentially closer. Yet, I no longer hold a temple recommend because I cannot be deceitful in my heart in order to obtain the necessary piece of paper. To be honest, I no longer even go through the interview process.

When I can touch the hand of another person and feel the spirit (or lack thereof) it is incredibly hard to answer questions of judgement.

This is something that I have discussed with my Stake President... He tries to understand. I have explained that the Lord is with me even though I no longer attend temple sessions. My heart is full.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 6th, 2023, 8:21 pm Can any of you explain to me why the majority of the temple laws cannot be spoken of outside of the temple? Or can you explain to me why the law of the gospel, sacrifice, chastity, and consecration are not spoken of our taught openly as they relate to the temple? *note that last part specifically as it relates to the temple*
Anybody want to answer that one? ^^