How is it possible for the Q15 to receive a Temple Recommend?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

How is it possible for the Q15 to receive a Temple Recommend?

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

7. Do you support or promote any teachings, practices, or doctrine contrary to those of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?

How can any member of the Q15 answer this question with a straight face after supporting and promoting the federal gay marriage law?

Rumpelstiltskin
captain of 1,000

Re: How is it possible for the Q15 to receive a Temple Recommend?

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 3:08 pm 7. Do you support or promote any teachings, practices, or doctrine contrary to those of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?

How can any member of the Q15 answer this question with a straight face after supporting and promoting the federal gay marriage law?
For me, an even bigger question is how can any of them claim to be "prophets, seers, and revelators" let alone qualify for a recommend. Their promotion of false and/or watered-down doctrine and the promotion of the vax calling it a "literal godsend" proves none of them are what they claim.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 3:08 pm 7. Do you support or promote any teachings, practices, or doctrine contrary to those of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?

Because they are the Church?*

* In organisational terms.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

If I sustain them, does that mean that I am also supporting and promoting teachings and doctrines contrary to the church?

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Niemand wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 3:28 pm

Yes, I know that they are exempt from needing Temple Recommend interviews. But... how can they expect US to answer that question faithfully while they do not even qualify on its face?

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 3:32 pm

Yes, I know that they are exempt from needing Temple Recommend interviews. But... how can they expect US to answer that question faithfully while they do not even qualify on its face?
Because you are thinking in spiritual terms and they are thinking in terms of the corporation of the president.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Niemand wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 3:34 pm

Because you are thinking in spiritual terms and they are thinking in terms of the corporation of the president.
Will they tell you that, though? ;)

I'm curious as to what people think.... what are some possible answers would they give if they were asked this in a press conference?

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 3:42 pm
Niemand wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 3:34 pm

Will they tell you that, though? ;)

I'm curious as to what people think.... what are some possible answers would they give if they were asked this in a press conference?
I'm sure they'd have some mealy mouthed way to get round it, or say "follow the prophet" or some such.

We're on the same page... just I'm looking at the small print in the footnote at the bottom.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

It's easy when you are the one who decides what the gospel is. :)

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

I am tempted to say yes, the 1st presidency and Q12

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Do they even have the little paper? I can imagine several funny scenarios where Jeffrey R shows up at the Temple without one... everyone there would fall all over themselves. Imagine one Barney Fife recommend desk worker who wouldn't let him in?

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

I can't believe that this question isn't on the forefront of every single member's mind.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

The very fact that they are democrats prevents them from even being Christian, let alone the total opposition to Christ it proves.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

When I was in president Monson's Ward the leadership got up one of the days Monson was there in Sacrament, and joked about who interviews who for the temple recommend interview. Does Monson go to his Ward Bishop like the rest of us have to? Everyone chuckled, and the answer was that Monson signs his own recommend. Everybody chuckled and they talked about something else.

If the church wasted the paper and required Monson or any of the other paid leaders to hand over a recommend at the door instead of just letting then in the back door, I'd be shocked. (Monson didn't even use his own front door to his own house, the armed drivers pulled his million dollar Audi with the bulletproof glass up to the back secret gate next to my old house. 😉🤫)

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 4:48 pm When I was in president Monson's Ward the leadership got up one of the days Monson was there in Sacrament, and joked about who interviews who for the temple recommend interview. Does Monson go to his Ward Bishop like the rest of us have to? Everyone chuckled, and the answer was that Monson signs his own recommend. Everybody chuckled and they talked about something else.

If the church wasted the paper and required Monson or any of the other paid leaders to hand over a recommend at the door instead of just letting then in the back door, I'd be shocked. (Monson didn't even use his own front door to his own house, the armed drivers pulled his million dollar Audi with the bulletproof glass up to the back secret gate next to my old house. 😉🤫)
He was the bishop of me nameless friends ward, and showed amazing footage in https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... n?lang=eng

The video has gone missing from YouTube.

Why. :?:
Found it posted in an old thread.

Hiker
captain of 100

Post by Hiker »

Rumpelstiltskin wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 3:16 pm

...promotion of the vax calling it a "literal godsend" proves none of them are what they claim.
I agree! I felt like the church abandoned their sheep and Invited the wolves to prey on us.
photo_2023-02-03_16-49-14.jpg
photo_2023-02-03_16-49-14.jpg (330.77 KiB) Viewed 540 times

JLHPROF
captain of 1,000

Post by JLHPROF »

This is such an easy one to sidestep unless you are making public protests.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

JLHPROF wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 7:11 pm
What do you mean?

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

I think he means capitulate. :)

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

It's one thing to say I don't support gay marriage in our institution, and we don't intend on changing that (which is the current position of the Church).

It's another to try to influence a government by religious means to accept that religion's definition of marriage and then impose it on the population (admittedly, this was the Church's position up to Prop 8).

The only reason why I think the Church is not more forceful on this stance like it was before is because it still has to run in this telestial world, and having the Church cancelled worldwide would be most inconvenient.

For a similar reason the Church has not openly said that they support Ukraine in their fight against Russia, even going further to mention the current situation there as "an armed conflict" instead of "war" or "special military operation." The Church has tens of thousands of members in both countries. Implying that you take a side or another will cause severe persecution in one side or the other.

In these days, believe it or not, you will get cancelled if you openly oppose the new popular practices of these days. What would happen if the Church and Church leaders all of a sudden had their bank accounts canceled and their monies blocked out? Imagine if the Church had sent a donation to the truckers in Canada, that money would have been frozen and the Church's operations in Canada would be in danger.

Thankfully we have wise people leading the Church, whom God has entrusted with the operation of His Church. I would love the Church to be able to get off of the current system of monies, I would love the Church to be able to build up Zion as the scriptures prophesy.

But until that day comes, we have to live in the realities of this world.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Sub, that day will come, but not with this church. You’re gonna be waiting a long time if you think this org is going to bring about Zion.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Subcomandante wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 7:53 pm

It's one thing to say I don't support gay marriage in our institution, and we don't intend on changing that (which is the current position of the Church).

It's another to try to influence a government by religious means to accept that religion's definition of marriage and then impose it on the population (admittedly, this was the Church's position up to Prop 8).

The only reason why I think the Church is not more forceful on this stance like it was before is because it still has to run in this telestial world, and having the Church cancelled worldwide would be most inconvenient.

For a similar reason the Church has not openly said that they support Ukraine in their fight against Russia, even going further to mention the current situation there as "an armed conflict" instead of "war" or "special military operation." The Church has tens of thousands of members in both countries. Implying that you take a side or another will cause severe persecution in one side or the other.

In these days, believe it or not, you will get cancelled if you openly oppose the new popular practices of these days. What would happen if the Church and Church leaders all of a sudden had their bank accounts canceled and their monies blocked out? Imagine if the Church had sent a donation to the truckers in Canada, that money would have been frozen and the Church's operations in Canada would be in danger.

Thankfully we have wise people leading the Church, whom God has entrusted with the operation of His Church. I would love the Church to be able to get off of the current system of monies, I would love the Church to be able to build up Zion as the scriptures prophesy.

But until that day comes, we have to live in the realities of this world.
1. Why didn't they just say nothing?

2. Your logic can be applied to pro abortion laws.

This is not wisdom. This is foolishness.
This is not faith. This is fear.

It was fear that caused them to allow the secret combinations to get above them. And now that they're above them, they dictate to the church leaders what they should support and disavow.

"It's one thing to say I don't support ABORTION in our institution, and we don't intend on changing that (which is the current position of the Church).

It's another to try to influence a government by religious means to accept that religion's POSITION of ABORTION and then impose it on the population."

... And then goes on to publicly, loudly, proudly support a law that allows for the carrying out of such abominations IN THE PROMISED LAND.

Sub, you need to get your head examined if you don't understand the definition of these two words:
Support & Promote. The church most definitely did these two things. Openly and proudly.
Last edited by InfoWarrior82 on February 3rd, 2023, 8:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.

JLHPROF
captain of 1,000

Post by JLHPROF »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 7:38 pm
What do you mean?
I mean I feel like I can answer the wording honestly with a yes and I don't agree with the Church on a lot of things.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

JLHPROF wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 8:14 pm
InfoWarrior82 wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 7:38 pm
What do you mean?
I mean I feel like I can answer the wording honestly with a yes and I don't agree with the Church on a lot of things.
I guess what I'm asking is, is how can THEY (the Q15) answer this specific question?