New Children's Book: endlessQuestions Learns to Repent

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

New Children's Book: endlessQuestions Learns to Repent

Post by endlessQuestions »

Hi everyone,

I'm so happy to be "back" after my non-sabbatical sabbatical. :)

I am here to repent.

I want to open this post with an expression of gratitude. I love you guys so much! Yes, even the ones I don't see eye to eye with. While I often refer to LDSFF as the "dive bar of Mormon blogosphere", I have to say, you all are the most sincere, most honest, most fun group of people I get to spend time with. That being said...

I've made some mistakes.

First and foremost, I post too much. I have a really bad habit of sucking all the air out of a room, and I'm guilty of that here, as well. I'm sorry for that. From now on, I am only going to post up to 5 comments per day (stop cheering, Red Pill. That's not funny!).

Secondly, I am learning a great deal from trusted advisors and the Lord about how I could have more appropriately gone about attempting to achieve my goal of seeing things as they are, as they were, and as they shall be, and raising a voice of warning when I felt like the Lord was asking me to do so.

First and foremost, I wish to express remorse about the public way I went about my business. I thought I was following the behavior modeled by the Savior when He talked about doing His business openly, and not in secret, but I see now that to teach openly does not necessarily mean to teach in the presence of those who might not be able to process information appropriately for a variety of reasons, or people who might be seeking to use good, but incomplete, information to tear down the work of the Lord. I want you to know that while I desire to continue to research publicly, I'm also committed to learning how to do that in such a way that the research is being conducted amongst those who exhibit the characteristics we find in our standard works such as patience, long-suffering, being slow to judge, quick to forgive, and so on. I think that much good comes of counseling with one another as we strive to carefully and methodically establish what can be verified and what can be falsified, but I now see clearly that trying to perform the kind of research I'm engaged in, in the type of environment I was trying to conduct it in showed a certain hubris that wasn't justified. I do promise that as I go from "throwing everything against the wall" to "I think this is ready for public consumption", LDSFF will always be the first place I post. I love the give and take that goes on here, and want you all to have access to the best information possible!

Secondly, as I look back at my form of communication, I can clearly see that I have work to do in consistently expressing myself appropriately. This will likely be a challenge for me, as I tend towards extremeties in thought due to reasons covered elsewhere (keen mind, broken brain). While I feel I did a good job about being honest about this weakness I have in my communications, I can now see that a) I need to do a better job of holding my tongue until I am prepared to express myself in a Christ-like manner and b) being honest about a weakness isn't sufficient - we must overcome our weakness, and do our best to forebear from allowing our weakness to lead to potential problems. Along those lines, I have reached out to an old friend of mine who is qualified to help train me on how to do better at this.

Anyhow, that is all I need to repent of right now, I think.

Take care everyone, and remember, our only job is to learn how to hear the voice of the Lord, and then do WHATEVER He asks us to, WHEN He asks us to, WITHOUT counting the cost.

The people who do that are going to be the real victors in the last great battles, which we might call W(hatever)W(hen)W(ithout) III (That's a "3" for my non Roman friends).

SantaFe
captain of 50

Re: New Children's Book: endlessQuestions Learns to Repent

Post by SantaFe »

endlessQuestions wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 2:24 pm Hi everyone,

I am here to repent.

I want to open this post with an expression of gratitude. I love you guys so much! Yes, even the ones I don't see eye to eye with. While I often refer to LDSFF as the "dive bar of Mormon blogosphere", I have to say, you all are the most sincere, most honest, most fun group of people I get to spend time with. That being said...

I've made some mistakes.

First and foremost, I post too much. I have a really bad habit of sucking all the air out of a room, and I'm guilty of that here, as well. I'm sorry for that. From now on, I am only going to post up to 5 comments per day (stop cheering, Red Pill. That's not funny!).

Secondly, I am learning a great deal from trusted advisors and the Lord about how I could have more appropriately gone about attempting to achieve my goal of seeing things as they are, as they were, and as they shall be, and raising a voice of warning when I felt like the Lord was asking me to do so.

First and foremost, I wish to express remorse about the public way I went about my business. I thought I was following the behavior modeled by the Savior when He talked about doing His business openly, and not in secret, but I see now that to teach openly does not necessarily mean to teach in the presence of those who might not be able to process information appropriately for a variety of reasons, or people who might be seeking to use good, but incomplete, information to tear down the work of the Lord. I want you to know that while I desire to continue to research publicly, I'm also committed to learning how to do that in such a way that the research is being conducted amongst those who exhibit the characteristics we find in our standard works such as patience, long-suffering, being slow to judge, quick to forgive, and so on. I think that much good comes of counseling with one another as we strive to carefully and methodically establish what can be verified and what can be falsified, but I now see clearly that trying to perform the kind of research I'm engaged in, in the type of environment I was trying to conduct it in showed a certain hubris that wasn't justified. I do promise that as I go from "throwing everything against the wall" to "I think this is ready for public consumption", LDSFF will always be the first place I post. I love the give and take that goes on here, and want you all to have access to the best information possible!

Secondly, as I look back at my form of communication, I can clearly see that I have work to do in consistently expressing myself appropriately. This will likely be a challenge for me, as I tend towards extremeties in thought due to reasons covered elsewhere (keen mind, broken brain). While I feel I did a good job about being honest about this weakness I have in my communications, I can now see that a) I need to do a better job of holding my tongue until I am prepared to express myself in a Christ-like manner and b) being honest about a weakness isn't sufficient - we must overcome our weakness, and do our best to forebear from allowing our weakness to lead to potential problems. Along those lines, I have reached out to an old friend of mine who is qualified to help train me on how to do better at this.

Take care everyone, and remember, our only job is to learn how to hear the voice of the Lord, and then do WHATEVER He asks us to, WHEN He asks us to, WITHOUT counting the cost.

The people who do that are going to be the real victors in the last great battles, which we might call W(hatever)W(hen)W(ithout) III (That's a "3" for my non Roman friends).
[/quote
Welcome back!

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

We are living through an awakening. Overshooting the mark is completely within reason. For all you know, you may have severely undershot it.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

First and foremost, I post too much. I have a really bad habit of sucking all the air out of a room, and I'm guilty of that here, as well. I'm sorry for that. From now on, I am only going to post up to 5 comments per day
:cry: I do not condemn you! You are one of my favorite posters to read every day! And you are also one of the best researchers I've seen in the history of my 12.5 years on (and off for a minute) this forum. I love how you talk through micro-points people don't even think to investigate, and you show all your work for the rest of us. I have never thought you post too much, and you share things worth reading.

(So shut up RedPill if you think endless should shut up :P )

I am glad you are back from your non-sabbatical. Please keep being one of the most intelligent and interesting posters here. :idea: :!:

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Everyone has an occasional off-day. Don't worry about it. You are focussing on Christ and that's all that matters.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post #3 for today:

I want to give you an idea of what the repentant endlessQuestions is going to be trying to do, so you all can hold me accountable.

Here are some Buddhist precepts I'm being taught that I think are worthy of thinking about:

Do not say untruthful things for the sake of personal interest or to impress people

Do not utter words that cause division or hatred

Do not spread words that you do not know to be certain (Uh oh)

Do not criticize or condemn things of which you are not sure (whistling quietly while backing away)

Always speak truthfully and constructively (I mean, 1 out of 2 ain't bad, right?)

Have the courage to speak about situations of injustice, even when doing so may threaten your own safety (Yay! I get a karma point!).

So, I'm looking at how these precepts hold up to my standard works, but for now, they all seem reasonable, and I'm going to try to do better.

I've got two more posts for the day. I won't be able to get around to it until later, but they should be pretty good. I've got some Russell M. Nelson / Skull and Bones information people need to be aware of. Remember, as I've always said, the appearance of evil does not prove the existence of evil. Let's keep moving forward, finding and requesting more information, and withholding judgement until the Lord directs us to judge, or comes to judge on our behalf.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Was it you that sent an email to all the general authorities about skull and bones? If so, how many did you write to again, and have you received any replies? You can PM me so as not to use up one of your post counts.

John Tavner
captain of 1,000

Post by John Tavner »

endlessQuestions wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 2:24 pm Hi everyone,

I am here to repent.

I've made some mistakes.

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. The fact that you "feel" anything means God is working with you, which means He loves you. The Lord is developing within you Charity as long as you continue to seek it. My only advice, which I take is don't let the lie of "this will be a challenge for me" become your identity. You can recognize a weakness, but don't stay there. God will make you strong. Redefine yourself through and by Him. Rather than saying "this will be a challenge" thank God that He doesn't want it to be a challenge for you, that He has sent His Spirit to guide you and strengthen you so that you become like Him. Ask God to help you hold your tongue and thank Him for doing so, for He desires you to do so - oterhwise He wouldn't have give you these promptings. God is on your side. More than just "expressing yourself in a Christ like manner" view it so that you don't just say the words, but you actually are doing it in that way too- that your intent is pure. As you continue to submit to Him, God will help you. In my experirence the more you fight the weakness, the more you will struggle. The key is to submit and recognize God has already won the battle. We just submit, trust in Him- even if you fail, thank God that He doesn't see that in you, ask God and thank Him for helping you see waht He sees you as being (This is seeing with an eye of faith). As you embrace what God already sees in you, You will gain strength - then all you must do is keep watch, other wise the enemy will try to sneak in and bind the strong man, but if you happen to mess up, you run to God and rather than flaying yourself, you submit to Him and thank Him for His mercy and that HE doesn't see you that way, and recomit, and keep watch. You will find that over time, Rather than you fighting your flesh and blood, that you are fighting principalities and powers and will find that Jesus already won the fight, which means as you submit to Him, you are resisiting the devil and he will flee. You will be free, for He who the Son sets free is free indeed.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 3:31 pm
First and foremost, I post too much. I have a really bad habit of sucking all the air out of a room, and I'm guilty of that here, as well. I'm sorry for that. From now on, I am only going to post up to 5 comments per day
:cry: I do not condemn you! You are one of my favorite posters to read every day! And you are also one of the best researchers I've seen in the history of my 12.5 years on (and off for a minute) this forum. I love how you talk through micro-points people don't even think to investigate, and you show all your work for the rest of us. I have never thought you post too much, and you share things worth reading.

(So shut up RedPill if you think endless should shut up :P )

I am glad you are back from your non-sabbatical. Please keep being one of the most intelligent and interesting posters here. :idea: :!:
March 8 have have fried her brain. :lol:

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

My personality flaw has been that when I have learned new things, I want to share with everybody and when someone listens, I tend to throw up on them. I'm like a fire hose. I've learned through sad experience that it usually doesn't work and turns people off. They tune out people who do the throw up thing.

Now, before I share things I have learned, I try to determine how open they are to new things. Are they open to information which they are not currently clinging to? Many people think they have all the information and answers. It is a waste of time to have an exchange of information with these kind of people. They will tell you the way it is and not be interested in hearing what you have to say. If you do not think or believe like them, you are simply wrong. If I see that people will not think or believe anything that they don't already cling to, I don't waste my time on an exchange.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

So, you got reprimanded by man? (Directed toward the OP)
Last edited by Reluctant Watchman on February 3rd, 2023, 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 9:23 pm So, you got reprimanded by man?
Not sure I know what you are asking. I am simply saying don't waste time on people who are closed minded when there are many others who are open minded.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

HereWeGo wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 9:38 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 9:23 pm So, you got reprimanded by man?
Not sure I know what you are asking. I am simply saying don't waste time on people who are closed minded when there are many others who are open minded.
Sorry, my comment was a response to the OP.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

HereWeGo wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 9:13 pm My personality flaw has been that when I have learned new things, I want to share with everybody and when someone listens, I tend to throw up on them. I'm like a fire hose. I've learned through sad experience that it usually doesn't work and turns people off. They tune out people who do the throw up thing.

Now, before I share things I have learned, I try to determine how open they are to new things. Are they open to information which they are not currently clinging to? Many people think they have all the information and answers. It is a waste of time to have an exchange of information with these kind of people. They will tell you the way it is and not be interested in hearing what you have to say. If you do not think or believe like them, you are simply wrong. If I see that people will not think or believe anything that they don't already cling to, I don't waste my time on an exchange.
For sure.❗️

Once upon a time I proved something using the scientific method, only to be told I don’t believe in science, or that the outcome of experiments proves anything. The same person doesn’t believe that any sort of code such as Berisheet is biblical. You can’t argue with an idiot, because their idiocy trumps logic.

Valo
captain of 100

Post by Valo »

BeNotDeceived wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 9:51 pm
HereWeGo wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 9:13 pm My personality flaw has been that when I have learned new things, I want to share with everybody and when someone listens, I tend to throw up on them. I'm like a fire hose. I've learned through sad experience that it usually doesn't work and turns people off. They tune out people who do the throw up thing.

For sure.❗️

Once upon a time I proved something using the scientific method, only to be told I don’t believe in science, or that the outcome of experiments proves anything. The same person doesn’t believe that any sort of code such as Berisheet is biblical. You can’t argue with an idiot, because their idiocy trumps logic.
My father said that if you argue with an idiot you have two idiots arguing.

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

Valo wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 10:02 pm My father said that if you argue with an idiot you have two idiots arguing.
Fantastic quote.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 9:23 pm So, you got reprimanded by man? (Directed toward the OP)
Post #4

What a strange thing to say to a man who is repenting of his mistakes.

Your constant cynicism, accusatory tone, and subtle insinuations are tiresome, RW. I don't know if you do it on purpose or not, but the way you communicate drives the Spirit away, and reminds me of a character from the scriptures I am seeking to avoid.

So on to the foes list you go, my friend. If you would like to address me, you can PM me, and we can see if we can resolve this in a non-public space. If not, that's fine as well.

Good night, and God bless.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

endlessQuestions wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 10:45 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 9:23 pm So, you got reprimanded by man? (Directed toward the OP)
Post #4

What a strange thing to say to a man who is repenting of his mistakes.

Your constant cynicism, accusatory tone, and subtle insinuations are tiresome, RW. I don't know if you do it on purpose or not, but the way you communicate drives the Spirit away, and reminds me of a character from the scriptures I am seeking to avoid.

So on to the foes list you go, my friend. If you would like to address me, you can PM me, and we can see if we can resolve this in a non-public space. If not, that's fine as well.

Good night, and God bless.
It was an honest question. Did you get reprimanded by a church leader?

Foe away.

Is calling out the church leaders for their distortion in doctrine and capitulation and alignment with Babylon a bad thing? You’d just as soon condemn most of the ancient prophets as well. Maybe they were void of the Spirit too.

You are like many on the forum and tend to only see the “negative.” (Ie cynicism, etc.) I’ve been astounded the past little while at what people will do to justify the actions of the church. They have distorted doctrines, changed history, and flat out lied. And worse, what the’ve encouraged the members to do with their supposed authority is killing people.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

endlessQuestions wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 4:19 pm Do not utter words that cause division or hatred

Do not criticize or condemn things of which you are not sure (whistling quietly while backing away)

Always speak truthfully and constructively (I mean, 1 out of 2 ain't bad, right?)
I guess I’ll respond to this for other people since you’ve put me on your foe list.

1. Speak the truth, always. And guess what, it will cause division. In a world that calls good evil and evil good, what do you expect to happen? People are going to hate you for calling out their false idols.

2. We can speak critical of people, we are to judge men by their fruits. Sure, we don’t need to spread rumors or gossip, but we also need to expose corruption. This is all over in scripture. I mean, just read through the BoM and tell me how often the prophets condemn sin and wickedness… all the time!

3. Yes, speak the truth. You also have no control as to how others will accept it. They may get offended. They may even accuse you of being past feeling and not having the Spirt. (Hmmm… that sounds familiar)
Last edited by Reluctant Watchman on February 4th, 2023, 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

I personally have been to a fireside to hear a man who calls himself an apostle of the lord. He mocked the prophet Isaiah when a lady had a question about Isaiah 6:10. The gist of his comment was, where else in the scriptures does the lord talk like that? I want to raise my hand and say 2 Nephi 16:10.

The Holy Ghost told me no, I was there to observe.

I understand your frustration, I believe we have a few years to go before we see substantial change.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: New Children's Book

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Chip wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 2:50 pm We are living through an awakening. Overshooting the mark is completely within reason. For all you know, you may have severely undershot it.
Maybe there’s a frog named Slog who lives in a bog.

Finland is full of bogs.❗️

Where doth this story unfold. :?:

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

endlessQuestions wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 2:24 pm First and foremost, I post too much. I have a really bad habit of sucking all the air out of a room, and I'm guilty of that here, as well. I'm sorry for that. From now on, I am only going to post up to 5 comments per day
Declares five posts per day limit, then 2days later the India quake on the 5th of February. Confirms my plan to practice ultimate post rate duality once my post rate reaches two per day.

Slog one out of the park. 8-)