Any thoughts on this surveillance balloon?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Any thoughts on this surveillance balloon?

Post by TheDuke »

dreamtheater76 wrote: February 4th, 2023, 3:45 pm And just because the ballon was made in China doesn’t mean the Chinese are responsible. Maybe it’s The Russians AGAIN? My guess is Deep State until proven otherwise which won’t happen ever.
Chinese have taken credit and it has been tracked since they lifted it but we couldn't complain until it was over US. We aren't even talking about the one over Latin America.

Russia doesn't need balloons they have high res satellites. The only thing this could track that satellites couldn't might be local radio comm but since they own land in about every state, why put up a balloon that only has a life time of weeks. Cannot put a $B sensor on a balloon, makes no sense. It's a toss away. and to keep things lite, there is almost no power consumption, you don't see big solar panels on that thing do you? Their too heavy, as are batteries. We're talking floating at speed of wind. Cannot be too technically useful, but surely politically useful.

dreamtheater76
captain of 100

Post by dreamtheater76 »

TheDuke wrote: February 4th, 2023, 3:55 pm
dreamtheater76 wrote: February 4th, 2023, 3:45 pm And just because the ballon was made in China doesn’t mean the Chinese are responsible. Maybe it’s The Russians AGAIN? My guess is Deep State until proven otherwise which won’t happen ever.
Chinese have taken credit and it has been tracked since they lifted it but we couldn't complain until it was over US. We aren't even talking about the one over Latin America.

Russia doesn't need balloons they have high res satellites. The only thing this could track that satellites couldn't might be local radio comm but since they own land in about every state, why put up a balloon that only has a life time of weeks. Cannot put a $B sensor on a balloon, makes no sense. It's a toss away. and to keep things lite, there is almost no power consumption, you don't see big solar panels on that thing do you? Their too heavy, as are batteries. We're talking floating at speed of wind. Cannot be too technically useful, but surely politically useful.
Yes Xi Xin Ping is definitely behind it. LOL!

https://www.unique-baby-gear-ideas.com/ ... nlmD66.jpg

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

So, Xi flies planes over and around South Korea, builds mounds of sand (islands), call them Chinese and then sends is ships into the newly minted Chinese waters to chase away Aussie and Japanese fishers. He attacks Indians in the mountains, etc... Always he is pushing the edge to see what the reaction is. when we are weak, he knows he can push harder.

Have you seen the comments by Gordon Chang? they discuss how provocative Xi is and why his is doing it. Not saying he's right but he makes sense of something that seems senseless in its own.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Well we shot it down after it left American soil? As I postulated the fighter got above 50,000, they say 58,000', which means they wanted to get very close as you know the F-22 has O2 issues, even at low altitude and no pressure suits like the old U2 and SR-71, which risks pilots if they stay long above 50,000'.

Wonder if we will recover the instruments to find out what it had on board?

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Canada now says that the balloon intercepted radio transmissions from one of its air force bases while over British Columbia and Alberta.

Whatever you think of this, there is no way to put a positive angle on it. It's overflown two NATO countries, and another is violating the airspace of other nations in the Americas.

Turns out the plan of getting every western goods item made in China didn't make them democratic or friendly in the end.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

this video explains some things.
listen at 4 min. 40 sec.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Dr. Jill Biden had something to say about it...
Screenshot_20230204_152625_Brave~2.jpg
Screenshot_20230204_152625_Brave~2.jpg (593.67 KiB) Viewed 470 times

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

so thoughtful, let Hunter get paid for long surveillance time then shoot it down, once it can no longer collect information. very thoughtful.

Seems like a good approach, maybe we should have given a couple of days for the folks to clear out of the capital before shooting them (ashli babbit) and putting the rest in solitary? That would also seem thoughtful.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

They did “report” in the narrative that the 2nd balloon in “Latin America” was reported over Venezuela & Columbia but nothing else.

Chinese presence in Strait of Magellan & Panama are most concerning to US military.

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

Nothing like using a sledgehammer to bring down an eggshell…

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

It's Chinese Door dash. I ordered some Lo Mein and egg rolls. Should be air dropped next week.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Aim 9 is the smallest missile we have. I don't think F22 has any guns or anything.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

I didn’t know this happened last year in Hawaii & Guam…

“U.S. officials confirmed that previous balloon incidents involving China occurred near Hawaii and Guam last year…
In February 2022, a balloon appeared to be stationary in international waters northwest of Kauai, Hawaii, the officials said. The Hawaii incident came shortly after a similar incident…”

Were they checking out Panama Canal?…

“A second suspected Chinese surveillance balloon was spotted Friday night over Colombia and Venezuela, the Pentagon confirmed, without providing further details on the balloon, after outlets in Costa Rica reported seeing what appeared to be a hot air balloon over the Central American country on Thursday…”

They like to do these experiments or whatever in pairs… why?
Where did this 2nd balloon start & where/how will it end?

I guess it takes more balls to do this…
“On Feb. 4, officials told reporters that a third Chinese surveillance balloon was operating somewhere else in the world, and that the balloons are part of a Chinese military surveillance program.”

Might these be researching Nuclear &/or EMP attack? 60,000 feet is about 11 miles. At least 18.6 miles high is said to be needed for an EMP. So maybe surveillance was/is being done above and below.

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

"China Expresses Protest Over US Downing Balloon
4 hours ago
A Chinese high-altitude balloon has been floating over the United States. It first became public knowledge after it was spotted over the skies of Montana. Bloomberg reported earlier on Saturday that the balloon was first spotted by US officials on January 28 off the coast of Alaska.
The Chinese Foreign Ministry expressed protest after the United States Military shot down a Chinese balloon off the coast of South Carolina on Saturday.
"China expresses strong protest over the use of force and the US attack on the civilian unmanned airship," a foreign ministry spokesperson said in a Sunday (Beijing time) statement.

The spokesperson added that China will defend the rights of the company that owned the craft and was reserving its right to take further retaliatory actions.
The foreign ministry spokesperson also stated that the United State's reaction was "excessive and seriously violates international practice."
The United States claims that the unmanned balloon was a spy aircraft. China insists that the airship was a civilian craft engaged in scientific research that was blown off course by high winds.
The balloon was first spotted near Alaska before traveling over Canada and eventually the lower 48 of the United States. The United States delayed shooting down the craft for several days, saying it was too dangerous to do over land. Once the balloon floated off the coast, President Biden ordered it shot down.
After its destruction, officials gathered the debris for study. A Pentagon spokesperson told reporters that they had no doubt that the craft was used for surveillance. The spokesman also gave details about the operation, saying the United States used F-22 fighter jets and downed the balloon using an AIM-9X Sidewinder air-to-air missile.
US officials also admitted Saturday that similar balloons flew over the United States at least three times during the Trump administration and once earlier in the Biden administration. It is not clear what required this balloon's destruction. Unlike previous balloons, this one was known to the public and stayed over the United States for several days. US officials said the previous incidents lasted a shorter period of time.
Tensions between China and the United States have been intensifying over the past year. In December, a US reconnaissance plane, colloquially known as a spy plane, was intercepted by a Chinese fighter jet over the South China Sea.
"
https://sputniknews.com/20230205/china- ... 83020.html
:arrow:

anonymous91
captain of 100

Post by anonymous91 »

TheDuke wrote: February 4th, 2023, 10:10 am Just read it is only 60,000' high. That isn't much above what a modern fighter will get to. Should have been easy to shoot down with a smaller missile, likely not guns. I think F15 will get close to 55,000, maybe higher lightly loaded. but the USAF will not allow it due to stupid FAA regulations about pressure suits and such. In the old days, when I was flying, rumor was the F15 guys would fly with one of two above 50,000 and the other below, the upper w/o transponder, half way they'd swap. This allowed for longer range flights when carrying your golf clubs to a summer resort (sounds funny but fighter pilots do like to play golf).

I cannot figure out some folks here like FoxMama, Sush and peasant that want to deny what 1000's of people can see with their own eyes or at least quality binocs or cheap telescope. I guess there is no requirement for common sense on Internet. You may wish to call the DoD liars, Prez a liar (why he would announce this and lie is really silly), but lets not get so carried away with FAA, and civilian folks that are here to protect the air space. I know quite a few of them and they take their jobs seriously, they are not the heart of a conspiracy and they are the ones tracking this for civilian airplane safety.

Back in the day, I had an acquaintance that was an aircraft mechanic in the Air Force. The one jet he was absolutely fascinated with was the SR-71 Blackbird. From what I understand the ceiling for this plane is still classified. I also find this plane absolutely fascinating. It was sad to hear that they've now retired these planes. :(

This is what a Google search shows "The estimated maximum altitude is 85,000 feet but some sources say that the SR-71 can fly up to 100,000 feet and can probably go even higher."

A few interesting facts about the SR-71 Blackbird:

1- It could outmaneuver missiles, and was never taken out by any either.
2- Cruise speed was Mach 3.2
3- Could easily maintain a height of 80-85K+ feet.
4- The body of the plane would expand during flight, then as it cools down it morphs back to its original shape. I've been told it's very fascinating to see in real life.

Here's a video about the SR-71 Blackbird for anyone wanting to learn a bit more.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Thinker wrote: February 4th, 2023, 9:09 pm I didn’t know this happened last year in Hawaii & Guam…

“U.S. officials confirmed that previous balloon incidents involving China occurred near Hawaii and Guam last year…
In February 2022, a balloon appeared to be stationary in international waters northwest of Kauai, Hawaii, the officials said. The Hawaii incident came shortly after a similar incident…”

Were they checking out Panama Canal?…

“A second suspected Chinese surveillance balloon was spotted Friday night over Colombia and Venezuela, the Pentagon confirmed, without providing further details on the balloon, after outlets in Costa Rica reported seeing what appeared to be a hot air balloon over the Central American country on Thursday…”

They like to do these experiments or whatever in pairs… why?
Where did this 2nd balloon start & where/how will it end?

I guess it takes more balls to do this…
“On Feb. 4, officials told reporters that a third Chinese surveillance balloon was operating somewhere else in the world, and that the balloons are part of a Chinese military surveillance program.”

Might these be researching Nuclear &/or EMP attack? 60,000 feet is about 11 miles. At least 18.6 miles high is said to be needed for an EMP. So maybe surveillance was/is being done above and below.
Guam and Hawaii might be forgivable, but right over the continental USA?

I think you're right about Panama, although they must have ships going through there all the time.

What gets me is that this thing was spotted on Wednesday over US territory and they waited until Saturday to shoot it down. If it was over the Alaskan bush there is a low population there, and they could have taken it down round there.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Chinese Government is just one snake of Medusa head.

Banksters the actual head.

The U.S. Government just another snake.

Russian Government another.

Ukraine another.

And so on.

Wake up.

Don't be fooled.

Sir H

OldGlory
captain of 50

Post by OldGlory »

It’s all theater and the world leaders are ALL actors.

I am curious where people on this forum stand when it comes to space, nasa, moon landing, our “plane”t, map of the un, the who, etc?

dreamtheater76
captain of 100

Post by dreamtheater76 »

Interesting article from Zero Hedge worth looking at.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... ve-reading

tdj
captain of 1,000

Post by tdj »

Simple; The chinese were spying, and Biden agreed to let them get their info all gathered before shooting it down. How convenient that he decided to wait until it had no more intel to gather? He and Hunter have been in cahoots with them for quite some time. There's an old saying about not biting the hand that feeds you.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

OldGlory wrote: February 5th, 2023, 8:22 am It’s all theater and the world leaders are ALL actors.

I am curious where people on this forum stand when it comes to space, nasa, moon landing, our “plane”t, map of the un, the who, etc?
I think the majority here have a generally traditional belief of the earth's shape, there's a few flat-earthers, there's some open-minded to an idea that the truth may be the world isn't as it's presented to us but aren't necessarily flat earth believers, I would say many here disbelieve NASA's accepted perception and doubt the moon landing
Last edited by BuriedTartaria on February 5th, 2023, 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

OldGlory wrote: February 5th, 2023, 8:22 am It’s all theater and the world leaders are ALL actors.

See the NUMEROUS threads on these matters. Especially the WHO in the last few years.

Link:
search.php

Niyr
captain of 100

Post by Niyr »

gkearney wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 2:13 pm This seems like an inefficient way for a country with space launching capabilities to conduct intelligence gathering. Why not just use satellites like everyone else does? They don't need a balloon to know how upper atmosphere winds are blowing the University of Wyoming will give you that information on the internet. http://weather.uwyo.edu/upperair/uamap.shtml
Good weapons deployment vehicle, such as for EMP.