My new Youtube Channel- Latter-day Dude

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
edgoble123
captain of 100

My new Youtube Channel- Latter-day Dude

Post by edgoble123 »

https://www.youtube.com/@latterdaydude
This is my new youtube channel for those that are truly interested. It would be very appreciated if those of you truly interested in the material would subscribe. Those of you who are my enemies here, well, you can do as you please, but if you choose not to be friendly with me or troll me, there will be no response.

I am also to be a regular co-host from now on with lots of cross-overs with The Last Dispensation youtube channel. You will be able to see now on that channel that I have been interviewed multiple times now, and there is interest for all kinds of cooperation, although on my own channel I will have quite a bit of content that will not cross over.

For those interested, this is my facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/237172870738407

This is my academia.edu site for those interested in my papers: http://independent.academia.edu/EdwinGoble/

I have decided to come back here for a few purposes, but not likely for the purpose of being a regular poster in conversations here again with people that disagree with me. I will be mostly perhaps to people of my era that were truly my friends. I do not plan to respond to many who are not from my era on here, who are not friendly to me, after the meltdown the last time I tried to be here. For those who were offended last time, I apologize, but I have to draw a line in participation to a degree after the last time I tried to come back and what happened. There is a definite difference between ideology now between me and many of the new generation on this forum. There has been a hard anti-"Brethrenite" shift here. It's too bad that that had to turn into a battle the last few times. It doesn't have to be that way, and I would ask that you simply live and let live.

Unfortunately, I have found no online home like LDSFF, even on my own facebook group, which never prospered much. This still has to be a place that I feel like I have to have a presence at, if only for notifications on my youtube videos now for those truly interested. I have no intent to respond to trolling when people who disagree with me on areas like the Brethren and on young earth/old earth here. I have made a decision to just simply not respond to you at all. If you have issues with my beliefs on things like that, you might as well not even talk to me, because it wiil be the hand in response.

Maybe it is best to be here for the sake of having a presence here so people can contact me if necessary who I have something to do with here already from the good old days, if they are still here. This forum has definitely changed in tone, but I think I have a few friends left here. But again, I'm posting with my real name, because trying to have a different persona here never worked. There is no TBM forum here of any kind, so TBMs like me have little choice but to be here or not be here, and put up with what else is here, but I don't have to even choose to respond anymore to people that don't know how to live and let live. If you don't intend to be friendly with me, you might as well not respond.

Ed Goble

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: My new Youtube Channel- Latter-day Dude

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

What is your view of the Brethren, just so we can understand your perspective? I don’t care to debate the point, just to know where you stand. It really gets to the heart of a lot of things and helps me know where I should or shouldn’t spend my time.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Interesting that you are “former heartland” theorist and FAIR contributor.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

The URL worked.❗️

Dude done taught me something new. :lol:

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Wow, you're back. Didn't you write a book or something that was stolen from you?

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

It's kinda the mainstream LDS view

Believing the prevailing scientific opinions on the origin of man....but inserting God behind it

It's what a lot of my family and friends believe

I don't tho

I'm a MudMan....a dirty dusty mudman

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

I'm glad to see you back. I never looked at you as an enemy, I think you are very smart and have a lot to offer. I do tend to attack ideas, sometimes not because I disagree, but it is kind of a Socratic exercise to see how the idea (good or bad imho) holds up.

Perhaps you share the same tendency as me as perhaps you consider yourself too much a teacher and not enough as a student. We shall see.

At any rate, a heartfelt welcome back.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 31st, 2023, 6:10 am What is your view of the Brethren
I suppose his identification as a TBM would answer that. I think we would do well with a few more TBM's around here, just to prevent an echo chamber.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

edgoble123 wrote: January 31st, 2023, 5:25 am I have made a decision to just simply not respond to you at all. If you have issues with my beliefs on things like that, you might as well not even talk to me, because it wiil be the hand in response.
Ed, don't give up on people. Sure, some don't care to learn or simply want to argue, but there are those you benefit from a healthy back and forth dialogue. I understand your time is short and not responding may be a needed break, but investing in people is always the best investment and you just might win somebody over.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Shawn Henry wrote: January 31st, 2023, 10:58 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 31st, 2023, 6:10 am What is your view of the Brethren
I suppose his identification as a TBM would answer that. I think we would do well with a few more TBM's around here, just to prevent an echo chamber.
Ah, that little gem was nestled toward the bottom. That answers my question.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

I just finished the Western Esoteric one. Boy, that Ed is a handsome dude! Right guys!?!

Of course, we all agree that Jesus is the master craftsman, but I can't get behind the idea that he is the Grand Master of Masonry. When it comes to masonry, I employ the adage "by their fruits you shall know them" and I see nothing but corrupt fruit all throughout masonry. The BoM plainly speaks against secret signs and handshakes and Jesus says he doesn't work in secrecy.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Shawn Henry wrote: January 31st, 2023, 11:38 am I just finished the Western Esoteric one. Boy, that Ed is a handsome dude! Right guys!?!

Of course, we all agree that Jesus is the master craftsman, but I can't get behind the idea that he is the Grand Master of Masonry. When it comes to masonry, I employ the adage "by their fruits you shall know them" and I see nothing but corrupt fruit all throughout masonry. The BoM plainly speaks against secret signs and handshakes and Jesus says he doesn't work in secrecy.
But what you see of masons today is not what it was during George Washington's time. The old Masons had more fruit than any of us.....so.....

Masonry was co-opted.

https://founders.archives.gov/documents ... 02-02-0435

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

nightlight wrote: January 31st, 2023, 12:14 pm
Shawn Henry wrote: January 31st, 2023, 11:38 am I just finished the Western Esoteric one. Boy, that Ed is a handsome dude! Right guys!?!

But what you see of masons today is not what it was during George Washington's time. The old Masons had more fruit than any of us.....so.....

Masonry was co-opted.

Yes, but I think that was the fruits of the men themselves. They were naturally good men. I don't think masonry can take credit for their natural goodness. Masonry itself has a long history of secret knowledge that is only accessible to those at the top, which places it in the "secret works" camp. God places everything he has out in the open in scripture for all to read. Even the mysteries within scripture are open to all those who feast upon the word.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

I don’t know you very well Ed but I have to say the OP comes off very childish. Just loads of whinging. Complaining about “enemies”. I, like you, have major disagreements with people on this forum (although for very different reasons), but I don’t think it’s anything to complain about, and I certainly don’t believe I have enemies here.

This forum most of the time is filled with healthy discussion.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Shawn Henry wrote: January 31st, 2023, 1:14 pm

Masonry was co-opted.

Yes, but I think that was the fruits of the men themselves. They were naturally good men. I don't think masonry can take credit for their natural goodness. Masonry itself has a long history of secret knowledge that is only accessible to those at the top, which places it in the "secret works" camp. God places everything he has out in the open in scripture for all to read. Even the mysteries within scripture are open to all those who feast upon the word.
But my point is that if it was a secret combination,and Washington and company were full-fledged members..........they wouldn't have done what they did

All roads lead me to conclude that Freemasonry is not inherently bad, and it's secret nature is due to the twin tyrants of King and Church during those times.

edgoble123
captain of 100

Post by edgoble123 »

marc wrote: January 31st, 2023, 8:29 am Wow, you're back. Didn't you write a book or something that was stolen from you?
Nothing was stolen from me in that way. Just a book that I authored a good portion of, signed the rights over to the co-author to be done with it, after a falling out with that co-author. And then after I signed the rights over, he refused to give any of the profits. I guess that is natural.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

edgoble123 wrote: January 31st, 2023, 5:25 am https://www.youtube.com/@latterdaydude
This is my new youtube channel for those that are truly interested. It would be very appreciated if those of you truly interested in the material would subscribe...
Subscribed. Thanks! And welcome back, again.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Looks like you have competition :

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Niemand wrote: January 31st, 2023, 3:42 pm Looks like you have competition :
The church of the latter-day dude 😂😂😂😂

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

nightlight wrote: January 31st, 2023, 1:34 pm
Shawn Henry wrote: January 31st, 2023, 1:14 pm

Masonry was co-opted.

But my point is that if it was a secret combination,and Washington and company were full-fledged members..........they wouldn't have done what they did

All roads lead me to conclude that Freemasonry is not inherently bad, and it's secret nature is due to the twin tyrants of King and Church during those times.
They may have thought they were full-fledged members, and we may think that, but moral individuals are never brought into the upper inner circles. Only those at the top who have performed all the satanic sacrificial rituals are told the deeper hidden knowledge. There have been far too many eyewitnesses who have testified of this.

I respect that you think it is not corrupt at its core, but I fully do. Any secret knowledge that is generationally passed down is a secret combination and just like the BoM says their works are had among all men.

edgoble123
captain of 100

Post by edgoble123 »

Cruiserdude wrote: January 31st, 2023, 3:54 pm
Niemand wrote: January 31st, 2023, 3:42 pm Looks like you have competition :
The church of the latter-day dude 😂😂😂😂
Hillarious

edgoble123
captain of 100

Post by edgoble123 »

creator wrote: January 31st, 2023, 2:12 pm
edgoble123 wrote: January 31st, 2023, 5:25 am https://www.youtube.com/@latterdaydude
This is my new youtube channel for those that are truly interested. It would be very appreciated if those of you truly interested in the material would subscribe...
Subscribed. Thanks! And welcome back, again.
Thanks Brian! Good to talk to you again.

edgoble123
captain of 100

Post by edgoble123 »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 31st, 2023, 6:10 am What is your view of the Brethren, just so we can understand your perspective? I don’t care to debate the point, just to know where you stand. It really gets to the heart of a lot of things and helps me know where I should or shouldn’t spend my time.
Most know that I not only do not speak evil of them. I zealously defend them. So, with most people on here who do speak evil of them as a natural, daily occurrence as I have seen, I might as well not even speak to them about it, or almost about anything for that matter. I have no patience for it, and there is never an excuse for it no matter what anyone says. People know what is required of them in their temple covenants.

edgoble123
captain of 100

Post by edgoble123 »

Shawn Henry wrote: January 31st, 2023, 11:07 am
edgoble123 wrote: January 31st, 2023, 5:25 am I have made a decision to just simply not respond to you at all. If you have issues with my beliefs on things like that, you might as well not even talk to me, because it wiil be the hand in response.
Ed, don't give up on people. Sure, some don't care to learn or simply want to argue, but there are those you benefit from a healthy back and forth dialogue. I understand your time is short and not responding may be a needed break, but investing in people is always the best investment and you just might win somebody over.
I won a few over when I was here the last several times, years ago, and in other forums, but at an extremely high cost to my mental well being. So I don't think I will be responding much. Like for example, this Luke character on here that came off insulting me the very first thing. He is on my foes list already. Why should I take even a millisecond of my time responding to that?

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

edgoble123 wrote: February 4th, 2023, 3:34 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 31st, 2023, 6:10 am What is your view of the Brethren, just so we can understand your perspective? I don’t care to debate the point, just to know where you stand. It really gets to the heart of a lot of things and helps me know where I should or shouldn’t spend my time.
Most know that I not only do not speak evil of them. I zealously defend them. So, with most people on here who do speak evil of them as a natural, daily occurrence as I have seen, I might as well not even speak to them about it, or almost about anything for that matter. I have no patience for it, and there is never an excuse for it no matter what anyone says. People know what is required of them in their temple covenants.
Zealous is a good term for that type of behavior. Thanks for the response btw. I find your definition of “speak evil” to be interesting… but alas it wouldn’t profit us much to discuss it since you’ve made your intentions clear.

Just a thought, if it is never the place to “speak ill” of prophets, then why to the scriptures (ancient prophets) condemn latter-day servants and prophets repeatedly for their sinful practices and behavior?
Last edited by Reluctant Watchman on February 4th, 2023, 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.