What will the church do to those members who are becoming less enthusiastic about the "follow the prophet" mantra?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Pahoran
captain of 100

What will the church do to those members who are becoming less enthusiastic about the "follow the prophet" mantra?

Post by Pahoran »

I think many feel that things are starting to rise to a climax and that something dramatic may happen soon. What is your guess as to what the future holds? Whoever gets this right, get's the honorary "prophet" with a lowercase "p" title!

So, we all know that the number 1 priority of any organization is survival and growth. And, when an organization is feeling threatened, it is capable of doing some pretty ugly stuff (i.e. false flags, lies, slander, etc.) . Seems likely that the church is working up its narrative right now on how it will cast itself as the moral authority in the face of some members questioning its actions as of late. Or, maybe people are being too pessimistic and perhaps the way the church responds to all this will be totally upright and above the table, with love and kindness and understanding. I am open to all opinions.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Re: What will the church do to those members who are becoming less enthusiastic about the "follow the prophet" mantra?

Post by Silver Pie »

Well,, they've been kicking them out (or suggesting they resign) for a while. I suspect that will continue.

Hiker
captain of 100

Re: What will the church do to those members who are becoming less enthusiastic about the "follow the prophet" mantra?

Post by Hiker »

I cannot sustain the Q 15. First time I've felt this in my life and it all had to do with the COVID nonsense. I'm so glad I did not follow the prophet.

So, I would be one of those that are not so enthused about the church at the moment.
Last edited by Hiker on January 30th, 2023, 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

The organization owns the temples, the churches, the welfare farms, seminary buildings, education campuses, and most of the artifacts and more importantly, the copy rights.

Where would you go? What would you do when you got there?

Pahoran
captain of 100

Post by Pahoran »

Silver Pie wrote: January 30th, 2023, 8:37 pm Well,, they've been kicking them out (or suggesting they resign) for a while. I suspect that will continue.
Right - but I am also thinking would they want a slow drip to occur or would they rather just do a big purge? You don't have to answer but just throwing it out there.

Pahoran
captain of 100

Post by Pahoran »

tribrac wrote: January 30th, 2023, 9:02 pm The organization owns the temples, the churches, the welfare farms, seminary buildings, education campuses, and most of the artifacts and more importantly, the copy rights.

I wasn't planning on leaving so I couldn't answer that one (and don't ask me to explain why I am not leaving because I am sure that topic has been spoken about ad nauseum on this forum). But that's a good point for those thinking of doing that and wanting to start something else.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

tribrac wrote: January 30th, 2023, 9:02 pm The organization owns the temples, the churches, the welfare farms, seminary buildings, education campuses, and most of the artifacts and more importantly, the copy rights.

And we don't need any of it.

Render unto Nelson...

They are the servants.

We are the prize.

They need us.

Not the other way around.

Never forget that.

Sir H

Light Seeker
captain of 100

Post by Light Seeker »

HVDC wrote: January 30th, 2023, 9:21 pm

Render unto Nelson...

They are the servants.

We are the prize.

They need us.

Never forget that.

Sir H
Sage words .

cwass
captain of 100

Post by cwass »

The waters of Mormon were beautiful to those that were unable to worship due to being sub par humans. I feel the heat being turned up on me and my intention would be to take that ride until the logical end while remaining an active participant in church. I'm in a conservative area but even here it seems the stake presidency is under pressure to close ranks..

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

They know they've lost them. They'll move on and frame them as a warning to encourage True Blues to blindly follow and feel like they're letting the savior down if they don't walk lock step with the 15 prophets, seers and revelators.

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Post by Atrasado »

The Spirit whispers that it doesn't matter what the 15 do. Their time has passed and their fate in mortality is sealed and their works will be destroyed. They will soon be given some time and encouragement to think upon their ways.

The Lord will show them out the door and set his house in order by the prophet who still holds the keys of this dispensation. Then those that now mourn for Zion and Israel will learn doctrine and will rejoice. Then shall His work commence in gathering Israel.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Some visuals...
Attachments
1675143614631.jpg
1675143614631.jpg (355.41 KiB) Viewed 1121 times
1675143705199.jpg
1675143705199.jpg (339.07 KiB) Viewed 1121 times
1675143714266.jpg
1675143714266.jpg (838.7 KiB) Viewed 1121 times
Last edited by Chip on January 30th, 2023, 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bbrown
captain of 100

Post by bbrown »

You ask the Lord , you do what he tells you. There isn’t one answer. Some
Leave, some stay, some move to a better part, some are carried off for His purposes They cast me out years ago. I was told to watch and wait on His timing. He can and will do His own work. When it is time he will let me know. Until then we do what we can and what we can’t we don’t.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

More visuals...

These were generated by DALL-E through text prompts, such as, "Quorum of the Twelve, pharmaceutical deception, covenant with death and hell", et cetera.
Attachments
1675143567191.jpg
1675143567191.jpg (341.67 KiB) Viewed 1112 times
1675143587663.jpg
1675143587663.jpg (368.99 KiB) Viewed 1112 times
1675143601052.jpg
1675143601052.jpg (316.08 KiB) Viewed 1112 times

Ebenezer
captain of 100

Post by Ebenezer »

I could see Oaks pushing liberty-minded people out of the church if he becomes the president.

And I the think FTP dogma will just get more and more aggressive. Hamilton's BYU devotional (there's another thread on that) comes very close to just declaring outright that the Q15 are not servants of the Lord, but are the Lord. Those who disagree with anything the church does are really just disagreeing with Jesus and need to repent or leave.

What a time to be alive.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Ebenezer wrote: January 30th, 2023, 11:06 pm I could see Oaks pushing liberty-minded people out of the church if he becomes the president.

And I the think FTP dogma will just get more and more aggressive. Hamilton's BYU devotional (there's another thread on that) comes very close to just declaring outright that the Q15 are not servants of the Lord, but are the Lord. Those who disagree with anything the church does are really just disagreeing with Jesus and need to repent or leave.

What a time to be alive.

Exactly. They are getting crazier as time goes by. They are moving in one direction.

2 Nephi 28:5

5 And they deny the power of God, the Holy One of Israel; and they say unto the people: Hearken unto us, and hear ye our precept; for behold there is no God today, for the Lord and the Redeemer hath done his work, and he hath given his power unto men;

Rumpelstiltskin
captain of 1,000

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Something to remember is that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is not the LDS Church. While that is the official mantra and tradition, that is a false narrative and false tradition. The Gospel is separate and stands alone from the Church as does the Holy Ghost, Jesus Christ, and the Father. Pres Nelson has proven that he is not a prophet because of the COVID jab debacle. The same goes for the other alleged "prophets, seers, and revelators." Pres Nelson is only the president of the corporation that is the LDS Church. Since he has proven that he is not a prophet, he does not speak for Christ.

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. Mat 18:20

That's where you go.

BenMcCrea
captain of 100

Post by BenMcCrea »

Rumpelstiltskin wrote: January 31st, 2023, 2:36 am

Something to remember is that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is not the LDS Church. While that is the official mantra and tradition, that is a false narrative and false tradition. The Gospel is separate and stands alone from the Church as does the Holy Ghost, Jesus Christ, and the Father. Pres Nelson has proven that he is not a prophet because of the COVID jab debacle. The same goes for the other alleged "prophets, seers, and revelators." Pres Nelson is only the president of the corporation that is the LDS Church. Since he has proven that he is not a prophet, he does not speak for Christ.

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. Mat 18:20

That's where you go.
You are teaching the exact opposite of what the scriptures teach. The Gift of the Holy Ghost is given to baptised converts by the authority of the Melchizedek Priesthood. - by the laying on of hands.

7 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.
18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles’ hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,
{Acts 8:17-18)

The Church is the legal administrator of the gospel and its ordinances. You can’t separate them.

You’re teaching another gospel - not the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.

cab
captain of 1,000
Location: ♫ I am a Mormon! ♫ And... dang it... a Mormon just believes! ♫

Post by cab »

HVDC wrote: January 30th, 2023, 9:21 pm

Render unto Nelson...

They are the servants.

We are the prize.

They need us.

Never forget that.

Sir H
We are to be servants if we follow Him. Let us emulate Him, for to be like Him is to love those who despitfully would use us, or cast us out, or smite us on our cheek, or even seek to kill us. Let us turn our other cheek and love and support even as they look to throw us into a pit of fire…
He can love such people.
Let us seek to do the same.

cab
captain of 1,000
Location: ♫ I am a Mormon! ♫ And... dang it... a Mormon just believes! ♫

Post by cab »

Hiker wrote: January 30th, 2023, 8:52 pm I cannot sustain the Q 15. First time I've felt this in my life and it all had to do with the COVID nonsense. I'm so glad I did not follow the prophet.

So, I would be one of those that are not so enthused about the church at the moment.

And now, with your eyes slightly open, begin to ask the hard questions and learn to surrender completely to His love as the difficult answers come. And then cast your net of charity out so that those who have wronged us might open their eyes and feel of His love too.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Since most members are inactive/semi-active they will be able to do very little. Most of those groups won't be obsessive followers.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

mantra?

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Pahoran wrote: January 30th, 2023, 8:27 pm I think many feel that things are starting to rise to a climax and that something dramatic may happen soon. What is your guess as to what the future holds? Whoever gets this right, get's the honorary "prophet" with a lowercase "p" title!
Something dramatic did happen.❗️
Luke wrote: January 29th, 2023, 5:23 pm
BeNotDeceived wrote: January 29th, 2023, 12:54 pm C = 3 month
R = 18 day
I = 9 minute
S = 19 hour
T = 20 year

That is when an earthquake

landed Moroni’s Instrument as

seen from the opposite side of the planet.

A day and time can thus be seen to represent his name. ❗️
No “H” though.
Click the little arrow above to be put on the path of discovery.❗️

Seer, but not prophet. :mrgreen:

. . . * . . . . . . . . **

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

This isn’t our first rodeo. So much we can learn from the BoM:

8 I behold that ye are lowly in heart; and if so, blessed are ye.
9 Behold thy brother hath said, What shall we do?—for we are cast out of our synagogues, that we cannot worship our God.
10 Behold I say unto you, do ye suppose that ye cannot worship God save it be in your synagogues only?
11 And moreover, I would ask, do ye suppose that ye must not worship God only once in a week?

12 I say unto you, it is well that ye are cast out of your synagogues, that ye may be humble, and that ye may learn wisdom; for it is necessary that ye should learn wisdom; for it is because that ye are cast out, that ye are despised of your brethren because of your exceeding poverty, that ye are brought to a lowliness of heart; for ye are necessarily brought to be humble.

We can worship God be it a single soul, or a collective of families.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Pahoran wrote: January 30th, 2023, 9:07 pm

I wasn't planning on leaving so I couldn't answer that one (and don't ask me to explain why I am not leaving because I am sure that topic has been spoken about ad nauseum on this forum). But that's a good point for those thinking of doing that and wanting to start something else.
And there are many good answers to those questions btw… the church has become an idol unto men.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

BenMcCrea wrote: January 31st, 2023, 2:51 am
Rumpelstiltskin wrote: January 31st, 2023, 2:36 am

That's where you go.
You are teaching the exact opposite of what the scriptures teach. The Gift of the Holy Ghost is given to baptised converts by the authority of the Melchizedek Priesthood. - by the laying on of hands.

7 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.
18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles’ hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,
{Acts 8:17-18)

The Church is the legal administrator of the gospel and its ordinances. You can’t separate them.

You’re teaching another gospel - not the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
You are worshipping your idol. Keys and authority have become idols in the church. To suggest that “The Church” could never preaching anything contrary to God, while being guided by mortal men, is worshipping a lesser god. Alma is a wonderful example. He was led away from the corrupt organization and was given authority by the Lord.

I think we have learned so little from the story of Jospeh Smith as well and how the Lord will call any and all who wish to follow His gospel.