If you think egg prices are high now...

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

If you think egg prices are high now...

Post by Original_Intent »

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/m ... s-supplier

Weird all these fires that hit industries having shortages....
Dozens of food processing plants were destroyed and/or damaged last year by "accidental fires." After several months of a lull in mysterious fires rippling through the food industry, the first major one of the new year was reported by NBC Connecticut on Saturday.
Some have speculated 'food processing plants don't just "accidentally"' catch on fire at the rate seen last year. Others are asking: Is the US food supply chain under attack?
But, you know, ZeroHedge is a Russia front organization and they are probably just spreading the propaganda, :|

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: If you think egg prices are high now...

Post by Chip »

There was an article on The Gateway Pundit the other day talking about how Tractor Supply customers are finding that the chicken feed they are buying from them is causing their hens to lay no eggs, at all. Interesting WEF affiliations among Tractor Supply board members.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/0 ... y-epstein/

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

Zerohedge? My heavens! That might as well be called the Daily Putin! I only watch trusted sources, like Fauci and Friends on CNN.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Well, frankly chicken has been a stable for me for years. and as much as I like one conspiracy as much as another, I am paying the exact same price for chicken now as for the past 4 years. Eggs are pretty close here but I usually looked for sales in the past, so I'm not sure about the retail prices. Same for rotisierie chicken (but Safeway's seems a bit smaller in weight.

other foods seem to be higher but I don't see it here, at least in the PNW.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Egg prices in the Rockies have gone from $3-4/dozen to $8-10/dozen in the past year or so.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 29th, 2023, 5:52 pm Egg prices in the Rockies have gone from $3-4/dozen to $8-10/dozen in the past year or so.
I saw a post today for a dozen grade A eggs for $6.66 and they captioned it "Yes! Deviled eggs!" :D

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

I asked my wife, a dozen eggs were around around $1-2 per dozen two years ago.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

egg prices

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Original_Intent wrote: January 29th, 2023, 5:55 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 29th, 2023, 5:52 pm Egg prices in the Rockies have gone from $3-4/dozen to $8-10/dozen in the past year or so.
I saw a post today for a dozen grade A eggs for $6.66 and they captioned it "Yes! Deviled eggs!" :D
Homy don’t play that game.❗️
Last edited by BeNotDeceived on January 29th, 2023, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Big egg problems over here too by the way folks. Wish I just had a few chooks of my own.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

TheDuke wrote: January 29th, 2023, 4:58 pm Well, frankly chicken has been a stable for me for years. and as much as I like one conspiracy as much as another, I am paying the exact same price for chicken now as for the past 4 years. Eggs are pretty close here but I usually looked for sales in the past, so I'm not sure about the retail prices. Same for rotisierie chicken (but Safeway's seems a bit smaller in weight.

I get the impression that you are pretty well off - good for you - but I have also noticed those well off notice changes in food prices a lot less.

LostCreekAcres
captain of 100

Post by LostCreekAcres »

A couple of weeks ago, ashamed to admit, I paid about $25 for 5 dozen eggs at Winco. Yesterday, I paid $17 for those same eggs.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Original_Intent wrote: January 29th, 2023, 6:10 pm
TheDuke wrote: January 29th, 2023, 4:58 pm Well, frankly chicken has been a stable for me for years. and as much as I like one conspiracy as much as another, I am paying the exact same price for chicken now as for the past 4 years. Eggs are pretty close here but I usually looked for sales in the past, so I'm not sure about the retail prices. Same for rotisierie chicken (but Safeway's seems a bit smaller in weight.

I get the impression that you are pretty well off - good for you - but I have also noticed those well off notice changes in food prices a lot less.
Perhaps but I did say food prices in general are up and that is true. I just said here it hasn’t so much been chickens stuff. Nor avacados. Everything else seems much mylike 40%ish

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

TheDuke wrote: January 29th, 2023, 6:38 pm
Original_Intent wrote: January 29th, 2023, 6:10 pm

Perhaps but I did say food prices in general are up and that is true. I just said here it hasn’t so much been chickens stuff. Nor avacados. Everything else seems much mylike 40%ish
Sorry, my bad.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Because I’ve moved to a more rural area, I need to do most of my grocery shopping at Walmart. What I have noticed is that the basic Walmart-branded items that were always a good price, and the price was the same week to week, have doubled in price. Their whole line of chips has gone from $1 to $2. Milk is close to the same price, but sour cream, butter, cottage cheese, and cream cheese are double the price.
What this means is that people who were already on the edge financially are hurt the most. They can’t step down to a cheaper generic product, because they were already buying that brand, and it’s up 50-100%.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Chip wrote: January 29th, 2023, 4:53 pm There was an article on The Gateway Pundit the other day talking about how Tractor Supply customers are finding that the chicken feed they are buying from them is causing their hens to lay no eggs, at all. Interesting WEF affiliations among Tractor Supply board members.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/0 ... y-epstein/
Chickens generally lay less when it is cold. If it is real cold, they may not lay at all. The food may have nothing to do with it.

BigT
captain of 100

Post by BigT »

We buy 95% of our eggs from Sam’s or Costco, and they are completely out 3-4 days a week lately. When they have them the price is about the same: $6-6.50 for 2 dozen. Both still sell a rotisserie chicken for $5–amazing. Cheaper than buying a raw chicken and cooking it yourself. Smiths/Krogers $5/dozen lately. Don’t check at Walmart because we don’t buy there.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

We're planning on cranking the baby chicks out of our incubator as fast as we can this spring.

LadyT
captain of 100

Post by LadyT »

I have a few hens. They are young and still laying a fair amount. I want to get some more. I dislike dealing with baby chicks, but I think I am going to have to. I will wait for spring. Not bringing home babies in this weather.

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

Massive fire sweeps U.S. egg farm, 16 fire departments needed to contain it

Death of an estimated 100,000 chickens

Published January 29, 2023 at 5:36pm

https://www.wnd.com/2023/01/massive-fir ... d-contain/

Who controls the food supply controls the people;
Who controls the energy can control whole continents;
Who controls the money controls the world.

--Henry Kissinger 1973

Nothing to see here. It's normal. Chicken farms go up in flames all the time.

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

Original_Intent wrote: January 29th, 2023, 4:04 pm https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/m ... s-supplier

Dozens of food processing plants were destroyed and/or damaged last year by "accidental fires." After several months of a lull in mysterious fires rippling through the food industry, the first major one of the new year was reported by NBC Connecticut on Saturday.
Some have speculated 'food processing plants don't just "accidentally"' catch on fire at the rate seen last year. Others are asking: Is the US food supply chain under attack?
But, you know, ZeroHedge is a Russia front organization and they are probably just spreading the propaganda, :|
Make fun all you want, but it's part of Communist media strategy and manipulation to cater to the conservative crowd, the doomsday and prepper crowd, and of course the Christians. They want to focus on all the bad news in America, so you'll get upset. They will report the facts, but sometimes manipulate the narrative or suggest things that put the blame on the liberal "deep state." They want both sides angry and looking for a strong rescuer. For conservatives that has been Trump, for liberals, they'll probably bring back Obama.

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

Toto wrote: January 30th, 2023, 6:53 pm Massive fire sweeps U.S. egg farm, 16 fire departments needed to contain it

Death of an estimated 100,000 chickens

Published January 29, 2023 at 5:36pm

https://www.wnd.com/2023/01/massive-fir ... d-contain/

Who controls the food supply controls the people;
Who controls the energy can control whole continents;
Who controls the money controls the world.

--Henry Kissinger 1973

Nothing to see here. It's normal. Chicken farms go up in flames all the time.
Kissinger was and is working for the Kremlin.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Sarah wrote: January 30th, 2023, 7:01 pm
Original_Intent wrote: January 29th, 2023, 4:04 pm https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/m ... s-supplier

Make fun all you want, but it's part of Communist media strategy and manipulation to cater to the conservative crowd, the doomsday and prepper crowd, and of course the Christians. They want to focus on all the bad news in America, so you'll get upset. They will report the facts, but sometimes manipulate the narrative or suggest things that put the blame on the liberal "deep state." They want both sides angry and looking for a strong rescuer. For conservatives that has been Trump, for liberals, they'll probably bring back Obama.
And of course your sources are anonymous, deep state "officials" - you know the Hunter laptop hiding, Russia-gate liars, right?

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

Original_Intent wrote: January 30th, 2023, 7:24 pm
Sarah wrote: January 30th, 2023, 7:01 pm

And of course your sources are anonymous, deep state "officials" - you know the Hunter laptop hiding, Russia-gate liars, right?
I have posted my sources and the evidence for years on this forum, and no, it's not from the Democrats.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

Wow, I wonder if you have some insane egg taxes or something. I travel over a good portion of the United States regularly and eggs are at least double what they were even a year ago.