If you think egg prices are high now...

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
harakim
captain of 1,000

Re: If you think egg prices are high now...

Post by harakim »

Fred wrote: January 29th, 2023, 8:03 pm
Chip wrote: January 29th, 2023, 4:53 pm There was an article on The Gateway Pundit the other day talking about how Tractor Supply customers are finding that the chicken feed they are buying from them is causing their hens to lay no eggs, at all. Interesting WEF affiliations among Tractor Supply board members.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/0 ... y-epstein/
Chickens generally lay less when it is cold. If it is real cold, they may not lay at all. The food may have nothing to do with it.
I've heard it's the hours of sunlight and not the temperature but our chickens didn't lay at all in the winter.

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

TheDuke wrote: January 29th, 2023, 4:58 pm Well, frankly chicken has been a stable for me for years. and as much as I like one conspiracy as much as another, I am paying the exact same price for chicken now as for the past 4 years. Eggs are pretty close here but I usually looked for sales in the past, so I'm not sure about the retail prices. Same for rotisierie chicken (but Safeway's seems a bit smaller in weight.

other foods seem to be higher but I don't see it here, at least in the PNW.
Duke is right about chicken prices not being excessive here in the pnw...let me explain. We have two chicken integrators here. We have Draper Valley farms in Mt.vernon to the north now owned by Purdue and we have foster farms located to the south in the longview/kelso area now owned by a holding company with ESG goals tied to Tyson by loose threads. Foster farms was owned by the foster family who owned the company since 1931, up until like six months ago when they decided to sell. Because of this, these two companies are trying to outdo one another and are keeping prices for consumers lower than they would be for processed chicken. We also have Costco who had their own production in the Midwest which got hit with AI a while ago and now Costco is also sourcing chicken ( along with Safeway and every other grocery chain in the pnw except walmart) from Draper Valley farms and foster farms. This is keeping prices low as both companies are trying to out compete each other. We also have alot of local egg producers that are still producing without any interuptions as AI hasn't really hit the commercial egg or broiler farms here. So we have seen prices rise a little on the processed chicken and we've seen steady climbs on the eggs but not as much as other regions. Other groceries though like bread, dairy, and anything else you buy is alot more expensive than one year ago. Also please keep in mind last Jan Feb the integrator processors were given 41 billion dollars...(yes I'm a broken record bringing this up again)...purdue and Tyson were major beneficiaries of this money....there is something afoot for sure as the pnw adopts radical marxist environmental plans that will necessarily make farms of all kinds financially unable to exist in the future. Meanwhile, capitalism/ competition is keeping our prices reasonable.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

harakim wrote: January 30th, 2023, 9:33 pm
TheDuke wrote: January 29th, 2023, 4:58 pm Well, frankly chicken has been a stable for me for years. and as much as I like one conspiracy as much as another, I am paying the exact same price for chicken now as for the past 4 years. Eggs are pretty close here but I usually looked for sales in the past, so I'm not sure about the retail prices. Same for rotisierie chicken (but Safeway's seems a bit smaller in weight.

other foods seem to be higher but I don't see it here, at least in the PNW.
Wow, I wonder if you have some insane egg taxes or something. I travel over a good portion of the United States regularly and eggs are at least double what they were even a year ago.
maybe they give us the old expired ones?

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

A dozen eggs at our local Walmart are now $6, as of today. Last year, a dozen eggs at our local Walmart were $2. And our state is one of the biggest egg-producing states in the U.S. FWIW

LostCreekAcres
captain of 100

Post by LostCreekAcres »

LostCreekAcres wrote: January 29th, 2023, 6:16 pm A couple of weeks ago, ashamed to admit, I paid about $25 for 5 dozen eggs at Winco. Yesterday, I paid $17 for those same eggs.
https://gab.com/BeachMilk/posts/109794301661014166

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Re: egg prices

Post by Shawn Henry »

BeNotDeceived wrote: January 29th, 2023, 5:57 pm
Original_Intent wrote: January 29th, 2023, 5:55 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 29th, 2023, 5:52 pm Egg prices in the Rockies have gone from $3-4/dozen to $8-10/dozen in the past year or so.
I saw a post today for a dozen grade A eggs for $6.66 and they captioned it "Yes! Deviled eggs!" :D
Homy don’t play that game.❗️
Come on! That's funny, right there!

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Fred wrote: January 30th, 2023, 1:38 am Image
Fred, that's hilarious! Nice work!

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Shawn Henry wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 10:49 am
Fred wrote: January 30th, 2023, 1:38 am Image
Fred, that's hilarious! Nice work!
I didn't create it, just copied it.

moving2zion
captain of 100

Post by moving2zion »

In the past the FDA and Farm Bureau would send out their request that you report on your livestock and land use here in the USA. Being good little citizens we used to comply. Then I realized it didn't really matter whether I responded or not. Now I am in the process of unincorporating, so that may impact this a bit anyways. I found it interesting that they seem to be reaching out to more to folks multiple times in the last few years. I'll have to follow up with my neighbors to see if they are being bugged about their property usage as well.

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

You just have to shake your head and laugh as the parasitical elites eat their hosts. It’s so completely obviously bonkers.

Chicken Egg Yolk Antibodies (IgYs) block the binding of multiple SARS-CoV-2 spike protein variants to human ACE2
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33191178/

WEF - Eating eggs increases the risk of heart attacks and strokes.

Watch this....

WEF Vows to BAN 'Dangerous' Eggs After Study Finds They Cure COVID Naturally

Eating eggs is suddenly a highly dangerous activity, according to the global elite who say they want to ban people from consuming them for their own good.

https://rumble.com/v28kigu-wef-vows-to- ... rally.html

You just can't make this stuff up! :lol:

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/f ... l-shortage

Why are chickens spontaneously combusting all around the world?

Today an egg barn in New Zealand burns down, killing 75,000 hens.

Sire seems like someone wants to destroy our food supply.

A.L.F? E.L.F? Satanists? Globalists? Psychopaths?

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

truth is that using fossil fuels to heat the barns is dangerous if the farmer doesn't perform needed maintenance. Lotsa things can go wrong using natural gas or propane. The whole barn is just a combustible heap of material and a malfunction of the heaters can burn it all down. Heaters are usually hung from the ceilings. If a heater falls down into the litter or makes contact with a wall or anything combustible voila....up In flames....The wholesaler retailer is making all the money anyway. Farmers, unless they own the supply chain from grain to store aren't doing well right now. High prices aren't trickling Down like some may expect. Fossil fuels are being attacked. Washington state just Implemented their cap and invest system. All fossil fuels to the general public will be cap and invested at 15 to 20 cents per gallon. Aviation, marine industries, and agriculture are all exempt except that now all the energy companies have to raise prices for everyone because of the expense of the compliance that will be required, sooooo expect further price hikes and further shortages until Bill gates gets his meal worms to the store in a form people can stomach. Right now California, quebec and Washington will be forcing the fossil fuel producers to buy offsets at the next carbon offset auction. Government will get an extra 500 million annually for this program....its coming to Oregon and all other climate responsible states will be joining in soon......sooo this just one more piece of the puzzle to train you to eat less and pay more....!!!!! Fun times ahead...and it hasn't even begun quite yet...

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

tribrac wrote: February 7th, 2023, 2:13 pm https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/f ... l-shortage

Why are chickens spontaneously combusting all around the world?

Today an egg barn in New Zealand burns down, killing 75,000 hens.

Sire seems like someone wants to destroy our food supply.

A.L.F? E.L.F? Satanists? Globalists? Psychopaths?
Sure seems like they want to eliminate the simplest cure for covid. Eggs are even easier to come by than Ivermectin. Now that they convinced people Ivermectin was a horse paste.