What is your affiliation?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.

What is your affiliation?

Member of LDS church and considered in good standing
56%
Member of LDS church and not considered in good standing
12%
Member of CoC or related
2%
Member of mormon polygamous group
2%
Member of other mormon group (DoC, Snuffer, etc)
9%
Former mormon
6%
Non-believer of Joseph Smith's claim of restoration
4%
Other
9%

Total votes: 82
Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: What is your affiliation?

Post by Niemand »

mikewoodings wrote: January 29th, 2023, 11:13 am Technically I'm a member in good standing... but my beliefs would place me as an Independent Fundamentalist.

The church is pretty new where I live (Republic of Georgia) and the Book of Mormon just got translated into Georgian which I think is really awesome but at the same time I don't really feel the desire to be much of a member missionary or really even attend much myself now because I feel I can't really say what I truly believe. So as of now I just study on my own and attend the occasion activity.
We had a Georgian missionary over here in Scotland some years ago. I was going to say not-the-Deep-South-Georgia although I suppose it is the Deep South of the former US(SR).

mikewoodings
captain of 10

Post by mikewoodings »

Valo wrote: January 29th, 2023, 11:25 am
mikewoodings wrote: January 29th, 2023, 11:13 am Technically I'm a member in good standing... but my beliefs would place me as an Independent Fundamentalist.

The church is pretty new where I live (Republic of Georgia) and the Book of Mormon just got translated into Georgian which I think is really awesome but at the same time I don't really feel the desire to be much of a member missionary or really even attend much myself now because I feel I can't really say what I truly believe. So as of now I just study on my own and attend the occasion activity.
It sucks being an outcast by your own people who profess to love you.

Hang in there. ❗️

Will do! Thank you Valo! 🙏🏼

mikewoodings
captain of 10

Post by mikewoodings »

Niemand wrote: January 29th, 2023, 11:34 am

We had a Georgian missionary over here in Scotland some years ago. I was going to say not-the-Deep-South-Georgia although I suppose it is the Deep South of the former US(SR).
Haha yeah technically would be the Deep South of the from USSR. I don't know too many of the members but he might be in one of the branches here. I'll keep my ears out for a former missionary that served in Scotland 😃

The people seem to be quite receptive here recently. Quite a bit of growth. Which I guess is good that people come to the knowledge of the Book of Mormon at least.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

mikewoodings wrote: January 29th, 2023, 11:47 am Haha yeah technically would be the Deep South of the from USSR. I don't know too many of the members but he might be in one of the branches here. I'll keep my ears out for a former missionary that served in Scotland 😃

The people seem to be quite receptive here recently. Quite a bit of growth. Which I guess is good that people come to the knowledge of the Book of Mormon at least.
Sister ?Mikaberidze (something like that). I can still picture her.

The Georgians were one of the earliest nations to convert to Christianity, along with the Armenians, yet few people in the west seem to know that.

They have maintained their faith despite Islam, the Mongols and Communism. Any LDS missionaries in the country are going to have to respect that legacy... but probably won't.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 28th, 2023, 8:17 pm Where did the option go for “Dedicated follower of Jesus Christ and His gospel”?
If that option had been there, that's what I would have ticked.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

God bless you…

mikewoodings
captain of 10

Post by mikewoodings »

Luke wrote: January 29th, 2023, 5:07 pm
God bless you…
God bless you brother!

I always appreciate reading your insights and posts 👊🏼

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

The Davidic Servant may soon stand for the first time.

The next 5 years will be interesting.❗️