Is Elder Anderson a Seer?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Is Elder Anderson a Seer?

Post by Fred »

He guesses that in 50 years the Savior may have not returned.
My guess is much sooner... But then I don't claim to be a prophet, seer, or revelator.

Rumpelstiltskin
captain of 1,000

Re: Is Elder Anderson a Seer?

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

No.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Honestly, if it doesn't happen in the next 50 years, isn't that a worse fate for mankind? We can not overcome the debt issue in the United States. A lot of people are not going to be able to afford retirement in the coming 50 years. Healthcare is mammothly expensive. Where are all these Boomers who don't have family (or family with means to host them) going to live? Is there room and board and financing to take on all of them in assisted living centers? Is there enough funding in Medicare to take care of those who are in need of it?

Generation Z is a poor mess. They and a lot of Millennials do NOT buy into the system. They don't want to work, particularly they don't want to work bull **** jobs (a real term used to describe the phenomenon of the rise of useless jobs that exist to just give people a pay check, but the jobs are empty, unneeded, miserable to have--https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/@#!!$#!%_Jobs), they are not going to produce productively towards a healthy middle class that has been in decline for decades now. Marriage is dying, divorce is rampant, birth rates are low

Maybe the Lord doesn't come in 50 years, but IMO, that is tragic. We aren't going to dig ourselves out of the mess of modernity. It would be an act of mercy for the Lord to come in the next 50 years. We don't have glory days to look forward to. The glory days of America and Western civilization are over. The times of the gentiles are truly fulfilled.

Maybe a pruning will come but it won't be the Second Coming?
Last edited by BuriedTartaria on January 26th, 2023, 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Prophets will sometimes use this type of language to encourage the Saints to live normal lives, and not think that because doomsday is just around the corner, that might lead to a complacency amongst the Saints, should that day not arrive.

Honestly, I don't think we live in this current world through 2070. MIT's computer guesses we won't last in this status quo beyond 2040. Martin Armstrong's economic model predicts a Dark Age for the Western countries unless they reverse course (his model points to the end of 2032).

It will be VERY important not to be deceived. The way that AI is growing (and it is growing exponentially) we will increasingly see fake objects appear incredibly real. Revelation talks about many of these things deceiving the world. This pandemic was just the start.

Hold on to God, hold on to Christ.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Well, sooner or later something is gonna give and then all hell breaks loose, at least for a time. Maybe Christ comes in the next 50 years, maybe he doesn’t. People have been predicting his coming for millennia and saying that the signs are being fulfilled too. It will happen when it happens (assuming we’re not all crazy ofc).

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Subcomandante wrote: January 26th, 2023, 10:56 pm Prophets will sometimes use this type of language to encourage the Saints to live normal lives, and not think that because doomsday is just around the corner, that might lead to a complacency amongst the Saints, should that day not arrive.

Honestly, I don't think we live in this current world through 2070. MIT's computer guesses we won't last in this status quo beyond 2040. Martin Armstrong's economic model predicts a Dark Age for the Western countries unless they reverse course (his model points to the end of 2032).

It will be VERY important not to be deceived. The way that AI is growing (and it is growing exponentially) we will increasingly see fake objects appear incredibly real. Revelation talks about many of these things deceiving the world. This pandemic was just the start.

True prophets also use language that teaches the doctrines of Christ in purity and invite (strongly at time) all to repent of their sin and wickedness, of following the whore of Babylon, that great global church of the devil.

We all have the scriptures before us, we can, as they state, recognize the signs of the times as a woman in travail.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Subcomandante wrote: January 26th, 2023, 10:56 pm Prophets will sometimes use this type of language to encourage the Saints to live normal lives, and not think that because doomsday is just around the corner, that might lead to a complacency amongst the Saints, should that day not arrive.

I suspect we'll be gone (nearly wrote "gong") by the end of the century. I'll be dead by then unless I'm hooked up to some nightmare immortality machine.

Plenty of disproven news out there.

Two obvious examples. All those leaders in a faked Charlie Hebdo march in Paris.

That story about the Ukrainians on that island telling the Russians to f... off? Turns out that was fake too.

Mindfields
captain of 1,000

Post by Mindfields »

Almost 2000 years and counting. He's either giving us a lot of rope or we got it wrong and he isn't coming back.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Mindfields wrote: January 27th, 2023, 8:18 am Almost 2000 years and counting. He's either giving us a lot of rope or we got it wrong and he isn't coming back.
There’s still clearly quite a number of things which need to take place first.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Mindfields wrote: January 27th, 2023, 8:18 am Almost 2000 years and counting. He's either giving us a lot of rope or we got it wrong and he isn't coming back.
If Jesus died and resurrected around 33 A.D. then we probably have more or less ten years before the great and dreadful day of His return. New Jerusalem and its temple must already be in place first. A lot can happen in the next ten years. It probably won't look pretty at all.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

marc wrote: January 27th, 2023, 8:33 am
If Jesus died and resurrected around 33 A.D. then we probably have more or less ten years before the great and dreadful day of His return. New Jerusalem and its temple must already be in place first. A lot can happen in the next ten years. It probably won't look pretty at all.
There's a very interesting prophecy in the Book of Enoch that is colloquially called the "Ten Week Prophecy".

It can be interpreted many different ways, but in the most compelling model I've seen, we could be looking at another 100 years before the Millennium starts.

I'll explain more if people are interested.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

No, BoM states a seer can translate. https://seekingyhwh.org/2015/10/04/in-h ... yesterday/

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

The problem I have with this is it encourages complacency. What he should be doing is encouraging people to read Isaiah and helping them understand it (assuming he does, which I wonder). Isaiah makes it clear that there is a period of time of dreadful horror and general living conditions prior to the redemption of Zion. So if by chance he's right about 50 years, that doesn't mean 50 years of easy living. Quite the opposite. If one can look around and see somewhat clearly things are continuing to slide downward. We are on the cusp of a major war that our government will not be able to isolate us from the impact this time. Our financial markets are groaning under the strain of massive debt. We are in the beginning stages of a major famine. And of course our betters remind us of the constant threat of pandemics.

Anderson should be arousing people from their cognitive dissonance, instead he is encouraging it. He is a watchman drunk or asleep while thieves trash whatever is left of the vineyard. He also probably doesn't understand the Second Coming happens in phases. There are major events that happen before Jesus' triumphant return, accompanied by major upheaval that cause men's hearts to fail them. He will be returning to a group of gathered, ready people. Who will those people be? None of us if we listen to that guy.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

Reading today, and thought this was applicable to this discussion:

Joh 16:17 Then said some of his disciples among
themselves, What is this that he saith unto us, A little
while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while,
and ye shall see me: and, Because I go to the Father?

Joh 16:18 They said therefore, What is this that he saith,
A little while? we cannot tell what he saith.

Joh 16:19 Now Jesus knew that they were desirous to ask
him, and said unto them, Do ye enquire among yourselves
of that I said, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and
again, a little while, and ye shall see me?

Joh 16:20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall
weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall
be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

Joh 16:21 A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow,
because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered
of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy
that a man is born into the world.

Joh 16:22 And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will
see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy
no man taketh from you.