Your Martin Luther Moment. Share concerns w bishop about Nelson being skull & bones or other revelations? How did it go?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
tmac
captain of 1,000

Re: Your Martin Luther Moment. Share concerns w bishop about Nelson being skull & bones or other revelations? How did it

Post by tmac »

Robin Hood wrote: January 27th, 2023, 5:02 am How about this for a corker!
It's not secret combinations (Skull & Bones etc) infiltrating the church, it's the church infiltrating the secret combinations!
Someone actually said that.
Reminds me of a man whom I had known and been friends with for quite some time, who was a “devout” active member of the Church, who was ultimately charged and convicted of child sex abuse. And, during the course of the whole thing it became clear that he was a serial offender, for which he is now in prison. Nonetheless, I have attempted to follow Christ’s admonitions regarding widows, orphans, and those in prison, so I have attempted at times to provide some level of emotional support to him, but it became more than even I could handle. He is in such a state of denial that all he wants to talk about is how he has always been wrongly accused and convicted, but despite the injustices, the whole thing is part of a grand divine plan for him to bring the gospel to the prison system. And, the thing he wants most is for me to validate those views.

Likewise, I am sure there are those who, likewise in a state of denial, would assert that these chosen Brethren are likewise just doing yeoman work, infiltrating and bringing the gospel to the Gadiantons, secret combinations, and Illuminati. And, of course to do that, they must be members — and if all goes well, they will eventually convert Satan.

I have always been friends and on pretty good terms with many of my local church leaders (except one bishop who told me to sit down and shut up at the pulpit, and then admonished the congregation that nothing should ever be said from the pulpit that isn’t specifically directed and/or authorized by “Salt Lake City”).

Even among those whom I am on best terms, though, one of their favorite lines to me is to: “doubt your doubts.” One of them told me “sometimes I am tempted to have thoughts like that, but I know it’s the adversary trying to deceive me, so I force myself to doubt my doubts, and eventually I come back around — so always doubt your doubts brother, because our ways are not God’s ways; He knows best, and; the Brethren can never, and will never, lead us astray like the adversary can and does.

Those have been my experiences with my local leaders. Now my official calling and assignment is just to keep my mouth shut, not ask any questions, and not make waves and/or cause any trouble. And, I have also been banned from standing in the circle as a “righteous, sustaining priesthood holder” in baby blessings for my grandchildren.

Among other things, most local leaders I know seem to be in too big a state of denial to question almost anything, including a rapidly growing list of very legitimate concerns like: The safe and effective letter and scamdemic protocols, LGBTQ agenda policies, secret combinations, etc. They are like McDonalds franchise employees. Their position is that the Lord is directing and guiding every aspect of the work, which is all spelled out in the franchise handbook, so it is all covered and in very good hands.
Last edited by tmac on January 27th, 2023, 9:34 am, edited 5 times in total.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Your Martin Luther Moment. Share concerns w bishop about Nelson being skull & bones or other revelations? How did it

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Niemand wrote: January 27th, 2023, 7:03 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 27th, 2023, 6:54 am
Niemand wrote: January 27th, 2023, 3:40 am What's the point in speaking with local leaders other than getting yourself kicked out?
Maybe it’s to let the Lord know where you stand. I seem to recall something about candles, bushels, and candlesticks.
It reminds me when I was at the pharmacy and said I happened to remark that I was creeped out by all the "vaccine" propaganda. She said I should go and speak to my doctor about the issue. I just replied, "What's the point? All he'll do is tell me is to get the thing."
Any action we take for good or for evil resonates in the universe. Is teaching truth ever wrong? Sure, there may be times when we are called upon to be a silent witness, but I feel that many people have been spiritually castrated.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

Niemand wrote: January 27th, 2023, 3:40 am What's the point in speaking with local leaders other than getting yourself kicked out?
I have been asked this question more times than I can count.

The simple answer is, "nothing may change that you can see, but in every case that I show the Lord I will do my very best to follow Him, the relationship between He and I changes in ways that are very important to me".

cwass
captain of 100

Post by cwass »

endlessQuestions wrote: January 27th, 2023, 7:31 am

The simple answer is, "nothing may change that you can see, but in every case that I show the Lord I will do my very best to follow Him, the relationship between He and I changes in ways that are very important to me".
I just personally don't like people hijacking my church.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

cwass wrote: January 27th, 2023, 8:43 am

I just personally don't like people hijacking my church.
The Lord's church.

But yes, I understand what you mean.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

I don't see my relationship with God as being tied to an institution. In lockdown I blessed my own sacrament and wasn't allowed to see anyone.

I'm not even at the Martin Luther stage. More Calvin or Wesley!

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Niemand wrote: January 27th, 2023, 8:59 am

I don't see my relationship with God as being tied to an institution. In lockdown I blessed my own sacrament and wasn't allowed to see anyone.
I think a lot of people are coming to that conclusion.

I've thought a lot about it, prayed a lot about it, and the impression I've received is that the institution itself is important (the Church, not the corporation), but it's not all that important to my salvation IF AND ONLY IF they wrongfully excommunicate me.

God seems to want ME to stay inside the institution if I can. But that's just an answer for me.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

endlessQuestions wrote: January 27th, 2023, 9:07 am

I think a lot of people are coming to that conclusion.

I've thought a lot about it, prayed a lot about it, and the impression I've received is that the institution itself is important (the Church, not the corporation), but it's not all that important to my salvation IF AND ONLY IF they wrongfully excommunicate me.

God seems to want ME to stay inside the institution if I can. But that's just an answer for me.
I get that impression and i've been able to do a few things. But I can feel my time there dwindling and I'm amazed I've not been kicked out.

cwass
captain of 100

Post by cwass »

My time may be coming too...I've been asked to speak on the living prophet in church in a month. That's fine, they may not like what I would say. I can put a good talk together but it's more about the feeling that someone in the ward/stake is trying to call me out and put me in an uncomfortable position....could this be my Martin Luther moment?

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

cwass wrote: January 27th, 2023, 9:55 am My time may be coming too...I've been asked to speak on the living prophet in church in a month. That's fine, they may not like what I would say. I can put a good talk together but it's more about the feeling that someone in the ward/stake is trying to call me out and put me in an uncomfortable position....could this be my Martin Luther moment?
I'm giving a talk in late February. Should be fun.

cab
captain of 1,000
Location: ♫ I am a Mormon! ♫ And... dang it... a Mormon just believes! ♫

Re: Share your story...Anyone shared concerns w bishop about Nelson being skull & bones or other new revelations. How it

Post by cab »

endlessQuestions wrote: January 26th, 2023, 3:44 pm
BigT wrote: January 26th, 2023, 3:42 pm
endlessQuestions wrote: January 26th, 2023, 3:29 pm I have.

It went well.

Tonight I’m telling him about the email I sent today approximately 300 General Authorities, auxiliary leaders, and their support staff.

My bishop is a good man. I’m grateful for him.
Uh, what? Could you elaborate?
You left us too early on the "Apostle or Aristocrat" thread, BigT. We miss you!

Here's a link to the page that contains the information and request I sent our leaders:

viewtopic.php?p=1345929#p1345929

I am a late arriver to this thread. I only frequent the forum as a touch and go visitor. So I missed this one. I am currently on page 8 and have watched the slide show.. I plan on spend all next week catching up and beginning to read to volumes.
Fascinating stuff and I appreciate the work you put in. Truly thought provoking

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Niemand wrote: January 27th, 2023, 10:06 am
cwass wrote: January 27th, 2023, 9:55 am My time may be coming too...I've been asked to speak on the living prophet in church in a month. That's fine, they may not like what I would say. I can put a good talk together but it's more about the feeling that someone in the ward/stake is trying to call me out and put me in an uncomfortable position....could this be my Martin Luther moment?
I was asked to talk on gratitude back in November. My talk ended up being about twenty minutes because the previous speaker only spoke a few minutes. My friend/neighbor who is in the bishopric thanked me for talking and told me that most members in my ward are turning down invitations to talk in sacrament meeting. Attendance has dwindled a lot since I was released as ward clerk a couple years ago.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

marc wrote: January 27th, 2023, 1:52 pm
I was asked to talk on gratitude back in November. My talk ended up being about twenty minutes because the previous speaker only spoke a few minutes. My friend/neighbor who is in the bishopric thanked me for talking and told me that most members in my ward are turning down invitations to talk in sacrament meeting. Attendance has dwindled a lot since I was released as ward clerk a couple years ago.
Sometimes I would like to bring out the proverbial sledge hanmer, but as the saying goes, you don't use one to crack a nut.

I have tried to remind people of free agency and I have also pointed out that there are deliberately divisive movements in our society. I didn't name BLM, but that would be one of them. (I don't believe BLM was ever really for the benefit of black people other than the folk running it.)

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Niemand wrote: January 27th, 2023, 2:00 pm
Sometimes I would like to bring out the proverbial sledge hanmer, but as the saying goes, you don't use one to crack a nut.

I have tried to remind people of free agency and I have also pointed out that there are deliberately divisive movements in our society. I didn't name BLM, but that would be one of them. (I don't believe BLM was ever really for the benefit of black people other than the folk running it.)
Over the last seven years since I moved to my ward, I have incrementally pushed the envelope (no opinions) with scriptures, etc in all my talks, testimonies, and lessons I've taught as EQ instructor, gospel doctrine teacher, etc. I've made many members uncomfortable over the years just shy of anyone really complaining about me (that I know of), but today, they can all clearly see that my willingness to stand firm has paid off. I never compromised what I believed and what I taught. From the start my focus was preparedness, Zion, Jesus Christ, etc. I would testify I was a disciple of Jesus years before it was a thing in church. Now it's cool for members to say they're disciples, whereas "follow the prophet" was the sole mantra.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Share your story...Anyone shared concerns w bishop about Nelson being skull & bones or other new revelations. How it

cab wrote: January 27th, 2023, 1:47 pm
endlessQuestions wrote: January 26th, 2023, 3:44 pm
BigT wrote: January 26th, 2023, 3:42 pm
endlessQuestions wrote: January 26th, 2023, 3:29 pm I have.

It went well.

Tonight I’m telling him about the email I sent today approximately 300 General Authorities, auxiliary leaders, and their support staff.

My bishop is a good man. I’m grateful for him.
Uh, what? Could you elaborate?
You left us too early on the "Apostle or Aristocrat" thread, BigT. We miss you!

Here's a link to the page that contains the information and request I sent our leaders:

viewtopic.php?p=1345929#p1345929

I am a late arriver to this thread. I only frequent the forum as a touch and go visitor. So I missed this one. I am currently on page 8 and have watched the slide show.. I plan on spend all next week catching up and beginning to read to volumes.
Fascinating stuff and I appreciate the work you put in. Truly thought provoking
Well, you don't sound like much of a lazy learner to me... perhaps you'll have to change your avatar? :)

Welcome to the conversation. All are welcome, those willing to carry some water are greatly appreciated!

cwass
captain of 100

Post by cwass »

I estimate our attendance is down 25% from a couple years ago. Can't imagine how low it would go if the leaders decide to give people ultimatums...confess the holiness of the 15 or be disciplined... Seems like a recipe for disaster.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

The scriptures tell us that Christ is our Prophet, Priest, and King.
And He lives!!!

You’re welcome 😇

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

marc wrote: January 27th, 2023, 2:06 pm
Niemand wrote: January 27th, 2023, 2:00 pm

Over the last seven years since I moved to my ward, I have incrementally pushed the envelope (no opinions) with scriptures, etc in all my talks, testimonies, and lessons I've taught as EQ instructor, gospel doctrine teacher, etc. I've made many members uncomfortable over the years just shy of anyone really complaining about me (that I know of), but today, they can all clearly see that my willingness to stand firm has paid off. I never compromised what I believed and what I taught. From the start my focus was preparedness, Zion, Jesus Christ, etc. I would testify I was a disciple of Jesus years before it was a thing in church. Now it's cool for members to say they're disciples, whereas "follow the prophet" was the sole mantra.
That's so interesting, marc, because it was seven and a half years ago I moved to Nashville and began my own journey.

Sounds like you were out ahead of me by several years (I had some growing up to do), but I would add my testimony to yours in that the results of my actions, which are nearly identical to yours, have born the same types of fruit.

If you have been sitting on the fence, I would invite you to prayerfully consider "standing for something", to steal the line of one of those we sustained as a prophet, seer, and revelator.

And don't just "stand for something", stand for SOMEONE - Jesus Christ, our Lord, Savior, and King!

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

cwass wrote: January 27th, 2023, 2:16 pm I estimate our attendance is down 25% from a couple years ago. Can't imagine how low it would go if the leaders decide to give people ultimatums...confess the holiness of the 15 or be disciplined... Seems like a recipe for disaster.
Our attendance is all over the place. There are a number of elderly and infirm people who don't attend partly because they are still terrified of the Big C.

The big things for us seem to be:
* Missionaries. I don't know what it is, but the missionaries have much less "puff" in them.
* Temples. We now have a local temple president who won't allow ward trips, insists we book in etc all on top of the cafeteria* being shut (a great place for people to meet)

The YSA seem to be the one coherent group, but they are also incredibly standoffish.

Most people no longer know each other. It's also got to the state where we have a EQP who I've never spoken to really.

* I used the word canteen elsewhere. I find it strange to use cafeteria of a place which doesn't serve coffee.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

endlessQuestions wrote: January 27th, 2023, 2:22 pmThat's so interesting, marc, because it was seven and a half years ago I moved to Nashville and began my own journey.

Sounds like you were out ahead of me by several years (I had some growing up to do), but I would add my testimony to yours in that the results of my actions, which are nearly identical to yours, have born the same types of fruit.

If you have been sitting on the fence, I would invite you to prayerfully consider "standing for something", to steal the line of one of those we sustained as a prophet, seer, and revelator.

And don't just "stand for something", stand for SOMEONE - Jesus Christ, our Lord, Savior, and King!
Definitely not a fence sitter. I've been a watchman for the last ten to twelve years. Or maybe the second half of your post was directed to the forum in general?

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

marc wrote: January 27th, 2023, 2:46 pm
endlessQuestions wrote: January 27th, 2023, 2:22 pmThat's so interesting, marc, because it was seven and a half years ago I moved to Nashville and began my own journey.

Definitely not a fence sitter. I've been a watchman for the last ten to twelve years. Or maybe the second half of your post was directed to the forum in general?
Yes, absolutely to the forum in general.

Sorry, things are moving fast at the moment. Poor authorship on my part.

I hope at some point to be able to get to know your story a bit better, and perhaps learn from you. As I said, you seem to be a bit further down the road than me on many things, and I'm always looking for people who have walked the path I'm attempting to navigate.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

endlessQuestions wrote: January 27th, 2023, 3:00 pmI hope at some point to be able to get to know your story a bit better, and perhaps learn from you. As I said, you seem to be a bit further down the road than me on many things, and I'm always looking for people who have walked the path I'm attempting to navigate.
I've written it all down. I probably need to update it. I'll share it with you some day soon.

Light Seeker
captain of 100

Post by Light Seeker »

Maybe we should still be blessing our own sacrament …..Holding our own meetings with our families in our homes.

Maybe some never stopped from the period that they held the churches and the temple closed to those that would not comply with unrighteous edicts. Somewhat reminiscent in my spirit of Lucifer’s plan that was laid out before us in the great council of heaven.

No institution can take away the covenants that one makes with their Lord and Savior . The threat of Excommunication holds no weight if one is right with their Heavenly Father.

TwochurchesOnly
captain of 1,000

Post by TwochurchesOnly »

Light Seeker wrote: January 27th, 2023, 7:11 pm

Maybe we should still be blessing our own sacrament …..Holding our own meetings with our families in our homes.

Maybe some never stopped from the period that they held the churches and the temple closed to those that would not comply with unrighteous edicts. Somewhat reminiscent in my spirit of Lucifer’s plan that was laid out before us in the great council of heaven.

No institution can take away the covenants that one makes with their Lord and Savior . The threat of Excommunication holds no weight if one is right with their Heavenly Father.
Yes!