A question For those that believe in living the old Jewish Laws

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: A question For those that believe in living the old Jewish Laws

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Valo wrote: January 27th, 2023, 7:05 am viewtopic.php?p=1084618#p1084618
Michael Sherwin wrote: November 27th, 2020, 6:08 pm 13:10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

We need to look at Mark to know why.

4:11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:
4:12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

Ah, the famous Mormon conversion, be converted to our church and be saved! No, that is not really a thing. That is just manmade mumbo jumbo. Instead this is what God means by conversion.

19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

(I know many of you think that I do not know what I'm talking about. I just stumbled upon this as I was finishing up this post.

3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

The refreshing includes the resurrection. Our sins are blotted out when we are resurrected! Until then we are dead in our sins.)

Keeping the law of God makes an actual change in a person. No, no, no it is faith in Christ that changes us. Yes, because if we have faith in Christ we will keep his commandments, which includes the law because not one jot or one tiddle of the law will pass until all is accomplished. So conversion is mechanical in nature and is not a belief based action as it is possible to believe and not keep Christ commandments. And here lies the secret. It is also possible to believe and to keep Christ commandments and to still be one of the wicked. :shock:

This is so because those that are wicked will act wickedly unless they know the mystery of the kingdom of God. If the wicked know the mystery of the kingdom of God they can choose to keep the law and have their sins forgiven. Mystery number one. When is a person's sins forgiven? When a person is resurrected. They start over with a clean slate. Mystery number two. What is the mechanism by which a wicked person gets resurrected? By keeping the law because the following happens for them just the same as for a righteous person.

13:12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

It is purely a mechanical function. It is just as much made possible by the growth of the Christ Spirit in us as it is made possible by the Lord himself. The Lord only helps us.

41:14 Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the LORD, and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.

We actually have to do the heavy lifting of living right. Helping us by resurrecting us is trivial for the Lord if we have done our part.

So, Jesus taught in parables to limit the number of the wicked that are resurrected. Because, if one does not live according to the law they can lose even that which they have.

25:29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

We have to grow the Christ Spirit in us (measured in talents, in the parable of the talents) or what we have can be taken away and we become like the tares.

2:12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

Because they have no water (Christ Spirit/Holy Spirit) within them.

2:17 These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_y_QRprQLY

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Valo wrote: January 27th, 2023, 10:19 am
John Tavner wrote: January 27th, 2023, 9:29 am
Valo wrote: January 27th, 2023, 8:39 am
John Tavner wrote: January 27th, 2023, 7:36 am

Ok that I feel like was more clear, but it still doesn't clarify how or what is the burden that becomes light - or why it is easy - unless you are saying by taking His yoke upon us, we are forgiven = easy. I understand (iI think that you believe) the Yoke is the law- I won't say more because I don't want to put words in your mouth, but His burden, what is it? and What makes it light? I'm curious as to what you believe the law is. What is the law according to your beliefs?
3 "Blessed are the poor in spirit, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 4 Blessed are those who mourn, For they shall be comforted. 5 Blessed are the meek, For they shall inherit the earth. 6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled. 7 Blessed are the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy. 8 Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God. 9 Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God. 10 Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11 "Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. 12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Good verses. So you believe those verses are the law? What does it mean to be merciful? What about Mourning etc... How does one obtain a pure heart? Is it something you do or something you receive? So you believe the burden is that they mourn and are meek etc... but they receive in turn?
You asked what the law is. I've shown you what the Lord has said. I have been merciful and given you much to ponder and sup on. I encourage you to take any further questions you might have to the Lord as have I and I will. I get my answers from Him ; He is the source and has written much on the subject.

viewtopic.php?p=1322284#p1322284

Hosea 4:6 - My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

Isaiah 5:13 - Therefore my people are gone into captivity, because they have no knowledge: and their honourable men are famished, and their multitude dried up with thirst.

John 8:32 - And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

John 16:13 - Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

a...o
The Holy Spirit / Ghost is the law. https://seekingyhwh.org/2022/10/05/all- ... o-chiasmi/

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

https://www.gotquestions.org/yoke-easy- ... light.html

What does it mean when Jesus says, “My yoke is easy and my burden is light” (Matthew 11:30)?

Answer

The saying “my yoke is easy and my burden is light” is part of a larger passage (Matthew 11:28–30), in which Jesus tells all who are weary and burdened to come to Him for rest. He isn’t speaking here of physical burdens.
Rather, it was the heavy burden of the system of works that the Pharisees laid on the backs of the people that Jesus was offering to relieve. Later on in Matthew’s Gospel, Jesus will rebuke the Pharisees for laying heavy burdens on the shoulders of the people (Matthew 23:4).

The “yoke of the Pharisees” is the burdensome yoke of self-righteousness and legalistic law-keeping. It has been said by biblical scholars that the Pharisees had added over 600 regulations regarding what qualified as “working” on the Sabbath. That is a heavy burden! Recall the story of the lawyer who asked Jesus what was the greatest commandment of the Law (Matthew 22:36). You can almost read between the lines of the man’s question: “What law, of all the laws we have, do I absolutely have to keep?”

Jesus was saying that any kind of law-keeping is burdensome and amounts to a “heavy yoke” of oppression because no amount of law-keeping can bridge the gap between our sinfulness and God’s holiness. God says through the mouth of the prophet Isaiah that all of our righteous deeds are like a “polluted garment,” and Paul reiterated to the Romans that “no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law” (Romans 3:20). The good news is that Jesus promises to all who come to Him that He will give them rest from the heavy burden of trying to earn their way into heaven and rest from the oppressive yoke of self-righteousness and legalism. Jesus encourages those who are “heavy laden” to take His yoke upon them, and in so doing they will find rest for their souls. The yoke of Jesus is light and easy to carry because it is the yoke of repentance and faith followed by a singular commitment to follow Him. As the apostle John says, “For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome” (1 John 5:3).

This is what Jesus says in Matthew 11:30. His yoke is easy and His burden light.
Now, we might think that there is really no difference between the commandments of Jesus and the Jewish Law.
Isn’t the same God responsible for both? Technically speaking, yes.
If anything, one might argue that the commands of Jesus are even more burdensome because His reformulation of the Mosaic Law in the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5—7) actually goes above and beyond a mere outward conformity to the Law and deals instead with the inner person.

What makes Jesus’ yoke easy and His burden light is that in Jesus’ own active obedience (i.e., His perfect fulfillment of the Law of God), He carried the burden that we were meant to carry. His perfect obedience is applied (imputed) to us through faith, just as His righteousness was exchanged for our sin at the cross (2 Corinthians 5:21). Our obedience to Jesus then becomes our “spiritual worship” (Romans 12:1). Furthermore, we are indwelt by the Holy Spirit who works in our lives to mold us into the image of Christ, thereby making the yoke of Jesus easy and His burden light. The life lived by faith is a much lighter yoke and a much easier burden to carry than the heavy and burdensome yoke of self-righteousness under which some continually strive to make themselves acceptable to God through works.