A question For those that believe in living the old Jewish Laws

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Re: A question For those that believe in living the old Jewish Laws

Post by Bronco73idi »

John Tavner wrote: January 27th, 2023, 9:32 am
Bronco73idi wrote: January 27th, 2023, 8:56 am
John Tavner wrote: January 24th, 2023, 6:45 pm Not a challenging question, I"m more curious - What do you believe Jesus meant when He said in Matt 11: "29Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
I guess the question might better be posed as do you see that a future promise rather than one that can be applied now? Feel free to explain your views on this scripture.
On one hand everyone’s excuse, “I don’t know” about sin or “my circumstances are different”. So we have to go back to Moses 10 commandments.

To a celestial people the law is fulfilled in the sacrifice of the lamb of God, his only begotten son. Thus the law / word is in each and everyone.

To the spiritually blind and deaf only a portion of the law is fulfilled, like the sacrifices.
What do you mean by the law/word is in each and everyone?

Can you expound/ give an example of what you believe on your last sentence? Waht do you mean by "only a portion of hte law is fulfilled to the spiritually blind?

What do you mean by the law?
We are told that we have the gift of the Holy Ghost (celestial people) the Holy Ghost is the law / word.

"only a portion of the law is fulfilled to the spiritually blind?”

Paul had to tell people that homosexuality was a sin worthy of death. Obviously they don’t listen to the Holy Ghost so they then need to use the law the lord lived as a measure. The only thing that was fulfilled for them is the sacrifices because hopefully they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life for them. Baby steps…..

Valo
captain of 100

Post by Valo »

John Tavner wrote: January 27th, 2023, 9:29 am
Valo wrote: January 27th, 2023, 8:39 am
John Tavner wrote: January 27th, 2023, 7:36 am
Valo wrote: January 27th, 2023, 7:05 am

viewtopic.php?p=1084618#p1084618

Ok that I feel like was more clear, but it still doesn't clarify how or what is the burden that becomes light - or why it is easy - unless you are saying by taking His yoke upon us, we are forgiven = easy. I understand (iI think that you believe) the Yoke is the law- I won't say more because I don't want to put words in your mouth, but His burden, what is it? and What makes it light? I'm curious as to what you believe the law is. What is the law according to your beliefs?
3 "Blessed are the poor in spirit, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 4 Blessed are those who mourn, For they shall be comforted. 5 Blessed are the meek, For they shall inherit the earth. 6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled. 7 Blessed are the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy. 8 Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God. 9 Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God. 10 Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11 "Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. 12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Good verses. So you believe those verses are the law? What does it mean to be merciful? What about Mourning etc... How does one obtain a pure heart? Is it something you do or something you receive? So you believe the burden is that they mourn and are meek etc... but they receive in turn?
You asked what the law is. I've shown you what the Lord has said. I have been merciful and given you much to ponder and sup on. I encourage you to take any further questions you might have to the Lord as have I and I will. I get my answers from Him ; He is the source and has written much on the subject.

viewtopic.php?p=1322284#p1322284

Hosea 4:6 - My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

Isaiah 5:13 - Therefore my people are gone into captivity, because they have no knowledge: and their honourable men are famished, and their multitude dried up with thirst.

John 8:32 - And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

John 16:13 - Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

a...o

John Tavner
captain of 1,000

Post by John Tavner »

Valo wrote: January 27th, 2023, 10:19 am
John Tavner wrote: January 27th, 2023, 7:36 am

Ok that I feel like was more clear, but it still doesn't clarify how or what is the burden that becomes light - or why it is easy - unless you are saying by taking His yoke upon us, we are forgiven = easy. I understand (iI think that you believe) the Yoke is the law- I won't say more because I don't want to put words in your mouth, but His burden, what is it? and What makes it light? I'm curious as to what you believe the law is. What is the law according to your beliefs?
3 "Blessed are the poor in spirit, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 4 Blessed are those who mourn, For they shall be comforted. 5 Blessed are the meek, For they shall inherit the earth. 6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled. 7 Blessed are the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy. 8 Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God. 9 Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God. 10 Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11 "Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. 12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Good verses. So you believe those verses are the law? What does it mean to be merciful? What about Mourning etc... How does one obtain a pure heart? Is it something you do or something you receive? So you believe the burden is that they mourn and are meek etc... but they receive in turn?
You asked what the law is. I've shown you what the Lord has said. I have been merciful and given you much to ponder and sup on. I encourage you to take any further questions you might have to the Lord as have I and I will. I get my answers from Him ; He is the source and has written much on the subject.

Hosea 4:6 - My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

Isaiah 5:13 - Therefore my people are gone into captivity, because they have no knowledge: and their honourable men are famished, and their multitude dried up with thirst.

John 16:13 - Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

a...o
To be clear, I asked you what YOU believe the law is and whether I am understanding your belief correctly. These questions are for clarification. If you believe that is the law, you could say "Yes" or "no" or "yes, but.." or "no, that is not what I mean..."
As stated in the beginning - I am seeking to understand what others believe- inviting me to go to God, which is always welcome and adhered to regarding another and their beliefs, I don't believe is helpful. I do seek God on truth. I will ask Him on truth as it pertains to Him and His Kingdom, but I try not to move to assume other's beliefs when I am inquisitive - unless the Holy Spirit tells me exactly what another is thinking and even then, I try to be careful in not assuming too much but asking questions.
Last edited by John Tavner on January 27th, 2023, 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Valo
captain of 100

Post by Valo »

John Tavner wrote: January 27th, 2023, 10:30 am

a...o
To be clear, I asked you what YOU believe the law is and whether I am understanding your belief correctly. These questions are for clarification. If you believe that is the law, you could say "Yes" or "no" or "yes, but.." or "no, that is not what I mean..."
To be clear I believe what the Lord believes. If you are still struggling take it to the Lord.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

a...o
The mikeites dissemble

Valo
captain of 100

Post by Valo »

nightlight wrote: January 27th, 2023, 10:34 am

a...o
The mikeites dissemble
Fools mock.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Valo wrote: January 27th, 2023, 10:33 am

a...o
To be clear I believe what the Lord believes. If you are still struggling take it to the Lord.

Do you?

Matthew 10:27, KJV: What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Valo wrote: January 27th, 2023, 10:37 am

a...o
The mikeites dissemble
Fools mock.

I see you

Valo
captain of 100

Post by Valo »

nightlight wrote: January 27th, 2023, 10:39 am
Valo wrote: January 27th, 2023, 10:37 am

The mikeites dissemble
Fools mock.

I see you
If that was supposed to be something cool, I missed it cause Im so dumb.

Valo
captain of 100

Post by Valo »

7 ¶ The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

23 And I said unto him: Lord, the Gentiles will mock at these things, because of our weakness in writing; for Lord thou hast made us mighty in word by faith, but thou hast not made us mighty in writing; for thou hast made all this people that they could speak much, because of the Holy Ghost which thou hast given them; 24 And thou hast made us that we could write but little, because of the awkwardness of our hands. Behold, thou hast not made us mighty in writing like unto the brother of Jared, for thou madest him that the things which he wrote were mighty even as thou art, unto the overpowering of man to read them. 25 Thou hast also made our words powerful and great, even that we cannot write them; wherefore, when we write we behold our weakness, and stumble because of the placing of our words; and I fear lest the Gentiles shall mock at our words. 26 And when I had said this, the Lord spake unto me, saying: Fools mock, but they shall mourn; and my grace is sufficient for the meek, that they shall take no advantage of your weakness; 27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. 28 Behold, I will show unto the Gentiles their weakness, and I will show unto them that faith, hope and charity bringeth unto me—the fountain of all righteousness. 29 And I, Moroni, having heard these words, was comforted, and said: O Lord, thy righteous will be done, for I know that thou workest unto the children of men according to their faith; 30 For the brother of Jared said unto the mountain Zerin, Remove—and it was removed. And if he had not had faith it would not have moved; wherefore thou workest after men have faith. 31 For thus didst thou manifest thyself unto thy disciples; for after they had faith, and did speak in thy name, thou didst show thyself unto them in great power. 32 And I also remember that thou hast said that thou hast prepared a house for man, yea, even among the mansions of thy Father, in which man might have a more excellent hope; wherefore man must hope, or he cannot receive an inheritance in the place which thou hast prepared. 33 And again, I remember that thou hast said that thou hast loved the world, even unto the laying down of thy life for the world, that thou mightest take it again to prepare a place for the children of men. 34 And now I know that this love which thou hast had for the children of men is charity; wherefore, except men shall have charity they cannot inherit that place which thou hast prepared in the mansions of thy Father. 35 Wherefore, I know by this thing which thou hast said, that if the Gentiles have not charity, because of our weakness, that thou wilt prove them, and take away their talent, yea, even that which they have received, and give unto them who shall have more abundantly. 36 And it came to pass that I prayed unto the Lord that he would give unto the Gentiles grace, that they might have charity. 37 And it came to pass that the Lord said unto me: If they have not charity it mattereth not unto thee, thou hast been faithful; wherefore, thy garments shall be made clean. And because thou hast seen thy weakness thou shalt be made strong, even unto the sitting down in the place which I have prepared in the mansions of my Father. 38 And now I, Moroni, bid farewell unto the Gentiles, yea, and also unto my brethren whom I love, until we shall meet before the judgment-seat of Christ, where all men shall know that my garments are not spotted with your blood. 39 And then shall ye know that I have seen Jesus, and that he hath talked with me face to face, and that he told me in plain humility, even as a man telleth another in mine own language, concerning these things; 40 And only a few have I written, because of my weakness in writing. 41 And now, I would commend you to seek this Jesus of whom the prophets and apostles have written, that the grace of God the Father, and also the Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, which beareth record of them, may be and abide in you forever. Amen.

a...o

John Tavner
captain of 1,000

Post by John Tavner »

Bronco73idi wrote: January 27th, 2023, 9:56 am
John Tavner wrote: January 27th, 2023, 9:32 am
Bronco73idi wrote: January 27th, 2023, 8:56 am
John Tavner wrote: January 24th, 2023, 6:45 pm Not a challenging question, I"m more curious - What do you believe Jesus meant when He said in Matt 11: "29Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
I guess the question might better be posed as do you see that a future promise rather than one that can be applied now? Feel free to explain your views on this scripture.
On one hand everyone’s excuse, “I don’t know” about sin or “my circumstances are different”. So we have to go back to Moses 10 commandments.

To a celestial people the law is fulfilled in the sacrifice of the lamb of God, his only begotten son. Thus the law / word is in each and everyone.

To the spiritually blind and deaf only a portion of the law is fulfilled, like the sacrifices.
What do you mean by the law/word is in each and everyone?

Can you expound/ give an example of what you believe on your last sentence? Waht do you mean by "only a portion of hte law is fulfilled to the spiritually blind?

What do you mean by the law?
We are told that we have the gift of the Holy Ghost (celestial people) the Holy Ghost is the law / word.

"only a portion of the law is fulfilled to the spiritually blind?”

Paul had to tell people that homosexuality was a sin worthy of death. Obviously they don’t listen to the Holy Ghost so they then need to use the law the lord lived as a measure. The only thing that was fulfilled for them is the sacrifices because hopefully they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life for them. Baby steps…..

Ok, so the law is the Holy Ghost, and the Holy Ghost guides, but if one doesn't listen, the law isn't fully fulfilled in them like it should be as per your example? Do you beleive the law/Holy Ghost depending on their understanding = the yoke?
And I'm asking, again, not to combatitive, but to understand - So what makes the Yoke, easy? I'm trying really hard not to put words in people's mouths so that is why I'm not extrapolating more one what I think you might mean. What is the burden then, and what makes it light? And if I have missed it already, I apologize. Also what is it by these things that gives us rest to our souls/what does that mean?

John Tavner
captain of 1,000

Post by John Tavner »

a...o

I don't believe I'm struggling with the verse in question I have my own belief, which I also believe is the Lord's. Some of hte things mentioned in this thread have broadened my view and deepened my understanding if only because it has made me search deeper- regardless of whether what I believe the person said was correct or not, but I'm trying to understand what you believe the verse in question means. Right now, I'm really confused over how this interaction has been happening. Everyone always says they believe what the Lord believes. There are literally hundreds of religions out there all professing to have the truth - and they believe they believe as the Lord or at least think they do. Many God fearing Christians within them, who sincerely seek and love the Lord and manifest gifts of the Spirit and have the gift of Charity. If I were to go to the Lord and receive an answer that was different from your own belief and then make a statement that this is what "Valo" believes - even though it wasn't, but I believed it, would that help me to know what you believe? Would that not possibly create a potential for conflict?

Perhaps it is the wrong way to think of it, but if I am called to be a disciple (which I am, as are you) and someone asked me in what I was disciplined, but I just told them they need to search harder and ask God, God surely would give them information, if they pray in faith, but faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God, so even then, little shared means little ability to exercise faith, but I am also missing sharing the full measure of hte Kingdom of God. It is why in the scriptures God calls new converts "little children" they need milk, then meat. They are growing in the Lord and it is why God called as per Ephesians many people to strengthen them up in the faith so they come to a unity of Christ. IF you don't consider yourself one of those callings, I can respect a person saying "it isnt my calling, therefore I will not teach." I get that, but if you choose to teach then, please teach so we can come to a unity of hte faith and let the Spirit be your guide if you believe it is your guide. Even if I reject it, then it doesn't mean you failed, the whole purpose is to "sow, or water, and then God can bring hte increase."
Last edited by John Tavner on January 27th, 2023, 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Valo
captain of 100

Post by Valo »

28 Behold, I will show unto the Gentiles their weakness, and I will show unto them that faith, hope and charity bringeth unto me—the fountain of all righteousness. 29 And I, Moroni, having heard these words, was comforted, and said: O Lord, thy righteous will be done, for I know that thou workest unto the children of men according to their faith; 30 For the brother of Jared said unto the mountain Zerin, Remove—and it was removed. And if he had not had faith it would not have moved; wherefore thou workest after men have faith. 31 For thus didst thou manifest thyself unto thy disciples; for after they had faith, and did speak in thy name, thou didst show thyself unto them in great power.

a...o

Valo
captain of 100

Post by Valo »

John Tavner wrote: January 27th, 2023, 11:22 am

a...o

I don't believe I'm struggling with the verse in question I have my own belief, which I also believe is the Lord's. Some of hte things mentioned in this thread have broadened my view and deepened my understanding if only because it has made me search deeper- regardless of whether what I believe the person said was correct or not, but I'm trying to understand what you believe the verse in question means. Right now, I'm really confused over how this interaction has been happening. Everyone always says they believe what the Lord believes. There are literally hundreds of religions out there all professing to have the truth - and they believe they believe as the Lord or at least think they do. Many God fearing Christians within them, who sincerely seek and love the Lord and manifest gifts of the Spirit and have the gift of Charity. If I were to go to the Lord and receive an answer that was different from your own belief and then make a statement that this is what "Valo" believes - even though it wasn't, but I believed it, would that help me to know what you believe? Would that not possibly create a potential for conflict?
I testify to you that I am teaching you the words of the Lord. It's not my job to convince you. Yoi can believe or not believe. If you lack wisdom which you clearly do, ask God who abraideth not and giveth to all men liberally but ask in faith, nothing doubting.

Why do you want another man's opinion when you can get the Lord's truth? If were to share my own opinions I'd be a poor teacher and I'd be leading you astray. Maybe the problem is elsewhere?

Believe what you wish. Make your own conclusions. Everything is plainly before you.

a...o

John Tavner
captain of 1,000

Post by John Tavner »

Valo wrote: January 27th, 2023, 11:31 am

I testify to you that I am teaching you the words of the Lord. It's not my job to convince you. Yoi can believe or not believe. If you lack wisdom which you clearly do, ask God who abraideth not and giveth to all men liberally but ask in faith, nothing doubting.

Why do you want another man's opinion when you can get the Lord's truth? If were to share my own opinions I'd be a poor teacher and I'd be leading you astray. Maybe the problem is elsewhere?

Believe what you wish. Make your own conclusions. Everything is plainly before you.

a...o
It seems you have made your own assumptions rather than asking? What do you believe I am asking here? It's interesting when we place blame on others - I wonder if edification might have a greater effect than destruction? Do you feel threatened by my questions? That isn't the intention if so. They are honest inquiry with no intent to disagree.
Last edited by John Tavner on January 27th, 2023, 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Valo
captain of 100

Post by Valo »

John Tavner wrote: January 27th, 2023, 11:35 am

a...o
It seems you have made your own assumptions rather than asking?
Does it?
What do you believe I am asking here?
I believe you are asking nothing.
It's interesting when we place blame on others - I wonder if edification might have a greater effect than destruction?
Ok.

John Tavner
captain of 1,000

Post by John Tavner »

Valo wrote: January 27th, 2023, 11:39 am

a...o
Does it?
It's interesting when we place blame on others - I wonder if edification might have a greater effect than destruction?
Ok.

You have said it.

Then I suppose there is no more point to you responding if I am asking nothing :)

John Tavner
captain of 1,000

Post by John Tavner »

One of my favorite passages of scripture: 1 Cor 13:1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a ringing gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have absolute faith so as to move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and exult in the surrender of my body,a but have not love, I gain nothing. 4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no account of wrongs. 6Love takes no pleasure in evil, but rejoices in the truth. 7It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be restrained; where there is knowledge, it will be dismissed. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when the perfect comes, the partial passes away. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I set aside childish ways. 12Now we see but a dim reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 13And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love; but the greatest of these is love.

Back to focus of the thread! Looking forward to any other responses others may have. in regards to Thanks to those who participated so far!

Matt 11: 28Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am [f]gentle (or meek i.e. the greek word) and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

What does this mean to you? The Yoke? What makes it easy? the Burden? what makes it light? the Rest to ur souls? Being Heavy laden?
Last edited by John Tavner on January 27th, 2023, 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Valo
captain of 100

Post by Valo »

John Tavner wrote: January 27th, 2023, 11:43 am

a...o
Does it?
Ok.

You have said it.

Then I suppose there is no more point to you responding if I am asking nothing :)
Responding to nothing would be kinda crazy but you did ask for mercy and I took you at your word.

John Tavner
captain of 1,000

Post by John Tavner »

Valo wrote: January 27th, 2023, 11:50 am
Does it?
Ok.

You have said it.

Responding to nothing would be kinda crazy but you did ask for mercy and I took you at your word.

And still you are here , Sometimes nothing isn't nothing :) Thanks for the brief period you did respond. Hope you have a great day!

Valo
captain of 100

Post by Valo »

John Tavner wrote: January 27th, 2023, 11:52 am

Does it?

Ok.

You have said it.

And still you are here , Sometimes nothing isn't nothing :)
You asked for mercy. You stated that you are humble and teachable. That's the only reason I am still talking to you because you asked.

What I taught you is what the Lord has taught. It wasn't my opinion. Even though you asked me to be your teacher you reject me as your teacher. That's why your questions are meaningless because they have no substance/Spirit.

"Sometimes nothing, isn't nothing" is nonsense. Nothing is never something.

Clearly you aren't interested in what the Lord has to say.😄

John Tavner
captain of 1,000

Post by John Tavner »

Valo wrote: January 27th, 2023, 12:09 pm
You have said it.

You asked for mercy. You stated that you are humble and teachable. That's the only reason I am still talking to you because you asked.

What I taught you is what the Lord has taught. It wasn't my opinion. Even though you asked me to be your teacher you reject me as your teacher. That's why your questions are meaningless because they have no substance/Spirit.

Only if you think it isn't anything. One man's trash in another man's treasure. I was curious as to what YOU had to say. Please see the OP. I wanted YOUR ideas - which you claim come from the Lord, which is fine, I don't mind that, but when I ask further you seem to lash out and then you quote Michael and then you quote scripture, and when I inquire more you begin judge more. I am humble and willing to understand what YOU believe, yet you reject anyone who asks further questions and then imply they are unwise and foolish or prideful or whatever. I'm not saying this to accuse but for you to perhaps think about what you are doing. I don't care to continue to dialogue with you on this anymore, for various reasons . Your opinion of what I am interested in or not isn't at play here. I submitted and do submit to your poor judgments of me while not being judged in order to understand what you believe - so I humble myself and am willing to let you make untrue statements without self-defense because my goal is to understand and because I know my own heart and your judgments right or wrong don't determine who I am or what I do believe - it's the joy and peace I have received of having a light burden and an easy yoke in my life through Christ.

Perhaps sadly though, if I were seeking to be taught by you, by your actions you have taught me more about what you believe than you meant to, something to think about- I know I think about it all the time in regards to myself.
Last edited by John Tavner on January 27th, 2023, 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valo
captain of 100

Post by Valo »

John Tavner wrote: January 27th, 2023, 3:10 pm

Only if you think it isn't anything. One man's trash in another man's treasure. I was curious as to what YOU had to say. Please see the OP. I wanted YOUR ideas - which you claim come from the Lord, which is fine, I don't mind that, but when I ask further you seem to lash out and then you quote Michael and then you quote scripture, and when I inquire more you begin judge more. I am humble and willing to understand what YOU believe, yet you reject anyone who asks further questions and then imply they are unwise and foolish or prideful or whatever. I'm not saying this to accuse but for you to perhaps think about what you are doing. I don't care to continue to dialogue with you on this anymore, for various reasons . Your opinion of what I am interested in or not isn't at play here. I submitted and do submit to your poor judgments of me while not being judged in order to understand what you believe - so I humble myself and am willing to let you make untrue statements without self-defense because my goal is to understand and because I know my own heart and your judgments right or wrong don't determine who I am or what I do believe - it's the joy and peace I have received of having a light burden and an easy yoke in my life through Christ.
I believe as the Lord does. My ideas are His ideas. You got what you asked for but not what you wanted apparently! 😄

Again, did ye inquire of the Lord? If not, why not? If so good for you and keep seeking until ye see the truth as it has been taught by the Lord Jesus Christ, whom you profess to worship, yet you struggle to accept His words taught by someone who serves Him.

Maybe if the Spirit prompts me I'll respond again but I have nothing further to add then what the Lord has spoken and I invite you to study out the words as a child like you said you would and ask the Lord but you have to do it in faith.

31 For thus didst [the Lord] manifest [himself] unto [his] disciples; for afterthey had faith, and did speak in [his] name, [He] didst show [Himself]unto them in great power.

John Tavner
captain of 1,000

Post by John Tavner »

Valo wrote: January 27th, 2023, 3:26 pm
John Tavner wrote: January 27th, 2023, 3:10 pm

I believe as the Lord does. My ideas are His ideas. You got what you asked for but not what you wanted apparently! 😄
Haha it is obvious is it not? If I had, would I have kept asking questions? Questions to clarify? questions to understand more? Only you know why you wrote the last sentence, whether for you or me, only you know... well, and God :).

John Tavner
captain of 1,000

Post by John Tavner »

John Tavner wrote: January 27th, 2023, 11:48 am One of my favorite passages of scripture: 1 Cor 13:1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a ringing gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have absolute faith so as to move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and exult in the surrender of my body,a but have not love, I gain nothing. 4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no account of wrongs. 6Love takes no pleasure in evil, but rejoices in the truth. 7It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be restrained; where there is knowledge, it will be dismissed. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when the perfect comes, the partial passes away. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I set aside childish ways. 12Now we see but a dim reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 13And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love; but the greatest of these is love.

Back to focus of the thread! Looking forward to any other responses others may have. in regards to Thanks to those who participated so far!

Matt 11: 28Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am [f]gentle (or meek i.e. the greek word) and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

What does this mean to you? The Yoke? What makes it easy? the Burden? what makes it light? the Rest to ur souls? Being Heavy laden?
Ok back to the OP.