Is the Book of Mormon True?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.

Is the Book of Mormon the word of God?

Poll ended at January 29th, 2023, 7:51 am

100% True
87%
100% False
7%
Was true but has been altered to not be the word of God
7%

Total votes: 45
CaptainM
captain of 100

Is the Book of Mormon True?

Post by CaptainM »

Is God communicating with the world through the Book of Mormon?

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Is the Book of Mormon True?

Post by Niemand »

Yes, I think he has, but yes, there are also alterations. I swither on the last bit though, because some of the changes are minor and some are more significant.

Redpilled Mormon
captain of 100

Post by Redpilled Mormon »

I believe Book of Mormon is true. I don't know if it's been altered though, I was brought up believing any alterations were for spelling/grammar and not for content, but I'd like to be sure. I think we've got it (mostly) in its original not because the ldsccorp is filled with angels but because it is so crucial to their recruiting process to keep new money flowing in and so much more frequently read than any other scripture (especially by new recruits) that they don't dare to change it much, other than adding a bunch of headings to steer false interpretations of the text.

If someone knows about large alterations of actual doctrine presented in the Book of Mormon though, I want to know about it.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Redpilled Mormon wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 9:26 am I believe Book of Mormon is true. I don't know if it's been altered though, I was brought up believing any alterations were for spelling/grammar and not for content, but I'd like to be sure. I think we've got it (mostly) in its original not because the ldsccorp is filled with angels but because it is so crucial to their recruiting process to keep new money flowing in and so much more frequently read than any other scripture (especially by new recruits) that they don't dare to change it much, other than adding a bunch of headings to steer false interpretations of the text.

If someone knows about large alterations of actual doctrine presented in the Book of Mormon though, I want to know about it.
Maybe the Davidic Servant knows. :!:

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Redpilled Mormon wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 9:26 am I believe Book of Mormon is true. I don't know if it's been altered though, I was brought up believing any alterations were for spelling/grammar and not for content, but I'd like to be sure. I think we've got it (mostly) in its original not because the ldsccorp is filled with angels but because it is so crucial to their recruiting process to keep new money flowing in and so much more frequently read than any other scripture (especially by new recruits) that they don't dare to change it much, other than adding a bunch of headings to steer false interpretations of the text.

Some of the changes are minor, i.e. punctuation and changes between "Jnr." and "Jr.", but others involve the adding and subtracting of words.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Absolutely.❗️

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Yes, but I disagree with what we were taught about the storyline between Alma and Corianton. The doctrine Alma teaches is correct, but Corianton didn’t sleep with a harlot.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

Rather binary approach here it either 100% true or 100% false. No shades of grey here, no sir.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 27th, 2023, 5:58 pm Yes, but I disagree with what we were taught about the storyline between Alma and Corianton. The doctrine Alma teaches is correct, but Corianton didn’t sleep with a harlot.
...forgot you were there....

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

CaptainM wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 7:51 am Is God communicating with the world through the Book of Mormon?
nah...it was all a joke and all the efforts to get it out and disseminate it were just for show...blind the eyes and harden the hearts...up the contest with the Bible...

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Jason wrote: January 27th, 2023, 6:59 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 27th, 2023, 5:58 pm Yes, but I disagree with what we were taught about the storyline between Alma and Corianton. The doctrine Alma teaches is correct, but Corianton didn’t sleep with a harlot.
Hey, you can choose not to read the Nemenhah Record. I think it would bless your life.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 27th, 2023, 7:02 pm
Hey, you can choose not to read the Nemenhah Record. I think it would bless your life.
lol...

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

gkearney wrote: January 27th, 2023, 6:54 pm Rather binary approach here it either 100% true or 100% false. No shades of grey here, no sir.
What choice do you think is missing. :?:

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Jason wrote: January 27th, 2023, 7:06 pm
lol...
We’ll compare notes on the other side… you can come down to hell and give me the inside scoop. Deal?

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 27th, 2023, 7:08 pm
Jason wrote: January 27th, 2023, 7:06 pm

lol...
We’ll compare notes on the other side… you can come down to hell and give me the inside scoop. Deal?
If you say so...

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

gkearney wrote: January 27th, 2023, 6:54 pm Rather binary approach here it either 100% true or 100% false. No shades of grey here, no sir.
Do you take the same approach to the church? All or nothing?

And let me tell you, in the early history of the church, there were certainly many shades of gray.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

BeNotDeceived wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 9:31 am

This summer we will know with a surety :mrgreen:

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 27th, 2023, 7:51 pm

And let me tell you, in the early history of the church, there were certainly many shades of gray.
I don’t take the all or nothing approach to the church or to almost anything else.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Okay....let's be real

Do you think a man named Lehi really cross the ocean with his family to land in the Americas?

Yes or no?

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Bronco73idi wrote: January 27th, 2023, 8:49 pm

There will be no mike standing in the summer

BND will move the goal post in the 🍁🍂

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

nightlight wrote: January 28th, 2023, 12:00 am
Bronco73idi wrote: January 27th, 2023, 8:49 pm

There will be no mike standing in the summer

BND will move the goal post in the 🍁🍂
It could go down

similar to the opening

of the seventh seal as per march8miracle.org

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

nightlight wrote: January 27th, 2023, 11:54 pm
Okay....let's be real

Do you think a man named Lehi really cross the ocean with his family to land in the Americas?

Yes or no?
I think it very likely that the fundamental story line is true. That someone that the Book of Mormon identifies as Lehi did cross the ocean with his family at about that time.

However I am unwilling to bank on all the details of that story or that Lehi was somehow unique in taking such a journey.

Put another way I believe in what the Book of Mormon and other scriptures teach us as true but I do not have a testimony of the historiography of scripture.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

This is a fair enough comment on the Book of Mormon. The edition we use in the church today is not the same as the one from 1830. Words and phrases have been altered.

There are also people who think that the Book of Mormon has spiritual value but does not describe literal history.

anonymous91
captain of 100

Post by anonymous91 »

Niemand wrote: January 28th, 2023, 2:13 am

This is a fair enough comment on the Book of Mormon. The edition we use in the church today is not the same as the one from 1830. Words and phrases have been altered.

There are also people who think that the Book of Mormon has spiritual value but does not describe literal history.
Recently I've been considering if the reason that we can't find any archaeological evidence to support the Book of Mormon is potentially people are looking in the wrong place.

I've often thought that we are being lied to about the earth, and what we are told it "supposedly" is. Questions such as:

• Why do old maps show land masses that no longer exist (or so we are led to believe)?
  • Why did Admiral Byrd talk about finding new land beyond Antarctica, then quickly recanted when he was a well-respected individual that had nothing to gain from such a tale?
  • Why do people on the "supposed" Space Station" use CGI, hidden wire harnesses, and other tricks to attempt to convince people that they are floating in space? If they are really in space, why the deception?
  • How in the world did NASA lose the data to travel back to the moon? One of the most important discoveries in the history of man, yet they were so incompetent in handling the sensitive data that they didn't even consider redundancy?
  • Why are people routinely stopped in uncharted waters by Military vessels, and told to turn around? Why are trips to Antarctica so regulated where people are allowed to explore? They claim it's for their safety, but is it really? What are they afraid that people will discover?
  • How is it possible that a spaceship made up of mostly aluminum and stainless steel was able to withstand upper atmospheric temperatures that "science" claims would completely melt both of these metals?

While pondering and researching these questions, I stumbled over something I found very interesting. It seems that someone that goes by the name "stergios" realized that the surface of the moon could actually be a map of the world we live on. He methodically mapped out the surface of the moon throughout all of the lunar cycles, and found something very fascinating, here is one of the images shown below:

There are videos and articles that go into more depth. Here is just one of the videos that explain more about this map & theory:

From what I understand is that the moon we see is considered to be a plasma image, that was taken sometime in the distant past (similar to an x-ray picture) that some speculate could have been taken after God created the earth and that the moon bears witness of his creation (as above, so below). Of course, then there is also a lot of proof for a hollow earth with its own sun. In several apocalyptical accounts of the Adam & Eve story, for example, it seems that Adam & Eve were actually within Hollow Earth (where some believe the Garden of Eden is also located).

All of this to ask, what if the promised land that Lehi, Nephi, and family ended up discovering was actually land beyond what we know of? I believe that on the "moon map," this area is referred to as "Terra Vista", or possibly land within the hollow earth. That would explain why there are no known archaeological discoveries being discovered.

Things start clicking into place, and all of a sudden it becomes apparent why all of the subterfuge from TPTB. It answers the question of why we are led to believe that we live on a finite planet with limited resources, we are stuck in the sandbox, and are living the "Truman Show".

This explains why they had to convince us that the moon landing was real, and just a planet. What would happen if we discovered its true purpose? If we are led to believe it's just a boring moon rock floating in space, why think that there is something more to it?

It explains a lot of questions for me, and some of the puzzle pieces seem to fit. It would also explain where the lost tribes all of a sudden come from in the last days, I always wondered about that too. It sure would alter the way that future events could potentially play out; if you were to consider that there are lands that we aren't even aware of.

I'd imagine that for a lot of people, it will cause cognitive dissonance. Rather than consider it as a possibility, and attempt to question if it is even possible, many will choose to completely dismiss it altogether as some whacky conspiracy theory. I understand that it's not easy to have your worldview shatter.

I invite you to at least look into it, and see if there is anything that resonates with you. Share your thoughts.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

anonymous91 wrote: January 28th, 2023, 4:04 am
Niemand wrote: January 28th, 2023, 2:13 am

Recently I've been considering if the reason that we can't find any archaeological evidence to support the Book of Mormon is potentially people are looking in the wrong place.

I've often thought that we are being lied to about the earth, and what we are told it "supposedly" is. Questions such as:

• Why do old maps show land masses that no longer exist (or so we are led to believe)?
  • Why did Admiral Byrd talk about finding new land beyond Antarctica, then quickly recanted when he was a well-respected individual that had nothing to gain from such a tale?
  • Why do people on the "supposed" Space Station" use CGI, hidden wire harnesses, and other tricks to attempt to convince people that they are floating in space? If they are really in space, why the deception?
  • How in the world did NASA lose the data to travel back to the moon? One of the most important discoveries in the history of man, yet they were so incompetent in handling the sensitive data that they didn't even consider redundancy?
  • Why are people routinely stopped in uncharted waters by Military vessels, and told to turn around? Why are trips to Antarctica so regulated where people are allowed to explore? They claim it's for their safety, but is it really? What are they afraid that people will discover?
  • How is it possible that a spaceship made up of mostly aluminum and stainless steel was able to withstand upper atmospheric temperatures that "science" claims would completely melt both of these metals?

While pondering and researching these questions, I stumbled over something I found very interesting. It seems that someone that goes by the name "stergios" realized that the surface of the moon could actually be a map of the world we live on. He methodically mapped out the surface of the moon throughout all of the lunar cycles, and found something very fascinating, here is one of the images shown below:

There are videos and articles that go into more depth. Here is just one of the videos that explain more about this map & theory:

From what I understand is that the moon we see is considered to be a plasma image, that was taken sometime in the distant past (similar to an x-ray picture) that some speculate could have been taken after God created the earth and that the moon bears witness of his creation (as above, so below). Of course, then there is also a lot of proof for a hollow earth with its own sun. In several apocalyptical accounts of the Adam & Eve story, for example, it seems that Adam & Eve were actually within Hollow Earth (where some believe the Garden of Eden is also located).

All of this to ask, what if the promised land that Lehi, Nephi, and family ended up discovering was actually land beyond what we know of? I believe that on the "moon map," this area is referred to as "Terra Vista", or possibly land within the hollow earth. That would explain why there are no known archaeological discoveries being discovered.

Things start clicking into place, and all of a sudden it becomes apparent why all of the subterfuge from TPTB. It answers the question of why we are led to believe that we live on a finite planet with limited resources, we are stuck in the sandbox, and are living the "Truman Show".

This explains why they had to convince us that the moon landing was real, and just a planet. What would happen if we discovered its true purpose? If we are led to believe it's just a boring moon rock floating in space, why think that there is something more to it?

It explains a lot of questions for me, and some of the puzzle pieces seem to fit. It would also explain where the lost tribes all of a sudden come from in the last days, I always wondered about that too. It sure would alter the way that future events could potentially play out; if you were to consider that there are lands that we aren't even aware of.

I'd imagine that for a lot of people, it will cause cognitive dissonance. Rather than consider it as a possibility, and attempt to question if it is even possible, many will choose to completely dismiss it altogether as some whacky conspiracy theory. I understand that it's not easy to have your worldview shatter.

I invite you to at least look into it, and see if there is anything that resonates with you. Share your thoughts.
Yes, I will share my thoughts. Most of that reply didn't have much to do with the Book of Mormon at all!!!

However if you do want to discuss Hollow Earth theory, there is a thread here:
viewtopic.php?t=2806

Also numerous ones discussing the Apollo missions, Antarctica etc.

I'll give you bonus points for originality. I have heard the BoM described as occuring in every corner of the Americas, East Africa, the British Isles, New Zealand and Malaysia, but never inside the Earth. The Hollow Earth explanation for the BoM is a new one on me!

It gives a new meaning to:
I speak unto you as the voice of one crying from the dust. ( 2 Nephi 33:13)
Underground would count as "from the dust" I suppose. 😂