Nobody asked for this, but here are my thoughts on everything (ongoing project)

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Nobody asked for this, but here are my thoughts on everything (ongoing project)

Post by Original_Intent »

This thread is going to be a place for me to put some thoughts that I have had over the years. Probably will be a weird combination of philosophy, conspiracy, economics, politics, and whatever burr I have under my saddle at the moment. Some basic guidelines of what to expect from me and what I hope to get in responses.

I expect some of these posts to be pretty lengthy, and early on I will probably cover a lot of “no-duh!” material that I think are probably self-evident, common sense and I realize will just be a big yawn to most people. But I feel it is important, in general to lay down some foundational ideas and move on from there.

I expect I will break rule number 1. Sometimes I may jump to some more advanced idea without laying down the groundwork because I want to capture the thought while I am having it.

I will try to highlight important points for those that what to skim thru, and then you can read more in depth on anything that catches your opinion.

From you, I hope for criticism, agreement, and comment but I hope we can avoid derails (and I know I am guilty of derailing a few good threads)

Early on I will be including a good amount of material about myself. This isn’t narcissism, but I want you to know why I think the way I do and if anything, this makes me feel that I will be vulnerable. Please don’t take undo advantage, but on the other hand, by all means feel free to point out that I am wrong and why.

I intend to point out a lot of problems with the status quo and also many proposed solutions. I hope for a lot of input on my observations and problems with my suggested fixes.

I’m almost for sure going to make some people angry. I give you my promise that I will try to be sensitive and not be a jerk, but I also know my personality type is that I can often be a jerk unintentionally.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Re: Nobody asked for this, but here are my thoughts on everything (ongoing project)

Post by Juliet »

I look forward to your posts!

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Nobody asked for this, but here are my thoughts on everything (ongoing project)

Post I: In the “beginning”

We were all born into this world, and even at birth we were a combination of internal traits (based on some or all of our pre-existent spirit, our genetic makeup, and the environment we have been experiencing in our mother’s womb. Not to get into an argument about the pre-existence, as I want to start from a place that everyone including atheists can agree is self-evident. So, in essence, we are all born with a unique blend of qualities – physical, mental, a mostly undeveloped personality. Starting from the very beginning, no two kids are going to process identical inputs the same. The end result might appear the same I.e. a loud noise input may result in crying output, but it is my belief that the loud noise is still affecting each individual in subtly different ways and how they process new information.

During the early years of our lives, if we have good parents, they are going to try to give us a template of what reality is. With all the best of intentions they are going to try to impose their religious and other beliefs on their child. Not everyone has good parents, and among both good and bad parents they are going to have varying degrees of strictness or how hard are they going to try to force their beliefs and norms onto their offspring. Some kids are going to be very malleable and try to please their parents and others in their circle of influence, others will resist to varying degrees, and some will be very stubborn from day one. And from there we have an infinite variety of how the parents react to that, how the kids react to the parents' reaction, etc. ad infinitum. (This is probably one of those long, boring, self-evident and seemingly pointless rambles.)

As we continue to grow, teachers and friends add to this mix of interactions, and based on our personality and theirs, we go thru a complex process of shaping our belief system. I consider this an alchemical process of accepting or rejecting what “ingredients” we accept into the magical blend of what makes you YOU. It can almost seem that free will doesn’t exist as how we respond (how we CHOSE) could be argued to be pre-determined by all that has led up to that point. Let’s put of that discussion for now, as that could rapidly become a deep philosophical discussion. Right now let’s stay with a basic foundation of ideas.

At some point (early teens for most, I think) we go thru a period where we become aware that we have been largely programmed by our parents (hopefully not in a bad way and hopefully with the understanding of their good intentions in doing so) but again based on our personality, there is a tendency to rebel and to determine that we want to live our own life. In some cases the awareness comes, but they find themselves largely in agreement with what their parents taught them and so (I think a vast minority) either don’t really rebel, or they rebel in a very quiet, non-confrontational way. For many this probably is all sub-conscious and they don’t really consciously take ownership of their development, they just resist being - educated, trained, or normalized to society. I’m not making a judgement on this I think this can produce some profoundly good or profoundly bad effects.

As we live our lives, I think many people just try to get by (how can I know I don’t know others hearts and minds, but at least there is an outward appearance of this.) Essentially, like everything else there are varying degrees of self-awareness, self-examination, ability to recognize (and attempt to counter) confirmation bias and so on. Bottom line is we each either end up falling down a bunch of rabbit holes (or not) depending on stimulus and our unique response.

Which brings us to, in short, roughly 8 billion unique belief systems – not all that we would call “logical” but in fairness we must concede that everyone has reasons for thinking as they do. While some today make the argument that all are equally valid I.e. “we each have our own truth” I believe we must acknowledge that there are some objective truths and that conforming our existence to conform with objective truth will lead to success, thriving and happiness, and constantly not accepting that is likely to result in frustration and failure. This is not to say that we should simply accept that the way things are is the way they have to be – far from it! But we do need to accept objective fact as the way things are NOW in order to create and execute a plan to the way we would like things to be.

We have all gone down these unique rabbit-holes of thought, and realistically we have to realize that we are FOR SURE wrong about some things that we are sure we are right about, we MAY be right about some things that we have considered but have our doubts about. Most if not all of us need to acknowledge that we have a strong tendency to accept information that supports our current belief (I think this tends to grow stronger with age, when we are young, we are smart enough to know that we don’t know) and also a strong tendency to reject information that does not fit in well with our current belief system. This can result in anger and other negative feelings, and if we somewhat believe that the uncomfortable information might be correct, this causes cognitive dissonance which is unpleasant and also encourages us to stop thinking about that.

The takeaway of this entry is that we all have things to learn from each other and we all have things to teach each other. Seeking to find what someone can teach you before focusing on what you can teach them is a very successful tactic, but our nature is not to do this.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post II: Why this post, now?

This may seem like a bit of a vanity project, and truth is there is probably an element of that.

I'm getting on in years and have wanted to write a book for a long time. I blogged for a while and will probably add some of that content here.

I have been a fan of the Socratic method ever since I knew what that was. So in part this is me just laying things out and part of the reason is to see if there is any inconsistency of thought. And I dunno, feeling my mortality I'd like to leave something for my sons and wife to maybe understand me in ways that maybe currently they don't. And whenever I started trying to write something, I just didn't know how to start. This has been the case for YEARS. I did write a 20-odd page booklet called Jubilee Year during my 50th year (this is my 60th year, I turn 60 in September)

So, I thought, "Self, you know you can post on LDSFF, and who knows if you have another ten or twenty years, that could add up to quite a bit! and if not, at least it is a way to start one thought at a time." So yeah, I am journaling online in a public forum. I'll keep it as true as I can; I may be wrong about some of my ponderings, I may mis-remember stuff from decades past - but it will be the truth as best I can provide and the unvarnished truths and thoughts that I would want my family and descendants to have. Maybe it will be of some value or at least entertainment to some of you here. A combined journal, autobiography, philosophy, etc. and worth every penny of the price.

Consider this "The words of Kevin" part of my record. :)

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

here are my thoughts on everything (ongoing project)

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Original_Intent wrote: January 20th, 2023, 10:37 pm Post II: Why this post, now?

This may seem like a bit of a vanity project, and truth is there is probably an element of that.

I'm getting on in years and have wanted to write a book for a long time. I blogged for a while and will probably add some of that content here.

I have been a fan of the Socratic method ever since I knew what that was. So in part this is me just laying things out and part of the reason is to see if there is any inconsistency of thought. And I dunno, feeling my mortality I'd like to leave something for my sons and wife to maybe understand me in ways that maybe currently they don't. And whenever I started trying to write something, I just didn't know how to start. This has been the case for YEARS. I did write a 20-odd page booklet called Jubilee Year during my 50th year (this is my 60th year, I turn 60 in September)

So, I thought, "Self, you know you can post on LDSFF, and who knows if you have another ten or twenty years, that could add up to quite a bit! and if not, at least it is a way to start one thought at a time." So yeah, I am journaling online in a public forum. I'll keep it as true as I can; I may be wrong about some of my ponderings, I may mis-remember stuff from decades past - but it will be the truth as best I can provide and the unvarnished truths and thoughts that I would want my family and descendants to have. Maybe it will be of some value or at least entertainment to some of you here. A combined journal, autobiography, philosophy, etc. and worth every penny of the price.

Consider this "The words of Kevin" part of my record. :)

Me too, since Kevan Walker didn’t keep his commitment.

The Walker Quake was something, but it wasn’t anybody’s best showing.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Quick Note I: This may not be good for you, but this project is definitely something I need

Last night, I slept the best I have in months. I need to continue this, but I think this project was something that my psyche needed badly.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

My "introduce Yourself" thread serves a similar purpose for me.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Original_Intent wrote: January 20th, 2023, 10:37 pm….I'm getting on in years and have wanted to write a book for a long time…I turn 60 in September)…
Awesome OI! I will try to play Socratic tennis with you & return at least an occasional shot. And I’ve appreciated your input on my own “random thoughts” thread (in the heretical sub forum since most of my thoughts would be considered heretical 😄). Journaling - putting thoughts & feelings into words is godly, I think - “the Word was God.” And allowing others to hear your thoughts (free speech) helps improve them, & sometimes helps us feel more connected.

I thought you were much younger… maybe because of the head banger look you’ve sported at times. 😁

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Thinker wrote: January 21st, 2023, 12:58 pm
Original_Intent wrote: January 20th, 2023, 10:37 pm….I'm getting on in years and have wanted to write a book for a long time…I turn 60 in September)…
Awesome OI! I will try to play Socratic tennis with you & return at least an occasional shot. And I’ve appreciated your input on my own “random thoughts” thread (in the heretical sub forum since most of my thoughts would be considered heretical 😄). Journaling - putting thoughts & feelings into words is godly, I think - “the Word was God.” And allowing others to hear your thoughts (free speech) helps improve them, & sometimes helps us feel more connected.

I thought you were much younger… maybe because of the head banger look you’ve sported at times. 😁
You can take the head out of the banging, but you can't take the banging out of the head.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Original_Intent wrote: January 21st, 2023, 1:08 pmYou can take the head out of the banging, but you can't take the banging out of the head.
Right on, Dude! 🤙🏼 😅
I’ve done some of my own head banging & I had the 80’s tumble weed mullet. But as I get older & especially after having kids, I’m softer & turn to more peaceful music mostly, to balance with the chaos. Yet, every now & then I just need to hear heavier stuff. Maybe it’ll be that way until I’m 100 or so…

Jim Bruer - metal 😁
https://youtu.be/F7OL-acoe9g

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Autobiography The Ogden years age part I age 0-5

A lot of uninteresting crap that only my posterity will care about, but I will bold some things that we important, formative events that may help others.

I was born in Ogden, Utah to Ted and Elaine Kappen September 15, 1963. Mom and Dad deserve, and I hope will get their own dedicated posts later. We only understand ourselves if we understand where we came from (or at least it makes it infinitely easier.)

I spent the first few years living in poverty, but I was too young to know that, and I never lacked for anything, but Mom and Dad were struggling.

Dad was raised Lutheran and Mom was raised LDS, but both of them were completely non-practicing. I was the first-born, this was Dad's third marriage (divorces) and Mom's second (previous husband committed suicide.

We lived in a bad part of a bad town. Even though I don't remember, something important happened here.

A lady whose name I don't remember was an LDS nursery teacher. When I was probably two or three, she offered my mom to take me to nursery each Sunday. Wow. Talk about extending your stride! There are no low callings, only low performance. This lady's service had PROFOUND eternity ripples that are simply impossible to comprehend, both for our own family but the ripples that each of us have had on others. It really makes you realize how relatively small actions can have consequences, both for good or bad, that we simply have no idea are possible.

This lady eventually moved. I loved nursery and continually pestered my mom to take me to church, and eventually she did. When I was 3 or 4 we moved to Washington Terrace which was a much better part of town - by which I mean mostly lower middle class to middle class. At this point my dad went from working in a bar to being an appliance salesman for a small company called Sparrow's Appliance.

Mom and dad fought a lot. During these early years I remember a constant fear of mom and dad getting divorced. I think there may have been a few times of dad staying at a hotel a day or two. My sister Kim was born also, in fact that may have been part of what motivated the move from honestly the slums of Ogden.

Before I started school I had my first dream that was very impactful and while I don't remember it clearly, I remember remembering it clearly well into my early adult life. I think Mom had taken me to see Pinnochio, and I dreamt of the Blue Fairy. The Blue Fair told me that if I believed in something enough I could accomplish ANYTHING. And I asked "Even fly?" and she answered "YES!" I literally spent the next day outside either flapping my arms or just trying to "have enough faith". I can't emphasize enough what I learned from this and what a touchstone this entire experience was for my life. Most won't understand, they will think this is just a dumb, childish thing. This is unfortunate if true.

I also had two waking visions before I started kindergarten. One was mildly scary and one was terrifying. These experiences make me think that perhaps kids that are afraid of monsters actually may be seeing something real in another dimension. Or it could also be that they simply don't understand the difference between imaginary and real. There are multiple explanations, I guess what matters is the experiences were real.
The first less frightening was as I lay in bed one night, a snake came down from my bedroom curtain and put it's mouth over my nose and mouth and was trying to steal my breath. How strange, this isn't even what snakes do. But it was so real and again really stuck in my mind. I still have my bedspread from then because it matched the curtains and it always reminded me of this vision that felt important. Decades later in my late 40s I used a CPAP machine due to sleep apnea. One morning for some reason the CPAP machine stopped working (power outage?) but as I woke up suffocating, this immediately was confirmed that somehow as a child I had a moment that was outside of time. The hose from the CPAP machine in the dim light of early morning was in exactly the position of the snake and the mask was the mouth of the snake trying to steal my breath. A lot of people will disregard this or say "What would be the purpose of this?" or even think I am making this up or mis-remembering the earlier thing. Wrong.

The second more scary experience was while lying in bed, I saw what looked like an exceedingly white (brilliantly glowing) lamb on it's hind legs standing in the hallway outside the door to my bedroom. It was on its hind legs and was beautiful and had the most beautiful blue eyes, But I saw in those eyes hatred for me and that this being wished nothing more than my complete erasure from existence. It is impossible to convey this hatred, but I felt it. I remember feeling both that I knew it could not harm me, but it was still so terrifying that something COULD hate me so much. I crawled out of bed and crawled past it without looking at it and crawled to my parents' bedroom and slept on the floor and felt safe. This is another dream that made a huge impression and stayed with me even until this day, I can still remember this lamb and what it looked like. I have felt most of my life that this was either THE DEVIL (Satan, Lucifer, or some other powerful demon. I wondered maybe if we had history from the pre-existence (not at the time, this was considered much later in life). Having studied a good bit of Jung, I wonder if this was my first encounter with my shadow - this makes a lot of sense as I am sure I was at the time blaming myself for my parents fighting and I was probably pushing a lot of my identity into the shadow, and yes, the shadow can hate your ego and resent being pushed into the shadow. Who the heck knows, it is something that is important to me. I also have considered and been told in my patriarchal blessing that Satan is mindful of me and that I need to be careful to avoid the snares he lays for me. Whatever it was this was an important event.

This all was pre-kindergarten.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Autobiography Ogden Years Part II: Age 5- ~10or 11

I started school a bit early, I turned 5 a bit over two weeks after starting kindergarten. I vaguely remembered being tested and "they" decided I could start school. Mom worked with me a lot on learning alphabet, colors and other basics that had me a bit ahead of most and also Mom constantly told me how smart I was so definitely I had a lot of support and confidence building in that regard. I loved school, math and science especially, but I also like coloring and creative stuff.

At age 5 or 6 I did miss some school as I often had severe stomach pain. Doctor said it was just gas pains, but I was convinced that I was probably dying. It hurt REALLY badly. I remember praying that I would not die young and I remember even as a little kid very much wanting to have a family of my own and especially finding love. I never went thru a "Girls have cooties" phase, I still remember the girl I had a crush on in kindergarten, a different girl in first grade and another in 2nd grade. And then my best friend's little sister until we moved to Bluebell at age 11. LOL.

Something important happened during this time of stomach pains. I got my first answer to prayer. I was told that I would live to age 40. I thought all of my life that I might die at age 40, but I also realized that I might live past that and the promise would still be fulfilled. When age 40 came and went, I thought maybe the meaning was 40 years from the time that I got the answer so 45 or 46. It was after that when I came to understand the significance of 40, and it is possible that the meaning was simply that I would live a full life and have the opportunity to have the experiences that I wanted. At any rate, now at age 60 I simply am grateful for the promise and the peace it gave to a scared little kid.

My parents had been taking me sometimes to LDS church and sometimes to my Dad's church - I think Lutheran(?) Really, Dad had little use for religion at all but I think my paternal grandparents were pushing for me to get something other than LDS (They were VERY anti-LDS and in truth wanted Dad back with wife #2 even though she had cheated on Dad) They did not like him being married to someone that was even just barely LDS.

When I was ages 5-6, Mom started taking missionary discussions. Dad would not attend or participate, but apparently he would listen in from the kitchen nook. One night he was visited by his father who had passed on, and he told Dad that his ancestors needed him to join the church because there was no one that would do their temple work. Dad up until now was a drinker and a two-packs per day smoker. He quit all of that cold turkey that night and never smoked or drank again. He called the missionaries and said that he wanted to be baptized. The missionaries told him that they had just decided to stop teaching our family as they felt it was going nowhere. Dad got baptized around my 7th birthday and was able to baptize me when I turned 8. I remember the church's water heater went out and I was baptized in cold water, and Dad could hardly talk thru his chattering teeth! A week after I was baptized our family was sealed in the Logan temple.

The next few years were largely uneventful. I had a few good friends. my dad went to work as an appliance salesman at Sears and was the top salesman of Utah and Idaho two years.

When I was ten, the WiFi murders happened near where we lived in Washington Terrace. The doctor that delivered me was killed there, you can still Google it if you are interested. It was a national story at the time - very vicious. This encouraged my parents to decide to move, and the decided on a small Utah town called Bluebell. My mom grew up there and still had a lot of family in the area, and we also had spent a lot of vacation time there and my Dad got along really great with his brother in laws. Card playing mostly, I remember Pinocle was a favorite. Dad moved out first and oversaw the building of our house and also started work as a water truck driver in the oilfield.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I especially appreciate you relating that your dad "was visited by his father who had passed on, and he told Dad that his ancestors needed him to join the church because there was no one that would do their temple work." Thank you for that.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Philosophy I: Varying Circumstances

This is going to be one of those posts that I will need to tread lightly because I know it could trigger some people.

I had a stake president, he and his wife had a son with severe Down's syndrome.

They asked a GA what the deal was with their son. Like they were told there was no need for him to be baptized because he would never reach the ability to be accountable. Like, even in his late teens he had pretty much no awareness of anything. He never walked, never learned to speak a word and was pretty much unable to respond to others speaking to him. He wasn't comatose, and occasionally he would make a throaty noise, but I don't think he was even trying to convey anything.

Anyways, they were told that he and others like him had advanced so far in the pre-existence that they needed no real test. They needed to come get a body and that was it. And perhaps that was the case, but I think a case could be made that he was not very advanced and basically lived a life that was even below the cognition of a house pet. I honestly think that there could be cases of both. I am going somewhere with this and please if I have offended anyone already, I apologize. This isn't meant to be personal, it's a thought exercise. Maybe also the parents and siblings were advanced in the pre-existence and that made them able to cope with and help their son and brother.

I had a friend (we became friends after my mission) He never served one and he said that he had studied and prayed and tried to get an answer about the Book of Mormon, and he never had and that was why he felt like going on a mission would have been a waste. And this guy was a great guy and based on what he told me and some other friends, I think that he really did pour his heart out and very diligently sought the spirit and "the promise" of the Book of Mormon wasn't fulfilled for him, and yet other people clearly didn't have to go thru all that (I suppose) and they got answers and this was frustrating to him and he wondered why. He REALLY wanted to know and still did. But he had never had even a spiritual experience that he recognized as such. (He eventually did, went on to marry in the temple, etc. He was also one of the smartest people I ever knew, and I have rubbed shoulders with many super intelligent people.

Which brings me to the point, I guess talking about some of the experiences I had even at a young age could seem braggy or I just realized today could cause people who have struggled or wished to have that kind of experience to think negatively of me or even worse themselves.

So, two things. One is it 100% is not a worthiness issue. If it was based on worthiness, and I had an experience, almost anyone other than the very worst of people could have one. I'm not humble bragging, I am dead serious. Even AFTER the many experiences I have had, I have been a very poor servant even when I was trying, and I haven't always tried.

Bragging about stuff like that would be like bragging about being 6'3" - it might be something that you are glad about, but it is nothing to be proud of - you didn't do anything to accomplish that. Same goes with high intelligence - yes you may have studied a lot and learned a lot, but there was some combination of factors that made you love learning and made puzzles fall into place for you where the next person would be completely at a loss. Like I have said elsewhere, this can go for a lot of things and I think this is a critical lesson to learn regarding race, sexuality, even a murderer or worse - in these latter cases definitely I am not saying condone those actions, but I do think - have a little compassion. Circumstances happen.

There was a kid I went to Jr. High with who he and I competed for who we NOT the shortest male in our grade. This kid had a mean streak and I was a bookwork so you can guess how that went. We never got in a fight and I wouldn't say he bullied me, but he did pick on me and was just mean. I found out decades later that his father prostituted him and his sister out to oilfield workers since they were early teens, possibly even earlier. My feeling went from really disliking this guy and not thinking very highly of him to having such respect for him that he was even able to function and really compared to what he went thru he was an absolutely amazing guy. So even though I am against the LGBTQ agenda and the lifestyle disgusts me (not the people, the lifestyle) I see some of the posts here about people who "sin differently than we do" and it really breaks my heart - not for the targets of their hate and anger but the people expressing and using derogatory language. I mean, I did that back in high school, and I get everyone is at their own understanding, but I wish people who are talking about building Zion one moment would try harder.

Regarding the experiences that I have had, I believe in MMP or at least I think something like it. I can imagine that at some "between mortalities" interview I might have said something like "Oh, sure, they were good but they had all those visions and I never did!" and God just saying "Fine, let's see how you do with the heavens opened to you (at least more) and I can see myself being shown that it didn't really make a difference and I still have made a poor performance of my life even with a lot of help.

I'll add a third point - there is always a price to pay. Some of the times that I had an experience I really went thru severely negative experiences (think the darkness that Joseph Smith Jr. wrestled with before the first vision.) One of the most sublime experiences of my life was preceded by being literally prostrated to the Lord begging for help because I didn't feel like I could go on - not suicidal (I know it sounds like it) but in some way it was WORSE than suicidal. Sometimes the price comes afterwards with added accountability.

Anyways, I've probably beaten that dead horse, and I truly hope I did not offend.

Also, I think I am going to take a break on this project, this is not feeling so good as it did when I started and I need to re-evaluate.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

The End: and New beginning

I've decided this project wasn't well thought out.

My initial idea was kind of a magnum opus. I feel like I have solutions to many world problems and kind of a cool big picture of things. But I tend to overshare and get into a lot of details that really aren't appropriate for this audience.

What I have done so far I think is stuff that may be interesting to my posterity. I know I wish I had more than the few pages that Dad jotted down and afaik next to nothing by mom. There is so much importance to knowing about your past that helps you both understand yourself and also see where your forbears were strong, where they were weak and perhaps why their circumstances made them act as they did and ultimately how all of that distills down to you. But largely I think the autobiography needs to be more of a private project not online.

I will say part of my reasoning for doing it was my experiences are kind of my resume which I felt would help later when I finally "get to the point" lay out the philosophy and the ideas and solutions so even if you disagreed, you would at least see where I was coming from. But I think I was heading down a path that I was going to spend so long building my foundation, that almost no one wanted to read.

Like I said, I am glad I did this is I think I can take what I have done so far and use it as a start to the large plates of Kevin. :)

I'm also going to concurrently be doing a couple other projects that will probably just jump right into 1) what I see as common sense solutions to many of the world's problems, and 2) just general philosophical; and economic thoughts. And I look forward to conversations both supportive and in disagreement so that I can refine the ideas.

Anyhoo, thanks and love y'all a bunch!

anonymous91
captain of 100

Post by anonymous91 »

There's a writing tool that I've used in the past, that you may find useful. It's called "Scrivener", and you may find it useful for this project.

One of the cool features is their corkboard feature, which is similar to notecards. For example, let's say today you write about one random story, and then tomorrow you write about another, and so on, and so forth. Each of these stories will be in its own section, and you can rearrange these easily using the software program.

Here's a good review of the latest version of the features of Scrivener: