Torah is still Valid

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
ransomme
captain of 1,000

Re: Torah is still Valid

Post by ransomme »

NationDeseret wrote: January 21st, 2023, 8:09 am
ransomme wrote: January 21st, 2023, 6:53 am
NationDeseret wrote: January 21st, 2023, 6:16 am
ransomme wrote: January 21st, 2023, 3:50 am

Yes

So knowing that why do you still take up that name?

And speaking of baptism, the only name that you should be taking upon yourself is Christ Jesus.
In veneration of the groups which served God before me.
The Danite's failed to understand simple Gospel principles from the 10 commandments to when aggression is justified they were not faithful followers of the Way.
You preach das Juden Gospel of Meekness!
“Some time later God tested Abraham. He said to him, “Abraham!” “Here I am,” he replied. Then God said, “Take your son, your only son, whom you love—Isaac—and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on a mountain I will show you.” Early the next morning Abraham got up and loaded his donkey. He took with him two of his servants and his son Isaac. When he had cut enough wood for the burnt offering, he set out for the place God had told him about. On the third day Abraham looked up and saw the place in the distance. He said to his servants, “Stay here with the donkey while I and the boy go over there. We will worship and then we will come back to you.” Abraham took the wood for the burnt offering and placed it on his son Isaac, and he himself carried the fire and the knife. As the two of them went on together, Isaac spoke up and said to his father Abraham, “Father?” “Yes, my son?” Abraham replied. “The fire and wood are here,” Isaac said, “but where is the lamb for the burnt offering? Abraham answered, “God himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son.” And the two of them went on together. When they reached the place God had told him about, Abraham built an altar there and arranged the wood on it. He bound his son Isaac and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. Then he reached out his hand and took the knife to slay his son. But the angel of the Lord called out to him from heaven, “Abraham! Abraham!” “Here I am,” he replied. “Do not lay a hand on the boy,” he said. “Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son.” Abraham looked up and there in a thicket he saw a ram[a] caught by its horns. He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son. So Abraham called that place The Lord Will Provide. And to this day it is said, “On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided.” The angel of the Lord called to Abraham from heaven a second time and said, “I swear by myself, declares the Lord, that because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son, I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me.” - Genesis 22:1-18

“Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known; Then shalt thou enquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you; Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword. And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the Lord thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again. And there shall cleave nought of the cursed thing to thine hand: that the Lord may turn from the fierceness of his anger, and shew thee mercy, and have compassion upon thee, and multiply thee, as he hath sworn unto thy fathers; When thou shalt hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, to keep all his commandments which I command thee this day, to do that which is right in the eyes of the Lord thy God.“ - Deuteronomy 13:13-19
"5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth." - Jesus, Matthew 5

Careful not to misunderstand meek. Moses was meek. David was meek. Jesus was the meekest of all. The Atonement with the crucifixion was the epitome of meekness.

Also, it is helpful to brush up on God's approach to violence and power.

This musings makes some interesting points.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Thinker wrote: January 19th, 2023, 9:56 am In Judaism,
“ 1.The Talmud is the most vital manuscript of conventional Judaism.
2.The Talmud is the basic tool for learning the ethics behind the customs of Judaism.”

The Talmud is considered the lens by which the Torah is interpreted.

Quotes from the Jewish Talmud: (Note that ‘goy’ is anyone not Jewish)

“If a ‘goy’ (Gentile) hits a Jew he must be killed.” (Sanhedrin 58b)
* “If a Jew finds an object lost by a ‘goy’ it does not have to be returned.” (Baba Mezia 24a)
* “If a Jew murders a ‘goy’ there will be no death penalty.” (Sanhedrin 57a)
* What a Jew steals from a ‘goy’ he may keep.” (Sanhedrin 57a)
* “Jews may use subterfuges to circumvent a ‘goy.’” (Baba Kamma 113a)
* “All children of the ‘goyim’ (Gentiles) are animals.” (Yebamoth 98a)

“The ‘goyim’ are not humans. They are beasts.” (Baba Mezia 114b)
* “If you eat with a ‘goy’ it is the same as eating with a dog.” (Tosapoth, Jebamoth 94b)
* “Even the best of the ‘goyim’ should all be killed.” (Soferim 15)

Now you can check off your daily scripture reading. ;)
reads like the Koran

NationDeseret
captain of 10

Post by NationDeseret »

ransomme wrote: January 21st, 2023, 1:47 pm
NationDeseret wrote: January 21st, 2023, 6:16 am

In veneration of the groups which served God before me.
The Danite's failed to understand simple Gospel principles from the 10 commandments to when aggression is justified they were not faithful followers of the Way.
“Some time later God tested Abraham. He said to him, “Abraham!” “Here I am,” he replied. Then God said, “Take your son, your only son, whom you love—Isaac—and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on a mountain I will show you.” Early the next morning Abraham got up and loaded his donkey. He took with him two of his servants and his son Isaac. When he had cut enough wood for the burnt offering, he set out for the place God had told him about. On the third day Abraham looked up and saw the place in the distance. He said to his servants, “Stay here with the donkey while I and the boy go over there. We will worship and then we will come back to you.” Abraham took the wood for the burnt offering and placed it on his son Isaac, and he himself carried the fire and the knife. As the two of them went on together, Isaac spoke up and said to his father Abraham, “Father?” “Yes, my son?” Abraham replied. “The fire and wood are here,” Isaac said, “but where is the lamb for the burnt offering? Abraham answered, “God himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son.” And the two of them went on together. When they reached the place God had told him about, Abraham built an altar there and arranged the wood on it. He bound his son Isaac and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. Then he reached out his hand and took the knife to slay his son. But the angel of the Lord called out to him from heaven, “Abraham! Abraham!” “Here I am,” he replied. “Do not lay a hand on the boy,” he said. “Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son.” Abraham looked up and there in a thicket he saw a ram[a] caught by its horns. He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son. So Abraham called that place The Lord Will Provide. And to this day it is said, “On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided.” The angel of the Lord called to Abraham from heaven a second time and said, “I swear by myself, declares the Lord, that because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son, I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me.” - Genesis 22:1-18

“Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known; Then shalt thou enquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you; Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword. And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the Lord thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again. And there shall cleave nought of the cursed thing to thine hand: that the Lord may turn from the fierceness of his anger, and shew thee mercy, and have compassion upon thee, and multiply thee, as he hath sworn unto thy fathers; When thou shalt hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, to keep all his commandments which I command thee this day, to do that which is right in the eyes of the Lord thy God.“ - Deuteronomy 13:13-19

Careful not to misunderstand meek. Moses was meek. David was meek. Jesus was the meekest of all. The Atonement with the crucifixion was the epitome of meekness.

“The quality of being meek; softness of temper; mildness; gentleness; forbearance under injuries and provocations; unrepining submission.” Essentially being a feeble sheep for the slaughter instead of a child of God who stands up for what’s right. Turning the other cheek is the words most misinterpreted Bible verse! Midnight Mormons have a good video on that you can check out.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

NationDeseret wrote: January 21st, 2023, 2:01 pm

“The quality of being meek; softness of temper; mildness; gentleness; forbearance under injuries and provocations; unrepining submission.” Essentially being a feeble sheep for the slaughter instead of a child of God who stands up for what’s right. Turning the other cheek is the words most misinterpreted Bible verse! Midnight Mormons have a good video on that you can check out.
Do you think that Moses who confronted Pharoah, or David who slew Goliath, or Jesus who partook of the bitter cup was feeble? If you don't think that they were feeble, then maybe seek what the Godly attribute of meekness means. Don't look to Oxford. That's not what meekness in the Bible means, especially the unrepining submission (unless it is to the Lord God). There is a much deeper context and meaning. There are seasons to stand and seasons to submit. There is wisdom in knowing which is which.

And yes turning the other cheek is poorly understood today.

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

I'll be reading the Torah again but only because I want to better understand why the Israelites were God's chosen people and why they were so evil. I'm a Gentile and only a grafted branch and wish to understand this better. I'm reasonably certain that our pre-existence was the deciding factor as to where and when we would be born.

Mike

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

I think the torah correlates with Adam, like how the new & everlasting covenant correlates with Christ .

We don't throw Adam under the bus in lieu of a new Adam (Jesus), just as the Torah isn't thrown under the bus in lieu of a new covenant.

NationDeseret
captain of 10

Post by NationDeseret »

ransomme wrote: January 21st, 2023, 2:20 pm

Do you think that Moses who confronted Pharoah, or David who slew Goliath, or Jesus who partook of the bitter cup was feeble? If you don't think that they were feeble, then maybe seek what the Godly attribute of meekness means. Don't look to Oxford. That's not what meekness in the Bible means, especially the unrepining submission (unless it is to the Lord God). There is a much deeper context and meaning. There are seasons to stand and seasons to submit. There is wisdom in knowing which is which.

Meekness is weakness if it’s not to God and his governing authorities ONLY! Being meek is for children and women ONLY! And we are children of God so it makes sense. There is no meekness of the Bible. The is no repentance of the Bible. Saying just repent or be meek are oversimplifications. So I shall look to Oxford.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

NationDeseret wrote: January 21st, 2023, 3:26 pm

Meekness is weakness if it’s not to God and his governing authorities ONLY! Being meek is for children and women ONLY! And we are children of God so it makes sense. There is no meekness of the Bible. The is no repentance of the Bible. Saying just repent or be meek are oversimplifications. So I shall look to Oxford.
You do realize that the Bible was not written in English or in the modern West?

CaptainM
captain of 100

Post by CaptainM »

You might want to check this out. The Torah as we know it is in great doubt. The scrolls of Moses show we have been tricked by the Levites. Don’t know what to say. We cannot rely upon men.

NationDeseret
captain of 10

Post by NationDeseret »

ransomme wrote: January 21st, 2023, 3:39 pm
NationDeseret wrote: January 21st, 2023, 3:26 pm

You do realize that the Bible was not written in English or in the modern West?
Research KJV only. The Inspired version completes it in preparation for the end times. It’s the perfect Bible.

NationDeseret
captain of 10

Post by NationDeseret »

CaptainM wrote: January 21st, 2023, 5:09 pm You might want to check this out. The Torah as we know it is in great doubt. The scrolls of Moses show we have been tricked by the Levites. Don’t know what to say. We cannot rely upon men.
“Teacher in Zion - Spiritual teachings grounded in Scripture and the Spirit of Revelation through the Holy Spirit. Based in Independence, Missouri, we explorer topics primarily of interest to those who believe the Bible and the Book of Mormon to be the word of God. However, we do not endorse, nor are we associated with any church denomination. We encourage everyone to forsake dead religion for a personal relationship with the living Christ. He alone is the head of His church, and His church is not a denomination, but comprised of all those people, everywhere, who believe on Jesus and make a covenant with Him. Jesus Christ alone is the way, the truth, and the life!” 🤨

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

NationDeseret wrote: January 21st, 2023, 6:43 pmResearch KJV only. The Inspired version completes it in preparation for the end times. It’s the perfect Bible.
lol

As I've said elsewhere. An idol and stumbling stone to this church, where scriptures meet superstition.

NationDeseret
captain of 10

Post by NationDeseret »

abijah wrote: January 21st, 2023, 7:52 pm
NationDeseret wrote: January 21st, 2023, 6:43 pmResearch KJV only. The Inspired version completes it in preparation for the end times. It’s the perfect Bible.
lol

As I've said elsewhere. An idol and stumbling stone to this church, where scriptures meet superstition.
[MODERATOR EDIT]

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

NationDeseret wrote: January 21st, 2023, 8:11 pm
lol

No one cares troll.
haha suckle on your idols then 🍼 anyone who thinks the KJV (or the 'inspired version') is the only thing worth studying is a fool.

Actual superstition.

NationDeseret
captain of 10

Post by NationDeseret »

abijah wrote: January 21st, 2023, 8:23 pm
lol

No one cares troll.
haha suckle on your idols then 🍼 anyone who thinks the KJV (or the 'inspired version') is the only thing worth studying is a fool.

Actual superstition.
KJV = Authorized Version JST = Inspired Version
The Joseph Smith translation is a revision of the KJV.

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

NationDeseret wrote: January 21st, 2023, 8:50 pm
abijah wrote: January 21st, 2023, 8:23 pm
abijah wrote: January 21st, 2023, 7:52 pm lol

No one cares troll.

Actual superstition.
KJV = Authorized Version JST = Inspired Version
The Joseph Smith translation is a revision of the KJV.
oh my gosh, ur totally right.

:lol: damn i hate when that happens

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

CaptainM wrote: January 20th, 2023, 3:56 pm
NationDeseret wrote: January 20th, 2023, 3:16 pm
Luke wrote: January 20th, 2023, 2:55 pm
CaptainM wrote: January 20th, 2023, 2:13 pm Personally I am nauseated by anything coming from BY. Have a great day.
Personally, I am nauseated by those who are nauseated by what comes from BY. Will still try and love you all though ;)
Imagine having something against the teachings of the second prophet of the restoration. I smell progmo lol.
Sorry to disappoint you, and to be the bearer of bad tidings, but your opinion is only 23% valid on this forum. Maybe you'd be appreciated elsewhere.
Like Luke, I will pray for my enemies.
Brigham Young was a tyrant and a horn dog and the worst thing that happened to the restoration, most if not all what people hate about what they think about the restoration came from his stone cold lustful heart.

Here is an article I wrote showing parallels of Brigham Young and King Noah going through Mosiah 11 – Mosiah 22.
https://seekingyhwh.org/2017/07/04/king-brigham/

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Luke wrote: January 20th, 2023, 4:05 pm
CaptainM wrote: January 20th, 2023, 2:13 pm Personally I am nauseated by anything coming from BY. Have a great day.
Personally, I am nauseated by those who are nauseated by what comes from BY. Will still try and love you all though ;)
Imagine having something against the teachings of the second prophet of the restoration. I smell progmo lol.
Unfortunately half the people on this forum think that BY and co. murdered Joseph and Hyrum in order to institute polygamy, something they claim that the Smith brothers had nothing to do with.

They are in for a rude awakening.
That is what happened. https://seekingyhwh.org/resources/joseph-smiths-murder/

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

NationDeseret wrote: January 20th, 2023, 4:10 pm
CaptainM wrote: January 20th, 2023, 3:56 pm

Sorry to disappoint you, and to be the bearer of bad tidings, but your opinion is only 23% valid on this forum. Maybe you'd be appreciated elsewhere.
Like Luke, I will pray for my enemies.
“Opinion.” Follow the prophet. I’m not disappointed as I just joined today. I don’t care where I’m appreciated. God’s word is to be heard among all people no matter if they agree with it. The only “people” I don’t preach to are sons and daughters of perdition.
Here is something D&C 76 teaches that people don't like. LDS / Brighamite church teaches to follow a prophet, but D&C 76 warns us if we do, you'll go to the telestial kingdom [lowest glory] for doing so.

D&C (LDS 76:98-100) (RLDS 76) (1835 91) (1844 92)
98 And the glory of the telestial is one, even as the glory of the stars is one; for as one star differs from another star in glory, even so differs one from another in glory in the telestial world; 99 For these are they who are of Paul, and of Apollos, and of Cephas. 100 These are they who say they are some of one and some of another—some of Christ and some of John, and some of Moses, and some of Elias, and some of Esaias, and some of Isaiah, and some of Enoch;

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

NationDeseret wrote: January 20th, 2023, 5:44 pm
Luke wrote: January 20th, 2023, 5:27 pm
NationDeseret wrote: January 20th, 2023, 4:14 pm
Luke wrote: January 20th, 2023, 4:05 pm

Unfortunately half the people on this forum think that BY and co. murdered Joseph and Hyrum in order to institute polygamy, something they claim that the Smith brothers had nothing to do with.

They are in for a rude awakening.
The good thing for people like us is that I bought a website for my organization a few days ago. I’ll be hosting a phBB forum on it for members of the Church and of the group in a week or so. https://danite.org
What is your organisation?
I only created it less than a week ago. It’s called the Danite Legion. Named after the two groups the Danites and the Nauvoo Legion. I’m making flyers to recruit people in my state. A fellow Saint offered to help code without me asking is the only news. The goal is to create a community of Saints who follow all the prophets to help fight the culture war and preach the Word of God.
Danites are not good.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Niemand wrote: January 20th, 2023, 6:28 pm
abijah wrote: January 20th, 2023, 5:44 pm
Niemand wrote: January 19th, 2023, 5:06 pm The Talmud is so vast that few Jews have ever read it, and no one can memorise it all.

The bits I have read vary a lot. There are some parts of the Talmud which contain worthwhile and maybe even godly teachings, while others are plain blasphemous. The main fault thst the Talmud has is that it promotes Pharasaical interpretations of the Torah.
Yeah basically. The Talmud -- and rabbinic Judaism more broadly as a whole -- is altogether a post-christian cope. They literally had to change their whole religion to account for rejecting the messiah and then subsequently getting demolished/scattered by Rome in 70 AD.

This was a point christians were making, in the short period of time in-between the Resurrection 34 AD and the destruction of the temple I'm 70 AD ----> that soon the time was coming that christian worship (where Jesus is the ultimate temple/holy-place) would be the only way to continue to be able to legitimately worship the God of Israel.

Rabbinic Judaism was a reaction to Christianity. The Judaism of today bears very little semblance to the worship of YHWH anciently.

The talmud = cope scripture. (and definitely nothing to do with the torah)
Jesus and the Talmud represent very different strands of Judaism. There were also others such as the Samaritans, Karaites and Arabian Jews who all survived into the present day and the Saducees who didn't.

The Talmudists are the heirs of the Pharisees, those who Jesus described as straining for gnats and missing the point of the law. The kind of people who see a text about not cooking a kid ìn its mother's milk and then say you can't eat chicken with cheese as a result, or take agricultural advice to be referring to sideburns. Ultra-pedants.

But that said, from the fraction of the Talmud I've seen it contains everything from extremely anti-Christian material to sentiments few Christians could disagree with. There are folk tales in there alongside high brow philosophical/theological material.

The last gasp of NT era Judaism was probably the Bar Kokhba Revolt in the 130s.
Abraham ate cheese and meet together, and so did David. So much what people think of Torah is actually false traditions of men because they don't know the scriptures on the subject. https://seekingyhwh.org/resources/kosher/ . And in some degree people don't know what their leaders used to teach.

If the people were willing to receive the true knowledge from heaven in regards to their diet they would cease eating swine’s flesh. I know this as well as Moses knew it.
Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, Vol 12, 1868-04-06, page 192-193, WikiSource

Eating pork is a more serious breach of the word of wisdom than drinking tea or coffee. – George Teasdale, Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, The Word of Wisdom: From Principle to Requirement, 1981, pg 79

We are told that swine’s flesh is not good, and that we should dispense with it; JD. V.12:221&223. George Q. Cannon 7 Apr 1868

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

harakim wrote: January 21st, 2023, 12:57 am
SJR3t2 wrote: January 20th, 2023, 12:38 pm
harakim wrote: January 20th, 2023, 1:42 am
I still think the Torah may be in place for Jews (all Israelites), although I am reconsidering after a discussion in another thread. However, it never applied to non-Israelites. I do think you can learn from following the Torah's laws, but I also think you can learn from most difficult or unusual lifestyles. This lifestyle was specifically designed as a contrast to Babylon so it will likely provide more avenues of growth for people than one taken at random (since most people live a Babylon-influenced lifestyle). If you feel like you should try it, then do, and also be sure you don't forget the weightier matters of the law. (There is no temple so I don't know if you could fulfill the sacrifices portion anyway which I have heard makes up the majority.)

I guess what I'm saying is for gentiles, the law is not required. You will get benefits because of the contrast, just like any other activity and you will get benefits from trying to do the right thing, just like anything you try, but I don't think it will offer any unique or spiritual benefits.
2 Nephi (LDS 29:7-9) (RLDS 12:55-63)
A 7 Know ye not that there are more NATIONS than one?
-B Know ye not that I, the Lord [YHWH] your God [ELOHIM], have CREATED ALL MEN,
--C and that I REMEMBER those who are upon the ISLES OF THE SEA;
---DA and that I RULE in the heavens above and in the earth beneath;
---DB and I BRING FORTH my WORD unto the children of men,
----E yea, even upon all the NATIONS of the earth?
-----F 8 Wherefore murmur ye, because that ye shall RECEIVE MORE of my WORD?
------G Know ye not that the TESTIMONY of TWO NATIONS is a WITNESS unto you that I am GOD [ELOHIM],
------G that I REMEMBER one NATION like unto ANOTHER?
-----F Wherefore, I SPEAK THE SAME WORDS UNTO ONE NATION LIKE UNTO ANOTHER.
----EA And when the two NATIONS shall run TOGETHER
----EB the testimony of the two NATIONS shall run TOGETHER also.
---DA 9 And I do this that I may PROVE unto many that I AM THE SAME YESTERDAY, TODAY, AND FOREVER;
---DB and that I SPEAK FORTH my WORDS according to mine own pleasure.
--C And because that I have spoken one word YE NEED NOT SUPPOSE THAT I CANNOT SPEAK ANOTHER;
-B for MY [YHWH ELOHIM] WORK is not yet finished;
A neither shall it be until the end of MAN, neither from that time henceforth and forever.

Leviticus 24:22 You will have one manner of law as well for the stranger as for the native for I AM Yahweh your Elohim.

Numbers 15:16 One law and one manner shall be for you, and for the stranger that sojourneth with you.
It is true that all nations are allowed to offer sacrifices are there are requirements on them while they are in the land of Israel. Yet we can see there were differences. For example, Levites had certain responsibilities that others did not.
Lehites were NOT in the land of Israel.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

ransomme wrote: January 21st, 2023, 2:42 am
NationDeseret wrote: January 20th, 2023, 1:43 pm
CaptainM wrote: January 20th, 2023, 1:28 pm
NationDeseret wrote: January 20th, 2023, 1:15 pm

Jews love that Christians have been duped into believing that their religion came first. Christianity has existed since the time of Adam. They’re the enemies of Christ but you can’t hate them for that. Simply rebuke their deceptions and try your best to remain Christlike.
Welcome to the forum. Great points made. I don't hate Jews. The time is coming when they will take the lead in the restoration and the gentiles will be adopted in with them. Once there was a time I wished that I was a Jew.

What I do hate is the evil deceptions coming from the modern Pharisees (Orthodox Jews) who are not really Jewish at all, but fake Jews. They control the great and abominable church of the devil, and started and infiltrated the Catholic Church in the first centuries after Christ's mortal ministry. The Jesuits are the main secret combination from which all the rest have come from. The first Jesuits were fake Jews.

Again, welcome to the forum.

In Christ. Best wishes...
Sounds like you’ve fell for one of their greatest lies. They’re Edomites not Jews. We’re all one under Christ whether Jew or gentile. That includes the race we consider Semitic today. The real Jews are the Irish, Scots and Germans. The Israelites however include all Western Europeans. That’s why Joseph Smith is an Ephraimite despite being a total white guy. Also, Brigham Young taught whites are Gods chosen people.
That's not how genetics works.
And Adam and Eve and all the way to Noah had at the very least medium to olive skin tones. The gene expression of "white" skin came later.

Give me a break, as if skin color means anything. You are spouting junk as bad as the scripturally disprovable nonsense of Cain's curse/mark being black skin.
Black/White skin is a Hebrew idiom, and in fact the BoM shows this by the fact that Nephites and Lamanites could not tell each other apart by sight aka their skin color.
https://seekingyhwh.org/resources/black-skin/

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

NationDeseret wrote: January 21st, 2023, 3:15 am
ransomme wrote: January 21st, 2023, 2:56 am
NationDeseret wrote: January 20th, 2023, 5:44 pm
Luke wrote: January 20th, 2023, 5:27 pm

What is your organisation?
I only created it less than a week ago. It’s called the Danite Legion. Named after the two groups the Danites and the Nauvoo Legion. I’m making flyers to recruit people in my state. A fellow Saint offered to help code without me asking is the only news. The goal is to create a community of Saints who follow all the prophets to help fight the culture war and preach the Word of God.
You do realize the things that the Dante's did right? And that Joseph Smith called them a *"secret combinations", right?

* Joseph Smith, History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 7 volumes, edited by Brigham H. Roberts, (Salt Lake City: Deseret Book, 1957), 3:179
Yes. Are you baptized?
Instead of addressing the statement and history you go off do you follow Nelson as a prophet? How lame. Question for you what fruits does Nelson have of the titles you and him claim he has?

In Matt 7:15-20 Jesus teaches us that we shall know prophets by their fruits. Matt 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Jesus did not say you shall know their fruits of being a prophet after you believe you believe they are a prophet. On the contrary, Jesus is showing us one important principle of not being deceived. Before you can know that some is the title that they claim to have from God, you must know of their fruits. We must have knowledge of the fruits of the title before we can study it out in our minds before we take it to the Lord for confirmation that the title comes from Him, see D&C 9:8.
https://seekingyhwh.org/2015/10/04/in-h ... yesterday/

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Niemand wrote: January 21st, 2023, 3:54 am
Robin Hood wrote: January 21st, 2023, 3:50 am
Thinker wrote: January 19th, 2023, 9:56 am In Judaism,
“ 1.The Talmud is the most vital manuscript of conventional Judaism.
2.The Talmud is the basic tool for learning the ethics behind the customs of Judaism.”

The Talmud is considered the lens by which the Torah is interpreted.

Quotes from the Jewish Talmud: (Note that ‘goy’ is anyone not Jewish)

“If a ‘goy’ (Gentile) hits a Jew he must be killed.” (Sanhedrin 58b)
* “If a Jew finds an object lost by a ‘goy’ it does not have to be returned.” (Baba Mezia 24a)
* “If a Jew murders a ‘goy’ there will be no death penalty.” (Sanhedrin 57a)
* What a Jew steals from a ‘goy’ he may keep.” (Sanhedrin 57a)
* “Jews may use subterfuges to circumvent a ‘goy.’” (Baba Kamma 113a)
* “All children of the ‘goyim’ (Gentiles) are animals.” (Yebamoth 98a)

“The ‘goyim’ are not humans. They are beasts.” (Baba Mezia 114b)
* “If you eat with a ‘goy’ it is the same as eating with a dog.” (Tosapoth, Jebamoth 94b)
* “Even the best of the ‘goyim’ should all be killed.” (Soferim 15)

Now you can check off your daily scripture reading. ;)
Pretty shocking... but no worse than the attitude of Gentiles towards the Jews.
Pogroms, Holocaust etc
Look at some of the rubbish we have like "the prophet will never lead you astray", or "lying for the lord."
Abinadi is telling us that prophets can and have fallen into transgression.

Mosiah (LDS 15:13) (RLDS 8:46-47) Yea, and are not the prophets, every one that has opened his mouth to prophesy, THAT HAS NOT FALLEN INTO TRANSGRESSION, I mean all the holy prophets ever since the world began? I say unto you that they are his seed.