LDS Church Changes Pres Benson's Talk

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: LDS Church Changes Pres Benson's Talk

Post by Niemand »

Trucker wrote: January 20th, 2023, 7:29 pm
Niemand wrote: January 20th, 2023, 7:29 pm
Trucker wrote: January 20th, 2023, 7:28 pm Does anyone have a pic or screen grab of Elder Rasband with the UN Agenda 2030 pin on his lapel? Someone showed it to me through the LDS library app but I haven't been able to find it online.
It's on this forum.
A link would be appreciated. I can't find it.
Can't remember. But it is on here.

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

"Elder Rasband with the UN Agenda 2030 pin on his lapel"

viewtopic.php?p=1342080#p1342080
"Re: 15 min. cities / New Digital Prisons / SLC is on the map
Post by Reluctant Watchman » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:39 am

Wow, these guys have the same preference in pins. How uncanny.
"
:arrow:

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 19th, 2023, 4:14 pm Do you think the ban was political?
It was BY's racial prejudice coming to the fore. Joseph didn't care if black men were ordained to the priesthood, but from what I hear, BY was livid that a black man should have that after the "saints" were chased out.

In Deseret, he preached that a white person marrying a black person was a sin worthy of blood atonement (a sin Jesus wouldn't or couldn't cover, so you had to be killed to atone for it) - the whole family needed to be murdered.

That's pretty strong racial hatred right there.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Shawn Henry wrote: January 20th, 2023, 5:17 am The OP erroneously attributes these talks to President Benson, as if someone later changed the words of a prophet. These talks were given by Elder Benson and most of his anti-communism rhetoric was as a junior apostle. I'm unaware of any such talks while he was the prophet.

Was he right? Hell yes! The First Presidency, however, always exercises the right to change the talks of their subordinates. Yes, it is unfortunate for truth's sake but there is no foul ball here.
There was a talk that was called I Testify. I think it was the last general conference he was allowed to speak at (dementia, but they hid it, even from his own family according to Benson's grandson). He didn't say "communism", but he did say there was a secret combination seeking to overthrow the freedom of all nations. It seems to me that they shut him up pretty dang quick after that.

I testify that wickedness is rapidly expanding in every segment of our society. (See D&C 1:14–16; D&C 84:49–53.) It is more highly organized, more cleverly disguised, and more powerfully promoted than ever before. Secret combinations lusting for power, gain, and glory are flourishing. A secret combination that seeks to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations, and countries is increasing its evil influence and control over America and the entire world. (See Ether 8:18–25.)
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... y?lang=eng
And remember, Benson worked in Washington D.C. I'm sure he wasn't blind to the plans to destroy the US' and the world's freedom.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Subcomandante wrote: January 20th, 2023, 4:42 pm
ransomme wrote: January 19th, 2023, 11:24 pm
Subcomandante wrote: January 19th, 2023, 3:06 pm
ransomme wrote: January 19th, 2023, 11:57 am

What would your disclaimer say, communism isn't a thing anymore so don't worry, be happy?
The disclaimer would go something like this:

This talk was given during the height of the Cold War, and as such the most visual enemy of the Church (largely an American institution at the time) was the encroachment of communism to many nations around the world. Today communism is no longer considered the grave threat that it was in Elder Benson's time, however, there are many organizations out there who have similar tactics in subterfuge, and people should be ever vigilant not to join these groups. Remember that we are not supposed to support any organization whose principles and teachings contradict those taught by the LDS Church.
Oh ok. Nicely started stated that you clearly didn't understand what he was saying, or what is going on in the world today.
I understand VERY well what is going on in the world today. You guys are looking through a lens of 50 years gone by, without realizing that there are sinister people on pretty much every side of the political realm vying for everyone's attention.

In the future, there will be no United States of America, no Russia, no China, no Mexico, no nation. There will be Zion.

I await that day with anxiousness. Because then many things will be revealed that NONE of us understand today. Not even to the hundredth part.

For then there will be ONE ruler, and those called to be His Servants.

His name?

Jesus Christ.

For that reason, the Church is not injecting itself into a nation's politics, like what was the case before. They are letting the nations do as they want, sewing the seeds of their own destruction.

Why?

They have rejected repeated counsel of the prophets.

What is their punishment?

The Book of Mormon lays it out. They will fall. Those among them that are repentant will help the House of Israel build Zion.
I don't know about "we" but I am not looking at main states at all. Nations are just other pieces on the board. Look beneath the board and what do you see? Culture war, ideologies, secret combinations, etc. It's in these places that "communism" is alive and well. It's about the hearts and the minds... The souls of people, of our brothers and sisters

Look at the Gadianton robbers, they infiltrated the government and wore it as clothing. Nations are simply tools that are handy for accumulating power, gain and using force.

And if course it will all come to an end, that's not in dispute.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Silver Pie wrote: January 20th, 2023, 11:06 pm
Shawn Henry wrote: January 20th, 2023, 5:17 am The OP erroneously attributes these talks to President Benson, as if someone later changed the words of a prophet. These talks were given by Elder Benson and most of his anti-communism rhetoric was as a junior apostle. I'm unaware of any such talks while he was the prophet.

Was he right? Hell yes! The First Presidency, however, always exercises the right to change the talks of their subordinates. Yes, it is unfortunate for truth's sake but there is no foul ball here.
There was a talk that was called I Testify. I think it was the last general conference he was allowed to speak at (dementia, but they hid it, even from his own family according to Benson's grandson). He didn't say "communism", but he did say there was a secret combination seeking to overthrow the freedom of all nations. It seems to me that they shut him up pretty dang quick after that.

I testify that wickedness is rapidly expanding in every segment of our society. (See D&C 1:14–16; D&C 84:49–53.) It is more highly organized, more cleverly disguised, and more powerfully promoted than ever before. Secret combinations lusting for power, gain, and glory are flourishing. A secret combination that seeks to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations, and countries is increasing its evil influence and control over America and the entire world. (See Ether 8:18–25.)
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... y?lang=eng
And remember, Benson worked in Washington D.C. I'm sure he wasn't blind to the plans to destroy the US' and the world's freedom.
YUP! I dedicated an entire chapter to President Benson's work and all his talks as President of the church in my book By A Thread. He knew exactly what he was talking about. Also note that he chose to be buried in his home town of Whitney, Idaho instead of with most of the others in SLC. He is the only president who is buried outside Utah other than Joseph Smith.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

marc wrote: January 21st, 2023, 6:13 am Also note that he chose to be buried in his home town of Whitney, Idaho instead of with most of the others in SLC. He is the only president who is buried outside Utah other than Joseph Smith.

Most interesting. I did not know that. Very telling, IMO.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Note that both Ezra Taft Benson and J. Reuben Clark worked in Washington, DC, and for the U.S. FedGov. And both indicated awareness of what I believe is the new world order conspiracy.

President J. Ruben Clark, speaking in the October 1949 General Conference, said: "Do not think that all these usurpations, intimidations, and impositions are being done to us through inadvertancy or mistake, the whole course is deliberately planned and carried out; its purpose is to destroy the Constitution and our Constitutional government."

President Benson, speaking in the October 1988 General Conference, said: "Secret combinations lusting for power, gain and glory are flourishing. A secret combination that seeks to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations and countries is increasing its evil influence and control over America and the entire world."

I can imagine many U.S. government officials have been and are now aware in some ways of the NWO conspiracy.

Congressman Charles Lindbergh, (father of the famous aviator), speaking of the Federal Reserve Act in Congress, stated "This Act establishes the most gigantic trust on Earth. When the President signs this bill, the invisible government by the Monetary Power will be legalized, the people may not know it immediately, but the day of reckoning is only a few years removed ... The worst legislative crime of the ages is perpetrated by this banking bill."

President John F. Kennedy, in a speech at Columbia University in 1963, the days before he was assassinated, said: "The high office of the president has been used to foment a plot to destroy America's freedom, and before I leave office, I must inform the citizens of their plight."

Congressman John R. Rarick (D-LA), in a 1971 speech on the floor of the House of Representatives, stated: "The Council on Foreign Relations...uses individuals and groups...to justify the high level decisions for converting the U.S. from a sovereign Constitutional Republic into a servile member state of a one-world dictatorship."

Congressman Larry P. McDonald, while in Congress, reportedly stated: "The drive of the Rockefellers and their allies is to create a one-world government combining super capitalism and communism under the same tent, all under their control...Do I mean conspiracy? Yes I do. I am convinced there is such a plot, international in scope, generations old in planning, and incredibly evil in intent."

Senator Barry Goldwater (R-AZ) was perhaps one of a very few people who understood the goals of the Trilateral Commission when he issued a clear and precise warning in his 1979 book, "With No Apologies":" The Trilateral Commission is international and is intended to be the vehicle for multinational consolidation of the commercial and banking interests by seizing control of the political government of the United States. The Trilateral Commission represents a skillful, coordinated effort to seize control and consolidate the four centers of power - political, monetary, intellectual and ecclesiastical."

Speaking in the House of Representatives 29 April 2003, Congressman Paul stated, as reported on his thelibertycommittee.org web page: "...Perhaps it’s time to stop trying to manipulate the UN, and start asserting our national sovereignty. If we do not, rest assured that the UN will continue to interfere not only in our nation’s foreign policy matters, but in our domestic policies as well. UN globalists are not satisfied by meddling only in international disputes. They increasingly want to influence our domestic environmental, trade, labor, tax, and gun laws. UN global planners fully intend to expand the organization into a true world government, complete with taxes, courts, and possibly a standing army. This is not an alarmist statement; these goals are readily promoted on the UN’s own website. UN planners do not care about national sovereignty; in fact they are openly opposed to it. They correctly view it as an obstacle to their plans. They simply aren’t interested in our Constitution and republican form of government."

I am aware of one current LDS Congressman who I believe is aware of the NWO conspiracy, but has not so indicated, for reasons I can understand. I assume there may be others.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

spiritMan wrote: January 20th, 2023, 6:01 am

You are nuts.

To actually change the words that were spoken. That's 1984 right there.
I didn't say they were right, I'm saying it is the right of the current prophet to correct junior apostles. Of course, they were wrong and Benson was right. It is indeed 1984ish, but junior apostles also have to follow the prophet, for good or bad.

BigT
captain of 100

Post by BigT »

lundbaek wrote: January 21st, 2023, 1:47 pm I am aware of one current LDS Congressman who I believe is aware of the NWO conspiracy, but has not so indicated, for reasons I can understand. I assume there may be others.
My guess would be fear due to threats or blackmail. Blackmail is common; they learn your weakness, set you up, and record you doing it. Apparently marvelously effective.

Or they could’ve been paid off. Or any combination thereof.

Ebenezer
captain of 100

Post by Ebenezer »

sushi_chef wrote: January 20th, 2023, 8:01 pm "Elder Rasband with the UN Agenda 2030 pin on his lapel"

viewtopic.php?p=1342080#p1342080
"Re: 15 min. cities / New Digital Prisons / SLC is on the map
Post by Reluctant Watchman » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:39 am

Wow, these guys have the same preference in pins. How uncanny.
"
:arrow:
When/where was this photo taken? My quick internet search came up empty.

TwochurchesOnly
captain of 1,000

Post by TwochurchesOnly »

lundbaek wrote: January 21st, 2023, 1:47 pm Note that both Ezra Taft Benson and J. Reuben Clark worked in Washington, DC, and for the U.S. FedGov. And both indicated awareness of what I believe is the new world order conspiracy.

President J. Ruben Clark, speaking in the October 1949 General Conference, said: "Do not think that all these usurpations, intimidations, and impositions are being done to us through inadvertancy or mistake, the whole course is deliberately planned and carried out; its purpose is to destroy the Constitution and our Constitutional government."

President Benson, speaking in the October 1988 General Conference, said: "Secret combinations lusting for power, gain and glory are flourishing. A secret combination that seeks to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations and countries is increasing its evil influence and control over America and the entire world."

I can imagine many U.S. government officials have been and are now aware in some ways of the NWO conspiracy.

Congressman Charles Lindbergh, (father of the famous aviator), speaking of the Federal Reserve Act in Congress, stated "This Act establishes the most gigantic trust on Earth. When the President signs this bill, the invisible government by the Monetary Power will be legalized, the people may not know it immediately, but the day of reckoning is only a few years removed ... The worst legislative crime of the ages is perpetrated by this banking bill."

President John F. Kennedy, in a speech at Columbia University in 1963, the days before he was assassinated, said: "The high office of the president has been used to foment a plot to destroy America's freedom, and before I leave office, I must inform the citizens of their plight."

Congressman John R. Rarick (D-LA), in a 1971 speech on the floor of the House of Representatives, stated: "The Council on Foreign Relations...uses individuals and groups...to justify the high level decisions for converting the U.S. from a sovereign Constitutional Republic into a servile member state of a one-world dictatorship."

Congressman Larry P. McDonald, while in Congress, reportedly stated: "The drive of the Rockefellers and their allies is to create a one-world government combining super capitalism and communism under the same tent, all under their control...Do I mean conspiracy? Yes I do. I am convinced there is such a plot, international in scope, generations old in planning, and incredibly evil in intent."

Senator Barry Goldwater (R-AZ) was perhaps one of a very few people who understood the goals of the Trilateral Commission when he issued a clear and precise warning in his 1979 book, "With No Apologies":" The Trilateral Commission is international and is intended to be the vehicle for multinational consolidation of the commercial and banking interests by seizing control of the political government of the United States. The Trilateral Commission represents a skillful, coordinated effort to seize control and consolidate the four centers of power - political, monetary, intellectual and ecclesiastical."

Speaking in the House of Representatives 29 April 2003, Congressman Paul stated, as reported on his thelibertycommittee.org web page: "...Perhaps it’s time to stop trying to manipulate the UN, and start asserting our national sovereignty. If we do not, rest assured that the UN will continue to interfere not only in our nation’s foreign policy matters, but in our domestic policies as well. UN globalists are not satisfied by meddling only in international disputes. They increasingly want to influence our domestic environmental, trade, labor, tax, and gun laws. UN global planners fully intend to expand the organization into a true world government, complete with taxes, courts, and possibly a standing army. This is not an alarmist statement; these goals are readily promoted on the UN’s own website. UN planners do not care about national sovereignty; in fact they are openly opposed to it. They correctly view it as an obstacle to their plans. They simply aren’t interested in our Constitution and republican form of government."

I am aware of one current LDS Congressman who I believe is aware of the NWO conspiracy, but has not so indicated, for reasons I can understand. I assume there may be others.
Thank you for this

TwochurchesOnly
captain of 1,000

BigT wrote: January 21st, 2023, 7:17 pm
lundbaek wrote: January 21st, 2023, 1:47 pm I am aware of one current LDS Congressman who I believe is aware of the NWO conspiracy, but has not so indicated, for reasons I can understand. I assume there may be others.
My guess would be fear due to threats or blackmail. Blackmail is common; they learn your weakness, set you up, and record you doing it. Apparently marvelously effective.

Yikes
Ideas that bring out my inner child reaction of
plugging my ears, closing my eyes, shaking my head while humming loudly

BigT
captain of 100

Post by BigT »

TwochurchesOnly wrote: January 24th, 2023, 2:15 pm

Yikes
Have you read The Franklin Coverup? The details how (and why) this is done. The blackmail part.

TwochurchesOnly
captain of 1,000

BigT wrote: January 24th, 2023, 4:07 pm
TwochurchesOnly wrote: January 24th, 2023, 2:15 pm

Yikes
Have you read The Franklin Coverup? The details how (and why) this is done. The blackmail part.
Thanks I will look for that

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

I would have left it all in, then added to it for clarification.

BigT
captain of 100

Post by BigT »

I listened to a Sunstone podcast (from 2019) today about the WoW. They said Apostle Richards, who had a substance abuse problem—alcohol, I believe—gave a talk in ~1920 wherein he said the church would be tolerant of people with WoW problems, for them to not let it keep them from the church. It infuriated church leadership (Grant, I think) so much that the talk was never printed. They felt it would lead people to think the church was going soft on the WoW.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

crabman wrote: January 18th, 2023, 4:37 pm How soon before we have a new version of the Book of Mormon that edits out references to secret combinations and other evils in an effort to avoid offending people? Just unbelievable. It's full on ministry of truth stuff going on.
They don't need to because the standard mainstream response I've always heard is that the secret combinations are simply gangs and the mafia.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

creator wrote: January 25th, 2023, 4:30 pm
crabman wrote: January 18th, 2023, 4:37 pm How soon before we have a new version of the Book of Mormon that edits out references to secret combinations and other evils in an effort to avoid offending people? Just unbelievable. It's full on ministry of truth stuff going on.
They don't need to because the standard mainstream response I've always heard is that the secret combinations are simply gangs and the mafia.
Which also happens to be a correct interpretation.

However in some parts of the world, there is a big and obvious overlap between these and the local government.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

And drug cartels, etc. Laughable.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Niemand wrote: January 25th, 2023, 4:33 pm
Which also happens to be a correct interpretation.
It's used as a way to be naive and dismissive and ignorant to the greater truths of the reality of this world.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Shawn Henry wrote: January 21st, 2023, 6:42 pm It is indeed 1984ish, but junior apostles also have to follow the prophet, for good or bad.
The pecking order is real, and has been for a long time. Long gone are the days when the apostles (12) were considered equal with the first presidency (3, who were not chosen from the 12) who were considered equal with stake high councils.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

The belief of many that the secret combinations are simply gangs and the mafia doesn't cut it because the real LDGs seek control of government, which the gangs and the Mafia do not.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

lundbaek wrote: January 25th, 2023, 10:03 pm The belief of many that the secret combinations are simply gangs and the mafia doesn't cut it because the real LDGs seek control of government, which the gangs and the Mafia do not.
Please do not misunderstand me here. I agree with you that the WEF, the CFR, Trilaterals, Bilderbergers etc are indeed secret combinations. However I think the Italian Mafia and organised crime do fit the bill as well. We probably shouldn't ignore them either. The Gadiantons in the Book of Mormon are often roving bands of bandits much like the early stages of organised crime tend to be... as well as the much more developed and sophisticated forms that we talk about. The Italian Mafia are also a secret combination for other reasons – their value of omertà puts them in that area (secretiveness and silence), and they also have occult rituals which one must partake in to join.

There are various successful crime syndicates in Italy. The Mafia are mainly the Sicilian variety, and the most successful. Mussolini nearly killed them off before they were reintroduced/reinvigorated from America during WW2! There is also the 'Ndrangheta from Naples which are very formidable – one estimate puts 'Ndrangheta earnings at 3% of the Italian GDP. And there are others. The history and involvement of such groups in Italian politics is fascinating. The Sicilian Mafia has definitely had control of certain Italian judges and politicians in the past even outside Sicily itself. The Italian Mafia (and its offspring) have exercised control of other countries such as the Vatican (which is technically independent), Cuba (under Batista) and of course various levels of the US government from state and county up to federal level. The "God's Banker" scandal which involved Italy, the UK and the Vatican had significant Mafia involvement.

So in Italy, the Mafia and 'Ndrangheta do qualify as a secret combo, not just "Propaganda Due" (P2) or the WEF.

In Japan, the Yakuza has also had various levels of infiltration into government. It is helped by the fact that although Japan is officially a democracy, they keep returning one party to power.

In the post-Soviet states, and a few Eastern European countries, the overlap between local "Mafias" and government is even more obvious. (I use the term loosely here. They aren't obviously Italian Mafia). This includes not only Russia but the Ukraine (which some westerners struggle to grasp). This is because under Communism, the security services were a law unto themselves and operated independently. When the states collapsed around thirty years ago, the KGB etc were the last men standing. They had a power structure/network, and money stashed abroad in Switzerland etc, and could take over quickly. When the Siberian camps were opened, it also wasn't just nice political prisoners who were released, but but nasty hardened criminals. Many of these merged with the ex-KGB outfits and we ended up with the Russia etc of today.

Ireland (both parts) also has serious issues with organised crime and government. Ireland has become a major centre for bringing South American drugs into Western Europe. In Dublin major drug gangs seem to operate with impunity and the Garda (police) do little about it. Going back further and the IRA often functioned much as a gang, but produced various well known politicians and national leaders. In Northern Ireland, both the Republican and the Loyalist paramilitaries are into drug dealing and protection rackets and/or have cultivated relationships with the police, politicians and even British military. (And talking about a subject I know you're interested in Lundbaek, vote rigging... the secret combos in both Northern Ireland and the Republic have done quite a bit of that, from simple intimidation up to full scale ballot tampering.)

Bbhector
captain of 10

Post by Bbhector »

Are the changes made so communist countries will invite missionaries in. I can’t think of any way to justify changing this great prophets talk.