When does the SHTF ?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Being There
captain of 1,000

Re: When does the SHTF ?

Post by Being There »

Being There wrote: January 20th, 2023, 8:33 am
BeNotDeceived wrote: January 15th, 2023, 10:53 am Ya know the stuff, :lol:

When does it hit the fan?

About 5 years from now I hope to retire.

How long will our current state of bliss continue?
I think this whole Scamdemic in these past few years,
has given us a pretty good hint - of just how close we are -
to when the S - REALLY - HTF.
but if we're talking about - when really the SHTF and all hell breaks loose -
Isaiah gives us a hint of the timing - of when it may start -in what Season. ********

The Lord will use His servant - His left hand - The King of Assyria/Babylon -
to hurl to the ground (the Drunkards of Ephraim (church leaders)

Isaiah 28
Ephraim and its prophets reap disaster for being delusional and for rejecting divine revelation.

1 Woe to the garlands of glory of the drunkards of Ephraim!
Their crowning splendor has become as fading wreaths on the heads of the opulent overcome with wine.

Chapters 28-31, which form a didactic unit comprising Part VI of Isaiah’s Seven-Part Structure (Isaiah 28-31; 55-59), each commence with a “woe” or covenant curse.
Ephraim’s chief sins of pride and drunkenness catch up with Israel’s birthright tribe in Jehovah’s Day of Judgment. Instead of acknowledging current inconvenient truths, the people of Ephraim look back on past glories earned in more righteous times as if they still apply today. Ephraim’s self-deception, stemming from intoxication with “wine” at the highest levels, compounds the hard times that lie ahead (v 7; Isaiah 56:10-12).

Isaiah 28
2 My Lord has in store one mighty and strong: as a ravaging hailstorm sweeping down,
or like an inundating deluge of mighty waters, he will hurl them to the ground by his hand.

The imagery of “a ravaging hailstorm sweeping down” and of “an inundating deluge of mighty waters”
identifies the king of Assyria/Babylon and his alliance of aggressor nations (Isaiah 8:7-8; 17:12; 18:2).

Although Jehovah provides a refuge for a repentant remnant of his people against the storms of their enemies
(Isaiah 4:6; 25:4-5; 57:13), he empowers the archtyrant—
Jehovah’s (left) hand—over “the drunkards of Ephraim” to cast their illustriousness to the ground

3 The proud garlands of the drunkards of Ephraim shall be trodden underfoot.

4 And the fading wreaths, the crowns of glory on the heads of the opulent,
shall be like the first-ripe fruit before summer harvest:
he who sees it devours it the moment he has hold of it.

Ideas that link the king of Assyria/Babylon to these verses are Jehovah’s people being “trodden underfoot” (Isaiah 10:5-6; 63:6)
and the timing of Assyria’s assault as early summer (Isaiah 16:9-10; 18:5).
Ephraim’s former “crowns of glory”—now mere “fading wreaths” on the heads of a later generation—aren’t enough to prevent Assyria’s desolating invasion. The enemy alliance promptly “devours” or “swallows up” (yibla‘enna) Ephraim’s produce. Jehovah’s Day of Judgment humbles Ephraim’s
Last edited by Being There on January 20th, 2023, 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

ALSO

Do we have 3 years to repent ?
or is this the end of the 3 years ?

Egypt - is the U.S.
King of Assyria - could be Russia
Cush (upper Egypt) is most likely Canada

Isaiah 20
Assyria subjugates the superpower Egypt after Jehovah’s prophet–servant gives three years’ warning.

1 In the year the general who was sent by Sargon king of Assyria came to Ashdod
and took it by combat,
2 Jehovah had spoken through Isaiah the son of Amoz, saying, Go and ungird the sackcloth from your loins and remove the shoes from your feet. And he had done so, going naked and barefoot.
3 Then Jehovah said, Just as my servant Isaiah has gone naked and barefoot for three years as a sign and portent against Egypt and Cush,
4 so shall the king of Assyria lead away the captives of Egypt and the exiles of Cush, both young and old, naked and barefoot, with buttocks uncovered—to Egypt’s shame.

Although Isaiah is already in a state of mourning because of the wickedness of Jehovah’s people and Assyria’s aggressiveness, Jehovah now asks him to go naked and barefoot as a “sign and portent” against Egypt and Cush (cf. Isaiah 8:18). Exposing himself to the elements and to people’s mockery, Isaiah—“my servant”—obeys.
As a type of Jehovah’s end-time servant, Isaiah gives warning of Assyria’s invasion of Egypt and Cush (Upper Egypt) and of the humiliation of their captives.
They have three years in which to repent before three years of Jehovah’s Day of Judgment overtake them (cf. Isaiah 16:14).

5 Men shall be appalled and perplexed at Cush, their hope,
and at Egypt, their boast.
6 In that day shall the inhabitants of this isle say, See what has become of those we looked up to, on whom we relied for help and deliverance from the king of Assyria! How shall we ourselves escape?

The nations of the world who rely on Egypt’s military might to protect them see their hopes dashed when Assyria ravishes Egypt and Cush (Upper Egypt): “Woe to those who go down to Egypt for help, relying on horses, putting their trust in immense numbers of chariots and vast forces of horsemen, but who do not look to the Holy One of Israel, nor inquire of Jehovah!” (Isaiah 31:1); “Pharaoh’s protection shall turn to your shame, shelter in Egypt’s shadow to embarrassment” (Isaiah 30:2).
Without Jehovah’s divine intervention, the great superpower the world so admired proves no match for Assyria.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Three Years’ Warning Followed by Judgment

God gives ample warning before cleansing the earth of wickedness—in the end-time as anciently. In Isaiah’s day, for example, God commands Isaiah to go naked and barefoot for three years as a portent of Assyria’s invasion of Egypt (Isaiah 20:2–4). (Not known for being politically correct by modern standards, God ever leaves room for doubters to spurn his warnings.) Similarly, God gives Moab, a kindred people, three years’ warning—“like the term of a lease”—before Moab’s glory turns to shame, its large populace perishes, and but few inhabitants remain (Isaiah 16:14).

Isaiah 16

13 These things Jehovah spoke hitherto about Moab.
14 But now Jehovah has said, Within three years, as the term of a lease, Moab’s glory shall become ignominy.
For all its large populace there shall be very few left, and those of no account.

Moab’s three-year lease of time in which to mend its ways applies to Greater Babylon in general.
In his long-suffering, Jehovah sends the world three years of warning through his servant before his Day of Judgment commences (Isaiah 20:1-6).
Then, in a long-awaited reversal of circumstances, Greater Babylon’s glory turns to ignominy while Zion’s ignominy turns to glory (Isaiah 47:1; 52:1-3).
Although Greater Babylon comprises a majority of the world’s population, it boasts of no righteous surviving remnant (Isaiah 13:19; 14:22; 21:9).
The few souls of Moab who remain alive aren’t noteworthy.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fall time - before the harvest ? - Jehovah’s Day of Judgment

Isaiah 18

4 For thus said Jehovah to me:I will watch in silence over my dwelling place when the searing heat overtakes the reapers,
and when the rain clouds appear amid the fever of reaping.

In the same way a rainstorm spells disaster at a grain harvest, so Jehovah’s Day of Judgment
arrives at the worst moment: (1) literally at harvest time, depriving Jehovah’s unrepentant people of food; and (2) figuratively at Jehovah’s harvest of the wicked when they are least expecting it.

Jehovah’s informing his servant of the approaching calamity spells hope for those who heed his summons (v 3). Although Jehovah is a sanctuary for those who love him (Isaiah 8:14; 25:4-5),
he doesn’t hinder the searing heat—the archtyrant’s destruction—from overtaking the wicked (Isaiah 9:18-19; 33:14-16).

5 For before the harvest,when the time of flowering is past and the set blossoms are developing into young fruit,they will cut down the fruit-bearing twigs with knives and remove the new branches by slashing.
6 All shall be left to the birds of prey of the mountains and to the beasts of the land:the birds of prey will feed on them all summer and the beasts of the land all winter.

Before the fruit harvest—indicating the time of year—the enemy invades the land and despoils the orchards, leaving little that sustains life. While the land’s desolation by aliens and its overrunning by wildlife represent covenant curses, the birds of prey and beasts of the land additionally signify infestation by bands of marauders who seek subsistence wherever they can find it: “The whole land shall revert to wilderness” (Isaiah 7:24); “Hawks and falcons shall possess it, and owls and ravens inhabit it” (Isaiah 34:11); “All you wild beasts, you animals of the forest, come and devour!” (Isaiah 56:9).
Last edited by Being There on January 20th, 2023, 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

ALSO

I believe in Isaiah that, just like "Egypt" - the superpower, is referring to the U.S. now,
"Assyria" is also a "type", and is a metaphor and referring to a power in our times - the end-times now;
a country and army that be equal to and do the things Assyria did.

Just like Egypt is referring to the U.S., and what will happen to it,
there has to be another end-time superpower that has the ability,
and will do the terrible things mentioned in Isaiah that the "king of Assyria" will do.

I believe the end-time type of "Assyria" could very well be Russia.
If it's not Russia, who else fits the bill ? Who else could it be; or could even do it ?

Isaiah’s Ancient Types of End-Time Events
http://www.isaiahexplained.com/resource ... ime-events

"Isaiah’s method of prophesying draws on events from ancient times as building blocks for predicting end-time events. Whatever set a precedent in the past may serve as a type of what happens in the future.
Thirty such types show how history repeats itself at the end of the world."

The Lord uses him - His left hand, the king of Assyria - to be a scourge to us.
He will take the saints captive for "time and times and the dividing of time"
or 3 and a half years.
(see in Daniel -

sounds like the king of Assyria to me. Russia ? *
Daniel 7:21
21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.

Avraham Gileadi
http://www.isaiahexplained.com/resource ... -of-isaiah
End-Time “Assyria”—A Militaristic Alliance

"Featuring prominently in the Book of Isaiah is a militaristic superpower that seeks to conquer the world. In fact, God commissions its king figure—an end-time archtyrant—to punish his people when they rebel and do evil:
“Hail the Assyrian, the rodof my anger! He is a staff—my wrathin their hand. I will commission him against a godless nation, appoint him over the people [deserving]of my vengeance, to pillage for plunder, to spoliate for spoil, to tread underfoot like mud in the streets. Nevertheless, it shall not seem so to him; this shall not be what he has in mind. His purpose shall be to annihilate and to exterminate nations not a few” (Isaiah 10:5–7).

In the pattern of ancient Assyria, this ruthless world power and its alliance of nations commits genocide on a world scale: “Hark! A tumult on the mountains, as of a vast multitude. Hark! An uproar among kingdoms, as of nations assembling: Jehovah of Hosts is marshaling an army for war. They come from a distant land beyond the horizon—Jehovah and the instruments of his wrath—to cause destruction throughout the earth. Lament, for the Day of Jehovah is near; it shall come as a violent blow from the Almighty” (Isaiah 13:4–6). Although all nations suffer destruction in their wicked state, the apostasy of those who were God’s people precipitates it.

End-Time “Egypt”—A Superpower in Decline

Isaiah’s use of types of ancient world powers that foreshadow end-time ones extends to the great superpower Egypt. As with all nations and persons who appear in the Book of Isaiah, their true identity appears from the way Isaiah characterizes them, not from historical or archaeological data, though at times these may help. In searching the world today for a superpower that matches Isaiah’s description of “Egypt,” the sole candidate is America. That connection is further strengthened by the fact that God’s people anciently dwelt in Egypt, that Joseph ruled Egypt, and that the birthright tribe of Ephraim sprang from Joseph and Asenath, an Egyptian woman.

“Egypt,” however, is a superpower imploding: “The ministers of Zoan have been foolish, the officials of Noph deluded; the heads of state have led Egypt astray. Jehovah has permeated them with a spirit of confusion; they have misled Egypt in all that it does, causing it to stagger like a drunkard into his vomit. . . . Manufacturers of combed linen and weavers of fine fabrics will be dismayed. The textile workers will know despair, and all who work for wages suffer distress. . . . I will stir up the Egyptians against the Egyptians; they will fight brother against brother and neighbor against neighbor, city against city and state against state” (Isaiah 19:2, 9–10, 13–14).

The Struggle within America—Isaiah Saw It

The importance of understanding Isaiah’s message increases daily as world events line up like the planets for the fulfillment of his prophecy. Under the codename “Egypt”—the great superpower of Isaiah’s day—America is predicted to suffer spiritual decline, political ineptitude, economic collapse, internal anarchy, and invasion by a ruthless military world power from the North—an end-time “Assyria.” On the other hand, a community of covenanters in Egypt turns back to God, who sends them a savior and delivers them (Isaiah 19–20). In the end, as the millennial age begins, “Egypt” again becomes “my people”—a righteous covenant people of God (Isaiah 19:25).

A dichotomy of events surrounding Egypt thus typifies the nation in general, which incurs misfortunes or covenant curses for its wickedness even as a righteous category of persons within the nation becomes Egypt’s salvation: “Jehovah will make himself known to the Egyptians, and the Egyptians shall know Jehovah in that day. They will worship by sacrifice and offerings, and make vows to Jehovah and fulfill them. Jehovah will smite Egypt, and by smiting heal [it]: they will turn back to Jehovah, and he will respond to their pleas and heal them” (Isaiah 19:21–22). To be “healed” of iniquity and to “know” Israel’s God is to be his covenant people indeed.

Isaiah Prophesies Using Composites of Types

Having seen “the end from the beginning” (Isaiah 46:10), Isaiah selectively draws on Israel’s ancient history in order to cover both time frames—the past and the future—the “end” being contained in the “beginning.” God’s people anciently, in other words, in the very events in which they participated, were predicting end-time events, something only God is capable of orchestrating: “Who predicts what happens as do I, and is the equal of me in appointing a people from of old as types, foretelling things to come? Be not perturbed or shaken. Have I not made it known to you from of old? Did I not foretell it, you being my witnesses?” (Isaiah 44:7–8).

When something in the past isn’t an exact type of the end-time, on the other hand, Isaiah may combine several types from the past to round out his prediction of the future. That is, he may use composites of types to portray a single end-time person or event. Isaiah’s Seven-Part Structure, for example, portrays both Babylon and the king of Babylon as composites of types, including the events associated with them. The end-time itself, moreover, consists of over thirty ancient events that repeat themselves—although in a different order—that are compressed into a single scenario of a few years known as the “Day of Jehovah” or God’s Day of Judgment. "

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

Jason wrote: January 20th, 2023, 7:53 am I think the reality will end up being massive defaults and folks will resort to nefarious means as the house of credit comes tumbling down…

Gone is the character that prevailed through the Great Depression…
wow. yes. not only is the bubble so much worse, so is the moral decay of our society. Living near the city during the Great Depression, my grandpa who was 10 at the time of the GP, told me how he used to earn money by shooting rats down at the city dump. The city paid a nickel a bag for rats. Then he went on to become a really good sharpshooter during WWII. But he lived with his uncle and aunt out in Magna which was the country at that time. They raised vegetables on a small farm and sold them from their truck in West Valley at a farmers market the city set up - I think near 21st south and main. His mom had arthritis bad and couldn't take care of all the kids. Here's a sobering read: https://historytogo.utah.gov/great-depression/ - it explains why my grandma used to wash aluminum foil after thanksgiving dinner and they walked around in the winter time with their coats on INSIDE their home - heat was expensive, they told us.

Imagine the cities during the next collapse. Things will quickly get looted and burned. services will break down quickly. It's not going to be backyard chickens in the city, that's for sure.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

Being There wrote: January 20th, 2023, 9:06 am ALSO

I believe in Isaiah that, just like "Egypt" - the superpower, is referring to the U.S. now,
"Assyria" is also a "type", and is a metaphor and referring to a power in our times - the end-times now;
a country and army that be equal to and do the things Assyria did.

Just like Egypt is referring to the U.S., and what will happen to it,
there has to be another end-time superpower that has the ability,
and will do the terrible things mentioned in Isaiah that the "king of Assyria" will do.

I believe the end-time type of "Assyria" could very well be Russia.
If it's not Russia, who else fits the bill ? Who else could it be; or could even do it ?

Isaiah’s Ancient Types of End-Time Events
http://www.isaiahexplained.com/resource ... ime-events

"Isaiah’s method of prophesying draws on events from ancient times as building blocks for predicting end-time events. Whatever set a precedent in the past may serve as a type of what happens in the future.
Thirty such types show how history repeats itself at the end of the world."

The Lord uses him - His left hand, the king of Assyria - to be a scourge to us.
He will take the saints captive for "time and times and the dividing of time"
or 3 and a half years.
(see in Daniel -

sounds like the king of Assyria to me. Russia ? *
Daniel 7:21
21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.

Avraham Gileadi
End-Time “Assyria”—A Militaristic Alliance

"Featuring prominently in the Book of Isaiah is a militaristic superpower that seeks to conquer the world. In fact, God commissions its king figure—an end-time archtyrant—to punish his people when they rebel and do evil:
“Hail the Assyrian, the rodof my anger! He is a staff—my wrathin their hand. I will commission him against a godless nation, appoint him over the people [deserving]of my vengeance, to pillage for plunder, to spoliate for spoil, to tread underfoot like mud in the streets. Nevertheless, it shall not seem so to him; this shall not be what he has in mind. His purpose shall be to annihilate and to exterminate nations not a few” (Isaiah 10:5–7).

In the pattern of ancient Assyria, this ruthless world power and its alliance of nations commits genocide on a world scale: “Hark! A tumult on the mountains, as of a vast multitude. Hark! An uproar among kingdoms, as of nations assembling: Jehovah of Hosts is marshaling an army for war. They come from a distant land beyond the horizon—Jehovah and the instruments of his wrath—to cause destruction throughout the earth. Lament, for the Day of Jehovah is near; it shall come as a violent blow from the Almighty” (Isaiah 13:4–6). Although all nations suffer destruction in their wicked state, the apostasy of those who were God’s people precipitates it.

End-Time “Egypt”—A Superpower in Decline

Isaiah’s use of types of ancient world powers that foreshadow end-time ones extends to the great superpower Egypt. As with all nations and persons who appear in the Book of Isaiah, their true identity appears from the way Isaiah characterizes them, not from historical or archaeological data, though at times these may help. In searching the world today for a superpower that matches Isaiah’s description of “Egypt,” the sole candidate is America. That connection is further strengthened by the fact that God’s people anciently dwelt in Egypt, that Joseph ruled Egypt, and that the birthright tribe of Ephraim sprang from Joseph and Asenath, an Egyptian woman.

“Egypt,” however, is a superpower imploding: “The ministers of Zoan have been foolish, the officials of Noph deluded; the heads of state have led Egypt astray. Jehovah has permeated them with a spirit of confusion; they have misled Egypt in all that it does, causing it to stagger like a drunkard into his vomit. . . . Manufacturers of combed linen and weavers of fine fabrics will be dismayed. The textile workers will know despair, and all who work for wages suffer distress. . . . I will stir up the Egyptians against the Egyptians; they will fight brother against brother and neighbor against neighbor, city against city and state against state” (Isaiah 19:2, 9–10, 13–14).

The Struggle within America—Isaiah Saw It

The importance of understanding Isaiah’s message increases daily as world events line up like the planets for the fulfillment of his prophecy. Under the codename “Egypt”—the great superpower of Isaiah’s day—America is predicted to suffer spiritual decline, political ineptitude, economic collapse, internal anarchy, and invasion by a ruthless military world power from the North—an end-time “Assyria.” On the other hand, a community of covenanters in Egypt turns back to God, who sends them a savior and delivers them (Isaiah 19–20). In the end, as the millennial age begins, “Egypt” again becomes “my people”—a righteous covenant people of God (Isaiah 19:25).

A dichotomy of events surrounding Egypt thus typifies the nation in general, which incurs misfortunes or covenant curses for its wickedness even as a righteous category of persons within the nation becomes Egypt’s salvation: “Jehovah will make himself known to the Egyptians, and the Egyptians shall know Jehovah in that day. They will worship by sacrifice and offerings, and make vows to Jehovah and fulfill them. Jehovah will smite Egypt, and by smiting heal [it]: they will turn back to Jehovah, and he will respond to their pleas and heal them” (Isaiah 19:21–22). To be “healed” of iniquity and to “know” Israel’s God is to be his covenant people indeed.

Isaiah Prophesies Using Composites of Types

Having seen “the end from the beginning” (Isaiah 46:10), Isaiah selectively draws on Israel’s ancient history in order to cover both time frames—the past and the future—the “end” being contained in the “beginning.” God’s people anciently, in other words, in the very events in which they participated, were predicting end-time events, something only God is capable of orchestrating: “Who predicts what happens as do I, and is the equal of me in appointing a people from of old as types, foretelling things to come? Be not perturbed or shaken. Have I not made it known to you from of old? Did I not foretell it, you being my witnesses?” (Isaiah 44:7–8).

When something in the past isn’t an exact type of the end-time, on the other hand, Isaiah may combine several types from the past to round out his prediction of the future. That is, he may use composites of types to portray a single end-time person or event. Isaiah’s Seven-Part Structure, for example, portrays both Babylon and the king of Babylon as composites of types, including the events associated with them. The end-time itself, moreover, consists of over thirty ancient events that repeat themselves—although in a different order—that are compressed into a single scenario of a few years known as the “Day of Jehovah” or God’s Day of Judgment. "
search - king of assyria
http://www.isaiahexplained.com/search/king%20assyria

A Pattern of World Conquerors from the North

Both the Assyrians and Babylonians who ruthlessly conquer the ancient world hail from the North in relation to God’s people Israel when they turn to wickedness. Those successive events establish a pattern that repeats itself before Jehovah comes to the earth to institute his millennial reign of peace. This time, however, it isn’t the ten-tribed Northern Kingdom of Israel or the Southern Kingdom of Judah that suffers invasion and destruction by an aggressive world power but God’s people who turn to wickedness in the modern world. This time it is an end-time world power from the North that overruns the world, following the pattern of those ancient events.

When his end-time people attain the same level of wickedness Israel did of old, God responds the same way he did then: “Hail the Assyrian, the rodof my anger! He is a staff—my wrathin their hand. I will commission him against a godless nation, appoint him over the people [deserving]of my vengeance, to pillage for plunder, to spoliate for spoil, to tread underfoot like mud in the streets. Nevertheless, it shall not seem so to him; this shall not be what he has in mind. His purpose shall be to annihilate and to exterminate nations not a few” (Isaiah 10:5–7). “From the North shall come [pillars of]smoke, and no place he has designated shall evade it” (Isaiah 14:31).
The King of Assyria/Babylon—An Antichrist

Isaiah’s version of an end-time Antichrist is the king of Assyria/Babylon, whom Isaiah portrays as a composite of types; that is, he combines several precedents of ancient tyrannical rulers to project a single end-time one—an all-time archtyrant. Setting a precedent for world conquerors from the North are the kings of Assyria (Isaiah 10:5–14; 37:18, 21–27). To that type, Isaiah adds the “king of Babylon,” perhaps the same world conqueror from the North but one who styles himself as a demi-god and who exemplifies Babylon’s idolatrous ideology (Isaiah 14:3–21; 47:1–8). In the end, however, the archtyrant perishes because of the loyalty of God’s elect.

Isaiah thus predicts that in that day those who survive destruction will rejoice: “How the tyrant has met his end and tyranny ceased! Jehovah has broken the staffof the wicked, the rodof those who ruled—him who with unerring blows struck down the nations in anger, who subdued peoples in his wrath by relentless oppression. Now the whole earth is at rest and at peace; there is jubilant celebration!” (Isaiah 14:4–7); “Those who catch sight of you stare at you, wondering, ‘Is this the man who made the earth shake and kingdoms quake, who turned the world into a wilderness, demolishing its cities, permitting not his captives to return home?’” (Isaiah 14:16–17).

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

Avraham Gileadi

Isaiah 10
Jehovah appoints the king of Assyria to despoil and destroy the wicked of his people and the nations.

1 Woe to those who enact unjust laws,who draft oppressive legislation—
2 denying justice to the needy,depriving the poor of my people of their right,making plunder of widows,mere spoil of the fatherless!

Oppressive laws, symptomatic of a corrupt society, by their very nature lead to more corruption. People’s thinking turns devious as they seek ways of getting around the law. In an unequal community, the poor and needy, the widows and fatherless, are the first to suffer (Isaiah 1:23). Jehovah’s calling those who are unable on their own to lift themselves out of poverty “my people” implies that he acknowledges them, not their oppressors, as his covenant people. The terms “plunder” and “spoil,” which characterize the Assyrian archtyrant (v 6), show that he is the evil archetype that oppressors follow.

3 What will you do in the day of reckoning when the holocaust overtakes you from afar?To whom will you flee for help?Where will you leave your wealth?

The “day of reckoning”—Jehovah’s Day of Judgment—hastens on even as the lawmakers of Jehovah’s people act as if no such thing will occur (vv 1-2). Their ill-gotten wealth won’t save them in that day, nor will others extend help (Isaiah 47:11). Jehovah will remove his righteous people from their midst, leaving them to suffer his judgments alone (Isaiah 57:1). The “holocaust” (so’a) from afar refers to Jehovah’s destruction by fire and by the sword that arrives from afar, from beyond the horizon, to desolate the earth (v 23; Isaiah 5:23-26; 13:4-19; 28:22; 30:27-28; 33:11-12; 34:2-8; 66:15-16).

4 There shall nothing remain but to kneel among the captives or fall among the slain.
Yet for all this his anger is not abated;his hand is upraised still.

Those who perish or go captive in Jehovah’s Day of Judgment consist of Jehovah’s people who reject his word (Isaiah 28:9-14; 65:12) and Babylon’s idolaters (Isaiah 37:18-19; 46:1-2). As both suffer the same fate, Jehovah’s wicked people belong to Isaiah’s Babylon category: “Scoff not, lest your bonds grow severe, for I have heard utter destruction decreed by my Lord, Jehovah of Hosts, upon the whole earth” (Isaiah 28:22); “The Day of Jehovah shall come as a cruel outburst of anger and wrath to make the earth a desolation, that sinners may be annihilated from it” (Isaiah 13:9; emphasis added).

5 Hail the Assyrian, the rod of my anger!He is a staff—my wrath in their hand.a
6 I will commission him against a godless nation,appoint him over the people deserving of my vengeance,to pillage for plunder, to spoliate for spoil,to tread underfoot like mud in the streets.

Jehovah’s rod, staff, anger, wrath, vengeance, and (left) hand of punishment all designate the king of Assyria/Babylon (v 15; Isaiah 5:25; 13:9). Jehovah sends him against the “godless nation” of his own people in their unrepentant state and against the nations of the world (Isaiah 13:4-6; 37:24-27). The archtyrant fulfills Isaiah’s prediction inherent in the name of his son Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz (“Hasten the Plunder, Hurry the Spoil”) (Isaiah 8:1-4; cf. 10:13-14; 13:16; 28:2-4; 42:22, 24). He reduces the wicked to “mud,” a chaos motif, signifying their return to an elemental state—to nonentities.

7 Nevertheless, it shall not seem so to him;this shall not be what he has in mind.His purpose shall be to annihilate and to exterminate nations not a few.

Although the king of Assyria/Babylon serves Jehovah’s purpose of inflicting covenant curses on his alienated people (Isaiah 37:26), he seeks only his self-aggrandizement. He is that wicked one who destroys the wicked of the world in the course of conquering all lands (Isaiah 37:18). To that end, he commits global genocide (Isaiah 33:12). As a mass murderer, of whom the ancient kings of Assyria and Babylon provide types, he belongs to Isaiah’s Perdition category. Isaiah depicts him under his cultic or idolatrous title “king of Babylon” as ultimately descending to the Pit of Dissolution (Isaiah 14:15).

8 He will say, Are not my commanders kings,one and all?
9 Has not Calno fared like Carchemish?Is not Hamath as Arpad,Samaria no better than Damascus?
10 As I could do this to the pagan states,whose statues exceededthose of Jerusalem and Samaria,
11 shall I not do to Jerusalem and its images even as I did to Samaria and its idols?

As he invades one land after another, the archtyrant imagines he is able to conquer Jehovah’s people just as well as them. He is aware of their covenant relationship with their Creator, but he assumes that their God is no more a threat to him than the gods of the nations he has already conquered (Isaiah 36:18-20; 37:11-13). His successes lead him to believe that nothing is impossible that he sets his mind to do. He imagines that his henchmen will rule under him as his empire spreads to the ends of the earth (cf. Isaiah 14:21). He fails to perceive, however, that his victories are but momentary (vv 12, 24-27).

12 But when my Lord has fully accomplished his work in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem, he will punish the king of Assyria for his notorious boasting and infamous conceit,

Word links show that Jehovah’s “work” is twofold: (1) the destruction of the wicked; and (2) the deliverance of the righteous. On the one hand, it involves “utter destruction” upon the whole earth (v 23; Isaiah 13:4-5; 28:21-22). On the other, it entails the birth of a new nation of Jehovah’s people affiliated with Zion and Jerusalem at the time Jehovah’s servant prepares the way for Jehovah’s coming (Isaiah 40:3, 10; 66:7-9). The locations of Mount Zion and Jerusalem are significant as that is where the archtyrant is overthrown when he lays siege to them (Isaiah 31:4-5, 8-9; 37:32-36; Obadiah 1:17-21).

13 because he said,
I have done it by my own ability and shrewdness, for I am ingenious. I have done away with the borders of nations, I have ravaged their reserves, I have vastly reduced the inhabitants.
14 I have impounded the wealth of peoples like a nest,and I have gathered up the whole world as one gathers abandoned eggs;not one flapped its wings,or opened its mouth to utter a peep.

Believing he has all power, the archtyrant boasts of his exploits—the pronoun “I” appears seven times, portraying him as an ultra-egotist. His claims show that in the course of committing global genocide he indeed conquers the world, establishing a one-world government or new world order. For him, Jehovah’s Day of Judgment is the great day of his power, when the earth’s inhabitants quail before him (Isaiah 13:4-8; 37:26-27). He is the “thief in the night” who gathers up the world’s wealth in the days just preceding Jehovah’s coming (cf. Matthew 24:42-44; 1 Thessalonians 5:1-6; 2 Peter 3:10).

15 Shall an axe exalt itself above the one who hews with it,or a saw vaunt itself over him who handles it?As though the rod wielded him who lifts it up!As though the staff held up the one who is not made of wood!

It is none other than Israel’s God Jehovah who empowers the archtyrant to hew down the wicked and to rule those who reject Him as their ruler. As Jehovah’s axe and saw, his rod and staff, the king of Assyria/Babylon has no capability of his own, only as the Maker of heaven and earth lends him his power (Isaiah 37:26-27; 54:16). The archtyrant isn’t a creative force in the world but merely a destructive one, reducing its wicked inhabitants and their institutions to chaos (Isaiah 14:16-17; 37:18). Because he exalts and vaunts himself above Israel’s God, he ends up abased (Isaiah 14:15; 37:23-25, 28-29).

16 Therefore will the Lord, Jehovah of Hosts,send a consumption into his fertile lands,and cause a fire to flare up like a burning hearth,to undermine his glory:
17 the Light of Israel will be the fire and their Holy One the flame,and it shall burn up and devour his briars and thorns in a single day.

Just as the archtyrant is a fire that burns up the wicked (Isaiah 9:18-19; 30:27-28), so what he does to others is done to him. Jehovah empowers another fire—his end-time servant—to subdue him (Isaiah 30:30-32; 31:8-9). Also called Jehovah’s light (Isaiah 42:6; 49:6), the servant is here named the “Light of Israel.” The Holy One of Israel’s identity as a flame, on the other hand (cf. Genesis 15:17; Exodus 3:2-4), reflects the close affinity between Jehovah and his servant. Together, they burn up the archtyrant’s “briars and thorns”—his evil alliance—in “a single day,” Jehovah’s Day of Judgment.

18 His choice forests and productive field sit will consume, both life and substance,turning them into a rotting morass.
19 And the trees left of his forest shall be so few,a child could record them.

In the same way the king of Assyria/Babylon destroys “forests” or cities and lays lands waste (Isaiah 32:19; 33:1, 9), so it is done to him. The “rotting morass” his fields and forests end up as shows that as he reduced others to chaos so what is his suffers a similar fate. The “trees” or people that are “left” of his forest are but few. They are nevertheless recorded in the Book of Life with others who are “left” in that day (Isaiah 4:3). In effect, just as Israel’s northern tribes anciently went captive into Assyria, so those who return from end-time “Assyria” are their descendants (Isaiah 11:11, 16; 27:12-13).

20 In that day those who survive of Israel and who escape of the house of Jacob will no longer rely on him who struck them,but will truly rely on Jehovah,the Holy One of Israel:
21 of Jacob a remnant will return to the One Mighty in Valor.

Whereas the Jacob/Israel category of Jehovah’s people is subject to the tyrannical king of Assyria/Babylon—suffering the curses of a broken covenant—in the day that they “repent” (swb) of evil Jehovah makes it possible for them to “return” (swb) in a new exodus to Zion (Isaiah 11:11-12, 15-16; 35:8-10; 51:11). Instead of relying on a power of chaos—on one who does little more than smite them—they now rely on Jehovah, their God, who seeks only to bless them. The One Mighty in Valor to whom they return is Jehovah’s servant, who leads their end-time exodus (Isaiah 9:6; 11:10; 55:3-7, 12-13).

22 For though your people, O Israel,be as the sands of the sea,only a remnant will return;although annihilation is decreed,it shall overflow with righteousness.
23 For the Lord, Jehovah of Hosts,will carry out the utter destruction decreed upon the whole earth.

Those who survive the “annihilation” or “utter destruction” Jehovah has decreed in his Day of Judgment are but a tithing of his people (cf. Isaiah 6:13): “Had you but obeyed my commandments, your peace would have been as a river, your righteousness like the waves of the sea; your offspring would have been as the sands in number, your descendants as many as their grains. Their names would not have been cut off and obliterated from my presence” (Isaiah 48:18-19). For his people’s righteousness’ sake, however—literal and figurative—“a remnant will return” (cf. Shear-Jashub, Isaiah 7:3).

24 Therefore, thus says my Lord,Jehovah of Hosts:O my people who inhabit Zion,be not afraid of the Assyrians,though they strike you with the rodor raise their staff over you,as did the Egyptians.
25 For my anger will very soon come to an end;my wrath will become their undoing.

Those of the Jacob/Israel category of Jehovah’s people “who inhabit Zion,” who suffer the curse of bondage to the king of Assyria/Babylon, Jehovah again acknowledges as “my people” when they repent and ascend to the Zion/Jerusalem category. The archtyrant—Jehovah’s rod of punishment and staff of submission, who personifies his anger and wrath (vv 5, 15)—has but temporary power over them. Jehovah’s purpose is to induce his people to ascend to higher spiritual levels. Because the archtyrant’s wrath exceeds all bounds as he seeks to destroy Jehovah’s elect, he must fall (Isaiah 31:4-9).

26 Jehovah of Hosts will raise the whip against them,as when he struck the Midianites at the Rock of Oreb.
His staff is over the Sea,and he will lift it over them as he did to the Egyptians.

Led by Gideon, Israel anciently defeated a huge Midianite host at the Rock of Oreb (Judges 7:23-25). The term “whip” or “scourge” (sot) alludes to Gideon’s thrashing his enemies with a flagellum of briars and thorns (Judges 8:16). In an end-time version of these events, the whip—Jehovah’s servant—defeats an Assyrian army in a similar victory against overwhelming odds (Isaiah 9:4; 30:30-32). Drawing on a second such type, Jehovah’s staff—his servant—subdues the Sea—the Assyrian horde—following the model of Moses’ defeating the Egyptians (Exodus 14:15-31; Isaiah 11:15-16; 51:9-10).

27 In that day their burdens shall be lifted from your shoulders,their yoke removed from your neck:the yoke that wore away your fatness shall by fatness wear away.

As Jehovah released ancient Israel from the heavy burdens of their bondage in Egypt (Exodus 13:3), so he releases his end-time people from their curse of servitude after it has served his purpose of motivating them to repent and renew their commitment to serve him. Their indigent captive condition gives way to a bounteous abundance when Jehovah removes their yoke—the king of Assyria/Babylon: “I will break Assyria in my own land, trample them underfoot on my mountains; their yoke shall be taken from them, their burden removed from their shoulders” (Isaiah 14:25; emphasis added; cf. 9:4).

28 He advances on Aiath, passes through Migron;at Micmash he marshals his weaponry.
29 They cross over the pass,stopping overnight at Geba.Ramah is in a state of alarm,Gibeah of Saul is fleeing. 30 Cry out, O Daughter of Gallim!Hear her, Laishah; answer her, Anathoth!
31 Madmenah has moved out of the way,the inhabitants of Gebim are in full flight.
32 This same day he will but pause at Noband signal the advance against the mountain of the Daughter of Zion,the hill of Jerusalem.

As a world conqueror, the king of Assyria/Babylon and his disciplined armies take the world by storm. Assyria’s ancient invasion of the Promised Land serves as the type of an end-time invasion of promised lands. The archtyrant’s coveted prize is “the mountain of the Daughter of Zion, the hill of Jerusalem”—the righteous nation or nations of Jehovah’s people. The world’s inhabitants flee before his rapid military advance as his forces sweep into countries like a river in flood (Isaiah 8:7-10; 37:18, 24-27). Those who don’t participate in the new exodus to escape destruction now suffer the consequences.

33 Then will my Lord, Jehovah of Hosts,shatter the towering trees with terrifying power;the high in stature shall be hewn down,the lofty ones leveled.
34 The dense forests shall be battered down with the force of iron,and Lebanon fall spectacularly.

The lofty trees—the elite peoples of the earth—fall to the king of Assyria/Babylon’s awesome military might (Isaiah 2:12-17; 37:24). The dense forests—the populous cities—are razed by his awesome power (Isaiah 14:8; 32:19). Like the ancient heroes of Mesopotamian myth, the archtyrant hews down the cedars of Lebanon—Jehovah’s elite people (Jeremiah 22:23; Ezekiel 17:3)—in Jehovah’s Day of Judgment (Isaiah 33:9). Although it is the archtyrant who carries out this destruction, Israel’s God, “Jehovah of Hosts,” manifests his power through him (v 15; Isaiah 13:4-6; 28:22; 37:24-27; 54:16).

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

Isaiah 7
17 Jehovah will bring upon you and your people and your father’s house a day unlike any since Ephraim broke away from Judah—
the day of the king of Assyria.

A time of national tragedy is to ensue—as when “Ephraim broke away from Judah”
and Jehovah’s people became a house divided against itself (1 Kings 11:29-32; 12:19-21).
Jehovah appoints the king of Assyria as his instrument to afflict his people who reject him (Isaiah 10:5-6). As his people’s king and protector—as their proxy representative—Ahaz, by his disloyalty to Israel’s God, directly impacts what happens to his people. It is just a matter of time, too, before Isaiah’s pronouncement is fulfilled and a righteous “son” or vassal (ben)—Immanuel—replaces the unrighteous Ahaz (vv 14-16).

18 In that day Jehovah will signal for the flies from the far rivers of Egypt and for the bees in the land of Assyria.
19 And they will come and settle with one accord in the river beds of the prairie and in rocky ravines, and by all ditches and water holes. 20 In that day my Lord will use a razor hired at the River—the king of Assyria—to shave your head and the hair of your legs, and to cut off even your beard.

Foreign armies, represented by swarms of flies and bees, invade the land in Jehovah’s Day of Judgment, implementing his covenant curse. The king of Assyria—Jehovah’s razor—takes captive the wicked of Jehovah’s people, shaving their hair in the manner of slaves. Historically referring to the Euphrates, the “River” (nahar) here characterizes the archtyrant as Lord Nahar—Lord River—a god of chaos in the Baal myth.
The words “head” and “beard” allude to the people’s leaders (Isaiah 3:14; 9:15) whom the Assyrians exile first, as they did anciently, leaving the people leaderless.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Speaking to what JK4 noted about which shops were busy along the Wasatch front...

Not long ago I found myself standing near a group of about 8 men from a local ward who were talking to each other, but that's not even the shocking part.

They were talking about their personal ArmaLite rifles. Listening I learned a couple of them were former military...so no surprise. but I was very surprised to learn every man in the group had an AR some just recently. Some guys had purchased a second or third for wife or kids.

You expect this in Nephi or Filmore, but this was a soft urban area full of mostly tech white collar workers.

I would've said less than half of them had the look of a gun owner. But in these times many people are scared, and gun owners look different than they did 10 or 20 years ago.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

LDS Physician wrote: January 17th, 2023, 9:11 pm Apparently we have at least 14! lol
Wow! 😮

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

blitzinstripes wrote: January 18th, 2023, 6:10 am The times of the Gentiles is fulfilled.
Amen to that!

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Silver Pie wrote: January 20th, 2023, 7:38 pm
LDS Physician wrote: January 17th, 2023, 9:11 pm Apparently we have at least 14! lol
Wow! 😮
Fourteen is the number of the Davidic Servant.

And Amen to that too!

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

I don't think God ever stops talking

But, I've got to get some sleep . . .

don't you know . . .

or maybe you do know

who am I to know

I Know that I Know . . .

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

BeNotDeceived wrote: January 20th, 2023, 7:48 pm But, I've got to get some sleep . . .
Have a good sleep.

😴

hedgehog
captain of 100

Post by hedgehog »

Shorter:
Good thing Lehi did not wait for Laban and the other leaders to tell him how to save his family.

Even with the best of leaders, relying on macro leaders for micro direction is a bad plan.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

hedgehog wrote: January 21st, 2023, 1:50 am Shorter:
Good thing Lehi did not wait for Laban and the other leaders to tell him how to save his family.

Even with the best of leaders, relying on macro leaders for micro direction is a bad plan.
Shorter still:
The dew upon the grass is shorter still.

Except if you click on said grass, the message becomes longer still.

That is the long and the short of it.

Liahona
captain of 100

Post by Liahona »

I predict nothing will happen in 2023 but someone will post another SHTF post in 2024.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Liahona wrote: January 21st, 2023, 11:16 am

I predict nothing will happen in 2023 but someone will post another SHTF post in 2024.
I sure hope. :!:

SHTF rules, I still remember the day I first discovered it on GLP.

On GLP my user number was 36866.

3*8** annihilates triple 6.

Sucks2Bhim :lol:

. . . * . . . . . . . . ** 8-)

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

tribrac wrote: January 20th, 2023, 9:16 am Speaking to what JK4 noted about which shops were busy along the Wasatch front...

Not long ago I found myself standing near a group of about 8 men from a local ward who were talking to each other, but that's not even the shocking part.

They were talking about their personal ArmaLite rifles. Listening I learned a couple of them were former military...so no surprise. but I was very surprised to learn every man in the group had an AR some just recently. Some guys had purchased a second or third for wife or kids.

You expect this in Nephi or Filmore, but this was a soft urban area full of mostly tech white collar workers.

I would've said less than half of them had the look of a gun owner. But in these times many people are scared, and gun owners look different than they did 10 or 20 years ago.
When the family finally separated....first thing Nephi did was build swords. I'd think there was plenty of need for work tools having just relocated and started over...but swords it was.

Ever pounded out a sword or a knife?

Then thinking with each successive blow of the hammer that the weapon being forged was intended for literal brothers & sisters, nieces & nephews, etc?

Think it will be any different as the political separation comes to finality and its state vs. state, city vs. city, county vs. county? With people that are not immediate family...and morals no where close to then? And much more at stake than the sole gripe of "he thinketh to rule over us"....financial collapse, food shortages, disease, and ultimately disagreements on everything...

It's WWIII...very early stages...but certainly kicked off and going. Multi-dimensional & 5th generation. From the ultra rich trying to hold on to control in the midst of a financial collapse to literal combat.

Lots of weapons are effective...but battle rifles really shine when it comes to battle. You can get a decent black rifle for $500 or less now (PSA is good bang for the buck and constantly running daily deals). 1000 rds of ammo will run you another $500. Odds are any conflict won't last more than a 20-30 rds but you never know....

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

hedgehog wrote: January 21st, 2023, 1:50 am Shorter:

Which the prevailing counsel for several years has been...get micro direction! Basically they will be of little use to you in your individual decisions...and that started before Covid...and I think especially pertinent during Covid...and perhaps even more so with what is coming next...

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

It has already started in the housing market. Everything crashes this year.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

Liahona wrote: January 21st, 2023, 11:16 am

another doubting Thomas.

just like a few years ago -
people like you I'm sure were saying - "all is well in Zion" and nothing will happen this year.
And yet - we had the biggest thing that happened in 100 years -
this whole SCAMDEMIC !

people like you. SMH
do you believe in anything outside of your KSL News and what your church leaders tell you ? lol.
I didn't think so.

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

This morning my husband told me of a very short dream. He was told that if he did not rely on the Lord he would be mowed down with the weeds. He was confused as to the meaning of the dream. I explained that I believe the "weeds" means the wicked.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

When does the SHTF ?
It started at the very end of 2019.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

You mean, when DID it. And it's still hitting it.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

creator wrote: January 25th, 2023, 3:35 pm

You mean, when DID it. And it's still hitting it.
I'm of a strong opinion that

https://youtu.be/4cia_v4vxfE?t=43

What we are seeing now is the "pretty tulips in purple tights pre-show".

;)
slowly at first, and then all at once
so that even the Saints shall "hardly escape":
it is a false idea that the Saints will escape all the judgments, whilst the wicked suffer; for all flesh is subject to suffer, and "the righteous shall hardly escape;" still many of the Saints will escape, for the just shall live by faith; yet many of the righteous shall fall a prey to disease, to pestilence, etc., by reason of the weakness of the flesh, and yet be saved in the Kingdom of God. So that it is an unhallowed principle to say that such and such have transgressed because they have been prayed upon by disease or death, for all flesh is subject to death; and the Savior has said, "Judge not, lest ye be judged." (September 29, 1839.)