When does the SHTF ?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: When does the SHTF ?

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Silver Pie wrote: January 25th, 2023, 3:31 pm When does the SHTF ?
It started at the very end of 2019.
19 is a factor that 38 and 57 have in common.

The scent became strong, as demonstration earthquakes began.

The next wave will be unprecedented.❗️

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

One example of why I maintain that it is already hitting the fan, and has been for a long time.. think back to WW2 in Germany, Russia, Japan, etc, and all the tyranny, the deaths, the cities destroyed, having to rebuild, start a new life, etc. There are plenty of other examples throughout history, even in the U.S.

It's the Book of Mormon Pride Cycle over and over again.

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

creator wrote: January 26th, 2023, 11:22 am One example of why I maintain that it is already hitting the fan, and has been for a long time.. think back to WW2 in Germany, Russia, Japan, etc, and all the tyranny, the deaths, the cities destroyed, having to rebuild, start a new life, etc. There are plenty of other examples throughout history, even in the U.S.

It's the Book of Mormon Pride Cycle over and over again.
The Fourth Turning?

But in these endless cycles, at some points more S is hitting TF than others.

Consistent with all those cyclical realities, my own view is that we are approaching a point in this particular cycle when more S is probably going to HTF than we have seen up to this point in our own lifetimes.

It's all relative, I suppose.
Last edited by tmac on January 27th, 2023, 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

All joking aside, I have a bit narrower definition of a SHTF event - I would say SHTF when there's a significant

- unemployment rate - like a "great depression":

~ https://www.infoplease.com/business/lab ... yment-rate

- rise in the death rate over a short time period - such as a major war, or a real pandemic. Covid doesn't count because *everyone* was dying "with" covid. But the clot shot might count - but only if it's eventually reported on GMA or somewhere the sheeple would notice. (1)

For example - here's a SHTF moment - the 1918 flu pandemic - https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data-visualiza ... /index.htm look at the spike in the death rate:

But I guess a couple hundred thousand dead WWII soldiers on D-day didn't make much of a blip that year?

(1) They are most likely lying to us - they don't have any incentive to tell the truth, they provably have no morals, and it's in their best interest to lie, so why wouldn't they lie? Apparently, I'm making the point that SHTF has been happening for quite some time. Independent of any graph or statistic or new story: I don't think we're "there" yet for the big event. The only thing that's going on now is the tide is apparently going far, far, far out to sea (in preparation for the biggest tsunami the world has ever seen? maybe....), while we all stand around and gawk at the empty beach (but we should be scrambling for higher ground (i.e.: get out of debt, get your preps ready, find a safe location, build your meatspace network, etc.).

Remember this, though:
Matt 24:38 in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
This is why I think SHTF won't be "on the 10 o'clock news" - it'll be lies right up until midnight, and then suddenly: "survival of the fittest".

Carry on.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

We've really been conditioned to think that "The modern world" is much more resilient, much smarter - why, we have ChatGPT to tell us if the world is going to crash! We're not cavemen anymore - we have smartphones for heck's sake! We'll be apprised, not surprised.

uh huh. tell me more:

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

tmac wrote: January 26th, 2023, 12:07 pm Consistent with all those cyclical realities, my own view is that we are approaching a point in this particular cycle when more S is probably going to HTF than we have seen up to this point in our own lifetimes.
I think we are fast approaching what we see in two societies in the Book of Mormon - that of violence all over the land and people killing each other until hardly anyone is left. Plus more and more upheaval in nature. Maybe that shift of earth's mantle that I understand is due anytime will happen and uproot and wipe out the most wicked of us.

But it would leave us in cave-man times, and our descendants would pass down stories about us. The "birds" we used to fly in (planes and helicopters). The bombs (only that word would probably eventually be changed) that could destroy whole cities. I don't know how computers and cell phones would be described.

We would be like Atlantis or any other "myth" that few now believe were real cities, real things, real destructions. They would think we didn't exist and that THEY are the pinnacle of knowledge and wisdom and that people didn't exist in our day - or, if they did, they were akin to apes with no real intelligence.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

mudflap wrote: January 26th, 2023, 12:26 pm All joking aside, I have a bit narrower definition of a SHTF event - I would say SHTF when there's a significant

- unemployment rate - like a "great depression":

~ https://www.infoplease.com/business/lab ... yment-rate

- rise in the death rate over a short time period - such as a major war, or a real pandemic. Covid doesn't count because *everyone* was dying "with" covid. But the clot shot might count - but only if it's eventually reported on GMA or somewhere the sheeple would notice. (1)

For example - here's a SHTF moment - the 1918 flu pandemic - https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data-visualiza ... /index.htm look at the spike in the death rate:

But I guess a couple hundred thousand dead WWII soldiers on D-day didn't make much of a blip that year?

(1) They are most likely lying to us - they don't have any incentive to tell the truth, they provably have no morals, and it's in their best interest to lie, so why wouldn't they lie? Apparently, I'm making the point that SHTF has been happening for quite some time. Independent of any graph or statistic or new story: I don't think we're "there" yet for the big event. The only thing that's going on now is the tide is apparently going far, far, far out to sea (in preparation for the biggest tsunami the world has ever seen? maybe....), while we all stand around and gawk at the empty beach (but we should be scrambling for higher ground (i.e.: get out of debt, get your preps ready, find a safe location, build your meatspace network, etc.).

Remember this, though:
Matt 24:38 in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
This is why I think SHTF won't be "on the 10 o'clock news" - it'll be lies right up until midnight, and then suddenly: "survival of the fittest".

Carry on.
You're right. It's brewing. These data sets are obviously hand picked to make this point, but the point about our lifestyles is made and is valid, whichever data you choose to look at.
(someone here shared this graph, I forget who, think it was OI, credit to him)
savings vs credit card.jpg
savings vs credit card.jpg (111.73 KiB) Viewed 616 times

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

I think realistically, hyperinflation is coming. I don't think the globalists will allow the economy to collapse so long as they get anything from it. Once hyperinflation does set in, then the dollar will become worthless; and then the economy will finally go back to something that has some kind of value. (Also, it would be a great opportunity for the antichrist to hit us up with the new fed digital id, but hey).

Congress called their omnibus bill "inflation-reduction" but they know inflation is coming. The Ukraine war is allowing trillions of dollars to be made out of thin air as they take out bonds to pay for American weapons and hedge them with hedgefunds with a trillion per billion dollar bond. (William Mount explained this on his recent youtube video for Jan 26).

The globalists just keep winning all because a couple billionaires figured out how to rig our elections and we haven't figured out a way to stop it.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I do think things will hold together until at least April 2024. After the total eclipse of the sun over the USA, anything can happen, but I think that's when God will stop protecting us, as a country, from our enemies.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

yeah, there's the "long term SHTF" that we're dealing with now: I call this the "societal degradation".

But that's different from the pending "acute SHTF", which could be any of these or all of them:

- full-on war with Russia
- hyperinflation (gas prices are on the rise)
- a national red flag law and ATF/FBI enforcement on a national level
- invasion of Taiwan
- another pandemic
- natural disaster

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Juliet wrote: January 26th, 2023, 3:22 pm I think realistically, hyperinflation is coming. I don't think the globalists will allow the economy to collapse so long as they get anything from it. Once hyperinflation does set in, then the dollar will become worthless; and then the economy will finally go back to something that has some kind of value. (Also, it would be a great opportunity for the antichrist to hit us up with the new fed digital id, but hey).

Congress called their omnibus bill "inflation-reduction" but they know inflation is coming. The Ukraine war is allowing trillions of dollars to be made out of thin air as they take out bonds to pay for American weapons and hedge them with hedgefunds with a trillion per billion dollar bond. (William Mount explained this on his recent youtube video for Jan 26).

The globalists just keep winning all because a couple billionaires figured out how to rig our elections and we haven't figured out a way to stop it.
...far more risk of deflation than hyperinflation...

...but I get that has been the prevailing popular thought pattern for some years now...

...the greatest risk though will be a devastating plague me thinks...when Bill Gates gives up on trying to get people to voluntarily take something (close if not there now)...or in other words perceive that they are losing control of the narrative and the people...the liability will be too big and they'll unleash everything in their bio-arsenal to eradicate their enemies outside of a control group that they believe they can control...

...things like the Project Veritas release last night are becoming more frequent...all the vaxx believers are getting their cages rattled near daily now...and some even (like Scott) are admitting defeat...

...the believers will be more angry than the anti-vaxxers ever were...

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

In the modern, developed world we live in, it's all about money, so whether by inflation or deflation, they will destroy the economy the rest of us operate in, so that only they can profit while everyone else either dies relatively quickly (whether by bio-weapons or more conventional, it already is, and will ultimately be, all-out war, whether civil or WWIII or all of the above), or slowly starves to death, as the elite seek to seriously thin the ranks in accordance with the whole depopulation objective, leaving mostly their own privileged ranks to enjoy the spoils, while they continue to concentrate and centralize power. At least that is my perception of their objectives. But I suppose at some point, perhaps sooner, rather than later, the elite might start breaking rank and turning on each other. Either way, most of the rest of us will likely end up as little more than collateral damage, in one form or another.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

My in a nutshell guess is prophecy will be fulfilled and they will fill the pit they've dug. Part of that is them turning on each other or as the scriptures state...they'll feed on their own flesh.

System (control structure) will collapse in the process. Then it will be small scale warfare in abundance as everyone fights to conquer their own local hill and be king for the day.

Due to good folks and some repentance (plague, some good natural disasters, wars, 70 lb hailstones, etc)...along with structure and Priesthood...Zion will get created and carved out here in the rockies and will eventually spread over the rest of the land.

Europe not so lucky and just mobs of people killing each other (scorched earth). I'm also guessing that the few good folks left will group together and will be preserved by a highway created from the deep so the lost tribes can escape and cross over.

Christ will return at some point in there creating a spiritual burning that causes the dark ones that are left to try and hide themselves deep in the earth...half a Millennium of missionary work...nice stint of fruit being gathered in...then 150 years of darkness...and then righteous raised up and literal physical burning of the earth...

Could go on...and Cleon laid out a nice template of governance for the rockies side of things...but then it would cease to be a nutshell...and certainly want to keep the nut intact...

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

Jason wrote: January 26th, 2023, 7:21 pm My in a nutshell guess is prophecy will be fulfilled and they will fill the pit they've dug. Part of that is them turning on each other or as the scriptures state...they'll feed on their own flesh.

System (control structure) will collapse in the process. Then it will be small scale warfare in abundance as everyone fights to conquer their own local hill and be king for the day.

Due to good folks and some repentance (plague, some good natural disasters, wars, 70 lb hailstones, etc)...along with structure and Priesthood...Zion will get created and carved out here in the rockies and will eventually spread over the rest of the land.

Europe not so lucky and just mobs of people killing each other (scorched earth). I'm also guessing that the few good folks left will group together and will be preserved by a highway created from the deep so the lost tribes can escape and cross over.

Christ will return at some point in there creating a spiritual burning that causes the dark ones that are left to try and hide themselves deep in the earth...half a Millennium of missionary work...nice stint of fruit being gathered in...then 150 years of darkness...and then righteous raised up and literal physical burning of the earth...

Could go on...and Cleon laid out a nice template of governance for the rockies side of things...but then it would cease to be a nutshell...and certainly want to keep the nut intact...
So, given the scenario you've laid out, just how important are the mountains, and what is their role in the whole equation? I've been thinking a lot about that lately, and trying to completely wrap my mind around the strategic advantage(s) of the mountains, because at this point I'm actually having a hard time thinking that the advantage will be that the existing inhabitants of that region are simply more "righteous" than everyone else.

Next question is, exactly what/where would you define (or consider to be) "The Rockies"? Somewhere (everything?) between the Continental Divide and the Sierra Nevadas?

In Idaho, with the Snake River, etc., you might be a whole lot better off, but at this point, the whole state of Utah, for example, does not produce enough food to support its own population, so that's a factor. Same with Nevada, and probably Colorado. Shorter growing seasons and harsher winters are part of that. But, the reality is, aside from the mountains, the rest of it is a pretty arid climate that produces relatively little without irrigation. Are Utah, Colorado and Nevada capable of feeding 10,000,000 people, even on their best day? But at this point, without a whole lot of serious repentance, why would God bother to save Colorado and/or Nevada? Or even Utah, for that matter?

But if repentance is the only key, what advantage do the mountains provide? Why would repentant folks in other locations not also qualify for protection? What is it about the mountains? The "Boys from the mountains, who will ride in and save the Constitution"? What boys? What elders? Where are they?

I know we've got prophesies, but when I look at present conditions in the current state of "Zion," I'm just trying to wrap my mind around all of it, including the purported strategic advantage of the mountains in the overall divine scheme of things, and what the conditions will be that create that advantage.

Thoughts?
Last edited by tmac on January 26th, 2023, 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

tmac wrote: January 26th, 2023, 7:55 pm just how important are the mountains, and what is their role in the whole equation?
. . .

Thoughts?
Sideways of your question -
According to this guy, only the tops of the mountains not next to oceans will be safe if the earth's mantle shifts. He's quite interesting. White parts are safe parts if the oceans rise (but this video doesn't count tsunamis). The blue parts are under water.

He isn't talking "global warming". He's more about the magnetic field around the earth weakening, and the sun shooting out a solar flare that will be worse than the Carrington event because we have computers and a whole lot of electronics that can be fried. He doesn't talk about that in this video, though.

For anyone interested, I'd recommend going to his channel and seeing what he has. Most of his videos are short.

5 min, 10 seconds

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

Silver Pie wrote: January 26th, 2023, 8:30 pm
tmac wrote: January 26th, 2023, 7:55 pm just how important are the mountains, and what is their role in the whole equation?
. . .

Thoughts?

Sideways of your question -
According to this guy, only the tops of the mountains not next to oceans will be safe if the earth's mantle shifts. He's quite interesting. White parts are safe parts if the oceans rise (but this video doesn't count tsunamis). The blue parts are under water.

He isn't talking "global warming". He's more about the magnetic field around the earth weakening, and the sun shooting out a solar flare that will be worse than the Carrington event because we have computers and a whole lot of electronics that can be fried. He doesn't talk about that in this video, though.

For anyone interested, I'd recommend going to his channel and seeing what he has. Most of his videos are short.

5 min, 10 seconds
Thank you. This is interesting. And I'll check-out the videos. But as I look at the map, it appears to simply be more "elevation" related than tied to the "tops" of the mountains. Looks to me like essentially anything above about 2000' elevation would fall within the depicted safe zone. That is, indeed, the kind of stuff I'm trying to ferret-out with these kinds of questions.
Last edited by tmac on January 26th, 2023, 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

tmac wrote: January 26th, 2023, 9:10 pm Looks to me like essentially anything about about 2000' would fall within the depicted safe zone.
If you add in the tsunamis the way he talks about them, the safe zone might rise a lot higher.

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

I just watched the video. I find it very interesting, and it does in fact really start to speak to some of the stuff I'm specifically asking about. I've been thinking a lot about this lately.

The last month or so I've been spending a fair amount of time on and around the Navajo Reservation and the Grand Canyon. At some point in my travels, a vision opened in my mind's eye about the natural conditions that I feel like would have needed to exist to create that landscape, including the Grand Canyon.

Instead of simply billions of years of very gradual erosion, what I saw was a massive inundation of water actually coming down along the West side of the Rockies, that would have flowed to and created much of the existing landscape on the Navajo reservation, and carved out the Grand Canyon.

Since then, one of my friends told me about a guy by the name of Graham Hancock who talks to Joe Rogan a lot, and has done a controversial documentary series where he talks about his theory that at some point, during the Ice Age, a comet hit somewhere in the Northern Rockies, and ended up changing the climate and a whole bunch of landscape, by, among other things, quickly melting such large glaciers and ice fields that it created massive flooding that would have completely inundated that whole area, creating Lake Bonneville in the Great Basin, with essentially all the rest of the water accumulating in the Snake/Columbia and Green/Colorado Rivers, and ultimately carving out the Grand Canyon and Columbia River Gorge as massive amounts of water rushed toward the Pacific Ocean.

Once I understood the theory, it seemed to be consistent with the vision I had seen in my mind's eye of what had happened at that time.

That is part of the reason why I am now attempting to better understand likely scenarios at this point that would cause the mountains to be a strategic advantage -- because to be completely honest, that would not have necessarily been the case at that time. The Wasatch and Sierra Nevada mountains trapped that inundation in the Great Basin and prevented it from subsiding for a very long time. Consequently, almost all but the highest valleys within those mountains would have been completely inundated with no where for the water to go for centuries.

So, based on our long-revered prophesies, etc., theories that show how/why the mountains in that same area would now (this time around) hold back a massive inundation of water from the oceans are definitely interesting to me, because that is essentially the only genuinely strategic advantage I can realistically envision for these mountains at this point — unless you simply can’t live without skiing, snowboarding, and snowmobiling, of course.

Other thoughts?
Last edited by tmac on January 27th, 2023, 6:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

mudflap wrote: January 26th, 2023, 12:26 pm For example - here's a SHTF moment - the 1918 flu pandemic - https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data-visualiza ... /index.htm look at the spike in the death rate
Sure, although the real cause of that "flu pandemic" is debatable. Scientists proved viruses are not contagious in 1918. I suspect it was caused by radiation (from radio transmission / broadcasting).

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

tmac wrote: January 26th, 2023, 9:33 pmOther thoughts?
Lake Bonneville is coming back. At least that's what I've heard. I'm just not sure if that's before or after we are invaded by China, Russia and North Korea ;)

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

Obviously Utah politicians put little stock in any theory involving the return of Lake Bonneville. At this point, they believe that the Great Salt Lake completely drying up is the greatest existential threat to life on the Wasatch Front, to the point that that they are wanting to divert as much money and water as possible to the GSL.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

tmac wrote: January 26th, 2023, 7:55 pm
Jason wrote: January 26th, 2023, 7:21 pm My in a nutshell guess is prophecy will be fulfilled and they will fill the pit they've dug. Part of that is them turning on each other or as the scriptures state...they'll feed on their own flesh.

So, given the scenario you've laid out, just how important are the mountains, and what is their role in the whole equation? I've been thinking a lot about that lately, and trying to completely wrap my mind around the strategic advantage(s) of the mountains, because at this point I'm actually having a hard time thinking that the advantage will be that the existing inhabitants of that region are simply more "righteous" than everyone else.

Next question is, exactly what/where would you define (or consider to be) "The Rockies"? Somewhere (everything?) between the Continental Divide and the Sierra Nevadas?

In Idaho, with the Snake River, etc., you might be a whole lot better off, but at this point, the whole state of Utah, for example, does not produce enough food to support its own population, so that's a factor. Same with Nevada, and probably Colorado. Shorter growing seasons and harsher winters are part of that. But, the reality is, aside from the mountains, the rest of it is a pretty arid climate that produces relatively little without irrigation. Are Utah, Colorado and Nevada capable of feeding 10,000,000 people, even on their best day? But at this point, without a whole lot of serious repentance, why would God bother to save Colorado and/or Nevada? Or even Utah, for that matter?

But if repentance is the only key, what advantage do the mountains provide? Why would repentant folks in other locations not also qualify for protection? What is it about the mountains? The "Boys from the mountains, who will ride in and save the Constitution"? What boys? What elders? Where are they?

I know we've got prophesies, but when I look at present conditions in the current state of "Zion," I'm just trying to wrap my mind around all of it, including the purported strategic advantage of the mountains in the overall divine scheme of things, and what the conditions will be that create that advantage.

Thoughts?
Given that we know that the destructions decreed begin among the Saints:
D&C 112:23 darkness covereth the earth, and gross darkness the minds of the people, and all flesh has become corrupt before my face.
24 Behold, vengeance cometh speedily upon the inhabitants of the earth, a day of wrath, a day of burning, a day of desolation, of weeping, of mourning, and of lamentation; and as a whirlwind it shall come upon all the face of the earth, saith the Lord.
25 And upon my house shall it begin, and from my house shall it go forth, saith the Lord;
26 First among those among you, saith the Lord, who have professed to know my name and have not known me, and have blasphemed against me in the midst of my house, saith the Lord.
AND given that the bulk of the concentrated population of the Church will probably remain in Utah, I think it's safe to assume Utah is set for some kind of wonderful destruction. From the wording of this section, a plague seems to fit the best, since it "begins" and then "goes forth". That sounds like a plague, right? It doesn't sound like an earthquake, or a meteor, or a flood - in fact, we know from other scriptures that a flood over the whole earth is not in the plan since it already happened and was promised to never happen again.

Fire, however, IS in the plan.

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

Sounds good. I’m following your reasoning, and can’t really disagree. But how do the mountains factor into the equation? It has long been believed that the mountains would provide some form/level of protection. So, I need someone who feels like they’ve got a handle on it to talk me through it.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

tmac wrote: January 27th, 2023, 6:22 am Obviously Utah politicians put little stock in any theory involving the return of Lake Bonneville. At this point, they believe that the Great Salt Lake completely drying up is the greatest existential threat to life on the Wasatch Front, to the point that that they are wanting to divert as much money and water as possible to the GSL.
Allegedly it's because of all the lithium mining they want to do there.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

tmac wrote: January 27th, 2023, 7:39 am Sounds good. I’m following your reasoning, and can’t really disagree. But how do the mountains factor into the equation? It has long been believed that the mountains would provide some form/level of protection. So, I need someone who feels like they’ve got a handle on it to talk me through it.
I know - I was raised with the same info:
we're safe in these mountain valleys
I'm not sure the mountains offer much protection at this point, what with an international airport, a major N-S interstate (I-15), and 2 major E-W interstates (I-80 and I-84), Utah is just as susceptible to plagues as anywhere else. They are long overdo for a large (6.0+) earthquake. And I would add "cleansing". God can protect whomever he wants, wherever he wants - and destroy in the same manner. Physical barriers aren't a barrier to God's decrees.

I suggest the following sequence:
1. natural disaster (eq, EMP, what-have-you) AND/OR plague. Probably in that order because plagues spread much easier when humans are hungry, cold, shelter-less, and stressed.

2. The righteous are preparing right now because a) they study the scriptures and know how God destroys folks b) they listened to prophets who warned them to prepare (Hinckley's "get out of debt" warning / Benson and Kimball's and further back prophets "store food" warnings). They avoid wicked cities (which are always the targets of God's wrath), even if it means they are poor because they can't find work.

3. The wicked (those who "heed not the warnings of prophets") are not prepared, get diseases from living too close to others (cities), run out of food (also a city problem) and fall pretty fast, just like in Helaman 11:6
For the earth was smitten that it was dry, and did not yield forth grain in the season of grain; and the whole earth was smitten, even among the Lamanites as well as among the Nephites, so that they were smitten that they did perish by thousands in the more wicked parts of the land.
4. The plagues spread out from Utah to the rest of the world. Maybe the world finally has had enough American Imperialism, so they invade what's left of the USA.

5. There are a few righteous folks left in Utah and other places who saw the writing on the wall. And they also love principles of freedom (the South and other rural places in USA). These folks band together and defend from the invaders, with heavenly help. George Washington's vision feels right to me: http://usa-the-republic.com/items%20of% ... html#words :
"And again I heard the mysterious voice saying `Son of the Republic, look and learn.' At this the dark, shadowy angel placed a trumpet to his mouth, and blew three distinct blasts; and taking water from the ocean, he sprinkled it upon Europe, Asia and Africa. Then my eyes beheld a fearful scene: From each of these countries arose thick, black clouds that were soon joined into one. Throughout this mass there gleamed a dark red light by which I saw hordes of armed men, who, moving with the cloud, marched by land and sailed by sea to America. Our country was enveloped in this volume of cloud, and I saw these vast armies devastate the whole county and burn the villages, towns and cities that I beheld springing up. As my ears listened to the thundering of the cannon, clashing of sword, and the shouts and cries of millions in mortal combat, I heard again the mysterious voice saying, `Son of the Republic, look and learn.' When the voice had ceased, the dark shadowy angel placed his trumpet once more to his mouth, and blew a long and fearful blast.

"Instantly a light as of a thousand suns shone down from above me, and pierced and broke into fragments the dark cloud which enveloped America. At the same moment the angel upon whose head still shone the word Union, and who bore our national flag in one hand and a sword in the other, descended from the heavens attended by legions of white spirits. These immediately joined the inhabitants of America, who I perceived were will nigh overcome, but who immediately taking courage again, closed up their broken ranks and renewed the battle.

"Again, amid the fearful noise of the conflict, I heard the mysterious voice saying, `Son of the Republic, look and learn.' As the voice ceased, the shadowy angel for the last time dipped water from the ocean and sprinkled it upon America. Instantly the dark cloud rolled back, together with the armies it had brought, leaving the inhabitants of the land victorious!

"Then once more I beheld the villages, towns and cities springing up where I had seen them before, while the bright angel, planting the azure standard he had brought in the midst of them, cried with a loud voice: `While the stars remain, and the heavens send down dew upon the earth, so long shall the Union last.' And taking from his brow the crown on which blazoned the word `Union,' he placed it upon the Standard while the people, kneeling down, said, `Amen.'

"The scene instantly began to fade and dissolve, and I at last saw nothing but the rising, curling vapor I at first beheld. This also disappearing, I found myself once more gazing upon the mysterious visitor, who, in the same voice I had heard before, said, `Son of the Republic, what you have seen is thus interpreted: Three great perils will come upon the Republic. The most fearful is the third, but in this greatest conflict the whole world united shall not prevail against her. Let every child of the Republic learn to live for his God, his land and the Union'. With these words the vision vanished, and I started from my seat and felt that I had seen a vision wherein had been shown to me the birth, progress, and destiny of the United States.