Guess what info is required before you can cancel a church sealing (aka divorce).

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Guess what info is required before you can cancel a church sealing (aka divorce).

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

A friend recently shared this. Her sister requested to cancel a temple sealing due to divorce. This is what the church requested of her. And now you know the rest of the story.
Attachments
B9601176-BE2E-4910-AEE3-4A8C61C69318.jpeg
B9601176-BE2E-4910-AEE3-4A8C61C69318.jpeg (143.03 KiB) Viewed 1122 times

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Guess what info is required before you can cancel a church sealing (aka divorce).

Post by Niemand »

Screening for adultery.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Guess what info is required before you can cancel a church sealing (aka divorce).

#3?? 🤯

JandD6572
captain of 100

Post by JandD6572 »

hmm, I suppose my response would be simple, Since I am no longer a member of this so called church, the first presidency can kiss where the sun doesn't shine. the sealing in non binding anyhow once one is removed from the church or excommunicated, remember, once this happens, the church supposedly takes all blessings from you, including temple blessings.

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

Neither the temple sealing, nor any other ordinance, has any actual effect until it is fully ratified and sealed by the Holy Spirit of Promise, so what difference does it actually make?

While worthiness for a prospective sealing would seem to have little to do with cancellation of a previous one, that does appear to be what they are attempting to screen(and micro-manage) for.

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Post by FoundMyEden »

This screening process is absolute hell for people with abusive spouses and or people struggling with mental health issues such as ptsd. It adds fuel to the fire and puts power in the hands of the controllers.
There is good news that can override this whole process though…it’s called IQuit. :)

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

FoundMyEden wrote: January 12th, 2023, 9:16 am This screening process is absolute hell for people with abusive spouses and or people struggling with mental health issues such as ptsd. It adds fuel to the fire and puts power in the hands of the controllers.
There is good news that can override this whole process though…it’s called IQuit. :)
Sure is! The church got a page and a half earful when they put me through hell a couple times with my ex-husband who vehemently wanted a temple divorce and probably would have asked for a temple execution if he could have got one. And no matter what the rules say he got what he wanted. No woman lined up to marry him and he got a seiling cancellation anyway just to spite me. Love how the church lets me know by letter in the mail - my son will no longer be mine because he's sealed to the patriarchal line which I am no longer a part of so my child is no longer mine in the heavens.... blah blah blah fu*kity blah. Yeah they like to put people through hell just because one person is disgruntled and does a good job of kissing church butt. They also think they own your information like the government. (The more information they have on individuals the easier they are to manipulate and "handle".)

Today if I wrote it, that page and a half letter would have been me pointing out the wrong genders under their suits, and exposing them for digging up the temples after the reset and pretending they built them, and used Rothschild funding to start church after murdering Joseph Smith, and the MK Ultra experiments and controlling they've done on members of the church... I sure as hell wouldn't give them any more of my personal business just for their Nazi Church Mafia files.

JandD6572
captain of 100

Post by JandD6572 »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: January 12th, 2023, 9:33 am
FoundMyEden wrote: January 12th, 2023, 9:16 am This screening process is absolute hell for people with abusive spouses and or people struggling with mental health issues such as ptsd. It adds fuel to the fire and puts power in the hands of the controllers.
Sure is! The church got a page and a half earful when they put me through hell a couple times with my ex-husband who vehemently wanted a temple divorce and probably would have asked for a temple execution if he could have got one. And no matter what the rules say he got what he wanted. No woman lined up to marry him and he got a seiling cancellation anyway just to spite me. Love how the church lets me know by letter in the mail - my son will no longer be mine because he's sealed to the patriarchal line which I am no longer a part of so my child is no longer mine in the heavens.... blah blah blah fu*kity blah. Yeah they like to put people through hell just because one person is disgruntled and does a good job of kissing church butt. They also think they own your information like the government. (The more information they have on individuals the easier they are to manipulate and "handle".)

Today if I wrote it, that page and a half letter would have been me pointing out the wrong genders under their suits, and exposing them for digging up the temples after the reset and pretending they built them, and used Rothschild funding to start church after murdering Joseph Smith, and the MK Ultra experiments and controlling they've done on members of the church... I sure as hell wouldn't give them any more of my personal business just for their Nazi Church Mafia files.
that a girl!! hold to your boundaries.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: January 12th, 2023, 9:33 am Love how the church lets me know by letter in the mail - my son will no longer be mine because he's sealed to the patriarchal line which I am no longer a part of so my child is no longer mine in the heavens.... blah blah blah fu*kity blah. Yeah they like to put people through hell just because one person is disgruntled and does a good job of kissing church butt. They also think they own your information like the government. (The more information they have on individuals the easier they are to manipulate and "handle".)

WTH????

Amen!!

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

JandD6572 wrote: January 12th, 2023, 6:09 am hmm, I suppose my response would be simple, Since I am no longer a member of this so called church, the first presidency can kiss where the sun doesn't shine. the sealing in non binding anyhow once one is removed from the church or excommunicated, remember, once this happens, the church supposedly takes all blessings from you, including temple blessings.
That is not entirely true.
They are suspended. They still technically exist. This is demonstrated by the fact that when someone who has been excommunicated is rebaptised, after a qualifying period (usually 1 year), they can have all of their former blessings restored by the simple laying on of hands. No need to be re-ordained to the priesthood or to go through the temple again. The restoration of blessings simply lifts the suspension.

JandD6572
captain of 100

Post by JandD6572 »

Robin Hood wrote: January 12th, 2023, 9:43 am
JandD6572 wrote: January 12th, 2023, 6:09 am hmm, I suppose my response would be simple, Since I am no longer a member of this so called church, the first presidency can kiss where the sun doesn't shine. the sealing in non binding anyhow once one is removed from the church or excommunicated, remember, once this happens, the church supposedly takes all blessings from you, including temple blessings.
They are suspended. They still technically exist. This is demonstrated by the fact that when someone who has been excommunicated is rebaptised, after a qualifying period (usually 1 year), they can have all of their former blessings restored by the simple laying on of hands. No need to be re-ordained to the priesthood or to go through the temple again. The restoration of blessings simply lifts the suspension.
Yes, but... that is only true if the individual in question decides they will be re-baptized and return to the temple, in my case, I will not be re-baptized, so, when I pass from this life, those blessings will not be there.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

What blessings? Stuff we can get without the church? Or stuff the church gives you that nobody misses when they leave the church? 😅

Okay it does kind of suck they blur their websites on my IP address now so I have to use my actual book or a different website to look up a scripture. But I'm getting by!

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: January 12th, 2023, 10:26 am

Okay it does kind of suck they blur their websites on my IP address now so I have to use my actual book or a different website to look up a scripture. But I'm getting by!
🤔

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

JandD6572 wrote: January 12th, 2023, 10:26 am
Yes, but... that is only true if the individual in question decides they will be re-baptized and return to the temple, in my case, I will not be re-baptized, so, when I pass from this life, those blessings will not be there.

Thankfully, that's up to God and God alone - not a bunch of suits in SLC.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 12th, 2023, 5:17 am A friend recently shared this. Her sister requested to cancel a temple sealing due to divorce. This is what the church requested of her. And now you know the rest of the story.
???

Messed up. But for a different reason. They seem to think that only things that are "sins" are those things that are resolved through the Bishop.
They would be better off just specifying what they are looking for....

I read this and I'd start saying; well last Tuesday I had a moment of anger that I repented for, last Wed. I said something I should have that I am working on . . .

SMH .. .toedies

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

spiritMan wrote: January 12th, 2023, 11:02 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 12th, 2023, 5:17 am A friend recently shared this. Her sister requested to cancel a temple sealing due to divorce. This is what the church requested of her. And now you know the rest of the story.
???

Messed up. But for a different reason. They seem to think that only things that are "sins" are those things that are resolved through the Bishop.

I read this and I'd start saying; well last Tuesday I had a moment of anger that I repented for, last Wed. I said something I should have that I am working on . . .

SMH .. .toedies
I would just start quoting from a spicy romance novel. :)

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Post by FoundMyEden »

:D
Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 12th, 2023, 11:05 am
???

SMH .. .toedies

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 12th, 2023, 11:05 am
???

SMH .. .toedies

Or William Clayton's journal...

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

Robin Hood wrote: January 12th, 2023, 9:43 am That is not entirely true.
There is no evidence to suggest that someone loses any blessings or priesthood when a group of old men decides that you should be kicked out of the club.

Does God dictate who holds authority, or your local SP?

JandD6572
captain of 100

Post by JandD6572 »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: January 12th, 2023, 11:08 am
There is no evidence to suggest that someone loses any blessings or priesthood when a group of old men decides that you should be kicked out of the club.

For the sake of this argument, and not wanting to go into a lot of detail, wife and I recently divorced, reasons not important at this time, suffice it to say, I do not want anything to do with this church, nor be sealed so someone I am no longer attached to, in love with, or even want to spend an eternity with. Went the split up happened, we were active, I stopped going, so, naturally, this local ward never once questioned me, asked me what was happening. never asked if they could help in anyway, basically, I was abandoned. The only contact I received from the ward was all the hate speech and messages coming from the pheasants. Not one leader, no bishop, no elders quorum pres. no councilor, offered any advice, council, or encouragement. I was just a number, that belonged to no click or groupie within the boundaries of the ward. All friends that I ever knew or had, are now gone. I was left alone with the wolves and the world. from this point on, I plan on staying this way. This ward here in Pa. is the worst and most nastiest ward or branch I have ever attended. Once and for all, I am done with this so called church and the flock of hypocrite leaders and followers.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

JandD6572 wrote: January 12th, 2023, 12:49 pm
For the sake of this argument, and not wanting to go into a lot of detail, wife and I recently divorced, reasons not important at this time, suffice it to say, I do not want anything to do with this church, nor be sealed so someone I am no longer attached to, in love with, or even want to spend an eternity with. Went the split up happened, we were active, I stopped going, so, naturally, this local ward never once questioned me, asked me what was happening. never asked if they could help in anyway, basically, I was abandoned. The only contact I received from the ward was all the hate speech and messages coming from the pheasants. Not one leader, no bishop, no elders quorum pres. no councilor, offered any advice, council, or encouragement. I was just a number, that belonged to no click or groupie within the boundaries of the ward. All friends that I ever knew or had, are now gone. I was left alone with the wolves and the world. from this point on, I plan on staying this way. This ward here in Pa. is the worst and most nastiest ward or branch I have ever attended. Once and for all, I am done with this so called church and the flock of hypocrite leaders and followers.
Is this like a carrier pigeon? :)

In all seriousness, I do pray that God's best be with you in your journey ahead.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Robinhood: So, a sealed wife of a worthy husband, leaves him in adultery for another man. Never attempts to heal the family. Gets civilly divorced. Moving adultery to fornication. Eventually marries the guy she ran away with and no longer lives in sin. Comes back to church and gets rebaptized. She gets all her blessings back/restored............. But, she now has a civil companion, not a celestial companion. How does she get those blessings back? Seems celestial marriage is a team sport and yes one of the partners may continue in the covenants and earn them, I get that. But, what does it mean to get back your blessings............................................. reconnected in marriage to her civil divorced partner?

JandD6572
captain of 100

Post by JandD6572 »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 12th, 2023, 12:53 pm
Is this like a carrier pigeon? :)

In all seriousness, I do pray that God's best be with you in your journey ahead.
LOL, no, I received text messages and emails non stop when this all first started. I was told some very horrible things, and was presented with ugly curses and damning judgment as though they were God himself.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Step 3 almost sounds as if they are on the verge of adding that pictures be included.

hedgehog
captain of 100

Post by hedgehog »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: January 12th, 2023, 11:08 am

That is sad.
I worry my price of avoiding talking to people at church and the neighborhood due to my repeat bad experiences of dealing with social posturers, NPC, and those programmed by the TV with *current year,* is that I miss out on being friends with a few people like yourself. Years I needed a sane friend as well.

We men who don't like talking to people at sports bars or at amidst church pageantry need to start finding each other better. Heaven knows leaders or all the so called "compassionate inclusive crowd" will never help and will continue to actively disrupt any attempts by us to do so.