My Third Post Ever

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

My Third Post Ever

Post by darknesstolight »

How do you know who is a real servant? I agree and believe in the scripture "For he that receiveth my servants receiveth me". Who is God's servant or who are God's servants? What makes one God's servant? A title? A position?

-Finrock

darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

Re: My Third Post Ever

Yes, these scriptures tell us that God calls servants, it tell us that if we receive God's servants we receive Him, etc. But, how do you know, freedomforall, who is God's servant? Before we follow God's servants don't we need to identify them? What identifies God's servants so that one may "receive them"?

-Finrock

darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

The question at hand, however, is how does one identify who God's servants are? How can I identify God's servants? Or I mean more generally, how can anyone identify God's servants? Is it by title? By position? By what standard do we tell who is God's servant?

-Finrock

darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

Robert Sinclair wrote:
By their fruits. Are they keeping "all" the commandments of Jesus Christ or are they not.

But you must come to know of yourselves "all" the commandments of Jesus Christ to know of these things, and not be blinded and binded by the Beast of ignorance, to be led into captivity of the Devil. ♡

darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

God says we can identify His servants by their fruits. God's servants are everywhere. We just have to be able to hear them. In order to hear them we must understand how God speaks. We need to learn to hear and to obey God's voice and then we will be able to hear and follow the voice of His servants.

We can know the truth of all things by the Spirit.

Not title or position makes one a servant of God. Being placed in to a position and being given a title does not make one so. My grandmother and mother raped me repeatedly between the ages of 4-6. They had the title and the position but they abused it. Titles and positions are meaningless unless the inward vessel is clean.

We don't need to reject God's servants just because they aren't speaking from the pulpit at general conference. As we learn to hear God's voice, we will learn to hear His servants, wherever they may be.

-Finrock

darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

Robert Sinclair wrote:
It will help you if you do a personal hand written copy of everything Jesus Christ has said to do, and every single way that Jesus Christ has said to be like, and every single thing that Jesus Christ has said to know. Start with Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and 3rd Nephi. For the parables write down what you feel the message is Jesus is making.

Read this report over and over, day and night laboring to memorize all these things.

Then finish the balance of the "One Stick" of all these things as well.

Keep and treasure this report and xerox copies and store where you can refer to it often.

Also to help you listen to audio versions of the scriptures day and night while you are unable to read. You can even play the scriptures all night long on low in the background, saying your prayers at night, that the Lord will allow these words of his to enter into your heart.

Put his words you may struggle with upon your walls and doors and cabinets and anywhere it might help remind you to look, these are things Moses taught, of the Lord to help the people learn the words of God.

Once you have memorized all his words, you will see this is of more worth to your very soul, than all the wealth of the entire world, and no one will be able to mislead you, or take away this knowledge from you, if you always hold fast to the words of God given through the Savior of this world, even the LORD Jesus Christ.

Any man not doing all these things you will come to know perfectly.

Good to have this knowledge and follow these instructions yourself, keeping all his commandments, notwithstanding all those who will call you a fool and even worse, they may get angry at you and wish to harm you or even kill you, so be wise but harmless always watchful as Jesus Christ has said.

I am only a brother and fellow servant, but I do care and desire that others come to know these things as I have come to know them or even far greater.

May God bless you in this search of all his words of great counsel and commandments, that you may feed his sheep and help him in this great work, of redeeming and building Zion. ♡

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

darknesstolight wrote: January 10th, 2023, 10:15 am Robert Sinclair wrote:
It will help you if you do a personal hand written copy of everything Jesus Christ has said to do, and every single way that Jesus Christ has said to be like, and every single thing that Jesus Christ has said to know. Start with Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and 3rd Nephi. For the parables write down what you feel the message is Jesus is making.

Read this report over and over, day and night laboring to memorize all these things.

Then finish the balance of the "One Stick" of all these things as well.

Keep and treasure this report and xerox copies and store where you can refer to it often.

Also to help you listen to audio versions of the scriptures day and night while you are unable to read. You can even play the scriptures all night long on low in the background, saying your prayers at night, that the Lord will allow these words of his to enter into your heart.

Put his words you may struggle with upon your walls and doors and cabinets and anywhere it might help remind you to look, these are things Moses taught, of the Lord to help the people learn the words of God.

Once you have memorized all his words, you will see this is of more worth to your very soul, than all the wealth of the entire world, and no one will be able to mislead you, or take away this knowledge from you, if you always hold fast to the words of God given through the Savior of this world, even the LORD Jesus Christ.

Any man not doing all these things you will come to know perfectly.

Good to have this knowledge and follow these instructions yourself, keeping all his commandments, notwithstanding all those who will call you a fool and even worse, they may get angry at you and wish to harm you or even kill you, so be wise but harmless always watchful as Jesus Christ has said.

I am only a brother and fellow servant, but I do care and desire that others come to know these things as I have come to know them or even far greater.

May God bless you in this search of all his words of great counsel and commandments, that you may feed his sheep and help him in this great work, of redeeming and building Zion. ♡
A true messenger.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

darknesstolight wrote: January 10th, 2023, 9:58 am How do you know who is a real servant? I agree and believe in the scripture "For he that receiveth my servants receiveth me". Who is God's servant or who are God's servants? What makes one God's servant? A title? A position?

-Finrock
Good questions all, at the second T0CK of the clock. 1.50
Last edited by BeNotDeceived on January 10th, 2023, 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

BeNotDeceived wrote: January 10th, 2023, 11:30 am
darknesstolight wrote: January 10th, 2023, 9:58 am How do you know who is a real servant? I agree and believe in the scripture "For he that receiveth my servants receiveth me". Who is God's servant or who are God's servants? What makes one God's servant? A title? A position?

-Finrock
Good questions all, at the second T0CK of the clock. 1.50
Wasn't me because I don't understand to manipulate it. :P

darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

Is 1.5 the gap?

darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

I responded to Agent38 at 1:38 and posted about 1.5 at 1:50. What a coincidence.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

darknesstolight wrote: January 10th, 2023, 12:29 pm I responded to Agent38 at 1:38 and posted about 1.5 at 1:50. What a coincidence.

search.php?keywords=T1CK
search.php?keywords=TOCK

Sherwin’s post rate represents the ticking of a great clock. The T0CK time interval is longer than the T1CK time interval.

Anyone care to explain why. :?:

T0CK 1.50

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

-Finrock
A willingness, even a desire to serve.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

I miss Robert.

Seeker144k
captain of 100

Post by Seeker144k »

-Finrock
If and only when a person speaks by the power of the Holy Ghost or acts under its direction are they acting as a servant of God. Titles and priesthood and positions do not determine whether a person is a servant. D&C 121 tells us that "almost all men" who are called to positions they suppose place them in authority, immediately begin to fight against God and persecute the Saints, ie. THEY ACT WITH TITLES AND POSITIONS AGAINST GOD and not as His servants.

It doesn't take much to be a true servant of God. Jonah had many flaws and weaknesses and perhaps what some would call sins and when he spoke and acted under the direction of the Holy Ghost, he was a servant of God.

Ð&C 68:3-5 speaks about Missionaries but applies to anyone who has the gift of the Holy Ghost.
3 And this is the ensample unto them, that they shall speak as they are moved upon by the Holy Ghost.
4 And whatsoever they shall speak when moved upon by the Holy Ghost shall be scripture, shall be the will of the Lord, shall be the mind of the Lord, shall be the word of the Lord, shall be the voice of the Lord, and the power of God unto salvation.
5 Behold, this is the promise of the Lord unto you, O ye my servants
D&C 50 gives us more insight into this, saying:
17 Verily I say unto you, he that is ordained of me and sent forth to preach the word of truth by the Comforter, in the Spirit of truth, doth he preach it by the Spirit of truth or some other way?
18 And if it be by some other way it is not of God.
Realizing a servant is someone acting for God, they must be of God. If they are not of God, then they cannot be His servant.

Because they are only servants when acting for God, we can only recognize them by recognizing the Holy Ghost, which requires you to receive of God. There is no other way.
D&C 50
19 And again, he that receiveth the word of truth, doth he receive it by the Spirit of truth or some other way?
20 If it be some other way it is not of God.
~Seeker

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

marc wrote: January 11th, 2023, 4:00 pmI miss Robert.
Never knew him but can tell I'd have absolutely loved him. I feel I can picture him speaking out his posts as I read them..... It's pretty awesome 😊

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Cruiserdude wrote: January 11th, 2023, 4:39 pm
Never knew him but can tell I'd have absolutely loved him. I feel I can picture him speaking out his posts as I read them..... It's pretty awesome 😊
He and I often exchanged messages and as he was getting old didn't spend much time on Facebook either. He drank a LOT but that was some kind of depression. The guy literally wept for Zion. He tried reaching general authorities, but far as I can tell, they ignored him. He eventually ended up in the outer darkness forum, can't remember why. But you can glean a lot from all his old posts. He was one of a kind.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

marc wrote: January 11th, 2023, 4:52 pm
Cruiserdude wrote: January 11th, 2023, 4:39 pm
He and I often exchanged messages and as he was getting old didn't spend much time on Facebook either. He drank a LOT but that was some kind of depression. The guy literally wept for Zion. He tried reaching general authorities, but far as I can tell, they ignored him. He eventually ended up in the outer darkness forum, can't remember why. But you can glean a lot from all his old posts. He was one of a kind.
What an incredible character and heart. I can tell he has/had very sincere real love in his heart for his fellow men. I admire men like him. His struggles seem so unfair.
... How is it that it seems those who have the greatest hearts and love to offer also have to contend with the worst the natural man can throw at anyone!! I swear the equal opposition principle exists in ALL THINGS!

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Cruiserdude wrote: January 11th, 2023, 5:02 pm ... How is it that it seems those who have the greatest hearts and love to offer also have to contend with the worst the natural man can throw at anyone!! I swear the equal opposition principle exists in ALL THINGS!
Because we all live in countless shades of gray. The closer one approaches white, the more repulsive one becomes to those who live in the gray areas. Same with those who approach black. The absolute refusal of the "whites" to be or do anything less than white offends those who pretend to be white. This is one reason the Pharisees hated Jesus. But the righteous are not offended by truth the way Laman and Lemuel were offended by Nephi:

1 And now it came to pass that after I, Nephi, had made an end of speaking to my brethren, behold they said unto me: Thou hast declared unto us hard things, more than we are able to bear.

2 And it came to pass that I said unto them that I knew that I had spoken hard things against the wicked, according to the truth; and the righteous have I justified, and testified that they should be lifted up at the last day; wherefore, the guilty taketh the truth to be hard, for it cutteth them to the very center.

3 And now my brethren, if ye were righteous and were willing to hearken to the truth, and give heed unto it, that ye might walk uprightly before God, then ye would not murmur because of the truth, and say: Thou speakest hard things against us.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

darknesstolight wrote: January 10th, 2023, 12:29 pm I responded to Agent38 at 1:38 and posted about 1.5 at 1:50. What a coincidence.

Worst ground stop since 9/11 on 1/11.

Who was 111 guy. :?:

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

darknesstolight wrote: January 10th, 2023, 11:32 am https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T_-jdzaQlCI

Siftin'

Why did you post this?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Shawn Henry wrote: January 12th, 2023, 2:54 am
darknesstolight wrote: January 10th, 2023, 11:32 am https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T_-jdzaQlCI

Siftin'

Why did you post this?
Very interesting,

The giant instrument is the cursive shape of letter j. 8-)

Is cursive still taught in schools?

darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

Shawn Henry wrote: January 12th, 2023, 2:54 am

Siftin'

Why did you post this?
“I know not, save the Lord commanded me” (Moses 5:6) :)