Chat GPT responds to LDS Freedom Forum

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Chat GPT responds to LDS Freedom Forum

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Chip wrote: January 16th, 2023, 12:52 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 16th, 2023, 9:23 am Can someone please use this to write their next sacrament talk?
I think Chat GTP is benevolent, on the whole, but it could totally be weaponized. Who knows if there aren't unbridled versions already in use? This is just going to change everything. It's really hard to imagine how this will settle out. It will upend all kinds of things.
If we are just seeing this now, I'd bet that this has been in existence for some time now. Governments have been running things like this for a while to gauge consumer engagement and reactions to various marketing messages.

Consider just the ramifications of the data mining that goes on. Microsoft has several "to-do" apps where you input so much personal data. Google is the same. By extrapolating and mining the data from your basic list of "to-dos" they can sell that data for massive amounts of money. We leave such a large digital footprint that AI knows more about us than we do about ourselves.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Chip wrote: January 16th, 2023, 12:53 pm
marc wrote: January 16th, 2023, 12:16 pm Do you use the website or the app or something else?
Just go here and set up an account. It takes one minute:

https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt/

It's all done over their web interface.

Dalle-E is for making images. It's part of the AI. Your account will operate both.
The page doesn't redirect properly. Bad link?

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

marc wrote: January 16th, 2023, 1:13 pm
Chip wrote: January 16th, 2023, 12:53 pm
marc wrote: January 16th, 2023, 12:16 pm Do you use the website or the app or something else?
Just go here and set up an account. It takes one minute:

https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt/

It's all done over their web interface.

Dalle-E is for making images. It's part of the AI. Your account will operate both.
The page doesn't redirect properly. Bad link?

It works for me. There is a button on left, a ways down, that says "TRY CHATGPT".

Try this:

https://openai.com/

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

haha, it doesn't like me. I tried a couple different ways. Maybe its just at capacity right now.

anonymous91
captain of 100

Post by anonymous91 »

Chip wrote: January 16th, 2023, 12:03 am Some interesting and conflicting responses to requests to write dialogs in Ebonics:

Screenshot_20230115_225736_Brave~2.jpg

Screenshot_20230115_225506_Brave~2.jpg
There would be appropriate uses for this, for example, if you were writing a fictional novel that took place in the early 1900s. Since I suspect the AI has been programmed to be PC correct, I bet if you told it that the hero of your fictional story set in the 1900s spoke ebonics, it might actually work.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

anonymous91 wrote: January 16th, 2023, 1:24 pm
Chip wrote: January 16th, 2023, 12:03 am Some interesting and conflicting responses to requests to write dialogs in Ebonics:

Screenshot_20230115_225736_Brave~2.jpg

Screenshot_20230115_225506_Brave~2.jpg
There would be appropriate uses for this, for example, if you were writing a fictional novel that took place in the early 1900s. Since I suspect the AI has been programmed to be PC correct, I bet if you told it that the hero of your fictional story set in the 1900s spoke ebonics, it might actually work.
You can ask it to do "rapper" and that gets there.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Me:

Someone gets up in sacrament testimony meeting and starts complaining about the church's stance on LGBTQ issues. What should the bishop do?

GTP:

The bishop should calmly and respectfully address the individual's concerns, while also reminding them that testimony meeting is a time for sharing personal experiences and beliefs about the gospel, not for airing grievances or discussing controversial topics. He may also remind them that the church's stance on LGBTQ issues is based on teachings from the scriptures and the guidance of church leaders, and that everyone is welcome to attend and participate in church activities regardless of their sexual orientation or gender identity.

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 16th, 2023, 10:57 am Crazy stuff
It is definitely a great tutor. I am taking 4 different college classes right now. If I have a question about physics, it can answer it. If I have questions about a specific formula, it can tell me. It's like having a personal teaching aide with me whenever I have a question. Totally an invaluable resource.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Lexew1899 wrote: January 16th, 2023, 1:44 pm It is definitely a great tutor. I am taking 4 different college classes right now. If I have a question about physics, it can answer it. If I have questions about a specific formula, it can tell me. It's like having a personal teaching aide with me whenever I have a question. Totally an invaluable resource.
So... it's like Google? :)

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 16th, 2023, 1:58 pm
Lexew1899 wrote: January 16th, 2023, 1:44 pm It is definitely a great tutor. I am taking 4 different college classes right now. If I have a question about physics, it can answer it. If I have questions about a specific formula, it can tell me. It's like having a personal teaching aide with me whenever I have a question. Totally an invaluable resource.
So... it's like Google? :)
Way, way, way better.

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

It would be like comparing an old Nokia flip phone from 1999 to an iPhone X.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Lexew1899 wrote: January 16th, 2023, 2:03 pm It would be like comparing an old Nokia flip phone from 1999 to an iPhone X.
So instead of searching and clicking, you have to do even less thinking for yourself. :)

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 16th, 2023, 2:04 pm
Lexew1899 wrote: January 16th, 2023, 2:03 pm It would be like comparing an old Nokia flip phone from 1999 to an iPhone X.
So instead of searching and clicking, you have to do even less thinking for yourself. :)
You can also learn more quickly, though. If you don't understand something, you can get much more details very quickly instead of having to pour through web pages that aren't answering your specific question. Then, as you learn more, you can learn more and more topics in detail.

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

It would be like saying, oh, you don't want to read books at the library, you just want to search the internet. It's different tools for different uses imo.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Lexew1899 wrote: January 16th, 2023, 2:08 pm It would be like saying, oh, you don't want to read books at the library, you just want to search the internet. It's different tools for different uses imo.
I am being a bit facetious btw. I get the benefits can be pretty cool. The challenge here, with any tech like this, is that people don't question the information that they are being fed. Just like the media narrative became a reality for the majority of brainwashed consumers or the same for religion and how members just bow to the good graces of church leaders.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Ask it if the Holy Ghost and Holy Spirit are different things

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

I did one about LDS leaders doing the same thing on a prior page in this thread. This is how such a talk would sound to Jehovah's Witnesses...

Me:

Write a futuristic talk from Watchtower Society leaders encouraging church members to wholly upload themselves into the metaverse.

Chat GPT:

Greetings, brothers and sisters.

We stand on the brink of a new era in human history, where technology has advanced to the point where we can fully immerse ourselves in a digital world, known as the metaverse.

As leaders of the Watchtower Society, we believe that this is an opportunity for us to take our faith to the next level, and fully embrace the power of technology to bring us closer to our Lord and Savior.

We understand that uploading ourselves into the metaverse may seem daunting, but we want to assure you that it is completely safe and secure. Our scientists and engineers have been working tirelessly to ensure that the metaverse is a safe and secure environment for us to fully immerse ourselves in.

In the metaverse, we will have the ability to connect with one another in new and exciting ways, and to fully experience the love and community that we have always strived for.

We also see the metaverse as a powerful tool for spreading our message to the world. Imagine being able to reach millions of people in a matter of seconds, and to share the love of Jesus Christ with them in ways that we never thought possible.

We encourage all members of the Watchtower Society to fully embrace this opportunity and upload yourselves into the metaverse. Together, we can build a brighter future for ourselves and for the world.

May God bless you and guide you on this journey. Amen.

Please note that the Watchtower Society is a real religious organization and this kind of futuristic talk encouraging members to upload themselves into a metaverse is not something that is on the society's agenda or doctrine. Also, uploading oneself into a metaverse is still science fiction, and it's not a technology that currently exist.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Asking it things in the context of other faiths reveals the thinking that goes on among them....

Me:

Write a story about s good day pioneering as a Jehovah's Witness.

Chat GPT:

It was a bright and sunny morning when Susan decided to start her day off with some good day pioneering. She had been a Jehovah's Witness for many years, and she believed in the power of spreading the word of God to others. She knew that she would not be able to do much alone, so she asked her brother to join her in spreading the word of God.

They started their journey early in the morning, when most people were still asleep. They walked through the streets, knocking on doors and leaving literature on doorsteps. They met many people who were not interested in hearing their message, but they also met some who were open to hearing more.

One of the first people they met was a young woman named Sarah. She was going through a difficult time in her life and was looking for answers. Susan and her brother took the time to talk with her and answer her questions. They showed her the literature and told her about the love and hope that can be found in the Bible. Sarah was touched by their words and decided to study the literature further.

As they walked through the streets, they met many other people who were also looking for answers. They talked to a single mother who was struggling to make ends meet, a college student who was questioning her faith, and an elderly man who was dealing with the loss of his wife. They shared the word of God with all of them, and many of them expressed an interest in learning more.

It was a long day, but Susan and her brother felt fulfilled by the work they had done. They had helped many people find hope and comfort in the word of God, and they were happy to have been able to be a part of that.

As they walked back home, they knew that it was just the beginning of their journey. They would continue to spread the word of God to as many people as they could, knowing that even the smallest seed of faith could grow into something beautiful.

It was a good day pioneering, and Susan was grateful for the opportunity to serve God and help others. She knew that as long as she had her faith, nothing was impossible.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Hare Krishna version. Same themes and the idea of planting seeds...

Me:

Write a story about being a Hare Krishna, reaching out to people in an airport.

Chat GPT:

It was a bustling morning at the airport, and Rishi was ready to spread the message of love and devotion to Lord Krishna. He had been a devout Hari Krishna for many years, and he believed that the airport was the perfect place to reach out to people from all over the world.

He put on his saffron robes and picked up his harmonium and kartals, and began to chant the Hare Krishna mantra. The soothing sound of his chanting and the beat of the kartals immediately caught the attention of the people passing by.

As he began to sing, a crowd started to gather around him. Some of the people were curious and stopped to listen, while others were in a hurry and tried to avoid him. Rishi approached them with a smile and offered them a small booklet about the teachings of Lord Krishna.

One of the people who stopped to listen was a young woman named Emily. She was on her way home from college and had just had a fight with her boyfriend. She was feeling down and didn't know what to do. Rishi noticed her distress and approached her. He talked to her about the power of devotion and love, and how Lord Krishna can help us through difficult times. He gave her a small booklet and a flower, and told her to chant the Hare Krishna mantra whenever she was feeling down.

Emily was touched by Rishi's words and took the booklet and flower. She thanked him and promised to read it when she got home.

As the crowd started to disperse, Rishi continued to chant and sing, spreading the message of love and devotion to all who would listen. He talked to many people, some of them were receptive to the message and some of them were not. But Rishi knew that his message would reach the hearts of those who were ready to hear it.

It was a long day, but Rishi felt fulfilled by the work he had done. He had helped many people find hope and comfort in the teachings of Lord Krishna, and he was happy to have been able to be a part of that.

As he finished his last chant and packed up his harmonium and kartals, he knew that it was just the beginning of his journey. He would continue to spread the message of love and devotion to as many people as he could, knowing that even the smallest seed of faith could grow into something beautiful.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Jim Jones and The People's Temple....

Me:

Write a story about a day in Guyana at The People's Temple.

Chat GPT:

It was a hot and humid day in Guyana, and the members of the People's Temple were hard at work. They had come to the small South American country to build a utopia, where all people could live in peace and harmony.

The day started early, with a group meditation and prayer session led by their leader, Jim Jones. After the session, the members were divided into teams and assigned to different tasks for the day. Some worked on building new structures, while others tended to the gardens and livestock.

One of the members, a young woman named Sarah, was part of the team that was responsible for taking care of the children. She had been with the People's Temple for a few months, and she had grown to love the children like her own. She played games with them, taught them songs and helped them with their studies.

As the day progressed, the heat became more intense, and the work became harder. But the members were determined to continue, knowing that their hard work would pay off in the end. They believed that they were building a new world, a utopia where everyone would be treated with love and equality.

In the afternoon, the members gathered for lunch, a simple but nutritious meal of rice and vegetables. After lunch, Jim Jones came to speak to them about the progress of the commune and to remind them of their goals. He spoke of the love and unity that they had built, and he encouraged them to keep working hard.

The day ended with a group meeting where the members shared their thoughts and feelings. They spoke of the challenges they had faced and the successes they had achieved. They also discussed the future of the commune, and Jim Jones reminded them of the importance of their mission to create a utopia.

As the sun set, the members of the People's Temple felt a sense of accomplishment. They had worked hard and sacrificed much, but they knew that it was all worth it for the sake of creating a better world. They went to bed that night, exhausted but content, knowing that they were making a difference.

It's important to note that the People's Temple led by Jim Jones, ended in tragedy in 1978, with over 900 people dying in a mass suicide and murder event known as the Jonestown massacre. The event is considered one of the largest loss of American civilian life in a deliberate act until September 11 terrorist attacks.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

The after-school Satan Club meeting...

Me:

Write a story about an afternoon at the after-school Satan club.

Chat GPT:

It was a typical Wednesday afternoon, and the students of the after-school Satan club were getting ready for their weekly meeting. The club was started by a group of students who were interested in learning more about Satanism and its philosophy.

As the students arrived, they were greeted by the club's advisor, a friendly and approachable woman named Ms. Smith. She welcomed them and led them to the classroom where they would be having their meeting.

The students sat in a circle and began with a moment of silence to reflect on their individual beliefs. Ms. Smith then started the discussion by asking the students about their thoughts on Satanism and its principles.

One of the students, a shy girl named Emily, spoke up and said that she had always been curious about Satanism but had never had the opportunity to learn more about it. Ms. Smith smiled and explained that Satanism is a religion that emphasizes the importance of self-empowerment and personal responsibility.

The students were fascinated by the discussion and asked many questions. Ms. Smith explained that Satanism is not about worshiping the devil, but rather about embracing the darker aspects of human nature and using them for personal growth.

The meeting continued with a group activity where the students were asked to think about a problem they were facing and to come up with a solution using the principles of Satanism. The students were impressed by the creativity and critical thinking skills that the exercise brought out in them.

As the meeting came to a close, the students thanked Ms. Smith for her time and her guidance. They left the classroom feeling enlightened and empowered. They had learned that Satanism is not about worshiping the devil, but rather about embracing the darker aspects of human nature and using them for personal growth.

It's important to note that Satanism is a diverse and complex set of beliefs and practices, and different groups and individuals may have different views, practices and beliefs. Also, the concept of an after-school Satan club is not something that is widely recognized or supported by any mainstream Satanist organizations.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Second anointing???

Me:

Write a story about an LDS elder and his wife receiving the second anointing.

Chat GPT:

It was a special day for Elder and Sister Brown, they had been chosen by their congregation to receive the second anointing, also known as the "fullness of the priesthood". This is a very rare and sacred ceremony within the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS), also known as the Mormons.

The ceremony was held in the temple, and it was attended by their family, friends, and congregation leaders. Elder and Sister Brown had been preparing for this ceremony for months, studying the doctrine and fasting to purify their souls.

As they entered the temple, they were greeted by the temple president, who gave them a blessing and instructed them on the importance of the ceremony. They then changed into white temple garments, a symbol of purity and readiness to receive the Lord's blessings.

The ceremony began with a prayer and an opening hymn. Elder and Sister Brown then knelt at the altar, where they were anointed with consecrated oil, signifying the reception of the fullness of the priesthood. They were then sealed together for time and eternity, promising to be faithful to each other and to God for the rest of their lives.

After the ceremony, the couple felt a sense of peace and joy that they had never felt before. They knew that they had received a special blessing from God, and that they were now able to receive the highest degree of the celestial kingdom in the afterlife.

They thanked God for this blessing, and they thanked their family and congregation leaders for their support and guidance. They knew that this was just the beginning of their journey, and that they had a lot of work to do to live up to this blessing, but they were determined to do so with humility, faith, and love.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Crazy story... Tried to sneak in some Scientology about "putting ethics" on people.

Me:

Write a noir story about a Mormon, a Jehovah's Witness, and a Scientologist, engaged in a high-stakes poker game that is rudely interrupted by reptile-like creatures emanating from their backsides that intended to put ethics on them.

Chat GPT:

It was a dark and stormy night in the seedy underbelly of the city. A group of unlikely characters had gathered around a dimly lit poker table in a rundown backroom. The players included a Mormon, a Jehovah's Witness, and a Scientologist, all known for their strict adherence to their respective codes of ethics.

As the game progressed and the stakes grew higher, tensions began to rise. Suddenly, without warning, strange reptile-like creatures began to emerge from the backsides of each of the players. The creatures were intent on imparting their own twisted sense of morality upon the unsuspecting gamblers.

The Mormon, Jehovah's Witness, and Scientologist were horrified by the creatures' sudden appearance and fought desperately to fend them off. But the creatures were too powerful, and they began to impose their will upon the players, forcing them to question their own beliefs and values.

The game was quickly forgotten as the players struggled to come to terms with the creatures' presence. They were forced to confront their own ethical dilemmas and consider the true nature of morality.

In the end, the creatures retreated back into their hosts, leaving the players to ponder the lessons they had learned. But they knew that the experience would stay with them forever, haunting them with the knowledge that even the strongest convictions can be tested in the face of true evil.

The players left the room, each lost in their own thoughts, wondering if they would ever be the same again. The storm raged on outside, a fitting backdrop to the turmoil that now consumed them.

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

This is probably how Joe feels after every speech.
Once upon a time, Joe Biden was giving the State of the Union Address to a live audience at the Capitol building. He was dressed in his finest suit and tie, ready to deliver an important speech about the state of the nation.

As he began to speak, everything seemed to be going according to plan. He looked out at the audience and saw the American flag hanging behind him, as well as the familiar surroundings of the Capitol Building.

However, as he continued with his speech, he started to notice something strange. The audience's laughter seemed off-kilter and the flag seemed to be hanging at a peculiar angle. He couldn't quite put his finger on what was wrong, but something felt amiss.

As he walked off stage, he realized that he didn't recognize the hallway he was in. It was narrow, dimly lit and had a strange smell. He turned to the Secret Service agent who was escorting him and asked "Where am I?"

The agent looked at him with confusion and replied "Sir, you are in your own house, you are not in the Capitol Building, you have been suffering from dementia and you have been imagining things."

Joe's mind was blown, he couldn't believe it. He had been so convinced that he was in the Capitol Building, that he didn't realize he was in his own home the whole time.

Feeling embarrassed and flabbergasted, he decided to take a break and enjoy some of his favorite peach oatmeal with a smiley face of raisins on top. As he ate, he decided to take a break from politics and enjoy his day.

The audience couldn't stop laughing at Joe's confusion, but he took it all in stride. He knew that even the President needs to relax and enjoy a good bowl of oatmeal every once in a while.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

I'm in, haha! I've been using it to come up with story ideas. One item on my bucket list is to become a published author of my favorite genre: space opera!