What is a Level 1 Warning?

How can we improve the forum? Need help with something on the forum?
Post Reply
User avatar
Lexew1899
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3484
Location: USA

Re: What is a Level 1 Warning?

Post by Lexew1899 »

Cruiserdude wrote: January 7th, 2023, 6:25 am
Lexew1899 wrote: January 7th, 2023, 4:19 am At least AI can give us a chuckle about this drama.
Robin Hood was scrolling through the forums one day, looking for like-minded collectors of Victorian buttons. He loved nothing more than scouring antique stores and online marketplaces for those rare and hard to find buttons that completed his collection.

As he was reading through a thread about a particularly elusive button, he came across a post from a user named Reluctant Watchman. The post was rude and dismissive, insulting Robin Hood and other collectors who were looking for this button.

Robin Hood was outraged. He couldn't believe that someone could be so rude and disrespectful on a forum for collectors. He quickly fired back a reply, letting Reluctant Watchman know exactly what he thought of his behavior.

But to Robin Hood's surprise, Reluctant Watchman didn't back down. In fact, he seemed to enjoy goading Robin Hood and the other collectors even more. It was clear that this was a user with a Level 1 warning for his offensive posts, and Robin Hood knew he had to be careful not to get dragged into an argument.

Despite their rocky start, Robin Hood and Reluctant Watchman found that they had a lot in common. Both were passionate collectors of Victorian buttons, and both had a deep love for the history and craftsmanship that went into each and every button.

As they continued to talk and exchange ideas, they slowly started to see each other in a different light. They realized that they had both been quick to judge each other based on their online persona, and that they had more in common than they initially thought.

Over time, Robin Hood and Reluctant Watchman became good friends, bonded by their shared love of Victorian buttons. They even started a group for collectors to share their finds and discuss new acquisitions.

And as for those rude and offensive posts? Well, Reluctant Watchman learned to temper his language and respect the other members of the forum. It wasn't always easy, but he knew that he had Robin Hood and the other collectors to thank for showing him the error of his ways. The end
😂😂😂😂
I think AI wins the sarcastic comedy award.

User avatar
Cruiserdude
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3982
Location: Wasatch front

Re: What is a Level 1 Warning?

Post by Cruiserdude »

Lexew1899 wrote: January 7th, 2023, 6:43 am
Cruiserdude wrote: January 7th, 2023, 6:25 am
Lexew1899 wrote: January 7th, 2023, 4:19 am At least AI can give us a chuckle about this drama.
Robin Hood was scrolling through the forums one day, looking for like-minded collectors of Victorian buttons. He loved nothing more than scouring antique stores and online marketplaces for those rare and hard to find buttons that completed his collection.

As he was reading through a thread about a particularly elusive button, he came across a post from a user named Reluctant Watchman. The post was rude and dismissive, insulting Robin Hood and other collectors who were looking for this button.

Robin Hood was outraged. He couldn't believe that someone could be so rude and disrespectful on a forum for collectors. He quickly fired back a reply, letting Reluctant Watchman know exactly what he thought of his behavior.

But to Robin Hood's surprise, Reluctant Watchman didn't back down. In fact, he seemed to enjoy goading Robin Hood and the other collectors even more. It was clear that this was a user with a Level 1 warning for his offensive posts, and Robin Hood knew he had to be careful not to get dragged into an argument.

Despite their rocky start, Robin Hood and Reluctant Watchman found that they had a lot in common. Both were passionate collectors of Victorian buttons, and both had a deep love for the history and craftsmanship that went into each and every button.

As they continued to talk and exchange ideas, they slowly started to see each other in a different light. They realized that they had both been quick to judge each other based on their online persona, and that they had more in common than they initially thought.

Over time, Robin Hood and Reluctant Watchman became good friends, bonded by their shared love of Victorian buttons. They even started a group for collectors to share their finds and discuss new acquisitions.

And as for those rude and offensive posts? Well, Reluctant Watchman learned to temper his language and respect the other members of the forum. It wasn't always easy, but he knew that he had Robin Hood and the other collectors to thank for showing him the error of his ways. The end
😂😂😂😂
I think AI wins the sarcastic comedy award.
I've read some HILARIOUS short stories from this new AI chat thing!!

User avatar
Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 9183
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contact:

Re: What is a Level 1 Warning?

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

So no answer yet as to how a person gets a Level 1 warning?
Last edited by Reluctant Watchman on January 7th, 2023, 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lexew1899
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3484
Location: USA

Re: What is a Level 1 Warning?

Post by Lexew1899 »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 7th, 2023, 11:33 am So now answer yet as to how a person gets a Level 1 warning?
Basically like getting a warning from a moderator for something. You weren't told in a Private Message? I had a Level 1 warning for several years I think. Don't see it anymore. I guess it's gone.

User avatar
creator
(of the Forum)
Posts: 7328
Location: The Matrix
Contact:

Re: What is a Level 1 Warning?

Post by creator »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 6th, 2023, 10:00 pmAnd I haven’t even made a single personal attack in over 8,000 posts, what gives?
You currently have one warning. You had also previously received another warning but I think I have them set to go away after 6 months.

User avatar
Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 9183
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contact:

Re: What is a Level 1 Warning?

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

creator wrote: January 7th, 2023, 11:45 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 6th, 2023, 10:00 pmAnd I haven’t even made a single personal attack in over 8,000 posts, what gives?
You currently have one warning. You had also previously received another warning but I think I have them set to go away after 6 months.
I was being facetious w/ that comment btw. :)

User avatar
creator
(of the Forum)
Posts: 7328
Location: The Matrix
Contact:

Re: What is a Level 1 Warning?

Post by creator »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 7th, 2023, 11:33 am So no answer yet as to how a person gets a Level 1 warning?
Forum rules violations is how.

User avatar
Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 9183
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contact:

Re: What is a Level 1 Warning?

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Lexew1899 wrote: January 7th, 2023, 11:43 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 7th, 2023, 11:33 am So now answer yet as to how a person gets a Level 1 warning?
Basically like getting a warning from a moderator for something. You weren't told in a Private Message? I had a Level 1 warning for several years I think. Don't see it anymore. I guess it's gone.
I was reminded of what the warning was. Yeah, I deserved that. It was a very “emotional” day. :)

User avatar
SmallFarm
captain of 1,000
Posts: 4608
Location: Holbrook, Az
Contact:

Re: What is a Level 1 Warning?

Post by SmallFarm »

creator wrote: January 7th, 2023, 11:45 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 6th, 2023, 10:00 pmAnd I haven’t even made a single personal attack in over 8,000 posts, what gives?
You currently have one warning. You had also previously received another warning but I think I have them set to go away after 6 months.
Is there a way to see if you've had a warning before that expired? Now I'm wondering if I've had one that I didn't know about :lol:

User avatar
Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 9183
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contact:

Re: What is a Level 1 Warning?

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

SmallFarm wrote: January 7th, 2023, 5:20 pm
creator wrote: January 7th, 2023, 11:45 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 6th, 2023, 10:00 pmAnd I haven’t even made a single personal attack in over 8,000 posts, what gives?
You currently have one warning. You had also previously received another warning but I think I have them set to go away after 6 months.
Is there a way to see if you've had a warning before that expired? Now I'm wondering if I've had one that I didn't know about :lol:
I know a quick way to get one. :)

User avatar
creator
(of the Forum)
Posts: 7328
Location: The Matrix
Contact:

Re: What is a Level 1 Warning?

Post by creator »

SmallFarm wrote: January 7th, 2023, 5:20 pmIs there a way to see if you've had a warning before that expired? Now I'm wondering if I've had one that I didn't know about :lol:
Not if it's too old.. that log data only goes back so far. I've deleted some of it.

User avatar
Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 9183
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contact:

Re: What is a Level 1 Warning?

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Just in case anyone needs a refresher on the forum rules: :)

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1800

Post Reply