New subtle temple changes

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: New subtle temple changes

Post by Chip »

Joan7 wrote: January 13th, 2023, 9:26 pm
Chip wrote: January 13th, 2023, 9:18 pm
HereWeGo wrote: January 13th, 2023, 9:15 pm Sounds like they are changing the ordinances again.

Queueing up the abomination that maketh desolate.
I don't think so. Daniel indicates that action is by force. And it is after a war or the first part of a war, where the new vile person in charge comes back after the ships of Chittum stuff. But, it could be polygamy. That would sure make people mad. Outside of the Church, the persecution would come. Inside of the Church, those canyons of opinion would suddenly become unpassable and there would be that prophesied split in the Church.
I think polygamy would be too odd. They have thoroughly vilified it by their policy and hardly anybody is asking for it. It would not be celebrated.

On the other hand, plenty of progressive members and leaders would be elated to hear that some sealing accommodation was made for the LGBTQ crowd. They would hallow the day and want bragging rights that they were in the temple on the day of the historic announcement. It would be like Blacks and the Priesthood 2.0. Great fodder for their testimonies, to be retold for the rest of their lives.

Joan7
captain of 100

Post by Joan7 »

Chip wrote: January 13th, 2023, 9:47 pm
HereWeGo wrote: January 13th, 2023, 9:15 pm Sounds like they are changing the ordinances again.

I don't think so. Daniel indicates that action is by force. And it is after a war or the first part of a war, where the new vile person in charge comes back after the ships of Chittum stuff. But, it could be polygamy. That would sure make people mad. Outside of the Church, the persecution would come. Inside of the Church, those canyons of opinion would suddenly become unpassable and there would be that prophesied split in the Church.
I think polygamy would be too odd. They have thoroughly vilified it by their policy and hardly anybody is asking for it. It would not be celebrated.

On the other hand, plenty of progressive members and leaders would be elated to hear that some sealing accommodation was made for the LGBTQ crowd. They would hallow the day and want bragging rights that they were in the temple on the day of the historic announcement. It would be like Blacks and the Priesthood 2.0. Great fodder for their testimonies, to be retold for the rest of their lives.
You are right. It made me think of news I've read in the last week. Putin (the king of the North) is supposedly going "total war" on the 17th of January. That would fit with the war in Daniel 11, which happens prior to the abomination which maketh desolate being placed in the temple.

By the way, folks, that would be the start of the 3 1/2 years of tribulation. Certainly nothing to cheer over. But, a certain temple president is. :(

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

We already had a split in the church over polygamy.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

gkearney wrote: January 13th, 2023, 11:07 pm We already had a split in the church over polygamy.
Arguably more than one!

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

You learn something new everyday!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sterling_Van_Wagenen
"Van Wagenen was the director of three films that were used in rotation from 2013 though January 2019 during the Endowment Ceremony in temples of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."

"On April 30, 2019, Van Wagenen pleaded guilty to one charge of aggravated sexual abuse of a child.[21] He was jailed for six years to life on July 2, 2019."

John Tavner
captain of 1,000

Post by John Tavner »

spiritMan wrote: January 14th, 2023, 7:41 am You learn something new everyday!

"Van Wagenen was the director of three films that were used in rotation from 2013 though January 2019 during the Endowment Ceremony in temples of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."

"On April 30, 2019, Van Wagenen pleaded guilty to one charge of aggravated sexual abuse of a child.[21] He was jailed for six years to life on July 2, 2019."
The rumor out west was that is why they changed the films to what they are now.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Probably just going back to having a movie rather than a slide show. Or maybe changing another ordinance, like Nelson did a couple years ago.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

I don't think the church would be persecuted over polygamy now. There may be an outcry from the wokists complaining that women are equal and therefore should be permitted multiple husbands, but nothing beyond that.
In fact, I think missionary work would improve... I met numerous men on my mission who were disappointed to learn the church has abandoned the practice.

There would definitely be an exodus amongst the membership though.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Joan7 wrote: January 13th, 2023, 10:28 pm Putin (the king of the North) is supposedly going "total war" on the 17th of January. That would fit with the war in Daniel 11, which happens prior to the abomination which maketh desolate being placed in the temple.

By the way, folks, that would be the start of the 3 1/2 years of tribulation. Certainly nothing to cheer over. But, a certain temple president is. :(
July 17, 2026 would be the end of it in that case.

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

Joan7 wrote: January 13th, 2023, 10:28 pm

You are right. It made me think of news I've read in the last week. Putin (the king of the North) is supposedly going "total war" on the 17th of January. That would fit with the war in Daniel 11, which happens prior to the abomination which maketh desolate being placed in the temple.

Do you have a link to what you are talking about with Putin and the 17th? Looks like there will be an interesting meeting that day:
https://tass.com/politics/1562189

I have my eye on the 18th for something potentially in the Pacific, but we'll see.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Biden is giving his state of the union on Feb. 7th...

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

creator wrote: January 13th, 2023, 4:08 pm Speaking of temple changes, there's a post on reddit from someone who says their dad is a temple president and texted this..

temple-changes.jpg
Ok, I was looking at this some more and realized that this is actually a pretty big deal. Look at the language this temple president uses: “I’ll do everything/anything I can to help you get and stay on board.”

Whatever this man was told is coming will require some adjustments from the current theology/worship of the typical members. He used the words “get and stay on board.” I kind of wonder if something they’ll be presenting will require another shift in thinking, and not for the better. “Getting on board” means that it will be a shift from standard operating procedure. And if things weren’t bad enough already.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 15th, 2023, 12:33 pm
creator wrote: January 13th, 2023, 4:08 pm Speaking of temple changes, there's a post on reddit from someone who says their dad is a temple president and texted this..

temple-changes.jpg
Ok, I was looking at this some more and realized that this is actually a pretty big deal. Look at the language this temple president uses: “I’ll do everything/anything I can to help you get and stay on board.”

Whatever this man was told is coming will require some adjustments from the current theology/worship of the typical members. He used the words “get and stay on board.” I kind of wonder if something they’ll be presenting will require another shift in thinking, and not for the better. “Getting on board” means that it will be a shift from standard operating procedure. And if things weren’t bad enough already.
Not necessarily though, considering that it was posted on the ex-mormon reddit by the child of a temple president. It could just be a matter of a parent over-hyping and overselling it to their children in an effort to get the children excited about it. Also, the temple president has no idea this child has already left the Church (per the comments in that thread). I've heard this same kind of hype for all the various temple changes that have happened in the past 20 years.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

creator wrote: January 15th, 2023, 1:48 pm Not necessarily though, considering that it was posted on the ex-mormon reddit by the child of a temple president. It could just be a matter of a parent over-hyping and overselling it to their children in an effort to get the children excited about it. Also, the temple president has no idea this child has already left the Church (per the comments in that thread). I've heard this same kind of hype for all the various temple changes that have happened in the past 20 years.
Ah, gotcha. Given the context that this child is “wayward”, that could easily be seen as a way to get them to come back “into the fold.”

I also realized that this was a text thread with 4 different people. The person responding further down most likely wasn’t the ex-mo. The comment to “stay in the boat” was directed to the active child, while the “get in the boat” was directed to the in-active child.

Even then, trying to convince an active child to stay in the boat means that some convincing may be needed to accept what’s coming.
Last edited by Reluctant Watchman on January 15th, 2023, 1:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

creator wrote: January 15th, 2023, 1:48 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 15th, 2023, 12:33 pm

temple-changes.jpg

Not necessarily though, considering that it was posted on the ex-mormon reddit by the child of a temple president. It could just be a matter of a parent over-hyping and overselling it to their children in an effort to get the children excited about it. Also, the temple president has no idea this child has already left the Church (per the comments in that thread). I've heard this same kind of hype for all the various temple changes that have happened in the past 20 years.
I wonder if it's more changes inspired by our "thirteenth apostle" Beverly Campbell?

Or maybe there's a "fourteenth apostle" we don't know about yet!

RosyPosy
captain of 100

Post by RosyPosy »

If I may add one more thing to this conversation. I noticed this today at church and talking with my Mother. It seems our current LDS culture is perfectly contempt with practically worshipping the temple it self. I stopped going to the temple years ago. To me it just a smoke and mirrors/feel good factory. When it comes to the temple my mom treats me like a broken tool. It's like rationality around the temple and its ordinances have gone out the window.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Sarah wrote: January 14th, 2023, 3:03 pm

Do you have a link to what you are talking about with Putin and the 17th? Looks like there will be an interesting meeting that day:

I have my eye on the 18th for something potentially in the Pacific, but we'll see.
Well, that's tomorrow and the 18th is the day after tomorrow. We'll see.

I hope not.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

This one didn't work out. At least all the prophecies on FF have 100% failed to happen. It is a good average. And why I keep asking for backup every time anyone claims Isaiah is about today........

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

Niemand wrote: January 16th, 2023, 4:15 am
Sarah wrote: January 14th, 2023, 3:03 pm

Well, that's tomorrow and the 18th is the day after tomorrow. We'll see.

I hope not.
I have lots of watch days. So far my record at predicting a day for the big war to start has not been good, so you're probably safe 😉

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

temple-changes.jpg
Who is going tomorrow to find out what the change is and then return and report to us?

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

creator wrote: February 6th, 2023, 10:26 am

temple-changes.jpg
Who is going tomorrow to find out what the change is and then return and report to us?
This was posted on a FB group yesterday:

"Just learned Temple ritual changes starting Tuesday. Mother was at meeting at temple today going over changes or she was doing a serving for a second anointing.

Anyone attend this meeting want to share?"

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

temple-changes.jpg

Your question reminded me of this thread - Bednar recently talking about "change". Makes me wonder...

viewtopic.php?t=69583

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Post by Atrasado »

spiritMan wrote: January 14th, 2023, 7:41 am You learn something new everyday!

Here's some information on Van Wagenen and the satanic cabal that has been operating in Utah. Van Wagenen was undoubtedly part of that group (I feel sorry for him, it appears he was born into this horror) as were many other prominent Utahns. (here, here, and here) Before dismissing this information, remember that David Hamblin has confessed to his role in this, and Richard Van Wagenen confessed to abusing as well.

I hate to bring this sordid information to light, but the light is key to healing. There is a sickness in the Church and the world and it must be eliminated or abominations will reign.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

EmmaLee wrote: February 6th, 2023, 11:39 am

temple-changes.jpg

Your question reminded me of this thread - Bednar recently talking about "change". Makes me wonder...

viewtopic.php?t=69583
And your question also made me think of this story that I read today, and now there's a thread on it - United Nations pushes full LGBT participation rights in churches

viewtopic.php?t=69588

JLHPROF
captain of 1,000

Post by JLHPROF »

temple-changes.jpg
What's left to change? They've hacked it to bits already.
Maybe they're going to make the second anointing more mainstream...public knowledge as it were.