❝What's it like being Half White in Japan? - - - 11万 回視聴 6 日前❞

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

❝What's it like being Half White in Japan? - - - 11万 回視聴 6 日前❞

Post by sushi_chef »

"What's it like being Half White in Japan?
TAKASHii from Japan
チャンネル登録者数 57.4万人
11万 回視聴 6 日前
"
:arrow:

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Re: ❝What's it like being Half White in Japan? - - - 11万 回視聴 6 日前❞

Post by Silver Pie »

Interesting. I always considered Japanese white skinned, in spite of the hype.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Silver Pie wrote: January 8th, 2023, 12:29 am Interesting. I always considered Japanese white skinned, in spite of the hype.
There are a handful of white folk there in the far north, the native Ainu but few of them remain. Typical Japan... puts its own weird twist on everything.... native American style tribes only they're white-looking but not Caucasian.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Niemand wrote: January 8th, 2023, 4:16 am There are a handful of white folk there in the far north, the native Ainu but few of them remain. Typical Japan... puts its own weird twist on everything.... native American style tribes only they're white-looking but not Caucasian.

I've heard of them, but don't know a lot about them. I did think it rather ironic that they were Caucasian and on reservations.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Silver Pie wrote: January 8th, 2023, 8:06 pm
Niemand wrote: January 8th, 2023, 4:16 am There are a handful of white folk there in the far north, the native Ainu but few of them remain. Typical Japan... puts its own weird twist on everything.... native American style tribes only they're white-looking but not Caucasian.

I've heard of them, but don't know a lot about them. I did think it rather ironic that they were Caucasian and on reservations.
They look white but they aren't quite Caucasian. DNA tests suggest they aren't related to Europeans, but more the old native peoples of south east Asia.

Modern Ainu are heavily intermarried with Japanese so are becoming indistinguishable. They suffer a lot of discrimination.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Niemand wrote: January 9th, 2023, 3:47 amThey look white but they aren't quite Caucasian. DNA tests suggest they aren't related to Europeans, but more the old native peoples of south east Asia.
I didn't know that. The few pictures I've seen, they look European to me.

Modern Ainu are heavily intermarried with Japanese so are becoming indistinguishable. They suffer a lot of discrimination.
I didn't know they were heavily intermarried with Japanese (probably a good thing), but I had heard that they were quite discriminated against. :(

Severus
captain of 100

Post by Severus »

Silver Pie wrote: January 8th, 2023, 12:29 am Interesting. I always considered Japanese white skinned, in spite of the hype.
So have I. Some have blue eyes.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Who has the most beautiful ivory (white) skin? The Japanese.