Some people died last year

Discuss political news items / current events.
Craig Johnson
captain of 1,000

Some people died last year

Post by Craig Johnson »

Here's a few I noted, 2022 deaths:

Sidney Poitier
Marvin Lee Aday (Meat Loaf)
William Hurt
Ray Liotta
James Caan
Shinzo Abe
Olivia Newton-John
Mikhail Gorbachev
Elizabeth Windsor (the queen of some country)
Loretta Lynn
Robbie Coltrane
Jerry Lee Lewis
Christine McVie
Kirstie Alley
Joseph Aloisius Ratzinger (pope of some religion)
Dwayne Hickman
Bob Saget
Yvette Carmen Mimieux
Robert Wall
Gene Lebell
Nichelle Nichols
Ivana Trump
Naomi Judd
Larry Storch
Sally Kellerman
Bobby Rydell
Orrin Hatch
Mickey Gilley
Fred Ward
Randy Weaver
Jim Seals
Pele
George Weyerhaeuser Sr.
Mickey Rooney Jr.
Bill Russell (I met him on the ferry to Bremerton from Seattle!)
Paul Sorvino
Tony Dow
Earnie Shavers
Louise Fletcher
Angela Lansbury
Robert Gordy
Gallagher
Irene Cara
Gaylord Perry
Bob McGrath

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Some people died last year

Post by Cruiserdude »

Craig Johnson wrote: ↑January 5th, 2023, 9:11 am Here's a few I noted, 2022 deaths:

Sidney Poitier
William Hurt
Ray Liotta
James Caan
Shinzo Abe
Olivia Newton-John
Mikhail Gorbachev
Loretta Lynn
Robbie Coltrane
Jerry Lee Lewis
Christine McVie
Kirstie Alley
Dwayne Hickman
Bob Saget
Yvette Carmen Mimieux
Robert Wall
Gene Lebell
Nichelle Nichols
Ivana Trump
Naomi Judd
Larry Storch
Sally Kellerman
Bobby Rydell
Orrin Hatch
Mickey Gilley
Fred Ward
Randy Weaver
Jim Seals
Pele
George Weyerhaeuser Sr.
Mickey Rooney Jr.
Paul Sorvino
Tony Dow
Earnie Shavers
Louise Fletcher
Angela Lansbury
Robert Gordy
Gallagher
Irene Cara
Gaylord Perry
Bob McGrath
I grew up in/graduated high school in Port Orchard, was there until '98. Were you in the Bremerton Stake?

Craig Johnson
captain of 1,000

Post by Craig Johnson »

Cruiserdude wrote: ↑January 5th, 2023, 10:35 am
I grew up in/graduated high school in Port Orchard, was there until '98. Were you in the Bremerton Stake?
I was stationed in Bremerton twice, first at Naval Hospital Bremerton and lastly (I retired from) PSD Naval Station Bremerton (which they call something else nowadays).

When I was stationed there (Bremerton) the first time I had several callings in the Stake, but the one I remember most often was as Stake Missionary, which used to be a Seventy calling. I was called as a Stake Missionary three times, once in Germany, once in Bremerton and once in Longview, Washington which is my hometown. I was called to this so many times because I was not getting it right (someone jokingly told me).

I think it was called the Bremerton Stake, right now I can't remember. I was there 1987-1991 and 1996-1997.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Craig Johnson wrote: ↑January 5th, 2023, 10:47 am
I was stationed in Bremerton twice, first at Naval Hospital Bremerton and lastly (I retired from) PSD Naval Station Bremerton (which they call something else nowadays).

When I was stationed there (Bremerton) the first time I had several callings in the Stake, but the one I remember most often was as Stake Missionary, which used to be a Seventy calling. I was called as a Stake Missionary three times, once in Germany, once in Bremerton and once in Longview, Washington which is my hometown. I was called to this so many times because I was not getting it right (someone jokingly told me).

I think it was called the Bremerton Stake, right now I can't remember. I was there 1987-1991 and 1996-1997.
The stake president was Leonard Anderson, I remember that much. Was he the one when you were there?
How about the Sutton family? They had like 10 kids or something like that.

Kinda crazy, since moving out of there, you're the first one I've run into that was actually in the old stake i grew up inπŸ‘

Craig Johnson
captain of 1,000

Post by Craig Johnson »

Cruiserdude wrote: ↑January 5th, 2023, 11:09 am The stake president was Leonard Anderson, I remember that much. Was he the one when you were there?

Kinda crazy, since moving out of there, you're the first one I've run into that was actually in the old stake i grew up inπŸ‘
I don't remember any stake leadership names, but our bishop's last name was Christianson and he had 10 children. They got divorced. I think he was a dermatologist. Seemed like a pretty good fellow and his wife seemed nice too.
I was not in any leadership position there and that's probably why I don't remember any of their names. I had to ask my wife what the bishop's name was, but you mentioning 10 kids reminded me of them.
That was a pretty good tour for me, the hospital management, except for one person treated me pretty good.
I would like to mention that. We had a LCDR Bratton who was my first Department Head over manpower management (I later went to patient admin). She came in the office one day and demanded that we do a process a certain way and told us exactly how she wanted it done.
Two weeks later she came in and asked us why we were doing that.
I guess I had a confused look on my face cuz she said "Don't look at me like I've got two heads!"
Then me, the SC and my PO2 co-worker explained that she had come in two weeks before and told us exactly what to do, which was what she was complaining about.
She never talked to me again.

Craig Johnson
captain of 1,000

Post by Craig Johnson »

Cruiserdude wrote: ↑January 5th, 2023, 11:09 am

The stake president was Leonard Anderson, I remember that much. Was he the one when you were there?

Whoops just remembered it was called Puget Sound Naval Shipyard (not Naval Station Bremerton) while I was there. I have a hard time with all the name changes.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Craig Johnson wrote: ↑January 5th, 2023, 1:17 pm

Whoops just remembered it was called Puget Sound Naval Shipyard (not Naval Station Bremerton) while I was there. I have a hard time with all the name changes.
Oh yeah PSNS. It's been 20+ years for me but it comes back, but I'm never going back to that God forsaken part of the country. It's beautiful, I love it there, shame what's become of it. Kinda like Cali, BEAUTIFUL state, maybe the prettiest, but what they've done to that state...... Yeah, anyways.
I remember the Seattle ferry from Bremerton, there was a ferry between Bremerton and Port Orchard too..... Man, what a gorgeous part of the country. I grew up on bit of land up there. Been a while since I had thought about it 😊😊

Craig Johnson
captain of 1,000

Post by Craig Johnson »

Cruiserdude wrote: ↑January 5th, 2023, 1:39 pm Oh yeah PSNS. It's been 20+ years for me but it comes back, but I'm never going back to that God forsaken part of the country. It's beautiful, I love it there, shame what's become of it. Kinda like Cali, BEAUTIFUL state, maybe the prettiest, but what they've done to that state...... Yeah, anyways.
I remember the Seattle ferry from Bremerton, there was a ferry between Bremerton and Port Orchard too..... Man, what a gorgeous part of the country. I grew up on bit of land up there. Been a while since I had thought about it 😊😊
Yeah, yer right, on all that.
I live on the east side near Spokane now and they have a bit more conservative take on things, but they still suck. My property taxes have gone up every year and their own county law reads it should only go up minimum every six years. I called them on that and they crawled away making excuses. So, I have zero respect for them and will screw them every chance I get, just to return the favor.

But it ain't half as pretty over here as the west side. I miss it just about every day.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

there is an unconfirmed rumor that Joe Biden passed away last year?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Sutton was one of me weird quakes.

I was working for a Chuck Sutton around the time I posted: viewtopic.php?p=1205139&hilit=Sutton#p1205139

It was soon after me Bishop, councilor and Walker Quake.

Sutton, but not Chuckles. :mrgreen:

He who laughs last

Laughs best. :lol:

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

Craig Johnson wrote: ↑January 5th, 2023, 9:11 am Here's a few I noted, 2022 deaths:

Sidney Poitier
William Hurt
Ray Liotta
James Caan
Shinzo Abe
Olivia Newton-John
Mikhail Gorbachev
Loretta Lynn
Robbie Coltrane
Jerry Lee Lewis
Christine McVie
Kirstie Alley
Dwayne Hickman
Bob Saget
Yvette Carmen Mimieux
Robert Wall
Gene Lebell
Nichelle Nichols
Ivana Trump
Naomi Judd
Larry Storch
Sally Kellerman
Bobby Rydell
Orrin Hatch
Mickey Gilley
Fred Ward
Randy Weaver
Jim Seals
Pele
George Weyerhaeuser Sr.
Mickey Rooney Jr.
Paul Sorvino
Tony Dow
Earnie Shavers
Louise Fletcher
Angela Lansbury
Robert Gordy
Gallagher
Irene Cara
Gaylord Perry
Bob McGrath
I lived in Silverdale until β€˜87. Went to Cleer Creek Elementary and Ridgetop Jr High. Such a beautiful place.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

TheDuke wrote: ↑January 5th, 2023, 6:34 pm there is an unconfirmed rumor that Joe Biden passed away last year?
That would be his mind. It died long ago.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

I mean there was a thread on LDS FF that said Joe died and the guy taking his place was a double. there were articles showing CG on images of Joe, etc....

Craig Johnson
captain of 1,000

Post by Craig Johnson »

Dusty Wanderer wrote: ↑January 5th, 2023, 9:19 pm

Sidney Poitier
William Hurt
Ray Liotta
James Caan
Shinzo Abe
Olivia Newton-John
Mikhail Gorbachev
Loretta Lynn
Robbie Coltrane
Jerry Lee Lewis
Christine McVie
Kirstie Alley
Dwayne Hickman
Bob Saget
Yvette Carmen Mimieux
Robert Wall
Gene Lebell
Nichelle Nichols
Ivana Trump
Naomi Judd
Larry Storch
Sally Kellerman
Bobby Rydell
Orrin Hatch
Mickey Gilley
Fred Ward
Randy Weaver
Jim Seals
Pele
George Weyerhaeuser Sr.
Mickey Rooney Jr.
Paul Sorvino
Tony Dow
Earnie Shavers
Louise Fletcher
Angela Lansbury
Robert Gordy
Gallagher
Irene Cara
Gaylord Perry
Bob McGrath
I lived in Silverdale until β€˜87. Went to Cleer Creek Elementary and Ridgetop Jr High. Such a beautiful place.
I remember that big old antique store in Silverdale that used to be right on the corner where you turn to follow the bay eastward.

Craig Johnson
captain of 1,000

Post by Craig Johnson »

TheDuke wrote: ↑January 6th, 2023, 11:29 am I mean there was a thread on LDS FF that said Joe died and the guy taking his place was a double. there were articles showing CG on images of Joe, etc....
Could be an artificially aged clone.

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

Craig Johnson wrote: ↑January 6th, 2023, 11:45 am
Dusty Wanderer wrote: ↑January 5th, 2023, 9:19 pm

Sidney Poitier
William Hurt
Ray Liotta
James Caan
Shinzo Abe
Olivia Newton-John
Mikhail Gorbachev
Loretta Lynn
Robbie Coltrane
Jerry Lee Lewis
Christine McVie
Kirstie Alley
Dwayne Hickman
Bob Saget
Yvette Carmen Mimieux
Robert Wall
Gene Lebell
Nichelle Nichols
Ivana Trump
Naomi Judd
Larry Storch
Sally Kellerman
Bobby Rydell
Orrin Hatch
Mickey Gilley
Fred Ward
Randy Weaver
Jim Seals
Pele
George Weyerhaeuser Sr.
Mickey Rooney Jr.
Paul Sorvino
Tony Dow
Earnie Shavers
Louise Fletcher
Angela Lansbury
Robert Gordy
Gallagher
Irene Cara
Gaylord Perry
Bob McGrath
I remember that big old antique store in Silverdale that used to be right on the corner where you turn to follow the bay eastward.
My dad was stationed at the Bangor sub base there.