How to keep to the WoW & not get fat?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Jashon
captain of 100

Re: How to keep to the WoW & not get fat?

Post by Jashon »

Mike, you're right about food companies. They don't care about people's health. They pay people who sit on influential boards, and they pay to put out unreliable medical studies, with one aim, to provide cover for the unhealthy products they produce.

You mention lecithin, soy lecithin. That's in a lot of processed food. Eating soy isn't a good idea, whether or not it's a GMO soy. True to form, the food industry has been heavily increasing the amount of soybean oil in processed food, even though it doesn't do us any good.

There's a lot of glyphosate now in foods, too, and it's all in plant foods. To avoid it, you have to just consume dairy and meat. Eggs are probably ok too.

anonymous91
captain of 100

Post by anonymous91 »

There is definitely an agenda when it comes to the food industry, and what we are eating. It seems that the further down this rabbit hole you go, the worse it gets. They overprice "organic" food, yet under the current laws, this food has more than likely been exposed to several chemical processes that degrade the nutritional value of the food. Yet many people are under the false notion that they are eating chemically-free foods.

I find it interesting that the food pyramids around the world seem to be so different. If this is based on what is good for us, shouldn't all of the food pyramids be identical? Here's a link so that you can see it for yourself:

https://www.treehugger.com/what-food-py ... ld-4868722
Last edited by anonymous91 on January 10th, 2023, 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

anonymous91 wrote: January 10th, 2023, 1:00 pm There is definitely an agenda when it comes to the food industry, and what we are eating. It seems that the further down this rabbit hole you go, the worse it gets. They overprice "organic" food, yet under the current laws, this food has more than likely been exposed to several chemical processes that degrade the nutritional value of the food. Yet many people are under the false notion that they are eating chemically-free foods.

I find it interesting that the food pyramids around the world seem to be so different. If this is based on what is good for us, shouldn't all of the food pyramids be identical? Here's a link so that you can see it for yourself:

[url][/https://www.treehugger.com/what-food-py ... 4868722url]
Link is broken?

anonymous91
captain of 100

Post by anonymous91 »

madvin wrote: January 10th, 2023, 1:02 pm
anonymous91 wrote: January 10th, 2023, 1:00 pm There is definitely an agenda when it comes to the food industry, and what we are eating. It seems that the further down this rabbit hole you go, the worse it gets. They overprice "organic" food, yet under the current laws, this food has more than likely been exposed to several chemical processes that degrade the nutritional value of the food. Yet many people are under the false notion that they are eating chemically-free foods.

[url][/https://www.treehugger.com/what-food-py ... 4868722url]
Link is broken?
Thanks for letting me know, I fixed it. I used the url brackets, and apparently when I pasted in the link one of the "[" was in the wrong position. lol

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

creator wrote: January 10th, 2023, 10:04 am
MikeMaillet wrote: January 10th, 2023, 8:05 amI think we screwed up when we started relying on others for our food and very existence.
I don't know if this is the point you're making, but not everyone needs to be a farmer. We should rely on others for our food so they can rely on us for some product or service that they need.

I think the bigger problem is the improper consolidation of so many roles into the government, especially the US federal government. There needs to be a clear separation between (1) government, (2) the economy / business / production, and (3) spiritual / religious / educational aspects of life.
Correct, not everybody needs to be a farmer; that would be inefficient. I think the problem is that we do not have everything in common. As soon as we begin to manufacture stuff we find a way to create a "means of exchange" and this is where we get into trouble. The use of currency ensues and now some people have more than others ... What I get from the Book of Mormon, Isaiah and other scriptures is that unless we find a way to eradicate poverty on our promised land, we will be swept off eventually. We have, for the most part, left the production of food up to big business and have lost total control of what we eat, generally speaking. The people who feed us don't care about us and they do not want to even talk to us.

All I know is that I'm 65 years old, don't own any land and would not know what to do with it if I did. Not having everything in common was the beginning of the end for nearly every society in the Book of Mormon. The fact that the story is repeated so many times in the Book of Mormon has to be significant. In the few instances where the Nephites had everything in common they were rather blessed.

Mike

Jashon
captain of 100

Post by Jashon »

https://www.treehugger.com/what-food-py ... ld-4868722
Food pyramids were corrupted by corporate and religious interests a long time ago. Growing up, I was taught that dietary guidelines were truthful, accurate representations of healthy diets. Not too long ago I found out that they are not that at all. The dietary corruption began in the 19th century with vegetarian-minded 7DA's and W.K. Kellogg.

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

Going along with Juliet's post....check out the book Nourishing Traditions. It's also a cookbook, with lots of info about how our ancestors ate. They soaked and fermented their grains, which made them more digestible and made the nutrients more available. They also did not shy away from fat.

Our family eats a lot of whole wheat bread, but it is 100% whole wheat, with no to minimal white flour. I like sourdough WW bread, but have trouble with keeping a starter going. My family likes homemade, honey whole wheat bread, so what I do is soak the flour and water overnight with a little bit of vinegar, throw it in the bread maker in the morning with the other ingredients, put it on the dough setting, then transfer it to bread pans. It's super easy and our favorite snack. I do the same thing with 100% whole wheat pancakes and biscuits. If grains are whole and not refined, they shouldn't cause weight gain unless you're putting a lot of sugar with them.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

mudflap wrote: January 5th, 2023, 9:04 am lots of good advice in here already.

I'll throw in my $0.02

don't confuse the healthy grains advice in the WOW with the USDA food pyramid - they are not the same. The high number of obese people in the usa following the food pyramid should tell you everything you need to know: the food pyramid is fake.

It's correct that we should eat plenty of grains. It's incorrect to stay away from "lean meat".

D&C 59 gives us the key:
15 And inasmuch as ye do these things with thanksgiving(1), with cheerful hearts and countenances, not with much laughter, for this is sin, but with a glad heart and a cheerful countenance--
16 Verily I say, that inasmuch as ye do this, the fulness of the earth is yours, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the air(2), and that which climbeth upon the trees and walketh upon the earth;
17 Yea, and the herb, and the good things which come of the earth, whether for food(3) or for raiment, or for houses, or for barns, or for orchards, or for gardens, or for vineyards;
18 Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season thereof, are made for the benefit and the use of man, both to please the eye and to gladden the heart;
19 Yea, for food and for raiment(4), for taste and for smell, to strengthen the body and to enliven the soul.
20 And it pleaseth God that he hath given all these things unto man; for unto this end were they made to be used, with judgment, not to excess, neither by extortion.(5)
(1) Thanksgiving is the key.
(2) If you think about how they used meat in the movie "The Last of the Mohicans" - they shot the deer, then prayed over the deer, thanking the deer for giving its life so they could eat. Then they use every part of the deer - they don't "shave off the fat and throw it away". but Moses had them burn the fat during sacrifices . yes, because the fat was the best part - they were giving it to God, symbolically.
(3) Meat is for food.
(4) Meat is for food and clothing.
(5) The clincher: "not to excess or extortion". Extortion is taking more than the earth is naturally willing to give - feed lots, huge processing facilities, excessive fertilization that runs off into our water supplies - raping the soil with mechanization instead of taking care of it. Barns where chickens are kept their entire lives in cages - this isn't right. Excess is too much of anything - good or bad. In Utah, I guess it would be soda and ice cream.

We eat lots of fat - non-homogenized milk with the cream intact, roast, steak, veggies cooked with butter, full-fat yogurt made from whole milk and lots of fruits and grains. I've never understood seeing the carts of obese people full of "diet everything" and "fat free" deli meats (the worst kind of meat, IMO).

"only in times of famine" could also refer to "a famine of nutrition" that we're currently seeing in our fruit and veggies due to the "more for less" agricultural practices of BigAg.
case in point:

https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/child ... aring-news :
Years ago, my co-author and colleague Mary Enig, who held a doctorate in nutritional sciences, had an interesting conversation with an official at the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The agency had researched the best way to fatten pigs—research that was never published. When they fed pigs whole milk or coconut oil, the pigs stayed lean—they found that the best way to fatten pigs was to feed them skim milk.

The Department’s dietary guidelines stipulate reduced fat milk for all Americans above the age of 2. Could this policy—initiated in the 1990s—explain the increase in obesity among American children? A couple of studies indicate that this could be the case.

The first, published in 2006 in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, looked at diet and metabolic markers in 4-year-old children in Sweden. “High body mass index was associated with a low percentage of energy from fat,” and greater weight was related to greater insulin resistance, especially in girls. In other words, children on low-fat diets tended to be overweight and had markers that presage diabetes later in life.

The second study, published in 2013 in the Archives of Diseases of Children, looked specifically at children consuming reduced-fat milk, comparing the body mass index of those drinking 1 percent skim milk and 2 percent “whole milk” drinkers. (I put “whole milk” in quotation marks because commercial whole milk contains 3.5 percent fat, and whole milk obtained from the farm can contain up to 5 percent fat.)

Across all racial, ethnic, and socio-economic status subgroups, those drinking 1 percent skim milk “had an increased adjusted odds of being overweight … or obese … In longitudinal analysis, children drinking 1 percent skim milk at both 2 and 4 years were more likely to become overweight/obese between these time points …” In other words—children on skim milk are more likely to become fat—just like pigs do!
Stop

drinking

skim

milk.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

MikeMaillet wrote: January 10th, 2023, 8:05 am I've worked in food manufacturing/processing most of my life and I can assure you that none of these companies care one iota about your health. It's all about yield and profit, period. The one exception was Hershey where they knew they were making junk food/candy. Having said that, they did not waste any time jumping on the dark chocolate bandwagon a few decades ago when anti-oxidants was a buzzword.

I think we screwed up when we started relying on others for our food and very existence. Science, the new religion, has given us GMOs, pesticides, fertilizers... that are now making us sick and making company owners and stock holders wealthy. The church, in 2020, had over $88MM invested in McDonald's and over $48MM in Mondelez Intl (Cadbury, Christie Cookies, coffee...), for example. When we get fat eating their crap, the church profits.

I don't know about the safety of GMOs but I am very suspicious. About 20 years ago, Hershey Canada wanted to sell products internationally where many countries require that GMOs be on the label. The problem was that we could not source any lecithin in North America that was made with non-GMO soy. All of the soy in North America has been genetically modified. We found a supplier in Brazil that could give us non-GMO lecithin but it was quite expensive.

I believe we were meant to grow our own food but this is next to impossible in our modern world where most of us work at jobs for illuminati money.

Contrary to what my idiot Prime Minister says, I will absolutely NOT trust the scientists nor the science. I believe our only hope is to approach our Heavenly Father in prayer and ask for help regarding how to better care for our own bodies. He did create our bodies and knows best how to care for our particular model and year. My 65 year old body is starting to show signs of wear but I'll still challenge any of today's youngsters in a 20-30 mile bike race and know that I'll likely win :-)

Mike
Absolutely. We were warned about the designs of these conspiring men.... We've forgotten about the warning, but it's certainly still applicable.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

mudflap wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 7:17 am
mudflap wrote: January 5th, 2023, 9:04 am lots of good advice in here already.

I'll throw in my $0.02

don't confuse the healthy grains advice in the WOW with the USDA food pyramid - they are not the same. The high number of obese people in the usa following the food pyramid should tell you everything you need to know: the food pyramid is fake.

It's correct that we should eat plenty of grains. It's incorrect to stay away from "lean meat".

D&C 59 gives us the key:
15 And inasmuch as ye do these things with thanksgiving(1), with cheerful hearts and countenances, not with much laughter, for this is sin, but with a glad heart and a cheerful countenance--
16 Verily I say, that inasmuch as ye do this, the fulness of the earth is yours, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the air(2), and that which climbeth upon the trees and walketh upon the earth;
17 Yea, and the herb, and the good things which come of the earth, whether for food(3) or for raiment, or for houses, or for barns, or for orchards, or for gardens, or for vineyards;
18 Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season thereof, are made for the benefit and the use of man, both to please the eye and to gladden the heart;
19 Yea, for food and for raiment(4), for taste and for smell, to strengthen the body and to enliven the soul.
20 And it pleaseth God that he hath given all these things unto man; for unto this end were they made to be used, with judgment, not to excess, neither by extortion.(5)
(1) Thanksgiving is the key.
(2) If you think about how they used meat in the movie "The Last of the Mohicans" - they shot the deer, then prayed over the deer, thanking the deer for giving its life so they could eat. Then they use every part of the deer - they don't "shave off the fat and throw it away". but Moses had them burn the fat during sacrifices . yes, because the fat was the best part - they were giving it to God, symbolically.
(3) Meat is for food.
(4) Meat is for food and clothing.
(5) The clincher: "not to excess or extortion". Extortion is taking more than the earth is naturally willing to give - feed lots, huge processing facilities, excessive fertilization that runs off into our water supplies - raping the soil with mechanization instead of taking care of it. Barns where chickens are kept their entire lives in cages - this isn't right. Excess is too much of anything - good or bad. In Utah, I guess it would be soda and ice cream.

We eat lots of fat - non-homogenized milk with the cream intact, roast, steak, veggies cooked with butter, full-fat yogurt made from whole milk and lots of fruits and grains. I've never understood seeing the carts of obese people full of "diet everything" and "fat free" deli meats (the worst kind of meat, IMO).

"only in times of famine" could also refer to "a famine of nutrition" that we're currently seeing in our fruit and veggies due to the "more for less" agricultural practices of BigAg.
case in point:

https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/child ... aring-news :
Years ago, my co-author and colleague Mary Enig, who held a doctorate in nutritional sciences, had an interesting conversation with an official at the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The agency had researched the best way to fatten pigs—research that was never published. When they fed pigs whole milk or coconut oil, the pigs stayed lean—they found that the best way to fatten pigs was to feed them skim milk.

The Department’s dietary guidelines stipulate reduced fat milk for all Americans above the age of 2. Could this policy—initiated in the 1990s—explain the increase in obesity among American children? A couple of studies indicate that this could be the case.

The first, published in 2006 in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, looked at diet and metabolic markers in 4-year-old children in Sweden. “High body mass index was associated with a low percentage of energy from fat,” and greater weight was related to greater insulin resistance, especially in girls. In other words, children on low-fat diets tended to be overweight and had markers that presage diabetes later in life.

The second study, published in 2013 in the Archives of Diseases of Children, looked specifically at children consuming reduced-fat milk, comparing the body mass index of those drinking 1 percent skim milk and 2 percent “whole milk” drinkers. (I put “whole milk” in quotation marks because commercial whole milk contains 3.5 percent fat, and whole milk obtained from the farm can contain up to 5 percent fat.)

Across all racial, ethnic, and socio-economic status subgroups, those drinking 1 percent skim milk “had an increased adjusted odds of being overweight … or obese … In longitudinal analysis, children drinking 1 percent skim milk at both 2 and 4 years were more likely to become overweight/obese between these time points …” In other words—children on skim milk are more likely to become fat—just like pigs do!
Stop

drinking

skim

milk.
Declaring the 'war' on fats was one of the worst things ever done to the health of Americans.
Last edited by Cruiserdude on March 3rd, 2023, 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

Yes and pasteurizing milk is bad bad bad.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

NeveR wrote: January 3rd, 2023, 11:22 pm The WoW urges people to eat a lot of grain.

This is a very common way for modern western humans to eat, but it's NOT a very natural or healthy diet for us. We are designed to eat animal fats and proteins, can't process gluten well and many polyunsaturated vegetable oils are chemically extracted and less healthy than saturated animal fats.

Plus high carb diets can make many people - specially older people - gain weight.

How do we combine eating low carb, paleo/healthy with keeping the WOW?
My wife and I have talked about the no tea or coffee stipulation. This drives people to drink energy drinks and soda which will make you super fat.

SmilingPatriot
captain of 50

Post by SmilingPatriot »

madvin wrote: January 4th, 2023, 12:47 am
NeveR wrote: January 3rd, 2023, 11:22 pm The WoW urges people to eat a lot of grain.

This is a very common way for modern western humans to eat, but it's NOT a very natural or healthy diet for us. We are designed to eat animal fats and proteins, can't process gluten well and many polyunsaturated vegetable oils are chemically extracted and less healthy than saturated animal fats.

Plus high carb diets can make many people - specially older people - gain weight.

How do we combine eating low carb, paleo/healthy with keeping the WOW?
Just a thought...It may be that the wheat our ancestors ate is not the same wheat we now have. I found this article by a Dr. Erica Elliott:

"Why has wheat become such a big problem? Some critics believe that wheat avoidance is simply the latest food craze. Unfortunately, that is not the case. Wheat conventionally grown in the US no longer resembles what our ancestors ate and what people referred to as the “staff of life.

In my medical practice, I began to notice a steep rise in gut complaints and food allergies, beginning in the early 1990s. Around the same time, a growing number of patients reported that they felt better when they were off wheat, even when the celiac tests were negative. I was determined to find out why these conditions were suddenly escalating in the general population."

Last October 2014, I went to Albuquerque for a conference on environmental medicine. At the conference I had the good fortune to hear Stephanie Seneff, PhD, senior scientist at MIT, talk about the harmful effects of glyphosate. She discussed her surprise at finding every sample of wheat she tested in her lab heavily contaminated with glyphosate. She co-authored a paper called “Glyphosate’s Suppression of Cytochrome P450 Enzymes and Amino Biosynthesis by the Gut Microbiome: Pathways to Modern Diseases.” The paper was published in a journal called Entropy, 2013.

In the paper, Dr. Seneff discusses how glyphosate harms our beneficial bacteria, suppressing the cytochrome P450 enzymes that play a major role in the detoxification pathway. Thus, glyphosate enhances the damaging effects of other environmental toxins by inhibiting their clearance from the body. The negative impact on the body is insidious and not immediately apparent. Over time, the inflammatory response can damage systems throughout the body."

The full article is here:
https://www.musingsmemoirandmedicine.co ... f-of-life/

I do believe that we should eat a wide variety of clean food, meaning organic non-gmo, but who knows these days what we are getting even when it says organic and non-gmo. We over eat because the food is usually nutrient depleted. We do not detox properly, if at all. We often frustrate our bodies by not allowing detoxing to happen. Yet it is so important to do so, so that we can allow our bodies to function better. The best thing, although not often easily done, is to grow our own food, raise our own meat. The next best thing is to find local farms who do care about raising good food. Hey, our ancestors used to do that...

I couldn’t agree more! When you really think about it, even if we grow our own food, it’s still contaminated because the air, water, and soil are all toxic. It would be near impossible to grow something and have it be truly organic unfortunately

People would go a little nutty if they knew everything we consume, wear, and breathe is purposefully loaded with poisons and toxins. Including all products and even cook wear. Always ask for protection from these things in your prayers because you can only do so much. We literally cannot do anything about the air

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

People were able to stay slim in the 70s somehow.

So what has changed since then?

Also I will add that there are epigenetic changes going on too. What a person’s parent or grandparent ate can affect their propensity to obesity. And it’s literally not their fault. It’s how their genes were programmed while in the womb or even before the sperm and egg came together.

Jashon
captain of 100

Post by Jashon »

Wolfwoman wrote: March 4th, 2023, 2:51 pm People were able to stay slim in the 70s somehow.

So what has changed since then?
Watch the informative video at the top of this webpage for your answer.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

made me giggle.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Lots of vegetables and fruits. Notice, it is in the first place about what to eat. Then a little meat (generally, chicken and fish are best). THEN all grain, but particularly wheat for humans. Wheat has changed for the worse and is heavily sprayed with poison. Quinoa, amaranth, millet, oats (for those of Northern European descent) are all much better.

We must also use knowledge and wisdom to know how to keep the WoW, which we are promised we'll find if we keep the commandments and the WoW:
19 And shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures;

10 And again, verily I say unto you, all wholesome herbs God hath ordained for the constitution, nature, and use of man—

11 Every herb in the season thereof, and every fruit in the season thereof; all these to be used with prudence and thanksgiving.

12 Yea, flesh also of beasts and of the fowls of the air, I, the Lord, have ordained for the use of man with thanksgiving; nevertheless they are to be used sparingly;
13 And it is pleasing unto me that they should not be used, only in times of winter, or of cold, or famine.
14 All grain is ordained for the use of man and of beasts, to be the staff of life, not only for man but for the beasts of the field, and the fowls of heaven, and all wild animals that run or creep on the earth;
15 And these hath God made for the use of man only in times of famine and excess of hunger.

16 All grain is good for the food of man; as also the fruit of the vine; that which yieldeth fruit, whether in the ground or above the ground—

17 Nevertheless, wheat for man, and corn for the ox, and oats for the horse, and rye for the fowls and for swine, and for all beasts of the field, and barley for all useful animals, and for mild drinks, as also other grain.

Ado
captain of 100

Post by Ado »

My husband's uncle and his wife are exactly obedient with the word of wisdom. Plant based, very little meat, and avoiding processed foods. They stay thin by barely eating anything at all. Starvation. Their adult kids are the same way. The whole family is the picture of anorexia.