How to keep to the WoW & not get fat?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
anonymous91
captain of 100

Re: How to keep to the WoW & not get fat?

Post by anonymous91 »

NeveR wrote: January 3rd, 2023, 11:32 pm
Original_Intent wrote: January 3rd, 2023, 11:24 pm
NeveR wrote: January 3rd, 2023, 11:22 pm The WoW urges people to eat a lot of grain.

This is a very common way for modern western humans to eat, but it's NOT a very natural or healthy diet for us. We are designed to eat animal fats and proteins, can't process gluten well and many polyunsaturated vegetable oils are chemically extracted and less healthy than saturated animal fats.

Plus high carb diets can make many people - specially older people - gain weight.

How do we combine eating low carb, paleo/healthy with keeping the WOW?
Seek inspiration on eating healthy and follow it.
My intuition has always been to avoid grain carbs almost totally. But my in-laws serve incredibly stodgy meals with bread, pasta etc - & it's what my husband expects & considers normal.

Both my in-laws are quite seriously overweight & so are two of my SiLs & two of my BiLs. My husband also struggles with his weight.

I feel powerfully sure they would all be healthier on lower carb, more eggs & fish & animal fats - but how to persuade them?!

From my very limited understanding today's wheat is not the same as ancient wheat and is definitely not as healthy. I've heard that you can still find sources of Non-GMO processed wheat that are still beneficial, but this is difficult to find. The other issue is how the wheat is processed and the process that is used today is what causes so many of us to be unhealthy.

Personally, my body can no longer tolerate wheat, fiber, and most cheese. A few years ago, I was diagnosed with Gastroparesis, and since then I have switched over to a Carnivore diet relying on fat and protein. Fat provides the main energy source, and I have noticed a significant improvement in how much energy I have available every day. My dietician recommended this diet to me, to help heal my gut biome. Ideally, I've heard that the Mediterranean diet is the healthiest long-term diet, as long as your gut biome is in a healthy place.

As an interesting observation. Most people with Gastroparesis lose a lot of weight, but I was experiencing the opposite problem. I was slowly gaining weight, even though my daily caloric intake was well below the amount I should have been eating on a daily basis. My dietician confirmed, that since I was on a high-carb diet that my body had gone into starvation mode, and was storing fat, which is why my weight was increasing. That, and my sedentary lifestyle were the main culprits to my weight gain. So, for anyone that is struggling with losing weight getting on a protein/fat only diet will help you lose that weight easier.

Be aware that in the first 1-2 weeks it is not uncommon to experience what is often called the keto flu as your body is learning to adjust its fuel source from carbs to fat. A major advantage to this diet is that you will feel fuller for longer, and have more energy. Even better, if you are able to eat enough in 1 meal, you may only need to prep and eat 1 meal a day, and no I am not kidding. I eat twice a day, I could get away with eating only once, but would have to increase the amount of food I eat in one sitting, which is not recommended for gastroparesis. So, for anyone wanting to only eat one meal a day, and feel satiated the whole day, this is the way to go.

If you decide you want to go on this diet, I suggest you research it a bit and find out the pros and cons, so that you can learn more about it. I would also advise, if you plan to do this for a while, it would be good to have your doctor do a blood test to find out what vitamins, nutrients, and minerals your body may be lacking. This way you can use supplements where your diet is not providing you with enough of these supplements. It is very important to remember to use salt in this diet. Also, many people on this diet eat organ meats or alternatively take an organ pill for some of the dietary necessities that your body will need. To help you get an idea of what types of food you can eat on this diet, here is a page that has some good info. on it. Especially useful is the Carnivore Diet Food Pyramind, which shows you at a glance what foods you can eat. Here's the link:

https://www.doctorkiltz.com/carnivore-diet-food-list/

Due to our family budget, I had to learn the cheapest options to afford to get on this diet. A lot of the people on this diet seem to have an unlimited budget and were buying the best cuts of meat daily. This included NY Strip steak, T-bone, ribeye, and so forth. This was simply out of my budget. So, I'm including a short list of foods that I found affordable, for anyone that is interested in trying out the diet for themselves. Here is the list I personally use, feel free to add other foods to your own budget though. I've included my typical portions, which are considered rather low for my age, weight, and sex. This just gives you a rough idea of what portions to start with and allows you to adjust as you see fit.

It is important to watch your carbs like a hawk while on this diet. It is recommended to not eat any more than 20 grams of carbs at the most in one day. That is very easy to go over if you aren't following a strict diet. If you go over the recommended carbs, you'll no longer be in ketosis, and it'll undo all of your hard work. It is best to shoot for 0 carbs to make sure that you are always in ketosis, but giving up the carbs and sugar is a real challenge. Evidently, your body likes to use carbs as the primary energy source, if this source is depleted, or not available it will resort to using fat as the energy source instead. The primary advantage is that fat as an energy source gives you more energy, produces energy more consistently, and you feel satiated for longer.

My Staple Daily Food:

70/30 Ground Beef (I just get the cheapest I can find, but if you have the budget I recommend going organic). On this diet, fat is desirable on the diet so the fatter cut is the one we want, plus it's the cheaper one. Right now I eat just a little under 1/2 pound daily

Salmon Fillets. I buy a preseasoned 4 pack, which currently costs around $6.50 (Went up from 5.50 just a couple of months ago). I eat one fillet a day. From my research, Salmon is very important and helps you get a lot of nutrients that you would otherwise not get.

Chicken Breast Tenderloins. Not a lot of fat in chicken, but there is a lot of protein, and will fill you up. I typically eat 2-3 of these a day.

This is one of my two standard meals for the day.

Organic Eggs. I typically eat 3 eggs daily.

Greek Yogurt. I scoop out about 1/4 of the container, which lasts about 4 days.

String Cheese. I typically eat 2 of these. I may eat 2 more later in the day to snack on.

This is my other standard meal of the day.

The liquid is another important part of my diet and is easier for me to digest.

My primary drinks are the following:

- Water. I start off my day by drinking 2 glasses of water.

- Homemade Bone Broth soup (typically made from chicken feet). Drink this daily as I feel thirsty or a bit hungry.

- Water and homemade Electrolyte mix (16 oz. water to 1/2 tsp "Redmond Sea Salt" , 1/2 tsp "No-Salt" also called "Nu-Salt" Brand, and 2 Tsp "Calm" brand. You can also add 1/2 lime/lemon and/or 1/2 Tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar if you prefer. Stevia can also be added for sweetness if desired). This replenishes any salt that I may need for the day. I typically only drink 8 oz. a day of this though, unless I am physically exerting myself since I live a very sedentary lifestyle.

- Occasionally, I will have Herbal Tea. Typically, I prefer Licorice or Chamomile Teas.

I typically use a little butter on my chicken and when prepping my eggs. I also season my meats with either "Real Salt" or "Himalayan Salt" brands, do not use Iodine salt it's not healthy, and personally, I think it tastes awful. I also like to use Black Pepper to season my food. Be really careful what other spices you use, if you are used to seasoning your food a lot. Currently, I don't eat organ meats, haven't figured out a way to cook them where they are palatable to me, so I supplement with various vitamins/minerals instead. Getting a high-quality Multi-Vitamin is what I would recommend, just do your research to be sure that the vitamins you are buying actually work, a lot of brands do not work. A high-quality multivitamin can make you feel nauseous if you take it on an empty stomach FYI. One brand that works well is the Multivitamins that Melaleuca manufactures (hint: If you have a family/friend that is already a customer have them buy these for you so that you pay the discounted price). There are plenty of other choices, here is a useful chart to help you decide, which works best for you:

https://www.multivitaminguide.org/best- ... tamin.html

If you like sardines, that can also make a great snack, just make sure you buy ones that are packed in water. This is one of the cheapest sources to buy fish if you are on a tight budget. Canned Tuna is another viable option.

I would recommend persuading them by introducing them to videos on the subject that can expose them to the many benefits of the Carnivore Diet. I will warn you that giving up the Carbs and Sugar is really, really hard. I didn't realize how addicted I was to carbs and sugar until I tried this diet. I still cheat from time to time, and I regret it every time. Here's a good intro video to share:
Not sure if this is the best place to post this, if there is a better thread to add this to please let me know.

anonymous91
captain of 100

Post by anonymous91 »

LostCreekAcres wrote: January 4th, 2023, 11:47 am It has been quite a long time since I had read this book,
https://wordofwisdombook.com/product/wo ... sdom-book/
The Word of Wisdom: Hope, Healing, and the Destroying Angel. However, I was on a kick about studying the WoW and found the book to be pretty interesting. It appears that the book is available online for free now: https://wordofwisdombook.com/free-book/
Just thought someone may find it of interest.
I have had WoW pangs of guilt many times over the years and have endeavored at different times to adhere better. However, with family members doing KETO and other diets over the years, cooking has become a chore where once it was a joy. Ugh. Needless to say, WoW hasn't yet happened for me, but I can aspire! :)

You may want to look into the Carnivore Diet. If you eat the proper portions, you'll only need to prep one meal daily, rather than the standard 3.

LostCreekAcres
captain of 100

Post by LostCreekAcres »

anonymous91 wrote: January 4th, 2023, 4:07 pm
LostCreekAcres wrote: January 4th, 2023, 11:47 am It has been quite a long time since I had read this book,
The Word of Wisdom: Hope, Healing, and the Destroying Angel. However, I was on a kick about studying the WoW and found the book to be pretty interesting. It appears that the book is available online for free now: https://wordofwisdombook.com/free-book/
I have had WoW pangs of guilt many times over the years and have endeavored at different times to adhere better. However, with family members doing KETO and other diets over the years, cooking has become a chore where once it was a joy. Ugh. Needless to say, WoW hasn't yet happened for me, but I can aspire! :)

You may want to look into the Carnivore Diet. If you eat the proper portions, you'll only need to prep one meal daily, rather than the standard 3.
No thanks. I love meat, but even doing KETO with the family a couple of times, was way too much meat for me. Glad it has worked for you though. First time I tried Keto, I lost 10 pounds in a couple weeks, then I lost absolutely 0 pounds for the next month even though I was being really strict and staying under 20 carbs daily. I gave up after that. Next month of trying Keto at a later time, again resulted in 0 loss. I've been fasting for the past 2 weeks for breakfast and lunch and only eating a modest dinner. Have lost that same 10 lbs as my Keto trial. This isn't sustainable for me though. Will likely give WoW another shot.

anonymous91
captain of 100

Post by anonymous91 »

LostCreekAcres wrote: January 4th, 2023, 6:23 pm
anonymous91 wrote: January 4th, 2023, 4:07 pm

No thanks. I love meat, but even doing KETO with the family a couple of times, was way too much meat for me. Glad it has worked for you though. First time I tried Keto, I lost 10 pounds in a couple weeks, then I lost absolutely 0 pounds for the next month even though I was being really strict and staying under 20 carbs daily. I gave up after that. Next month of trying Keto at a later time, again resulted in 0 loss. I've been fasting for the past 2 weeks for breakfast and lunch and only eating a modest dinner. Have lost that same 10 lbs as my Keto trial. This isn't sustainable for me though. Will likely give WoW another shot.
It has taken me a while to have it work for me, and I'm still making small changes over time to improve results. It's definitely not an easy diet, and not for everyone. I have members of my own family that are on the Mediterranean diet, a Strictly Vegan Diet, and Eating whatever they feel like diet. lol

It seems to be working for each of them, so they say. I am convinced that each person is unique, and what works for one person won't necessarily work for someone else. The best way is to experiment, if you find something that works for you, stick with it and make small changes as you go forward. You get bad results, cut that out of your diet, and vice versa. Best of Luck.

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

Eating right is only one piece of the puzzle.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

The WoW was given during a time when there were no GMO foods. People grew their own food. Today's grains and meats are mostly junk. Lots of fake food nowadays.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

As a former personal trainer, I always told people that you can't outrun a poor diet. Assuming one doesn't have preexisting conditions like allergies, intolerances, etc. once daily caloric requirements are calculated based on daily work, age, height, sex, etc, it's simply a matter of buying the proper quantities of foods (calories) and exercising eating discipline along with exercising the body. But without appropriate goals and a solid vision of the end result, this makes everything else more difficult and prolongs desired results.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

NeveR wrote: January 3rd, 2023, 11:22 pm The WoW urges people to eat a lot of grain.

This is a very common way for modern western humans to eat, but it's NOT a very natural or healthy diet for us. We are designed to eat animal fats and proteins, can't process gluten well and many polyunsaturated vegetable oils are chemically extracted and less healthy than saturated animal fats.

Plus high carb diets can make many people - specially older people - gain weight.

eat less calories than your body burns and you will lose weight. Eat the same amount and you stay the same. Eat alot more and you get Fat. Exercise burns more calories. Sitting still burns less calories.

eat less calories than your body burns and you will lose weight.

anonymous91
captain of 100

Post by anonymous91 »

FrankOne wrote: January 4th, 2023, 10:28 pm

eat less calories than your body burns and you will lose weight. Eat the same amount and you stay the same. Eat alot more and you get Fat. Exercise burns more calories. Sitting still burns less calories.

That doesn't always work, I am a perfect example of someone who eats fewer calories than I should and I was slowly gaining weight instead. I found out that I actually had to increase my daily calories and change what I was eating (went from a carb diet to a carnivore diet instead), and now I am starting to lose weight. That is completely the opposite of the general advice of eating less and you'll lose weight. In my case, I suspect it has to do with my metabolism slowing down and my body going into survival mode. It was storing all the fat it could, tus the reason my weight was slowly creeping up.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

anonymous91 wrote: January 4th, 2023, 10:38 pm

That doesn't always work, I am a perfect example of someone who eats fewer calories than I should and I was slowly gaining weight instead. I found out that I actually had to increase my daily calories and change what I was eating (went from a carb diet to a carnivore diet instead), and now I am starting to lose weight. That is completely the opposite of the general advice of eating less and you'll lose weight. In my case, I suspect it has to do with my metabolism slowing down and my body going into survival mode. It was storing all the fat it could, tus the reason my weight was slowly creeping up.
the metabolism will slow to conserve energy when calories are decreased. Continuing on decreasing calories until weight starts to come off will work because it must. ...always. always, but it takes absolute consistency and diligence Stopping the foregoing process too early does nothing except to reinforce the pattern of change of metabolism. Certain combinations of foods definitely help due to the way that a body type operates and there is no 'one size fits all' when it comes to these combinations.

to add. Carbs/sugar alone won't make you fat. Fat alone won't make you fat. Sugar/carbs + Fat makes you fat. Meat diets don't have carbs/sugar.... = lose weight.
Last edited by FrankOne on January 4th, 2023, 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Craig Johnson
captain of 1,000

Post by Craig Johnson »

Losing weight is not simple. You have to find out what foods, how much of those foods and what type of activity will work for your body. This is why there are thousands of weight loss diets. Some bodies are similar, so slimfast helps a lot of people. But that does not work for me. I have to suffer to lose weight, literally go through super-hunger, but once my metabolism kicks in, usually in less than three days, I no longer feel hungry and just eating enough to nourish myself works like a charm.
But, that's me, every "body" is different.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

anonymous91 wrote: January 4th, 2023, 10:38 pm That doesn't always work, I am a perfect example of someone who eats fewer calories than I should and I was slowly gaining weight instead. I found out that I actually had to increase my daily calories and change what I was eating (went from a carb diet to a carnivore diet instead), and now I am starting to lose weight. That is completely the opposite of the general advice of eating less and you'll lose weight. In my case, I suspect it has to do with my metabolism slowing down and my body going into survival mode. It was storing all the fat it could, tus the reason my weight was slowly creeping up.
I find a carnivorous diet works best for me. When i say carnivorous I don't mean McDonald's burgers and ready meals, but plain meat and fish that hasn't been heavily processed.

Also contrary to a lot of people these days, I've found the inclusion of dairy and milk in my diet actually improves my digestion rather than vice versa.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Craig Johnson wrote: January 4th, 2023, 10:53 pm

Losing weight is not simple. You have to find out what foods, how much of those foods and what type of activity will work for your body. This is why there are thousands of weight loss diets. Some bodies are similar, so slimfast helps a lot of people. But that does not work for me. I have to suffer to lose weight, literally go through super-hunger, but once my metabolism kicks in, usually in less than three days, I no longer feel hungry and just eating enough to nourish myself works like a charm.
But, that's me, every "body" is different.
This is the key, most of us don't have the stones to tough those first few days out.... But like you say it's just hell the first few days and it's like your body rewards you with a reset. And your cravings are sharply curbed.
If it was easy to do in our society, America wouldn't be 70% overweight.

Craig Johnson
captain of 1,000

Post by Craig Johnson »

Cruiserdude wrote: January 5th, 2023, 3:58 am it's just hell the first few days and it's like your body rewards you with a reset. And your cravings are sharply curbed.
Some people don't suffer at all - because of their glands I suppose.
But, yeah, when I got 65 lbs off I noticed some things about my body and other people's bodies that I had never noticed before. The amount of fat we carry distorts not only our vision of what a body should look like, but it also pushes our muscles, organs and bones into positions that they should not be in.
And these drug commercials we see nowadays where everybody in the commercial is fat, but "Hey, take this drug and you will be okay" rather than "Dude, go reduce your bodyfat" bothers the heck out of me.
It makes sense, because many people can't figure it out, they don't want to take the time and experiment and figure out what to do with their body to make it as healthy as they can. But, it is definitely worth it.

anonymous91
captain of 100

Post by anonymous91 »

Craig Johnson wrote: January 5th, 2023, 5:27 am
Cruiserdude wrote: January 5th, 2023, 3:58 am it's just hell the first few days and it's like your body rewards you with a reset. And your cravings are sharply curbed.
Some people don't suffer at all - because of their glands I suppose.
But, yeah, when I got 65 lbs off I noticed some things about my body and other people's bodies that I had never noticed before. The amount of fat we carry distorts not only our vision of what a body should look like, but it also pushes our muscles, organs and bones into positions that they should not be in.
And these drug commercials we see nowadays where everybody in the commercial is fat, but "Hey, take this drug and you will be okay" rather than "Dude, go reduce your bodyfat" bothers the heck out of me.
It makes sense, because many people can't figure it out, they don't want to take the time and experiment and figure out what to do with their body to make it as healthy as they can. But, it is definitely worth it.
Not to mention, most of those "wonder diet pills" don't help you lose weight the way people think they do. From what I recall, most of these pills that actually work to reduce your weight, actually reduce your muscle mass which is exactly the opposite of what you want. Of course, since muscle weighs more than fat, they can legitimately claim that you'll lose weight, lol.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

lots of good advice in here already.

I'll throw in my $0.02

don't confuse the healthy grains advice in the WOW with the USDA food pyramid - they are not the same. The high number of obese people in the usa following the food pyramid should tell you everything you need to know: the food pyramid is fake.

It's correct that we should eat plenty of grains. It's incorrect to stay away from "lean meat".

D&C 59 gives us the key:
15 And inasmuch as ye do these things with thanksgiving(1), with cheerful hearts and countenances, not with much laughter, for this is sin, but with a glad heart and a cheerful countenance--
16 Verily I say, that inasmuch as ye do this, the fulness of the earth is yours, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the air(2), and that which climbeth upon the trees and walketh upon the earth;
17 Yea, and the herb, and the good things which come of the earth, whether for food(3) or for raiment, or for houses, or for barns, or for orchards, or for gardens, or for vineyards;
18 Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season thereof, are made for the benefit and the use of man, both to please the eye and to gladden the heart;
19 Yea, for food and for raiment(4), for taste and for smell, to strengthen the body and to enliven the soul.
20 And it pleaseth God that he hath given all these things unto man; for unto this end were they made to be used, with judgment, not to excess, neither by extortion.(5)
(1) Thanksgiving is the key.
(2) If you think about how they used meat in the movie "The Last of the Mohicans" - they shot the deer, then prayed over the deer, thanking the deer for giving its life so they could eat. Then they use every part of the deer - they don't "shave off the fat and throw it away". but Moses had them burn the fat during sacrifices . yes, because the fat was the best part - they were giving it to God, symbolically.
(3) Meat is for food.
(4) Meat is for food and clothing.
(5) The clincher: "not to excess or extortion". Extortion is taking more than the earth is naturally willing to give - feed lots, huge processing facilities, excessive fertilization that runs off into our water supplies - raping the soil with mechanization instead of taking care of it. Barns where chickens are kept their entire lives in cages - this isn't right. Excess is too much of anything - good or bad. In Utah, I guess it would be soda and ice cream.

We eat lots of fat - non-homogenized milk with the cream intact, roast, steak, veggies cooked with butter, full-fat yogurt made from whole milk and lots of fruits and grains. I've never understood seeing the carts of obese people full of "diet everything" and "fat free" deli meats (the worst kind of meat, IMO).

"only in times of famine" could also refer to "a famine of nutrition" that we're currently seeing in our fruit and veggies due to the "more for less" agricultural practices of BigAg.

p8riot
captain of 100

Post by p8riot »

[/quote]

Just a thought...It may be that the wheat our ancestors ate is not the same wheat we now have. I found this article by a Dr. Erica Elliott:

"Why has wheat become such a big problem? Some critics believe that wheat avoidance is simply the latest food craze. Unfortunately, that is not the case. Wheat conventionally grown in the US no longer resembles what our ancestors ate and what people referred to as the “staff of life.

In my medical practice, I began to notice a steep rise in gut complaints and food allergies, beginning in the early 1990s. Around the same time, a growing number of patients reported that they felt better when they were off wheat, even when the celiac tests were negative. I was determined to find out why these conditions were suddenly escalating in the general population."

Last October 2014, I went to Albuquerque for a conference on environmental medicine. At the conference I had the good fortune to hear Stephanie Seneff, PhD, senior scientist at MIT, talk about the harmful effects of glyphosate. She discussed her surprise at finding every sample of wheat she tested in her lab heavily contaminated with glyphosate. She co-authored a paper called “Glyphosate’s Suppression of Cytochrome P450 Enzymes and Amino Biosynthesis by the Gut Microbiome: Pathways to Modern Diseases.” The paper was published in a journal called Entropy, 2013.

In the paper, Dr. Seneff discusses how glyphosate harms our beneficial bacteria, suppressing the cytochrome P450 enzymes that play a major role in the detoxification pathway. Thus, glyphosate enhances the damaging effects of other environmental toxins by inhibiting their clearance from the body. The negative impact on the body is insidious and not immediately apparent. Over time, the inflammatory response can damage systems throughout the body."

The full article is here:
https://www.musingsmemoirandmedicine.co ... f-of-life/

I do believe that we should eat a wide variety of clean food, meaning organic non-gmo, but who knows these days what we are getting even when it says organic and non-gmo. We over eat because the food is usually nutrient depleted. We do not detox properly, if at all. We often frustrate our bodies by not allowing detoxing to happen. Yet it is so important to do so, so that we can allow our bodies to function better. The best thing, although not often easily done, is to grow our own food, raise our own meat. The next best thing is to find local farms who do care about raising good food. Hey, our ancestors used to do that...
[/quote]

Yes!

USDA, "Miracles from Agriculture", 1960 - (8:28) - "Other scientists have fixed the glutens in flour so that industry cooks can make your favorite bake and serve products."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3nhpLckDv8

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

I have done low Carb and Keto on and off for years. My Cholesterol was high last year, but it was a non-fasting test. Anyhow I have studied it more this year and tried different things. My Dr. Said instead of Keto. count your Macro Nutrients. It takes a little work to figure out. Still trying. A free fitness pal app can help. I also learned that the bad oils, corn, vegetable, soy, sunflower etc cause problems. Cut out sugar of course. We still need a lot of fiber. The fiber pushes things through. The Mediterranean diet has been
voted best each year.

anonymous91
captain of 100

Post by anonymous91 »

For anyone looking to seriously get onto the Carnivore Diet, I suggest following this Youtube Channel. This lady does her research and provides useful & practical information. She keeps up with all of the latest scientific findings and provides alternate meal plans for those with sensitivities, meal plans, recipes, and so forth.

https://www.youtube.com/@SteakandButterGal/videos

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

As I pointed out in a recent thread, marijuana is not against the word of wisdom,* and a bit of the Mary Jane will give many people the "munchies".

viewtopic.php?t=64034

* When it's under medical supervision and not smoked. Other exemptions may apply. Please consult your local leadership.

nightowl
captain of 100

Post by nightowl »

Whole foods plant based diet is probably closet to the wow.
Any diet can be fatting. With all the crap they make now.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

Humans: the only animal that thinks about their food and still gets fat.

Jashon
captain of 100

Post by Jashon »

Let's say you want to eat a "balanced" WoW diet and not get obese as you age. You have to be very careful these days about what you eat in order to avoid things that can make you fat and compromise your health.

For example, it's not a good idea, long term, to consume store-bought salad dressings and eat store-bought bread, simply because most of these are now made with seed oils. The list of things we can buy in grocery stores made with seed oils goes on and on.

Today's average daily seed oil consumption starts most people on the road to obesity, at younger and younger ages, and most people are simply unable to cope with it by adopting other compensating lifestyle choices.

The large amount of linoleic acid (LA) in seed oils disrupts our normal satiety signaling. Too much LA makes us crave junk food. LA leads to increased inflammation and sun sensitivity. LA speeds up aging. LA has been a stealth driver of the obesity epidemic, since obesity has risen steeply over the past 40 years, while carb consumption has not.

Another driver of obesity is that there is more and more ultra-processed food available that is made from powders, and powders lead to an increase in absorbed calories, and the human body hasn't been exposed to this kind of food until recently.

That said, you can certainly get away with eating store bought bread and salad dressings (though it's much better not to), as long as you don't eat a lot of other processed food. Or you can pick a favorite processed food, keep eating it, but stop eating most other processed food.

I know someone who is quite old now, who eats some processed food, but avoids things like candy and soft drinks. He has avoided obesity by doing 45 to 60 minutes of fasted cardio almost every morning for decades. He also follows the apparent injunction of the WoW to eat meat sparingly.

I don't worry about that, because it can only have limited applicability. For example, it cannot apply to any ethnic groups that must eat large amounts of animal protein and fat in order to survive. And it cannot apply to someone who has healed chronic illness by eating mostly meat.

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

I've worked in food manufacturing/processing most of my life and I can assure you that none of these companies care one iota about your health. It's all about yield and profit, period. The one exception was Hershey where they knew they were making junk food/candy. Having said that, they did not waste any time jumping on the dark chocolate bandwagon a few decades ago when anti-oxidants was a buzzword.

I think we screwed up when we started relying on others for our food and very existence. Science, the new religion, has given us GMOs, pesticides, fertilizers... that are now making us sick and making company owners and stock holders wealthy. The church, in 2020, had over $88MM invested in McDonald's and over $48MM in Mondelez Intl (Cadbury, Christie Cookies, coffee...), for example. When we get fat eating their crap, the church profits.

I don't know about the safety of GMOs but I am very suspicious. About 20 years ago, Hershey Canada wanted to sell products internationally where many countries require that GMOs be on the label. The problem was that we could not source any lecithin in North America that was made with non-GMO soy. All of the soy in North America has been genetically modified. We found a supplier in Brazil that could give us non-GMO lecithin but it was quite expensive.

I believe we were meant to grow our own food but this is next to impossible in our modern world where most of us work at jobs for illuminati money.

Contrary to what my idiot Prime Minister says, I will absolutely NOT trust the scientists nor the science. I believe our only hope is to approach our Heavenly Father in prayer and ask for help regarding how to better care for our own bodies. He did create our bodies and knows best how to care for our particular model and year. My 65 year old body is starting to show signs of wear but I'll still challenge any of today's youngsters in a 20-30 mile bike race and know that I'll likely win :-)

Mike

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

MikeMaillet wrote: January 10th, 2023, 8:05 amI think we screwed up when we started relying on others for our food and very existence.
I don't know if this is the point you're making, but not everyone needs to be a farmer. We should rely on others for our food so they can rely on us for some product or service that they need.

I think the bigger problem is the improper consolidation of so many roles into the government, especially the US federal government. There needs to be a clear separation between (1) government, (2) the economy / business / production, and (3) spiritual / religious / educational aspects of life.