Marred Servant

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Being There
captain of 1,000

Re: Marred Servant

Post by Being There »

Ive also posted this before.

first,
I'm not so sure, that the logical reasoning would be that Joseph must be the Davidic Servant.
It's all just ones perspective; simple based on your own beliefs or desires.
Even though JS may have been a great prophet and the church restored through him,
he still failed at getting the saints to establish Zion; as the Lord commanded.
And everything went down hill after that, and he was killed.
There also may have been many other things that are questionable about JS
and prophecies he made and things he said that did not happen or come true,
or things he said that have been made scripture; or some take as scripture, when it's not.

We must base everything on scripture.
And that can be hard sometimes, because it seems - I don't know much about this as some others,
but it seems from what I have read, that many things in the D&C may have either been taken out,
added or changed, according to how the church wants it.

We could go on and on about so many things to discuss,
but, I don't type, so, just like the reply I will make to Hosh, or Pancake,
I will copy and paste some things that I have already previously said in this forum.

to get started -
how can JS be the marred servant in the Lord's hand - in the scripture below
when the lord says "therefore they shall not hurt him" ?
Joseph Smith was killed.

"The Davidic servant IS a servant of Jesus Christ, and really is the central theme in Isaiah.
Only you have to really search diligently - as Christ gave us a commandment to do so,
and read the most correct translation (which is Gileadi's) - to help understand.
Because his mission is probably more like Christ's than any other prophet,
when most read Isaiah - in some places - they assume it is Christ being referred to- when it's actually
the servant.

Why would the church even want to acknowledge an end-time servant - when he will be their downfall -
exposing them for what they really are - The Drunkards of Ephraim - which the Lord will hurl to the ground.
https://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtop ... d#p1210315

If there is no end-time servant - who then is The One Mighty and Strong ?
It's the Davidic servant.

The marred servant - Davidic servant is NOT Christ neither Joseph Smith.

To me, this is ridiculous - thinking that it's Christ.
All one needs to do is read this to see that it cannot be Christ or JS.
3 Nephi 21
10 But behold, the life of my servant shall be in my hand
therefore they shall not hurt him, although he shall be marred because of them.
Yet I will heal him, for I will show unto them that my wisdom is greater than the cunning of the devil.

so by reading this - HOW CAN the marred servant - being Christ - be in HIS OWN HAND ?

Also this can't be Joseph Smith either, because this "servant", "shall be in my hand;
therefore they shall not hurt him",
Joseph Smith was killed.
"Some of thought this person is JS, who will somehow be reincarnated and return to lead the people to Zion.
The dead do not return to minister in the flesh. JS finished his ministry and left.
He would have to be resurrected, and Celestial beings cannot dwell on this Telestial Earth."

ALSO
Do you really think that, the son - Jesus Christ being God the Father,
would actually lower Himself - being God, and would come down to Earth again and fulfill a mission of a servant !
I don't think so.

as one person put it -
"His sitting on the throne of David, would be like the governor of Utah
becoming the mayor of Loa.

"Because the servant is a forerunner to Jehovah’s coming to reign on the earth,
the roles of Jehovah and his servant are closely intertwined."

this end time servant's mission
will be more like Christ's than any other, he will personify Christ, and it's because of this,
and the scriptures that talk about him, that many have taken it to mean Christ, when it's really His servant.

ALSO

does this really sound like this person would be Jesus Christ
NO - it does not.

The Lord HAS been preparing him, but has not revealed him;
but he may not even know who he is yet until the Lord empowers him;
and "when my God became my strength— " Isaiah 49:5
after the "trials he endures have served their purpose to purify, perfect, and sanctify him to a higher spiritual level,
thereby qualifying him for a new commission.
Jacob/Israel’s restoration, to which task he was foreordained (v 1), Jehovah augments with a mission
to serve as a light to the “nations” or “Gentiles”

you may want to take a look at this translation
https://www.isaiahexplained.com/commentary/49

Isaiah 49
Jehovah empowers his servant after he is rejected to restore his people and to implement their new exodus.

1 Hear me, O isles; listen, you distant peoples:Jehovah called me before I was in the belly;before I was in my mother’s womb,he mentioned me by name.

Jehovah having spoken of his servant (cf. Isaiah 41:1-3, 25-27; 42:1-7; 44:26-28; 45:1-6, 13; 46:11-13; 48:14-15), the servant speaks of himself, asserting Jehovah foreordained him before his mother conceived him. Jehovah’s “naming” him and “calling” him to an international mission—to “the isles” and “distant people”—signify ascent to the seraph category. Jehovah had likewise called Jeremiah to an international mission before his birth: “Before I formed you in the belly, I knew you. Before you came out of the womb, I sanctified you. I ordained you a prophet to the nations” (Jeremiah 1:5, 10).

2 He has made my mouth like a sharp sword—in the shadow of his hand he hid me. He has made me into a polished arrow—in his quiver he kept me secret.

Jehovah’s “hiding” and “secreting” his servant suggests that the world knows nothing of his calling until the time Jehovah empowers him.
Even Jehovah’s people don’t know him or are ignorant of him until he fulfills his mission:
“You will summon a nation that you did not know; a nation that did not know you will hasten to you” (Isaiah 55:5).
He himself, therefore, is one of the “new things” Jehovah does suddenly that test the loyalty of his people (Isaiah 42:9; 48:6-8; 51:4-11).
The terms mouth, sword, hand, and arrow designate Jehovah’s servant metaphorically (Isaiah 31:8; 51:16; 62:2-3).

3 He said to me, You are my servant,Israel, in whom I will be glorified.
4 I had thought, I have labored in vain,I have spent my strength for nothing and to no purpose!
Yet my cause rested with Jehovah,my recompense with my God.

Jehovah’s calling his servant “Israel” parallels Jehovah’s calling his people’s ancestor Jacob by his new name Israel after Jacob had proven loyal to him (Genesis 32:28). The servant’s receiving a new name, in other words—which the name Israel here symbolizes—attests to his ascent to a higher spiritual level after he has proven loyal to Jehovah. It also implies that he—Jehovah’s individual servant—serves as a surrogate of and as an exemplar to Jehovah’s collective servant; that is, to Jehovah’s people in the Jacob/Israel category to whom Jehovah sends him (vv 5-9; Isaiah 41:27; 42:6-7; 48:16).

One way the servant proves loyal is to continue laboring in Jehovah’s cause even in the face of few positive results. By all appearances, he at first spends a great deal of energy “in vain” and “for nothing and to no purpose.” And yet, desiring to serve Jehovah even under the most adversarial conditions (v 7; Isaiah 50:6-9; 52:13-14), he submits to Jehovah’s will:

“My Lord Jehovah has endowed me with a learned tongue, that I may know how to preach to those grown weary a word to wake them up” (Isaiah 50:4).
Before ascending to Isaiah’s seraph level, he descends through trials that consume him.

5 For now Jehovah has said—he who formed me from the womb to be his servant, to restore Jacob to him,Israel having been gathered to him; for I won honor in the eyes of Jehovah when my God became my strength—

6 he said: It is too small thing for you to be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob and to restore those preserved of Israel.
I will also appoint you to be a light to the nations, that my salvation may be to the end of the earth.

A reversal of circumstances takes place for Jehovah’s servant when the trials he endures have served their purpose to purify, perfect, and sanctify him to a higher spiritual level, thereby qualifying him for a new commission.
Jacob/Israel’s restoration, to which task he was foreordained (v 1), Jehovah augments with a mission to serve as a light to the “nations” or “Gentiles” (goyim) “to the end of the earth.” From there, Jehovah’s people are to return (Isaiah 41:8-9; 43:5-6), so that all who desire it might participate in Jehovah’s salvation and prepare for Jehovah’s coming as salvation (Isaiah 52:7; 62:11).

Jehovah “appoints” his servant when he “wins honor” in Jehovah’s eyes by proving faithful through trials (v 4), at which time his God becomes his “strength.”
The servant’s physical exploits that follow—subduing nations, releasing captives, leading the new exodus, and rebuilding ruins (Isaiah 9:2-5; 11:10-16; 41:2-3, 25; 45:1-3, 13; 48:14; 61:1-4)—should thus be seen in the context of an ascent phase of divine empowerment that follows his descent phase through afflictions as he fulfills his role of proxy savior to the Jacob/Israel category of Jehovah’s people under the terms of the Davidic Covenant.

7 Thus says Jehovah,the Redeemer and Holy One of Israel,to him who is despised as a person,who is abhorred by his nation,a servant to those in authority:Kings shall rise up when they see you, princes shall prostrate themselves,because Jehovah keeps faith with you,because the Holy One of Israel has chosen you.

Although Jehovah’s servant is at first “despised as a person” and “abhorred by his nation” as his own reject him,
Jehovah exalts him in the eyes of those who see him as a threat to their authority.
Jehovah rewards his servant’s faithfulness toward him in the face of opposition with his own acts of faithfulness toward his servant.
Henceforth, as the servant begins the temporal phase of Jacob/Israel’s restoration, he becomes prominent worldwide (Isaiah 11:10-12; 52:15; 55:5). Kings and princes now honor him who was dishonored and assist in the restoration of Jehovah’s people (vv 22-23; Isaiah 60:3-11).
Last edited by Being There on January 20th, 2023, 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

DJB
captain of 100

Post by DJB »

Being There wrote: January 19th, 2023, 8:34 pm
Pazooka wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 10:17 pm Oh….all the things we think we know….will probably turn out to be worthless in the end. But the chase “vale la pena”

Turns out the word “marred” in Isaiah 52 could actually be “anointed.”

As many were astonished at him –

His appearance was so marred,

Beyond human semblance,

And his form beyond that of the sons of men – (Isa. 52.14)

This verse has significantly different forms in the ancient versions. The MT [Masoretic Text] and the Targum, which used the MT, say he was disfigured beyond human semblance, such that people were astonished (thus RSV). The Qumran Isaiah scroll,69 however, has ‘he was anointed beyond human semblance’ such that kings and people were astonished. The difference is one letter: mšt in the MT and mšty in the Qumran scroll. The Servant ‘anointed beyond human semblance’ means he was transfigured, and so, as did Enoch, he became like one of the glorious ones. (Barker, Margaret. Temple Mysticism: An Introduction (pp. 9-10). SPCK. Kindle Edition.)
I mean…how would a tortured, disfigured man surprise anyone? A glorious, transfigured one, on the other hand…

I love it. so much.
as I've replied - many times in this forum - to quote myself -

"I thought the same thing years ago.
but, who said he has to be injured ? like hurt physically.

taken from a comment I made a few years ago.

as I've said before.

I don't think that "marred" means marred physically - as one might think. (like your body being hurt)
Look at this verse below. *** "therefore they shall not hurt him,
although he shall be marred because of them"
Even though the next line says " I will heal him "
Most people read this to mean that he was hurt physically, but
the line before says "therefore they shall not hurt him"
So I believe that there are other ways that a person can marred and be healed
other than when their body gets hurt.

I believe the marred servant is marred because there will be
many people that don't believe him, they hurt his character.
He may be discredited falsely. defaced.
I looked up the definition of deface and here is what I found - Deface - spoil the surface or appearance of (something), e.g.,
by drawing or writing on it; mar or disfigure.

He will be sent to his own people and
he will come with Christ's words .( the sealed portion )
and just as Christ's own people rejected him, so it is with this servant.
So his own people (the church and members don't believe him, so he is marred by them.

When the Mormons mar the Davidic Servant is when the times of the Gentiles is fulfilled.
They will have filled the measure of their iniquity,

3 Nephi 21:10

10 But behold, the life of my servant shall be in my hand; therefore they shall not hurt him,
although he shall be marred because of them.
Yet I will heal him, for I will show unto them that my wisdom is greater than the cunning of the devil.
I’m of the same or similar opinion as you on the subject. His personality and credibility will be marred or his spiritual body is marred in the fact that his light may not shine bright as the other “Sons of God”

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Being There wrote: January 19th, 2023, 8:42 pm Ive also posted this before.

first,
I'm not so sure, that the logical reasoning would be that Joseph must be the Davidic Servant.
Even though JS may have been a great prophet and the church restored through him,
or things he said that have been made scripture; or some take as scripture, when it's not.

And that can be hard sometimes, because it seems - I don't know much about this as some others,
but it seems from what I have read, that many things in the D&C may have either been taken out,

I will copy and paste some things that I have already previously said in this forum.

to get started -
Joseph Smith was killed.

"The Davidic servant IS a servant of Jesus Christ, and really is the central theme in Isaiah.
Only you have to really search diligently - as Christ gave us a commandment to do so,
and read the most correct translation (which is Gileadi's) - to help understand.
when most read Isaiah - in some places - they assume it is Christ being referred to- when it's actually
the servant.

Why would the church even want to acknowledge an end-time servant - when he will be their downfall -
exposing them for what they really are - The Drunkards of Ephraim - which the Lord will hurl to the ground.

3 Nephi 21

so by reading this - HOW CAN the marred servant - being Christ - be in HIS OWN HAND ?

Also this can't be Joseph Smith either, because this "servant", "shall be in my hand;
Joseph Smith was killed.
"Some of thought this person is JS, who will somehow be reincarnated and return to lead the people to Zion.
The dead do not return to minister in the flesh. JS finished his ministry and left.
He would have to be resurrected, and Celestial beings cannot dwell on this Telestial Earth."

ALSO
would actually lower Himself - being God, and would come down to Earth again and fulfill a mission of a servant !
I don't think so.

as one person put it -

will be more like Christ's than any other, he will personify Christ, and it's because of this,
and the scriptures that talk about him, that many have taken it to mean Christ, when it's really His servant.

ALSO

NO - it does not.

after the "trials he endures have served their purpose to purify, perfect, and sanctify him to a higher spiritual level,
Jacob/Israel’s restoration, to which task he was foreordained (v 1), Jehovah augments with a mission

https://www.isaiahexplained.com/legacy/ ... ch_49.html

http://www.isaiahexplained.com/49#commentary

Isaiah 49
Jehovah empowers his servant after he is rejected to restore his people and to implement their new exodus.

1 Hear me, O isles; listen, you distant peoples:Jehovah called me before I was in the belly;before I was in my mother’s womb,he mentioned me by name.

Jehovah having spoken of his servant (cf. Isaiah 41:1-3, 25-27; 42:1-7; 44:26-28; 45:1-6, 13; 46:11-13; 48:14-15), the servant speaks of himself, asserting Jehovah foreordained him before his mother conceived him. Jehovah’s “naming” him and “calling” him to an international mission—to “the isles” and “distant people”—signify ascent to the seraph category. Jehovah had likewise called Jeremiah to an international mission before his birth: “Before I formed you in the belly, I knew you. Before you came out of the womb, I sanctified you. I ordained you a prophet to the nations” (Jeremiah 1:5, 10).

2 He has made my mouth like a sharp sword—in the shadow of his hand he hid me. He has made me into a polished arrow—in his quiver he kept me secret.

Jehovah’s “hiding” and “secreting” his servant suggests that the world knows nothing of his calling until the time Jehovah empowers him.
Even Jehovah’s people don’t know him or are ignorant of him until he fulfills his mission:
“You will summon a nation that you did not know; a nation that did not know you will hasten to you” (Isaiah 55:5).
He himself, therefore, is one of the “new things” Jehovah does suddenly that test the loyalty of his people (Isaiah 42:9; 48:6-8; 51:4-11).
The terms mouth, sword, hand, and arrow designate Jehovah’s servant metaphorically (Isaiah 31:8; 51:16; 62:2-3).

4 I had thought, I have labored in vain,I have spent my strength for nothing and to no purpose!

Jehovah’s calling his servant “Israel” parallels Jehovah’s calling his people’s ancestor Jacob by his new name Israel after Jacob had proven loyal to him (Genesis 32:28). The servant’s receiving a new name, in other words—which the name Israel here symbolizes—attests to his ascent to a higher spiritual level after he has proven loyal to Jehovah. It also implies that he—Jehovah’s individual servant—serves as a surrogate of and as an exemplar to Jehovah’s collective servant; that is, to Jehovah’s people in the Jacob/Israel category to whom Jehovah sends him (vv 5-9; Isaiah 41:27; 42:6-7; 48:16).

One way the servant proves loyal is to continue laboring in Jehovah’s cause even in the face of few positive results. By all appearances, he at first spends a great deal of energy “in vain” and “for nothing and to no purpose.” And yet, desiring to serve Jehovah even under the most adversarial conditions (v 7; Isaiah 50:6-9; 52:13-14), he submits to Jehovah’s will:

“My Lord Jehovah has endowed me with a learned tongue, that I may know how to preach to those grown weary a word to wake them up” (Isaiah 50:4).
Before ascending to Isaiah’s seraph level, he descends through trials that consume him.

5 For now Jehovah has said—he who formed me from the womb to be his servant, to restore Jacob to him,Israel having been gathered to him; for I won honor in the eyes of Jehovah when my God became my strength—

6 he said: It is too small thing for you to be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob and to restore those preserved of Israel.
I will also appoint you to be a light to the nations, that my salvation may be to the end of the earth.

A reversal of circumstances takes place for Jehovah’s servant when the trials he endures have served their purpose to purify, perfect, and sanctify him to a higher spiritual level, thereby qualifying him for a new commission.
Jacob/Israel’s restoration, to which task he was foreordained (v 1), Jehovah augments with a mission to serve as a light to the “nations” or “Gentiles” (goyim) “to the end of the earth.” From there, Jehovah’s people are to return (Isaiah 41:8-9; 43:5-6), so that all who desire it might participate in Jehovah’s salvation and prepare for Jehovah’s coming as salvation (Isaiah 52:7; 62:11).

Jehovah “appoints” his servant when he “wins honor” in Jehovah’s eyes by proving faithful through trials (v 4), at which time his God becomes his “strength.”
The servant’s physical exploits that follow—subduing nations, releasing captives, leading the new exodus, and rebuilding ruins (Isaiah 9:2-5; 11:10-16; 41:2-3, 25; 45:1-3, 13; 48:14; 61:1-4)—should thus be seen in the context of an ascent phase of divine empowerment that follows his descent phase through afflictions as he fulfills his role of proxy savior to the Jacob/Israel category of Jehovah’s people under the terms of the Davidic Covenant.

7 Thus says Jehovah,the Redeemer and Holy One of Israel,to him who is despised as a person,who is abhorred by his nation,a servant to those in authority:Kings shall rise up when they see you, princes shall prostrate themselves,because Jehovah keeps faith with you,because the Holy One of Israel has chosen you.

Although Jehovah’s servant is at first “despised as a person” and “abhorred by his nation” as his own reject him,
Jehovah exalts him in the eyes of those who see him as a threat to their authority.
Jehovah rewards his servant’s faithfulness toward him in the face of opposition with his own acts of faithfulness toward his servant.
Henceforth, as the servant begins the temporal phase of Jacob/Israel’s restoration, he becomes prominent worldwide (Isaiah 11:10-12; 52:15; 55:5). Kings and princes now honor him who was dishonored and assist in the restoration of Jehovah’s people (vv 22-23; Isaiah 60:3-11).
Or, in 3 Nephi 21:10 Jesus is referring to the teachings of Isaiah. In verse 9 he prefaces it with “there shall be among them those who will not believe it, although a man (most likely Isaiah) shall declare it unto them.” And then He restates some things that are pretty close to Isaiah 52:

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.
11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

And then, Jesus goes on to talk about those who don’t believe in His words will be cut off from among the people of the covenant.

It could be as simple as that.

Jesus is the Anointed One. But He is also the ideal among the anointed ones. So it could be another king/priest.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

Pazooka wrote: January 19th, 2023, 10:26 pm

first,

to get started -
Joseph Smith was killed.

the servant.

3 Nephi 21

Joseph Smith was killed.

ALSO
I don't think so.

as one person put it -

ALSO

NO - it does not.

Isaiah 49

Or, in 3 Nephi 21:10 Jesus is referring to the teachings of Isaiah. In verse 9 he prefaces it with “there shall be among them those who will not believe it, although a man (most likely Isaiah) shall declare it unto them.” And then He restates some things that are pretty close to Isaiah 52:

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.
11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

And then, Jesus goes on to talk about those who don’t believe in His words will be cut off from among the people of the covenant.

Jesus is the Anointed One. But He is also the ideal among the anointed ones. So it could be another king/priest.
3 Nephi 21
9 For in that day, for my sake shall the Father work a work, which shall be a great and a marvelous work among them; and there shall be among them those who will not believe it, although a man shall declare it unto them.
10 But behold, the life of my servant shall be in my hand; therefore they shall not hurt him, although he shall be marred because of them. Yet I will heal him, for I will show unto them that my wisdom is greater than the cunning of the devil.
11 Therefore it shall come to pass that whosoever will not believe in my words, who am Jesus Christ, which the Father shall cause him to bring forth unto the Gentiles, and shall give unto him power that he shall bring them forth unto the Gentiles, (it shall be done even as Moses said) they shall be cut off from among my people who are of the covenant.

"The great and marvelous work - includes the restoration of the gospel, but that's just the beginning.
Most of the Lord's "great and marvelous work" of which Nephi speaks is still future. - with the entire purpose being -
to restore the Lord's ancient covenant people - The House of Israel.
And the man that shall declare it, (verse 9) is the Lord's end-time servant - the Davidic servant that
"brings forth (these great and marvelous revelations )unto the Gentiles" - being
the words of Christ (the sealed portion) (verse 11) to the church, but they don't believe it (verse 9)
and "he shall be marred because of them" (verse 10) (these words condemn the Lord's people - our church)
And because they reject these new revelations and the words of Christ and His servant,
"(it shall be done even as Moses said) they shall be cut off from among my people who are of the covenant." (verse 11)

"When the Lord's servant comes to us with the words of Christ (sealed portion)
and we reject them, and him, we will have filled the full measure of our iniquity
and the Lord will take the gospel from us, and give it back to the House of Israel.
hence "the first will be last, and last first"
And when that happens, The Times of the Gentiles will be fulfilled.

So great is this challenge, in fact, that many Gentiles will not accept it.
Instead, they will reject the words of Christ, and be "cut off" as
bitter branches, from His people (3 Nephi 21:11"

We Gentiles, and also the entire World, will have two choices when the Davidic King arrives: we will either
(1) harden our hearts to our own condemnation and destruction; or else
(2) we will repent and prepare to join Zion.
There will be a complete division between the righteous and the wicked in that day."
end quote

3 Nephi 21

11 Therefore it shall come to pass that whosoever will not believe in my words, who am Jesus Christ, which the Father shall cause him to bring forth unto the Gentiles, and shall give unto him power that he shall bring them forth unto the Gentiles, (it shall be done even as Moses said) they shall be cut off from among my people who are of the covenant.

"These Gentiles have no charity for their fellow beings.
They don't thank the Jews nor Lehi's descendants for the scriptures they have received from them.
Instead, they curse and hate them and will not recover them.
The Lord lengthens out his arm to the Gentiles all the day long.
But they mar the Lord's servant who brings forth His words.
Their rejecting the Lord's servant and their rejecting the gospel doubly testifies of their apostasy;
Nephi, therefore, offers no hope for the Gentiles unless they reconcile themselves to Christ."

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

Being There wrote: January 19th, 2023, 10:57 pm
Pazooka wrote: January 19th, 2023, 10:26 pm

first,

to get started -
Joseph Smith was killed.

the servant.

3 Nephi 21

Joseph Smith was killed.

ALSO
I don't think so.

as one person put it -

ALSO

NO - it does not.

Isaiah 49

3 Nephi 21
9 For in that day, for my sake shall the Father work a work, which shall be a great and a marvelous work among them; and there shall be among them those who will not believe it, although a man shall declare it unto them.
10 But behold, the life of my servant shall be in my hand; therefore they shall not hurt him, although he shall be marred because of them. Yet I will heal him, for I will show unto them that my wisdom is greater than the cunning of the devil.

"The great and marvelous work - includes the restoration of the gospel, but that's just the beginning.
Most of the Lord's "great and marvelous work" of which Nephi speaks is still future. - with the entire purpose being -
to restore the Lord's ancient covenant people - The House of Israel.
And the man that shall declare it, (verse 9) is the Lord's end-time servant - the Davidic servant that
"brings forth (these great and marvelous revelations )unto the Gentiles" - being
the words of Christ (the sealed portion) (verse 11) to the church, but they don't believe it (verse 9)
and "he shall be marred because of them" (verse 10) (these words condemn the Lord's people - our church)
And because they reject these new revelations and the words of Christ and His servant,
"(it shall be done even as Moses said) they shall be cut off from among my people who are of the covenant." (verse 11)

"When the Lord's servant comes to us with the words of Christ (sealed portion)
and we reject them, and him, we will have filled the full measure of our iniquity
and the Lord will take the gospel from us, and give it back to the House of Israel.
hence "the first will be last, and last first"
And when that happens, The Times of the Gentiles will be fulfilled.

So great is this challenge, in fact, that many Gentiles will not accept it.
Instead, they will reject the words of Christ, and be "cut off" as
bitter branches, from His people (3 Nephi 21:11"

We Gentiles, and also the entire World, will have two choices when the Davidic King arrives: we will either
(1) harden our hearts to our own condemnation and destruction; or else
(2) we will repent and prepare to join Zion.
There will be a complete division between the righteous and the wicked in that day."
end quote

3 Nephi 21

"These Gentiles have no charity for their fellow beings.
They don't thank the Jews nor Lehi's descendants for the scriptures they have received from them.
Instead, they curse and hate them and will not recover them.
The Lord lengthens out his arm to the Gentiles all the day long.
But they mar the Lord's servant who brings forth His words.
Their rejecting the Lord's servant and their rejecting the gospel doubly testifies of their apostasy;
Nephi, therefore, offers no hope for the Gentiles unless they reconcile themselves to Christ."
also
Being marred "because of them" is different than if it said being marred "by them" ...
10 But behold, the life of my servant shall be in my hand; therefore they shall not hurt him,

someone else's comment
"I think that it is His mission/work that is scorned, mocked, deride, "marred" and also Him,
as He is the one to actually perform/do the work. But not physically harmed.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

BeNotDeceived wrote: January 19th, 2023, 10:54 am
DJB wrote: January 19th, 2023, 6:24 am
BeNotDeceived wrote: January 14th, 2023, 5:41 pm
simpleton wrote: January 8th, 2023, 8:05 pm
The idea that Isaiah talks about a Servant/Arm/Deliverer etc, for these last days to come forth, imo, to give hope to the righteous "in these last days of trouble and gloom".
Michael Sherwin saw signs in the sky indicative of a standing in July 2023. 2448 is an interesting way to represent a date when something spectacular will likely occur. ASHH ends 2025-2040.

Three things on the time horizon.

Gloom, but not trouble. :mrgreen:
If you honestly believe that Michael Sherwin is the Davidic Servant I can guarantee you’ll miss the real deal when he hits the scene. The irony of your handle 😬
How will you know the real deal. :?:
you won't - if you're like many here - one of those who worship JS - to the point that it's blinded them
and they won't recognize the servant when he comes;
because they are so bent on thinking that he's the servant, and somehow miraculously coming back to life
to return and fulfill this mission, when he's not.

darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

Post by darknesstolight »

DJB wrote: January 19th, 2023, 5:32 pm
BeNotDeceived wrote: January 14th, 2023, 5:41 pm

Michael Sherwin saw signs in the sky indicative of a standing in July 2023. 2448 is an interesting way to represent a date when something spectacular will likely occur. ASHH ends 2025-2040.

Three things on the time horizon.

Gloom, but not trouble. :mrgreen:
If you honestly believe that Michael Sherwin is the Davidic Servant I can guarantee you’ll miss the real deal when he hits the scene. The irony of your handle 😬
Easy. There are so many scriptures instructing us on how to discern him when he comes as the preparer of the way before the 2nd coming. He will be like Moses and have power over the elements eventually, but not at first. He will bring forth scripture.
viewtopic.php?p=1331969#p1331969

Not what you were looking for?

darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

DJB wrote: January 19th, 2023, 10:26 pm
Pazooka wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 10:17 pm Oh….all the things we think we know….will probably turn out to be worthless in the end. But the chase “vale la pena”

Beyond human semblance,

This verse has significantly different forms in the ancient versions. The MT [Masoretic Text] and the Targum, which used the MT, say he was disfigured beyond human semblance, such that people were astonished (thus RSV). The Qumran Isaiah scroll,69 however, has ‘he was anointed beyond human semblance’ such that kings and people were astonished. The difference is one letter: mšt in the MT and mšty in the Qumran scroll. The Servant ‘anointed beyond human semblance’ means he was transfigured, and so, as did Enoch, he became like one of the glorious ones. (Barker, Margaret. Temple Mysticism: An Introduction (pp. 9-10). SPCK. Kindle Edition.)
I mean…how would a tortured, disfigured man surprise anyone? A glorious, transfigured one, on the other hand…

I love it. so much.

as I've said before.

I don't think that "marred" means marred physically - as one might think. (like your body being hurt)

I looked up the definition of deface and here is what I found - Deface - spoil the surface or appearance of (something), e.g.,

So his own people (the church and members don't believe him, so he is marred by them.

When the Mormons mar the Davidic Servant is when the times of the Gentiles is fulfilled.

I’m of the same or similar opinion as you on the subject. His personality and credibility will be marred or his spiritual body is marred in the fact that his light may not shine bright as the other “Sons of God”
Wouldn't he be unimpressive then before he acts as Moses?

In what way would you expect to see his personality and credibility marred? How would that manifest itself in real life do you think?

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

darknesstolight wrote: January 20th, 2023, 8:34 am

Beyond human semblance,

I love it. so much.

as I've said before.

In what way would you expect to see his personality and credibility marred? How would that manifest itself in real life do you think?

Almost like he will be clumpy dirt before he becomes dust and then molded into something…..

Isn’t that what we should all strive for?

darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

Bronco73idi wrote: January 20th, 2023, 9:23 am

as I've said before.

Almost like he will be clumpy dirt before he becomes dust and then molded into something…..

Isn’t that what we should all strive for?
Only in the Masters hands. In the hands of the enemy we must be like flint, unmoved in our obedience to the law of the gospel.

There is a Captain who is greater than they all.

And I saw the stars, that they were very great, and that one of them was nearest unto the throne of God; and there were many great ones which were near unto it;
3 And the Lord said unto me: These are the governing ones; and the name of the great one is Kolob, because it is near unto me, for I am the Lord thy God: I have set this one to govern all those which belong to the same order as that upon which thou standest.

18 Howbeit that he made the greater star; as, also, if there be two spirits, and one shall be more intelligent than the other, yet these two spirits, notwithstanding one is more intelligent than the other, have no beginning; they existed before, they shall have no end, they shall exist after, for they are gnolaum, or eternal.
19 And the Lord said unto me: These two facts do exist, that there are two spirits, one being more intelligent than the other; there shall be another more intelligent than they; I am the Lord thy God, I am more intelligent than they all.

Is being marred the same as being a sinner?

We don't want to be clay in the hands of the enemy but clay in the Hands of the Lord of Hosts and His Father.

At the least the marred servant won't be popular, well known, or pious and holy as the hypocritics are who act so they may be seen by men to be suffering or lowly in heart or righteous, etc. He might be marred in that he isn't gonna be polite or maybe he is uncultured, maybe a weirdo in pop culture standards, perhaps marred as measured by the world but not as measured by the Father.

darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

Listen

The end of merriment, mirth, dancing, and all haughtiness and pride will be brought low in to the dust

We can preserve that Light inside of us when the time of great darkness begins, time of horrors and great destruction beyond anything ever seen before.

Now is still a time of peace, a time of repentance, a time to be humble so as you won't need to be compelled to humility or be bound to death and Sheol.

Today is the day to gather within us all Good things and store them up for a time of famine. Famine of Good. Famine of Intimacy. Famine of Joy. Famine of Merriment. Famine of Love, Light, and Truth.

Gather in and practice today while the sun is still in the sky being a disciple and seal yourself to the Light because you won't have the ability or strength or fortitude to resist the darkness that is coming if you don't have sufficient oil in your lamp today.

Think radical honesty with yourself. Think radical humility. Think extreme responsibility and accountability for your life choices and actions. Extreme trust in God and Faith, understanding that faith be not a perfect knowledge but that you are to act in Goodness even though the consequences be unseen.

Consider in your heart how have I treated my fellow man during this relative time of peace? How well do I listen? Am I fair to others? Am I easily offended? Can I easily take correction? Am I believing? Do I act in pride? Do I love God with all my heart and love my neighbor and do I love my enemy? Have I recognized who the true enemy is? (it be not outside)

Repent, today, now!

DJB
captain of 100

Post by DJB »

darknesstolight wrote: January 20th, 2023, 8:29 am

Easy. There are so many scriptures instructing us on how to discern him when he comes as the preparer of the way before the 2nd coming. He will be like Moses and have power over the elements eventually, but not at first. He will bring forth scripture.

😆 Nope. All I see in that thread is out of world philosophies mingled with the wickerman I’m afraid

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

I have often wondered if he will be an Alma the younger/ Stephen kind of a guy. Very rough, unpolished, maybe even rebellious until the Lord decides to call him to the work. The Lord has a pattern of working with such types of men probably more so than the straight edged general authority types. Especially when he needs major work done. Moses, John the Baptist type stuff. I hope he is more like that. I like to see the prim and proper people squirm a bit.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

. . . maybe it's really my second or my second squared. How Wow or Way How am I attempt to say that I am that I am, and don't you dare say oh yeah ok let us eat some green eggs and ham.

viewtopic.php?p=1343168#p1343168
DJB wrote: January 20th, 2023, 6:30 pm

😆 Nope. All I see in that thread is out of world philosophies mingled with the wickerman I’m afraid
Maybe you best be for checking them thar records cuz people on the case know the real deal pal, and you ain't it.

It could be you but you haven't really presented much of a case now have you. :?:

Well just so happens that God is in a really good mood right now, and concedes toy your pleas for wisdom.

Be ye blessed with wisdom that exceedingly exceeds the capacity of mere mortals to comprehend, that is except in the case of rare exceptions where rare occasions shall occur from time to time.

So therefore I say, be ye blessed with wisdom and see that you trouble me no more on the matter of this matter or any other, except that ye ask in wisdom with a sincere heart that God's grace shall pour down upon you like a mighty and torrential reign.

And I say this . . .
inthename of march8miracle
I just knew exactly what to say and do. :!:
And that was to speak in
the name of Jesus Christ . . . Amen . . .

I think I just done published my first revelation right now. :?

doubt not that you doubt a Stout.

How dare ye doubt a drought,

and dare not call me out.

0ver and 0ut . . .
Last edited by BeNotDeceived on January 20th, 2023, 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DJB
captain of 100

Post by DJB »

Beyond human semblance,

I love it. so much.

as I've said before.

Yes, I think that’s how it will go down. He will need to suffer humiliation before he can have the reward of his sacrifice. I think we need to look at him in the same light as any one of us. God is working on him just as he does is to gain eternal life.

Think how Christ still had to submit and put himself out there and many didn’t believe and mocked him.

My belief is that he will bring forth experiences that he has had and put them out for people to read, just like Joseph and the first vision, which is another type. He will be mocked and shunned in his own ward and stake. The brethren will hear of it and so eventually will most members of the church. He will be ridiculed. Some will believe.

Afterwards, just like Joseph, he will translate scripture, and/or write scripture dictated by Jesus or the Holy Ghost and send them out as commanded. A stronger persecution will result for those unbelievers and it will be so great the words in which he will deliver, that it will be heard all over the world and will start gathering the house of Israel. The church will be mocked because of this man who is a member of it. He may be excommunicated because of this.

It will blow up from here. Then as he is obedient to this mission that God has given him, he will be changed gloriously in the eyes of the people and show forth marvellous power and start judging the wicked and saving the captives.

These are just my thoughts and impressions over the years after studying the topic in depth. Like always, my focus and worship is always on Christ, but this Servant will be the dispensation head of the Millennium when it begins at the council of Adam-ondi-Ahman and is worthy of our study and prayers as he fights for the cause of Zion..

DJB
captain of 100

Post by DJB »

blitzinstripes wrote: January 20th, 2023, 6:42 pm I have often wondered if he will be an Alma the younger/ Stephen kind of a guy. Very rough, unpolished, maybe even rebellious until the Lord decides to call him to the work. The Lord has a pattern of working with such types of men probably more so than the straight edged general authority types. Especially when he needs major work done. Moses, John the Baptist type stuff. I hope he is more like that. I like to see the prim and proper people squirm a bit.
I believe they are the type and he will be just that. A nobody, destined to be great.

DJB
captain of 100

Post by DJB »

BeNotDeceived wrote: January 20th, 2023, 6:59 pm

Maybe you best be for checking them thar records cuz people on the case know the real deal pal, and you ain't it.

It could be you but you haven't really presented much of a case now have you. :?:

Well just so happens that God is in a really good mood right now, and concedes toy your pleas for wisdom.

Be ye blessed with wisdom that exceedingly exceeds the capacity of mere mortals to comprehend, that is except in the case of rare exceptions where rare occasions shall occur from time to time.

So therefore I say, be ye blessed with wisdom and see that you trouble me no more on the matter of this matter or any other, except that ye ask in wisdom with a sincere heart that God's grace shall pour down upon you like a mighty and torrential reign.

And I say this . . .
And that was to speak in

0ver and 0ut . . .
Not once have I ever claimed to be him or anything remotely like him. Let’s just get that straight! I’m a nobody, destined to do very little other then to be a Father and support my wife and children and serve Christ.

Just because I’m declaring that Michael is not THAT Servant, you seem to think I’m doing that because I think that I am THAT Servant… C’mon man. Really?! I’m just saying that you both better be careful that you don’t go down the wrong rabbit hole..

I don’t have it out for either of you, why would I? Your both trying to be like Christ I assume, and that’s all that matters. Just understand what you should be looking for from the credible sources which are the scriptures 👍

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Servant

Post by BeNotDeceived »

DJB wrote: January 20th, 2023, 7:09 pm
blitzinstripes wrote: January 20th, 2023, 6:42 pm I have often wondered if he will be an Alma the younger/ Stephen kind of a guy. Very rough, unpolished, maybe even rebellious until the Lord decides to call him to the work. The Lord has a pattern of working with such types of men probably more so than the straight edged general authority types. Especially when he needs major work done. Moses, John the Baptist type stuff. I hope he is more like that. I like to see the prim and proper people squirm a bit.
I believe they are the type and he will be just that. A nobody, destined to be great.
Yea I think he's right. :lol:

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

DJB wrote: January 20th, 2023, 7:16 pm

And I say this . . .
And that was to speak in

0ver and 0ut . . .
Not once have I ever claimed to be him or anything remotely like him. Let’s just get that straight! I’m a nobody, destined to do very little other then to be a Father and support my wife and children and serve Christ.

Just because I’m declaring that Michael is not THAT Servant, you seem to think I’m doing that because I think that I am THAT Servant… C’mon man. Really?! I’m just saying that you both better be careful that you don’t go down the wrong rabbit hole..

I don’t have it out for either of you, why would I? Your both trying to be like Christ I assume, and that’s all that matters. Just understand what you should be looking for from the credible sources which are the scriptures 👍

Somebody's got to write the scriptures.

Why not you. :?:

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

You get what you believe if you believe that you will.

DJB
captain of 100

Post by DJB »

BeNotDeceived wrote: January 20th, 2023, 7:21 pm

And I say this . . .
And that was to speak in

0ver and 0ut . . .

Because I’m not that person, and God hasn’t called me to write scriptures. I’m just an observer 😊

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

DJB wrote: January 20th, 2023, 7:30 pm

And I say this . . .
And that was to speak in

0ver and 0ut . . .

Because I’m not that person, and God hasn’t called me to write scriptures. I’m just an observer 😊
Well OK, then observe what's been written and if you believe it from your God that is above all for a very good reason. And that is because He loves you that he will manifest Himself unto you by what has been written.

We pray therefore that the might mind and will of the Lord will fall upon you, and those that you watch over.

God signing off.

0ver and 0ut . . .

DJB
captain of 100

Post by DJB »

BeNotDeceived wrote: January 20th, 2023, 7:58 pm

Well OK, then observe what's been written and if you believe it from your God that is above all for a very good reason. And that is because He loves you that he will manifest Himself unto you by what has been written.

We pray therefore that the might mind and will of the Lord will fall upon you, and those that you watch over.

God signing off.

0ver and 0ut . . .
Your writing is confusing to me. Sure, you must be trying to convey some kind of message, but why? Why not write in simple language so you can be understood immediately. Everyone can write in code or symbolism. Not that hard. I have an open heart to whatever God wishes for me to receive. You often write in riddles. Why? If you were Jesus or a prophet sent by him, I would make an effort to try and understand the parables or symbolism in your writings, but you are not.

Confusion is not of God. If you have a real message from God speak plainly and I will listen, otherwise I skip over your riddles without giving them any thought.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

DJB wrote: January 20th, 2023, 8:27 pm

God signing off.

0ver and 0ut . . .
Your writing is confusing to me. Sure, you must be trying to convey some kind of message, but why? Why not write in simple language so you can be understood immediately. Everyone can write in code or symbolism. Not that hard. I have an open heart to whatever God wishes for me to receive. You often write in riddles. Why? If you were Jesus or a prophet sent by him, I would make an effort to try and understand the parables or symbolism in your writings, but you are not.

Confusion is not of God. If you have a real message from God speak plainly and I will listen, otherwise I skip over your riddles without giving them any thought.
Well I can send a message, but it's up to you and whether you have a willingness to believe.

DJB
captain of 100

Post by DJB »

BeNotDeceived wrote: January 20th, 2023, 8:35 pm
DJB wrote: January 20th, 2023, 8:27 pm

God signing off.

0ver and 0ut . . .

Well I can send a message, but it's up to you and whether you have a willingness to believe.
If it’s a vision or dream of God, sure, would love to hear it.👍 If it’s a mathematical equation that God knows 99% of his children will look past, or something to do with Michael Sherwin, I’ll pass.

I seek for truth no matter where it’s found 😊🙏