The Nemenhah Records—Thoughts & Impressions

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: The Nemenhah Records—Thoughts & Impressions

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

As we’ve gone through the record with my kids, it is not uncommon for me to say something like, “This single verse would completely rewrite the belief system and traditions of the church.” I’ve said this dozens of times. Here’s one such instance. Each of these verses would change the script of how the members worship:
51) Meet often in your meager Meeting Places and give thanks unto the Peacemaker that you sit upon the floor without mats and not upon a couch in a place elevated above the congregation.

52) Sing praises and thanks unto the Peacemaker and not unto your officials. Make Priests unto yourselves who are humble as you and set no wealthy man above you to sing for you until all are equally wealthy.

53) Make teachers unto yourselves who are humble and who seek the face of Christ who shall come. For the Holy Ghost shall give such teachers their voices and they shall teach you of the peaceable things of the kingdom.

54) Make no man or woman an offender because of their words. For, as the world is large and spacious, so therefore, is there much space and many peoples. Because their belief and their words may be different, this does not signify that their words are not the words of Christ. But give ear unto their words and subject them unto the Holy Ghost, who shall testify unto you of truth.

55) Yea, you need not worry that any shall deceive you, if you have the Holy Ghost as your companion, both old and young, both great and small, for it is He who makes a surety of those things which are true. Yea, He does make a surety and a certainty, even to the testifying of truth unto your minds and your hearts. Wherefore, none can assail His storehouse, and you shall have riches laid up in store, even riches in heaven.
To give a little context for this. A young man left his home in the North and travelled among the Nephites in the South. He entered one city and was cast into prison after speaking with the Chief Priest, Wayus. Lots more happened, but he was eventually freed and in this portion of the narrative he is speaking with the poor and humble people in the city.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

A litter interjection here. I was chatting w/ my son last night and mentioned that I found it surprising that the Nemenhah group makes no effort in talking about the Book of Mormon. Even though the majority of the narrative plays back and forth between how the Nemenhah were living and how the Nephites and Lamanites were living. If a person were to only pick up this record w/o reading the BoM, they'd be missing out on the more full depiction of what really happened.

And I get it, they must not want to point people to the church. But really... the record itself doesn't hold back their opinions on the fallen and apostate nature of the restored church. They should have no problem defending the purity of doctrine taught in the record.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

This is certainly an interesting discussion. I just wanted to say @Reluctant Watchman that I think you might like reading "The Voice of the Seventh Angel".

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

creator wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:12 am This is certainly an interesting discussion. I just wanted to say @Reluctant Watchman that I think you might like reading "The Voice of the Seventh Angel".
Interesting. I'll check that out. Their other pieces of literature are also intriguing. Thanks for sharing.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

A little light reading this evening. After studying the scriptures with new eyes, and then contemplating things like the following verse, I hope many of you can see why this record resonates with me:
22) Shall one or another of their Prophets proclaim a doctrine that is contrary to that which the Peacemaker has taught, they shall be well. For, if they follow such teachings, the sin shall be upon him that did proclaim the doctrine. And this is because that they shall have allowed the principles of men to become mingled with scripture and they shall teach it as the only way unto salvation.
The context for this verse is he is showing us the erroneous thinking of church leaders in our day.

Now take this quote from Heber C. Kimball:
“…WAKE UP! WAKE UP, YE ELDERS OF ISRAEL, AND LIVE TO GOD and none else; and learn to do as you are told, both old and young: learn to do as you are told for the future. And when you are taking a position, if you do not know that you are right, do not take it—I mean independently. But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.”
Notice any parallels? We have the perfect example of doctrines taught by Christ in JST Mark 9 and the false precept of “the prophet can never lead you astray.” taught by the church: https://www.reluctantwatchman.com/hand-foot-eye

Then compare this to the thread I started on tithing, and wether you think the Lord will hold you unaccountable for supporting an organization that grinds the face of the poor. How ironic we read the phrase “philosophies of men, mingled w/ scripture” in the endowment. Who know, maybe that was removed as well w/ the recent changes.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

I’m reading through a section that explains in great detail the narrative of Adam and Eve and the symbolism behind their experience (which is a story of all of us BTW). After building an altar Adam and Eve encountered that old serpent. Teaching and preaching the philosophies of men, mingled with scripture. Those philosophies will always contradict scripture. I think that’s why I’ve taken such a liking to the phrase, “speaking with a forked tongue.”
42) I would exhort you, seek not the approbation nor the affection of men. Yea, seek rather the face of the Peacemaker. For, look you and see the outcome of the teachings of men. They who listened to the wizened one, even he whom Adam called Coral Snake, behold, they did not fare well.
How did the world at large and the general membership of the church fare this past few years? The BoM is so plain, a curse will follow those who trust in the philosophies and teachings of man, unless they receive a witness from Heaven. Better yet, seek to be taught personally by the Savior and have His words verified by the Spirit.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Since the topic of the temple endowment is being discussed at the moment, I thought these words could help us better understand one aspect of the temple and the “why“ or “what” of the work for the dead. Spoiler, it doesn't look much like what is taught today. I feel this record sheds great insight into what the temple experience should be, yet what it has actually become in our day:
34) Come up to the Temple and participate in the ordinances thereof, for and in behalf of your kindred who had no such opportunity. Give no thought to how you might know who they may be, simply act in the spirit of humble sacrifice and allow the effects of the faithful oblation to have effect for them who made it possible for you to come into the world at this time.

35) Or do you suppose that you have been withheld unto this time when the ordinances of the Temple are had among the children of men for no other purpose than to save yourself alone?

36) Nay, I say unto you that you may not be saved in the household of the Peacemaker, in any time that the ordinances of the Temple are had among the children of men, without that you exert yourselves in also providing for them an opportunity to repent of any wickedness in them, and to make sacred covenants that are bound by the sacrifice of the broken heart and contrite spirit that you do freely offer up for them and in their behalf. Verily, this sacrifice shall be sealed unto them by the Holy Spirit of Promise because of your faithful service for them.

37) Is this a hard thing to understand? That you should be allowed to act in the name of another and offer a sacrifice that is justified by the Peacemaker? Is it hard for you to understand that you may become Saviors in Creation? I do not suggest that you may do the thing which the Savior did when He offered up a sacrifice for all. But I do suggest and admonish you that you may yet do like unto Him, for and in behalf of your kindred dead. Do this work in this Holy Place.

38) But, I also admonish you, do not allow this place to become a place of dead worship and sacrifice. If it so be that the more part of your work here is for the dead, then you must begin again in the spirit of true instruction.

39) Do not allow the work for the dead to overshadow the preparation of the living. For, if they who are living fail to seek the face of Christ, preferring to serve wholly for the purpose of saving the dead, then a living spirit of sacrifice is not conveyed in the ordinance.

40) Do not suppose that any of your kindred dead will be interested in such vanity. Nay, the spirit of living sacrifice must be in your heart for it to be conveyed to them who might benefit from it, both living and dead.

41) Ponder these things in your hearts. For, verily I say unto you, the day shall come when your descendants shall go up to their temples and offer up oblation unto their god for and in behalf of the dead, just as I hope you shall do hereafter, but they shall stay not upon the words of peace.

42) Nay, they shall take no time at all in instruction and in pondering. Behold, they shall be like cattle in the stall, performing only that which is necessary and in the shortest time. Behold, they might just as well have stayed at home in their beds, for their kindred dead shall take no interest in such self-service.

43) Yea, I say they shall serve themselves and take pride in their service. They shall stand up and praise themselves for the great and glorious work they are doing in the name of their god.

44) Behold, in those days, a great curse shall be upon the people. Yea, they shall think themselves blessed above all the people of the earth. They shall advertise their worthiness to each other in words and in tokens, and they shall broadcast their righteousness to all the world and stand them up a light on a hill for all to look upon.

45) Yet, I say unto you, and I would that you should remember my words for they shall all come to pass, that they shall be cursed above all people. For, where they could have enjoyed the instruction of Angels, and even the very presence of the Peacemaker, in the day that they take pride in their service, their oblations shall become empty, and their ordinances shall become vanity. They shall shun the instruction of Angels and they shall persecute those few who have such visitations.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

$15 for the ebook? 😳

Is there a free version?

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

marc wrote: February 9th, 2023, 8:39 am $15 for the ebook? 😳

Is there a free version?
I'll send you a PM.

FYI, I just went through the order process and the eBook was $5.30.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 27th, 2023, 7:39 am Around 732 AD, a young man took over the records of his family. As he begins his writings he recounts his lineage back to Adam and Eve. One of the reasons this is important is because we see who one branch of the House of Israel is (Lehi’s descendants), and that it was also not just one branch of Lehi’s seed, (Lamanites vs Nephites) but both were blended through dozens of generations. The Ammonites and Nephites considered themselves Nemenhah, and other cultures also joined with them. People from all over the world travelled to the city of Mentinah to learn of their teachings and customs.

FYI, I’m not going to update all of the names to standard canon names (KJV/BoM). These names are more true to their writing style an phonetics.
1) In the seventh generation from Mohrhohnahyah, even seven hundred and thirty-two years from the blessed time when the Peacemaker walked among our people, the Council of Mayntinah called upon me to take up the seat of Tiwehkthihmpt of the city.

2) Behold, I am Maymihts Ahkehkt, even the husband of Ayspohwyays Maynay Ahkehkt, and I begin the record of my stewardship. And my father was Waylhimnohtkits and my mother was Pahnah Tahnihts, the daughter of Tsitstaynah and Pohneht Ahkehkt.

3) And Pohneht Ahkehkt was the son of Ichi-nuicl, of the people who came up from the Waynahstitspah with Night Voice Woman, and Paynayihm Ahkehkt who was the son of Wiiskiht of the Peacemaker, the son of Piahohmeht Ahkehkt. And Piahohmeht Ahkehkt was the son of Pahnieht Ahkehkt and Tsihohnayah.

4) And Tsihohnayah was the son of that Mohrhohnahyah who was the last Prophet and captain of the armies of the Nayfihah, who are no more. And his father was Mohrmohnayah, the son of Mohrmohnayah, and behold, they were of the Nemenhah of Ohuhitsihthihm. And Mohrhohnahyah was the husband of Pahhihnehnt who was the daughter of Pah Nahtahn, who descended from Tsihmlayi.

5) And Pah Nahtahn was also a descendent of Mohrmohnayah of Ohuhitsihthihm, for her father was Mohrihnhah, whose father was also that same Mohrmohnayah. And her son was Hayihnmeht, and Mohrhohnahyah took up the record after that Hayihnmeht departed out of the land. And behold, she did also have claim upon Tsihmlayi and his generations because of the adoption that Tsihmlayi made in the days of his ministry.

6) And Tsihmlayi was the son of Mahnti who was the son of Ohuhgohuh who was the son of Sahnhehmpeht who was the son of Hahgmehni who was the son of Hahgohtl.

7) And Hahgohtl descended from Father Layi, whom the Peacemaker commanded to take his journey out of the Land of Ayahtsahlehm, even the City of Ayahtsahlehm with all his family. And this same Layi was a descendent of Mahnahsehts, the son of Ayohtsahts who was the son of Ayahkohb, even Itsrahhayl. And Itsrahhayl was the son of Itsahk who was the son of Ahbrahm, the son of Tehrah.

8) And Tehrah worshipped heathen gods and he was the son of Nahohr. And Nahohr was the son of Tsayruhg. And Tsayruhg was the son of Rayuh. And Rayuh was the son of Paylaykt, in whose time many changes were wrought upon the face of the earth. And Paylaykt was the son of Aybehr. And Aybehr was the son of Tsahlah. And Tsahlah was the son of Ahuhfahktshaht. And Ahuhfahktshaht was the son of Tsehm, the son of Nohuhway, in whose days the Peacemaker caused the great flood.

9) And Nohuhway was the son of Lahmehkts. And Lahmehkts was the son of Mehtsuhtsuhlah. And Mehtsuhtsuhlah was the son of Aynohkts, who walked and talked with the Peacemaker. And this same Aynohkts knew the Ancient of Days when he was just a lad.

10) And Aynohkts was the son of Tsahrehts. And Tsahrehts was the son of Mahahlahlihayl. And Mahahlahlihayl was the son of Caynahn. And Caynahn was the son of Inohts. And Inohts was the son of Tsehts. And Tsehts was the son of Ahthahn, even the Ancient of Days, First Man, and Ayayfah, the Mother of All Living.
People have enough trouble pronouncing names from the Bible and Book of Mormon, they're going to be toiling with some of this!!!

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Niemand wrote: February 12th, 2023, 3:32 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 27th, 2023, 7:39 am Around 732 AD, a young man took over the records of his family. As he begins his writings he recounts his lineage back to Adam and Eve. One of the reasons this is important is because we see who one branch of the House of Israel is (Lehi’s descendants), and that it was also not just one branch of Lehi’s seed, (Lamanites vs Nephites) but both were blended through dozens of generations. The Ammonites and Nephites considered themselves Nemenhah, and other cultures also joined with them. People from all over the world travelled to the city of Mentinah to learn of their teachings and customs.

FYI, I’m not going to update all of the names to standard canon names (KJV/BoM). These names are more true to their writing style an phonetics.
1) In the seventh generation from Mohrhohnahyah, even seven hundred and thirty-two years from the blessed time when the Peacemaker walked among our people, the Council of Mayntinah called upon me to take up the seat of Tiwehkthihmpt of the city.

2) Behold, I am Maymihts Ahkehkt, even the husband of Ayspohwyays Maynay Ahkehkt, and I begin the record of my stewardship. And my father was Waylhimnohtkits and my mother was Pahnah Tahnihts, the daughter of Tsitstaynah and Pohneht Ahkehkt.

3) And Pohneht Ahkehkt was the son of Ichi-nuicl, of the people who came up from the Waynahstitspah with Night Voice Woman, and Paynayihm Ahkehkt who was the son of Wiiskiht of the Peacemaker, the son of Piahohmeht Ahkehkt. And Piahohmeht Ahkehkt was the son of Pahnieht Ahkehkt and Tsihohnayah.

4) And Tsihohnayah was the son of that Mohrhohnahyah who was the last Prophet and captain of the armies of the Nayfihah, who are no more. And his father was Mohrmohnayah, the son of Mohrmohnayah, and behold, they were of the Nemenhah of Ohuhitsihthihm. And Mohrhohnahyah was the husband of Pahhihnehnt who was the daughter of Pah Nahtahn, who descended from Tsihmlayi.

5) And Pah Nahtahn was also a descendent of Mohrmohnayah of Ohuhitsihthihm, for her father was Mohrihnhah, whose father was also that same Mohrmohnayah. And her son was Hayihnmeht, and Mohrhohnahyah took up the record after that Hayihnmeht departed out of the land. And behold, she did also have claim upon Tsihmlayi and his generations because of the adoption that Tsihmlayi made in the days of his ministry.

6) And Tsihmlayi was the son of Mahnti who was the son of Ohuhgohuh who was the son of Sahnhehmpeht who was the son of Hahgmehni who was the son of Hahgohtl.

7) And Hahgohtl descended from Father Layi, whom the Peacemaker commanded to take his journey out of the Land of Ayahtsahlehm, even the City of Ayahtsahlehm with all his family. And this same Layi was a descendent of Mahnahsehts, the son of Ayohtsahts who was the son of Ayahkohb, even Itsrahhayl. And Itsrahhayl was the son of Itsahk who was the son of Ahbrahm, the son of Tehrah.

8) And Tehrah worshipped heathen gods and he was the son of Nahohr. And Nahohr was the son of Tsayruhg. And Tsayruhg was the son of Rayuh. And Rayuh was the son of Paylaykt, in whose time many changes were wrought upon the face of the earth. And Paylaykt was the son of Aybehr. And Aybehr was the son of Tsahlah. And Tsahlah was the son of Ahuhfahktshaht. And Ahuhfahktshaht was the son of Tsehm, the son of Nohuhway, in whose days the Peacemaker caused the great flood.

9) And Nohuhway was the son of Lahmehkts. And Lahmehkts was the son of Mehtsuhtsuhlah. And Mehtsuhtsuhlah was the son of Aynohkts, who walked and talked with the Peacemaker. And this same Aynohkts knew the Ancient of Days when he was just a lad.

10) And Aynohkts was the son of Tsahrehts. And Tsahrehts was the son of Mahahlahlihayl. And Mahahlahlihayl was the son of Caynahn. And Caynahn was the son of Inohts. And Inohts was the son of Tsehts. And Tsehts was the son of Ahthahn, even the Ancient of Days, First Man, and Ayayfah, the Mother of All Living.
People have enough trouble pronouncing names from the Bible and Book of Mormon, they're going to be toiling with some of this!!!
The Lord didn’t intend for us to be uneducated. Just look at our own Restoration. We went from Joseph’s desire to learn multiple languages to the what… the average member not even being able to interpret the doctrine of their very own canon of scripture in their own language. I actually think it’s a good thing. The names tend to have far greater connection to their ancient roots than they would if we modernized them. If the average American took the time to study the root words of many of the mountains, lakes, and rivers, they’d find that the majority of them were originally named by Native Americans.
During his prophetic career, Joseph Smith spent considerable time and effort towards the study of both modern and ancient languages. Historical evidence indicates that Joseph studied, or at least expressed interest in studying, Hebrew, Greek, Egyptian, Latin, and German. Although his study of these languages was evidently limited, and although he never became proficient in these languages, Joseph Smith nevertheless employed his understanding of these languages in his doctrinal discourses that in many instances led him to formulate creative theological innovations. Although he wasn’t a skilled linguist, and his understanding of some of these languages (particularly Hebrew and Egyptian) was highly idiosyncratic, the true value in Joseph’s study of languages was that it catalyzed inspiration that led him to elucidate prophetic insight.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Is there a free version?
Priestcraft

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 12th, 2023, 6:01 am
Niemand wrote: February 12th, 2023, 3:32 am People have enough trouble pronouncing names from the Bible and Book of Mormon, they're going to be toiling with some of this!!!
The Lord didn’t intend for us to be uneducated. Just look at our own Restoration. We went from Joseph’s desire to learn multiple languages to the what… the average member not even being able to interpret the doctrine of their very own canon of scripture in their own language. I actually think it’s a good thing. The names tend to have far greater connection to their ancient roots than they would if we modernized them. If the average American took the time to study the root words of many of the mountains, lakes, and rivers, they’d find that the majority of them were originally named by Native Americans.
During his prophetic career, Joseph Smith spent considerable time and effort towards the study of both modern and ancient languages. Historical evidence indicates that Joseph studied, or at least expressed interest in studying, Hebrew, Greek, Egyptian, Latin, and German. Although his study of these languages was evidently limited, and although he never became proficient in these languages, Joseph Smith nevertheless employed his understanding of these languages in his doctrinal discourses that in many instances led him to formulate creative theological innovations. Although he wasn’t a skilled linguist, and his understanding of some of these languages (particularly Hebrew and Egyptian) was highly idiosyncratic, the true value in Joseph’s study of languages was that it catalyzed inspiration that led him to elucidate prophetic insight.
I agree with you we shouldn't be uneducated... or at least we should be educated properly (unlike the junk spewn forth from the many critical-theory ridden universities)... but there is still the matter of practicality. If I gave you some Gaelic names in the original spelling they'd be hard for many people to pronounce without a guide e.g. "Leodhas", "camhan", "Solamh" (which would be something like Leo-wus, cavan/cawan, Soluv)...

I would encourage people on here to try and pick up a bit of ancient Greek and Hebrew. You can pick up a bit of the Biblical language by using the modern versions of these languages but modern Greek is very different from the older varieties.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Luke wrote: February 12th, 2023, 6:40 am

Is there a free version?
Priestcraft
I’d suggest studying the meaning of that word a little more:

“ 29 He commandeth that there shall be no priestcrafts; for, behold, priestcrafts are that men preach and set themselves up for a light unto the world, that they may get gain and praise of the world; but they seek not the welfare of Zion.”

It wasn’t the acquisition of money, but the money along with the praise of the world, setting themselves up as a light. The meaning of words is important and not to be thrown about Willy nilly. To my knowledge, none of what was listed in that verse has been done with this record. You’d condemn all such records and scripture using your logic.
Last edited by Reluctant Watchman on February 17th, 2023, 6:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Niemand wrote: February 12th, 2023, 6:44 am
Niemand wrote: February 12th, 2023, 3:32 am People have enough trouble pronouncing names from the Bible and Book of Mormon, they're going to be toiling with some of this!!!
I agree with you we shouldn't be uneducated... or at least we should be educated properly (unlike the junk spewn forth from the many critical-theory ridden universities)... but there is still the matter of practicality. If I gave you some Gaelic names in the original spelling they'd be hard for many people to pronounce without a guide e.g. "Leodhas", "camhan", "Solamh" (which would be something like Leo-wus, cavan/cawan, Soluv)...

I would encourage people on here to try and pick up a bit of ancient Greek and Hebrew. You can pick up a bit of the Biblical language by using the modern versions of these languages but modern Greek is very different from the older varieties.
There’s a pronunciation guide in the beginning. The phonetics are Latin/Spanish in origin. Maybe I take to it easier because I speak Spanish as a second language. I honestly think that changing the names for practicality purposes would be a disservice to the record. The Hebraic connections are far more important to keep rather than dumb it down for the sake of practicality.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 12th, 2023, 6:51 am

There’s a pronunciation guide in the beginning. The phonetics are Latin/Spanish in origin. Maybe I take to it easier because I speak Spanish as a second language. I honestly think that changing the names for practicality purposes would be a disservice to the record. The Hebraic connections are far more important to keep rather than dumb it down for the sake of practicality.
The names in the Bible and the Book of Mormon are heavily altered for English speakers etc. "Lehi" for example probably shouldn't be "lee-high", it should probably be something more like "leh-khi" with the "kh" being a guttural sound (the velar fricative for any linguistics nerds reading), like the "j" in Spanish, "x" in Russian or "ch" in German. The name seems to mean "jawbone" in Hebrew.

"Moses", "Jesus", "Solomon", "David" (when pronounced "day-vid") etc are all heavily altered from the original.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Niemand wrote: February 12th, 2023, 6:56 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 12th, 2023, 6:51 am

The names in the Bible and the Book of Mormon are heavily altered for English speakers etc. "Lehi" for example probably shouldn't be "lee-high", it should probably be something more like "leh-khi" with the "kh" being a guttural sound (the velar fricative for any linguistics nerds reading), like the "j" in Spanish, "x" in Russian or "ch" in German. The name seems to mean "jawbone" in Hebrew.

"Moses", "Jesus", "Solomon", "David" (when pronounced "day-vid") etc are all heavily altered from the original.
That’s exactly why I think keeping the names in the original translation is important.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Luke, I’ll buy you a copy if you want to read it. :)
Then the sin of priestcraft will be upon my head.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 12th, 2023, 9:46 am Luke, I’ll buy you a copy if you want to read it. :)
Can he sent it over my way after he's finished with it? We're all skint here since Liz Truss crashed the pound.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Niemand wrote: February 12th, 2023, 9:54 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 12th, 2023, 9:46 am Luke, I’ll buy you a copy if you want to read it. :)
Can he sent it over my way after he's finished with it? We're all skint here since Liz Truss crashed the pound.
I’ll get you a copy. Look for a PM later today.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 12th, 2023, 9:57 am
Niemand wrote: February 12th, 2023, 9:54 am
I’ll get you a copy. Look for a PM later today.
Thank you!

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

I’ve continued through a discourse about Adam and Eve. Various groups formed in the world, several relying upon their own strength and passing along false traditions. The outcome was disastrous and lead to their enslavement, this is referred to in verse 69. Adam and Eve sought for wisdom from heaven. I’ll interject a few notes down in the quote:
69) And this is because that the people had taken up the wisdom and the teachings and the doctrines of men and had not sought the face of their Creator for such things. (What have we learned through the pandemic in trusting the doctrines of men? What about in all the religions of the world? Many men say they have a whole slew of doctrines, but they are not always sanctioned by the Lord.)

70) This is the beginning of wisdom. You have questions? Then rely upon He who has answers to those questions. Raise not up bodies of doctrine to justify yourselves in your beliefs, but rather, resort even unto the Creator to learn of His doctrine and uphold all that He shall teach you. (Instead of looking to a church leader for answers, why don’t we petition Heaven and ask the Lord ourselves to be taught? And that’s not to say we can’t learn from inspired men and women, but how often do we first turn to the arm of flesh?)

71) For behold, the Peacemaker is great and He is mighty to save. He shall surely teach you all things and the Holy Ghost shall write His doctrine upon your souls. And does this require justification from any man? Can this be learned at the feet of any man? I say unto you, Nay. (One of the great gifts of the HG is to write truth upon our soles, to bind truth in such a way that it will remain with us, that it becomes part of who we are.)

72) Of a surety, we may hear the words of great men and great women, but how shall their words profit us if the Holy Spirit of Promise brings not a confirmation of them? I say unto you, such wisdom is as sounding brass. (One of the overarching themes of this record, and one of the least taught doctrines in the LDS church.)

73) For this cause did Heavenly Beings come even unto the man and the woman and teach them of the Thanksgiving Way. And they did subject all things to the confirmation of the Holy Ghost.

74) And when they had received the confirmation of the things the Angels taught them, behold, they did proceed to act in obedience to the teaching. Yea, and they did make a covenant to live the Gospel as they had been taught it and they did seal the covenant with the works for their own hands as token of it. (This part is quite interesting and gives new meaning to the word “token.” A token is merely a expression of your faith come about through works.)

75) And Adam and Eve did build a Tsipi (lodge/temple) wherein the things that they had been taught might be taught unto others, that they, too, might be prompted to take all their inquiry even unto that the Peacemaker who is mighty to save. Yea, and all they who followed them in this thing did receive of the Holy Ghost a confirmation of the truth of the things they were taught, even so much that the teachings became part of their beings, for they became written even upon the songs of their hearts.(This is a beautiful example of what a true prophet or enlightened person would do, they feel prompted to teach wisdom, and as part of that teaching, invite others to confirm all “inquiries” unto the Savior and petition a witness of the HG. They would never tell you that they can never lead you astray, or to “trust them completely.”)

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Additional sights into the importance how, and in what order, the ordinances in the temple are taught.

The Law of the Gospel is taught first, so that we might come to understand who Christ is and what He taught. We cannot or will not follow additional ordinances if we don’t have a base understanding of His gospel.

Then, when we have learned of His gospel, we are taught the Law of Sacrifice. To prioritize those things of a spiritual nature over those of the natural man. We cannot live the next two laws if we are unwilling to abide by the former. We won’t be monogamous or keep the law of virtue if we haven’t learned the law of sacrifice. The same applies to the law of consecration.
21) For, behold even the Savior teaches unto all of obedience by demonstration of His obedience to the Father. And how does He teach of sacrifice if not by and through His own? This is the reason that we do diligently teach our children to seek Him and follow His ways.

22) Behold, without the attaining of these two Laws and the covenant that we make to abide by them all the days of our lives, there is nothing else that we might learn by observance of the ordinances of the Temple.

23) Without knowledge of the Peacemaker (law of the gospel) and without the setting aside of our own needs and desires (law of sacrifice), there is no understanding of fidelity (virtue/chastity) nor of community (consecration). Wherefore, it is good that the Peacemaker did teach our first parents these things first of all.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

I’ve noted before that there are a handful of footnotes in this record the simply baffle the mind. Here is one such example. The author is writing about the law of virtue (chastity) and how this interplay works between husband and wife. A covenant of fidelity was entered into. Neither one ruled over the other btw, like a few people here on the forum think.

But… this is where things get weird. Phillip Cloudpiler has a son who is gay. When I read the following from the record it is talking about open sexual relationships as well as gay and homosexual relationships,. The words “iniquity”, “unnatural lusts”, “abomination”, “ugly relation”, are used to describe what is occurring. Here’s the quote:
7) Behold, the great men wickedly took unto themselves many women to satisfy their lust. They made no covenant of fidelity with them but used them as they saw fit. Yea, they were not married nor given in marriage, but the men did act upon the woman as the stag upon the doe, and the bull upon the cow. And even they did ridicule the Thanksgiving Lodge (the lodge of Adam/Eve) because they stood aloof from such teachings.

8) And the young men did take all that their fathers had taught them, yea, even all their iniquity, and they did multiply their abomination. Yea, they did apply the teaching of their fathers unto themselves and they did act in their lust upon the weaker of their fellows. Men did act in unnatural lust upon the bodies of they over whom they ruled, and this because of the wisdom of men.

9) Do you not think this an ugly relation to be found among the teachings of the Temple? Is it not unseemly to go up to the House of the Peacemaker and listen to such a history? Would such things be better left unsaid? One might think so certainly. But I would say unto you, be not so hasty, for there is good instruction in it.

10) For, are we not created in a certain way? Do we not feel great desire to procreate and can we call this desire sin? Behold, that which our Creator put in us in order that we might desire to procreate is not the sin, but rather, it is that which the great men did to corrupt the creation. Do not call the gifts that the Creator has given us sin. Yea, do not call good evil and evil good.963
See that footnote 963? This is what it says:
963 The drive to procreate is not sin, no matter the orientation of it. It is what people do to corrupt it that makes this sacred attribute into something unseemly.
WTH? “…no matter the orientation of it.”??? He is literally saying that sexual orientation doesn’t matter, only that the power of sexual urges aren’t done lustfully. There are many other places in this record where it is extremely clear that homosexual relationships are not of God, yet they continue to interject these footnotes trying to explain them away. It just goes to show that any man can be led astray by the philosophies of this world. They may claim heavenly and divine intervention, but it is up to each of us to decide. And if they get their undies in a bunch when we disagree, so be it.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

There’s a section of the record where two brothers and a sister are sent to preach repentance to the Nephite lands to warn them of the imminent destruction that will come due to their wickedness. One such city was the heart of the Gadiantons. These people were experts in the art of deception, but, ironically, they actually took care of the poor better than the wicked Nephites. One of the brothers suggests they try to use strategy, first pointing out the flaws or wickedness of the Nephites, then appealing to the better nature of these wicked people.

The sister makes an excellent point in that no righteous end is ever brought about through evil means.
110) Brother, I say unto you, This is not the way. For, no good end is justified by evil means.
Mixed within this narrative there are two verses that are important for our day, for they prophesied specifically about the church in our day:
101) We are no deceivers. Let us not teach the word of the Peacemaker through any kind of deception. We ought not think that we may teach true principles by weaving them in with false. This is a thing our Prophets have warned us will be the absolute destruction of the Nephites, and even the ruin in the latter days of they whom the Peacemaker will use to spread His gospel among all nations. Let us not take up this device before this people.
111) Behold, there will be many in this land at this time who will claim that the desired end does justify devious means, but it will never be so for all of their claiming. And there will come a day when even the elect of Peacemaker will contrive devious means in order that they might bring cause into the hearts of their adherents (members) that they might do the things that their rulers think is expedient for them. And this will seem good to all for a time, but it will bring about the break-up of the church in the last days.
What “devious means” is the church doing in our day to appease our “rulers”? Just look at how we’ve abused the articles of faith and capitulated to government demands. The whole covid scam, and now the support of government bills just to protect the tax-exempt status of the church.

I know several people who’ve suggested that we had to have missionaries get the jab so that the gospel can roll forward. What a false set of lies.

In fact, we can take this idea of no good end is justified through evil means in the way the church portrays Joseph and polygamy. “Lying for the Lord” is NEVER the Lord’s way. Evil means w/ and evil end.

In the end, I believe this will lead to the break up of the church as is prophesied in verse 111. It did in Joseph’s day, and the lies and evil acts of the church in our day have brought about a resurgence of doubt in men, which is good if we believe the Lord is preparing the hearts of the righteous who are willing to follow Him.