Medicinal herbs/plants

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
mtmom
captain of 100

Re: Medicinal herbs/plants

Post by mtmom »

I am not a doctor or giving medical advice but from my "Mom" experience......
Most of these suggestions are great. Yet the problem remains, how do you get that down a sick miserable 5 year old?

I cannot take raw garlic because of an intolerance, whether mixed with honey or slipped into a meal....I throw it up. If a 5 year old throws up your garlic and honey concoction, you will never get her/him to take it again. Ever. Be Careful.

We gave our kids delicious high quality chewable vitamin C (from the health food store) when they were sick....as much as they wanted to eat. Children's chewable vitamins with zinc is good, but they need to be high quality. Mild herbal drinks sweetened with honey (such as raspberry leaves with some mullein thrown in) are good for kids. You can keep them in the fridge. My daughter-in-law puts flavored electrolytes in her kids bottles of drinking water when they are sick.

We keep ultrasonic humidifiers going in the house and especially in their bedrooms. We put a "glug" of hydrogen peroxide in water in the humidifier daily to keep the water sanitized and prevent mold from growing in it. I also rub "thieves" or a citrus essential oil combinations on their chest (front and back) and bottom of their feet. (ALWAYS add a few drops to some cold-pressed cooking or massage oil and then apply so you do not "burn" their tender skin.) Try to replace your family's sweets with fresh blueberries and grapes, sliced oranges or other yummy food the family will eat. Usually if you get Dad to eat it, the kids will eat it too. πŸ’—πŸ’—

mtpop
captain of 10

Post by mtpop »

Not that I'm giving medical advice but after saying that, I find a over the counter unit very helpful. https://infinitysaltair.com pricey but effective.

Down_the_rabbithole
captain of 100

Post by Down_the_rabbithole »

You can make or buy colloidal silver which can do wonders including fighting bacterial infections. I only drink it when I'm sick. If you drink it too often in large does it can cause issues.

I also swear by drinking 2 tbs of "vinegar with the mother" mixed in 2 cups of warm water. The vinegar has to be the kind that says "with the mother". You can also add some lemon juice and honey. The water is to dilute the vinegar as it can destroy your teeth and cause stomach issues if not diluted. It's safe when diluted. Whenever I drink this every morning I NEVER get sick. Even if I haven't kept the daily regiment and get sick, as soon as I start drinking the vinegar mixture it shortens the sickness by many days. It also has many other benefits to. If you take medications make sure vinegar doesn't interfere with them (as it can).

Ado
captain of 100

Post by Ado »

zionbuilder wrote: ↑December 30th, 2022, 12:40 am Olive Leaf Extract by Thorne....the brand matters, I just buy from their website. Two a day if sick, one a day for maintenance. The flu and COVID went through our town but my kids didn't get sick....or the stomach bug that came too. I was going to have a fourth sinus surgery and this stuff saved my life, it was a hail Mary from a comment I read on a holistic site.

Also if you take the oil of oregano in water, it typically sits on the top and can really burn your lips and mouth. A bite of coconut oil from the fridge takes the sting away... And rub a bit on the lips.

Saline rinses are something my 80 plus year old neighbor swore by... He said he'd do it morning and night and hasn't been sick in 30 years. Quite impressive, I can do for a while, but then lose my streak and forget about it.
Thank you I'm going to order that. I get terrible sinus issues and my husband gets what I belief are sinus related migraines. (Which is why he drinks so much coke.) Wonder if that would help us.

zionbuilder
captain of 100

Post by zionbuilder »

Please follow up and let me know if it works, In the meantime, I pray it will be a solution for you both

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Down_the_rabbithole wrote: ↑December 30th, 2022, 10:46 am You can make or buy colloidal silver which can do wonders including fighting bacterial infections. I only drink it when I'm sick. If you drink it too often in large does it can cause issues.
Yes, like turning your face blue-grey so you look like a Smurf.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Niemand wrote: ↑January 1st, 2023, 4:17 pm
Down_the_rabbithole wrote: ↑December 30th, 2022, 10:46 am You can make or buy colloidal silver which can do wonders including fighting bacterial infections. I only drink it when I'm sick. If you drink it too often in large does it can cause issues.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Rosemary Jacobs, 71, has lived with the irreversible skin condition argyria for 60 years and it has blighted her life.

The retired primary school teacher's skin started to turn silver when she began using nasal drops containing colloidal silver (CS) at the age of 11.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/arti ... -body.html
I expect most of us would never take enough silver to turn us blue, though. It has to be an incredibly high amount.

I did see someone at the store some months ago who had the blue skin, but not as bad as this woman or the man in the post above.

M249Gunner
captain of 100

Post by M249Gunner »

Ado wrote: ↑December 29th, 2022, 12:05 am This is kind of a rant, but bear with me please:
This has been a nightmare of a cold and flu season for everyone. My sister in law and her kids are visiting and have had sinus infections and ear infections for the entire month they have been here. They are on their second round of antibiotics within just this month.
I'm a little more distrustful of doctors these days, and my kids are not up to date on their vaccines.
My 5 year old daughter seemed to catch what the family had and was miserable with a head cold two weeks ago. But we fought it with humidifier, sinus rinse and lots of hydration. Just as soon as she was feeling better, we went to the inlaws for christmas not knowing they were sicker than dogs, and now my daughter is sick again, even worse than a few weeks ago. Major sinus pressure, watery eyes, no appetite and a silver dollar sized rash on her back. I'm again trying to fight it with lots of rest, water, elderberry, garlic ear drops, sinus rinse, eye drops and a decongestant at bedtime.
My inlaws keep suggesting I take her to the doctor to get an antibiotic. But she hasn't had a fever, and I feel like antibiotics should be avoided as much as possible. She had to take amoxycillin for an ear infection a few months ago, and I feel like that's why her immune system sucks so much right now.
I went to the store to pick up more children mucinex this evening and the shelf was cleaned out. An older gentlman was standing there lamenting and said "let this be a warning for us all" before he walked away. I couldn't agree more.
Anyways, all of this to say that I feel the need to look into more natural remedies. Things like herbs and essential oils that can fight viruses and infections. The Book of Mormon says that the Nephites knew about plants that helped them during their illnesses. I wonder what those were.
I also feel the need to crack down on what we are eating, cutting back on all the sugar which I'm sure would greatly improve our ability to fight illnesses. That seems a bit daunting to do with young kids who I haven't been good at pushing nutritional food on, and a husband who drinks coke like water. My 7 year old son would rather go hungry than eat anything other than Mac and cheese, cheese pizza, cereal and McDonalds nuggets. Any advice on that?
Any advice on healing/medicinal plants I should look into would also be very helpful. Thank you so much.
Your diet and husbands soda addiction explains a lot. Let food be your medicine, like the ancient philosopher said. Eating a poor diet of processed foods guarantees poor health.

mtmom
captain of 100

Post by mtmom »

Silver Pie wrote: ↑January 1st, 2023, 6:37 pm
Niemand wrote: ↑January 1st, 2023, 4:17 pm
Papa Smurf 😘

Ado
captain of 100

Post by Ado »

zionbuilder wrote: ↑December 30th, 2022, 7:28 pm Please follow up and let me know if it works, In the meantime, I pray it will be a solution for you both
I've been taking the olive leaf extract for a few weeks now, as well as lobelia in my drink a few times a day. My husband caught what our kids had and it has plagued him for two weeks now. Meanwhile, I have managed to stay well the entire time.
Not sure if it's the olive leaf extract or the lobelia or both, but one thing that has happened since taking both supplements that I didn't expect to happen was that a strange itch in my feet every night has gone away. For the last year, I have woken up every single night to the most annoying itch in my feet/toes. It's under the skin. There is no rash or sign of anything, just a terrible itch that scratching would not get rid of, and it woke me up every single night. I assumed it was a circulation thing because once I got up and walked around and got back in bed, it would stop. Anyways, for the last week, that nightly itch has not woken me up even once. It's a miracle. The two supplements are the only thing I've changed, so I credit one/both of those.
Something I notice when I take the lobelia is that within a few minutes, I am sneezing and blowing clear mucus out of my nose several times. It's a very good decongestant, and I apparently have a lot of mucus built up.
In addition to the olive leaf extract and the lobelia, I continue to rinse my nose out a few times a week with a saline solution. I mix a few drops of povodone iodine into that too to kill any germs.

Wish I could get my husband to take these things. He says the lobelia is too gross, says the saline rinse makes him feel worse, and doesn't believe in all my vitamins. And yet I have stayed well, and he hasn't. And I'm the one with autoimmune issues. Go figure. I've managed to get my kids to drink the lobelia. They can't tell it's in their juice. I gave them 10 drops each when their coughs were really bad. I use 20 drops myself.

zionbuilder
captain of 100

Post by zionbuilder »

So good to hear!!! I'm telling you, there has not been one person that has tried the olive leaf extract by Thorne that it hasn't worked for. And with all my friends or family, I tell them if it doesn't work for them I'll buy it from them. There's not been one who hasn't wanted to keep their bottle. The most recent was a friend with a terrible sinus infection, swollen leaking eyes, no airway....she tried everything to clear it naturally, and was going to get on antibiotics, but she was still breastfeeding and so was nervous because it's easy to get thrush and mess with babies and mamas gut health. Cleared it up in a couple days.

Really glad you're feeling better and were willing to try, and hope you're husband is willing to try it soon. My four almost five year old can swallow the olive leaf pills. All my kids have been able to while young, because we just have them practice until they can. It's sometimes easier to have the younger ones swallow with something thicker like a probiotic yogurt drink.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Corona virus such as a cold, flu, or what they call covid 19, are dropped dead by Ivermectin. These things mutate so a vaccine has never worked and never will. Ivermectin works. A year supply is about 3 bucks. It has been certified for human consumption by the FDA for over 40 years. I just buy the horse paste at Tractor Supply or other farm store. Ivermectin is Ivermectin whether they call it horse paste for 3 bucks or human pill for fifty bucks. If it isn't Ivermectin, they call it something else. It works with the immune system that God created. No need to think one is smarter than God and attempt to reprogram God's perfection the way the satanists at big pharma did. Oh and Ivermectin is safe. There has never been a bad side effect.

LostCreekAcres
captain of 100

Post by LostCreekAcres »

Fred wrote: ↑January 17th, 2023, 12:59 am Corona virus such as a cold, flu, or what they call covid 19, are dropped dead by Ivermectin. These things mutate so a vaccine has never worked and never will. Ivermectin works. A year supply is about 3 bucks. It has been certified for human consumption by the FDA for over 40 years. I just buy the horse paste at Tractor Supply or other farm store. Ivermectin is Ivermectin whether they call it horse paste for 3 bucks or human pill for fifty bucks. If it isn't Ivermectin, they call it something else. It works with the immune system that God created. No need to think one is smarter than God and attempt to reprogram God's perfection the way the satanists at big pharma did. Oh and Ivermectin is safe. There has never been a bad side effect.
We agree with ya. Hubs has taken the TS version a couple of times with great, quick, safe and effective results. (I'm not a doc, so at your own discretion:)

Ado
captain of 100

Post by Ado »

Fred wrote: ↑January 17th, 2023, 12:59 am Corona virus such as a cold, flu, or what they call covid 19, are dropped dead by Ivermectin. These things mutate so a vaccine has never worked and never will. Ivermectin works. A year supply is about 3 bucks. It has been certified for human consumption by the FDA for over 40 years. I just buy the horse paste at Tractor Supply or other farm store. Ivermectin is Ivermectin whether they call it horse paste for 3 bucks or human pill for fifty bucks. If it isn't Ivermectin, they call it something else. It works with the immune system that God created. No need to think one is smarter than God and attempt to reprogram God's perfection the way the satanists at big pharma did. Oh and Ivermectin is safe. There has never been a bad side effect.
I've been curious about this because my mother in law was able to order the pill form through an online pharmacist a year ago, and it cost her over a hundred bucks. She was also able to convince her personal doctor to prescribe her hydroxychloriquine (spelling?) But the pharmacy here wouldn't fill it. I watch the Steve Deace show on Glenn Beck's blaze media, and they were talking about a guy who had covid really bad, doctor prescribed ivermectin but the pharmacy refused to fill it. He was on death's door, didn't want to go to the hospital and get put on a breathing/death machine. They had the paste on hand and, being desperate, used it. He recovered quickly and miraculously. At wife's first symptom, she took the paste and was fine as well. It saved their lives.
So I have wondered, how do you safely use it in the paste form for those not wanting to go to the trouble and money of buying the pills?

Edited to add that when she was hit with covid, she took the ivermectin and recovered quickly. Well, except for her taste. Over a year later and she still claims certain things taste bad.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Three bucks for a year's supply? Where do you get it that cheap?

At first, I was able to get one syringe for just under $4 in 2020 (I got more, but that was the cost per syringe), but when word spread, the price tripled, at least (and I got it from Tractor Supply).

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Silver Pie wrote: ↑January 17th, 2023, 6:04 pm
Three bucks for a year's supply? Where do you get it that cheap?

At first, I was able to get one syringe for just under $4 in 2020 (I got more, but that was the cost per syringe), but when word spread, the price tripled, at least (and I got it from Tractor Supply).
Okay, I fudged the number a bit. It was three something at Tractor Supply. The year supply depends on how much you weigh and how often you take it. I don't weigh much and I only took it once a month.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Fred wrote: ↑January 17th, 2023, 6:14 pm Okay, I fudged the number a bit. It was three something at Tractor Supply. The year supply depends on how much you weigh and how often you take it. I don't weigh much and I only took it once a month.
That was the price per syringe when I first got mine. I'd say it was ~2 years ago. I just finished my last bit several days ago. That would have been ~3 or 4 syringes used. I didn't use it every month, though. Only when I felt like I might be getting sick.

I did take NAC powder (looks like sugar) on a fairly regular basis, too. That apparently helps the immune system.

I just looked. The exact same syringe I got for $3.99 is now $9.99. I've seen it for even more.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Silver Pie wrote: ↑January 17th, 2023, 6:27 pm
Fred wrote: ↑January 17th, 2023, 6:14 pm Okay, I fudged the number a bit. It was three something at Tractor Supply. The year supply depends on how much you weigh and how often you take it. I don't weigh much and I only took it once a month.
That was the price per syringe when I first got mine. I'd say it was ~2 years ago. I just finished my last bit several days ago. That would have been ~3 or 4 syringes used. I didn't use it every month, though. Only when I felt like I might be getting sick.

I did take NAC powder (looks like sugar) on a fairly regular basis, too. That apparently helps the immune system.

I just looked. The exact same syringe I got for $3.99 is now $9.99. I've seen it for even more.
Oh yeah. They was getting twice or three times that on eBay for a while. People that bought hundreds of syringes made a killing.

Ado
captain of 100

Post by Ado »

Can I ask how exactly you use the paste?

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

farmerchick wrote: ↑December 29th, 2022, 1:42 am Cut the Cokeholic off and get some herb teas that can be iced as an alternative. Give him a tylenol for the coke headache when he complains and tell him you no longer allow the poison and junk in your house.
WHAT! Never say such rude things as "cut the cokeholic off" If it wasn't for Coke, I would have nothing to live for! Crazy talk. I had a chat with a renowned LDS leader in our area. I asked him strait up if there was Coke in heaven. This is important as LDS has been a Pepsi stock owner for many years. I'm not going there if the answer to my first question to deity is "is Pepsi ok?"

I'm looking for good sources of freeze dried Coke for my food storage. Haven't found any yet. Will keep looking.

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

TheDuke wrote: ↑January 17th, 2023, 9:50 pm
farmerchick wrote: ↑December 29th, 2022, 1:42 am Cut the Cokeholic off and get some herb teas that can be iced as an alternative. Give him a tylenol for the coke headache when he complains and tell him you no longer allow the poison and junk in your house.
WHAT! Never say such rude things as "cut the cokeholic off" If it wasn't for Coke, I would have nothing to live for! Crazy talk. I had a chat with a renowned LDS leader in our area. I asked him strait up if there was Coke in heaven. This is important as LDS has been a Pepsi stock owner for many years. I'm not going there if the answer to my first question to deity is "is Pepsi ok?"

I'm looking for good sources of freeze dried Coke for my food storage. Haven't found any yet. Will keep looking.
Lol.....all things in moderation Mr. Duke....I do love the retro coke bottles and drinking glasses.....lol.....but sorry Pepsi and coke can be poisonous if it's a substitute for drinking water.....which I'm sure you don't do...lol

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Ado wrote: ↑January 17th, 2023, 9:16 pm

My friend put it on a cracker 🀒

I would put it in capsules if I was going to use the paste.

Ado
captain of 100

Post by Ado »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: ↑January 18th, 2023, 1:14 am
Ado wrote: ↑January 17th, 2023, 9:16 pm

My friend put it on a cracker 🀒

I would put it in capsules if I was going to use the paste.
I saw someone on YouTube mix it into yogurt, but admitted it was hard to mix. Capsules is a great idea.

LostCreekAcres
captain of 100

Post by LostCreekAcres »

Haven't done it yet, but hubs did - just straight - uck. If no capsules, maybe I'd spread it on some bread and fold it over, then choke down a bite with a bunch of juice. I keep thinking about how we would try to sneak medicine into our kids when they were small - crush pills and mix with honey, peanut butter or jelly - then the kids wouldn't touch either for years. haha Is there a food you wish you ate less of? Serve with that - haha.