Strong's #369 - (((Non-entities))) in Scripture

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
abijah
pleb in zion

Strong's #369 - (((Non-entities))) in Scripture

Post by abijah »

Along the route my scripture studies have been taking me lately, I feel like I've been brushing up against a certain deep mystery:

Strong's #369 אַ֫יִן, "ayin", often gets translated simply as "not" or "none" in the Bible, usually (in KJV Bibles) in combination with *italicised* words (indicating that the translators needed to use words that weren't actually in the text in order to make the sentence coherent).

I've been wondering about this for a little while now, and because it's still largely a mystery to me I wanted to make a topic about it to collect my thoughts and gather any input, it's often the stepping-stone to a deeper understanding for me.

abijah
pleb in zion

Re: Strong's #369 - (((Non-entities))) in Scripture

Post by abijah »

It's through this term that one can see a curious connection being drawn between the antediluvian Enoch, and the egyptian-ish Joseph.

Genesis 5
And Enoch walked with God: and he was *not*; for God took him.

Genesis 37
28 Then there passed by Midianites merchantmen; and they drew and lifted up Joseph out of the pit, and sold Joseph to the Ishmeelites for twenty pieces of silver: and they brought Joseph into Egypt.
29 And Reuben returned unto the pit; and, behold, Joseph was *not* in the pit; and he rent his clothes.
30 And he returned unto his brethren, and said, The child is *not*; and I, whither shall I go?

🤔

But the connections keep going (b/w Joseph and Enoch..), including weeping, and refusing to be comforted..

Matthew 2
In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not.

Moses 7
And it came to pass that the Lord spake unto Enoch, and told Enoch all the doings of the children of men; wherefore Enoch knew, and looked upon their wickedness, and their misery, and wept and stretched forth his arms, and his heart swelled wide as eternity; and his bowels yearned; and all eternity shook...
And as Enoch saw this, he had bitterness of soul, and wept over his brethren, and said unto the heavens: I will refuse to be comforted...

Genesis 37
And Reuben returned unto the pit; and, behold, Joseph was not in the pit; and he rent his clothes.
And he returned unto his brethren, and said, The child is not; and I, whither shall I go?
...And Jacob rent his clothes, and put sackcloth upon his loins, and mourned for his son many days.
And all his sons and all his daughters rose up to comfort him; but he refused to be comforted; and he said, For I will go down into the grave unto my son mourning. Thus his father wept for him.

abijah
pleb in zion

Re: Strong's #369 - (((Non-entities))) in Scripture

Post by abijah »

Who were the ((two witnesses)) to Moses's 'murder'?? 🤔 😏 🤔

Exodus 2
11 And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out unto his brethren, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brethren.
12 And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was *no man*, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand.
13 And when he went out the second day, behold, two men of the Hebrews strove together: and he said to him that did the wrong, Wherefore smitest thou thy fellow?
14 And he said, Who made thee a prince and a judge over us? intendest thou to kill me, as thou killedst the Egyptian? And Moses feared, and said, Surely this thing is known.
Spoiler
Jude 1
9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.