Church purchases 823,000-square-foot Pacific Gateway Industrial development for $260 million

Discuss political news items / current events.
Alexander
the Great
Location: amongst the brotherhood of the Black Robed Regiment; cocked hat and cocked rifle

Church purchases 823,000-square-foot Pacific Gateway Industrial development for $260 million

Post by Alexander »

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has purchased the 823,000-square-foot Pacific Gateway Industrial development in Kent, WA for $260 million. According to the developer and seller, Panattoni Development Company, the price tag represents the biggest single-asset deal on the West Coast this year.

https://www.connectcre.com/stories/kent ... cord-260m/

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Re: Church purchases 823,000-square-foot Pacific Gateway Industrial development for $260 million

Post by Christianlee »

Any idea why they would pay so much for that property?

mtmom
captain of 100

Re: Church purchases 823,000-square-foot Pacific Gateway Industrial development for $260 million

Post by mtmom »

That is a huge building they bought! What will they use that for? It looks like Boeing bought the last building in that complex for a whole lot less. Curious. πŸ€”

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Panattoni and Link Logistics purchased the 42-acre site from The Boeing Co. for $60 million in early 2020.

$200million increase in price in 2 years?! Is there a Fort Knox Annex on the property or something?

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

Christianlee wrote: ↑December 21st, 2022, 1:49 am Any idea why they would pay so much for that property?
Good question. Works out to purchase price of $315/sqft.

Costs to build a standard 500,000 sqft tilt warehouse/distribution center today would cost about $110/sqft. Then you’d have to add the warehouse racking and inventory system, forklifts etc, often all this is paid for by the occupant/leasee.

So the land costs must make up the difference.

When you figure that money could have built ten temples at $25 million a pop… one wonders are we a church, or a business corporation..??

And Jesus told the rich man… go sell everything you have, give it to the poor, and come follow me…

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

JK4Woods wrote: ↑December 21st, 2022, 8:03 am
Christianlee wrote: ↑December 21st, 2022, 1:49 am Any idea why they would pay so much for that property?
Good question. Works out to purchase price of $315/sqft.

Costs to build a standard 500,000 sqft tilt warehouse/distribution center today would cost about $110/sqft. Then you’d have to add the warehouse racking and inventory system, forklifts etc, often all this is paid for by the occupant/leasee.

So the land costs must make up the difference.

When you figure that money could have built ten temples at $25 million a pop… one wonders are we a church, or a business corporation..??

And Jesus told the rich man… go sell everything you have, give it to the poor, and come follow me…
The answer to that question is self-evident. It is a corporation with a church attached on the side.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

This is to further "the work".
dc

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

A NorthWest Coast warehouse? Import/Export? Did they get some huge deal with the ChiComs?

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Sunain wrote: ↑December 21st, 2022, 7:55 am Panattoni and Link Logistics purchased the 42-acre site from The Boeing Co. for $60 million in early 2020.

$200million increase in price in 2 years?! Is there a Fort Knox Annex on the property or something?
Somebody made a KILLING on that deal....

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Cruiser sees.

It's not a question about relative real estate values, it is a question of who got paid.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

So do we think this would be used to house the Lost 10 Tribes, or the City of Enoch?

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Money laundering?

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

tribrac wrote: ↑December 21st, 2022, 9:28 am So do we think this would be used to house the Lost 10 Tribes, or the City of Enoch?
We think this to have been done so to line the pockets of an obviously very special and even more obviously 'righteous' individual.... πŸ˜‰πŸ˜

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

What does the agency brokering the deal get in the commercial real estate world? 1.5%? 3% of purchase price?

silverado
captain of 100

Post by silverado »

tribrac wrote: ↑December 21st, 2022, 9:28 am So do we think this would be used to house the Lost 10 Tribes, or the City of Enoch?
:lol: It is zoned 'manufacturing and industrial park'.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

h_p wrote: ↑December 21st, 2022, 9:55 am Money laundering?
Such a negative phrase, surrounded by stereotypes.

It is much better to say something like

Diversified Asset Distribution.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

How far will you go
Down the road that’s paved with gold
That takes away your soul?

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Cruiserdude wrote: ↑December 21st, 2022, 9:08 am
Sunain wrote: ↑December 21st, 2022, 7:55 am Panattoni and Link Logistics purchased the 42-acre site from The Boeing Co. for $60 million in early 2020.

Somebody made a KILLING on that deal....
Follow the money. Who did they buy it from?

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

h_p wrote: ↑December 21st, 2022, 9:55 am Money laundering?
It's always possible. In a city I once lived in they were building a new sports stadium. No one knew the location of the sports stadium but oddly enough a year prior to the announcement all the land around the sports stadium was bought up by an LLC. You couldn't break into the LLC to see who the partners were but oddly enough the name of the LLC were the initials of the top three government officials in the city....

When the announcement was made, the LLC sold all the land and made a killing.

During the pandemic a 70 was employed or was a former Pfizer VP. He pumped the vaccine . . .it wouldn't surprise me if he had some pull into getting the Church to endorse the vaccine.

Is there something dirty going on? Who knows . . .all I know is when large sums of money are involved the propensity for fraud, graft, laundering increases.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Someone should look in the basement. Or lower. Underground. πŸ€”

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Sarcasm...

I'm pretty sure those secret oaths and plans the Gadiations had...were LLC Incorporation forms.

Not sarcasm...

From my experience LLCs are best described as tools for sinister men to look justified.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

It is investment property, with new buildings on it that are fully leased for TBD years already. Looks like Blue Origin's rocket building site among others. I worked near there for Boeing for many years. I happens to be on a flood plain for the Green River.

It is just factory buildings in a country that doesn't build much any more outside of China.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

tribrac wrote: ↑December 21st, 2022, 11:00 am From my experience LLCs are best described as tools for sinister men to look justified.
I have one :evil:

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: ↑December 21st, 2022, 11:53 am
tribrac wrote: ↑December 21st, 2022, 11:00 am From my experience LLCs are best described as tools for sinister men to look justified.
Sounds like you are working your way into one of those red cushiony comfy chairs they use for the important people at conference πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ˜

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

Cruiserdude wrote: ↑December 21st, 2022, 12:07 pm
Gadianton Slayer wrote: ↑December 21st, 2022, 11:53 am
Sounds like you are working your way into one of those red cushiony comfy chairs they use for the important people at conference πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ˜
Free travel and an army of obedient salesmen? Don’t mind if I do πŸ˜‡