Tell us about yourself...
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: Just dropped in

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Bronco73idi wrote: December 23rd, 2022, 1:25 pm
RosyPosy wrote: December 23rd, 2022, 11:48 am
BeNotDeceived wrote: December 23rd, 2022, 11:40 am
RosyPosy wrote: December 23rd, 2022, 11:29 am I'm really not worried about the whole get a wife/dating thing anymore, maybe some dates here and there to see what happens, but for the most part I will no longer put any investment in it. I was just cashing in my 2 cents on the subject.

I got out at AD2, aircraft engine mechanic. I only did one deployment to Kuwait doing medical evacuations. Most of time of duty was at NAS north island. I almost went on a ship deployment but mental health issues set in.
Sometimes the NAS has a hole it, despite our best efforts to prevent it. Cool there's so many vets here than can cash in on veterans preference when it comes to working on the NAS. And your training may land you near the Survivor Tree.

Prolly a different NAS than the one you reference. :lol:
NAS north island is in San Diego.
BND knows that, he is talking in a riddle like always. He scored a 99 on the ASVAB. I scored a 97.

Sometimes I figure his riddle out but most the time I don’t.

You still a mechanic? I am a Master at Toyota. Here is my latest build.
Look for a green and yellow logo: viewtopic.php?p=1259500#p1259500

GBNG was one of those weird deals that revealed something unexpected. The best stuff is in sub forum fifty seven.

Now you know the rest of the NAStory. :lol:

RosyPosy
captain of 100

Post by RosyPosy »

BeNotDeceived wrote: December 23rd, 2022, 1:50 pm
Bronco73idi wrote: December 23rd, 2022, 1:25 pm
RosyPosy wrote: December 23rd, 2022, 11:48 am
BeNotDeceived wrote: December 23rd, 2022, 11:40 am

Sometimes the NAS has a hole it, despite our best efforts to prevent it. Cool there's so many vets here than can cash in on veterans preference when it comes to working on the NAS. And your training may land you near the Survivor Tree.

Prolly a different NAS than the one you reference. :lol:
NAS north island is in San Diego.
BND knows that, he is talking in a riddle like always. He scored a 99 on the ASVAB. I scored a 97.

Sometimes I figure his riddle out but most the time I don’t.

You still a mechanic? I am a Master at Toyota. Here is my latest build.
Oh you thought the acronym NAS referred to National Air Space when I was referring to Naval Air Station?
Look for a green and yellow logo: viewtopic.php?p=1259500#p1259500

GBNG was one of those weird deals that revealed something unexpected. The best stuff is in sub forum fifty seven.

Now you know the rest of the NAStory. :lol:

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

National Airspace System.

There’s so many planes flying it looks like a bunch of ants covering the lower 48. When a ground stop is declared it creates a big hole. Sometimes some NAS Hole (like angry dude that torched a TRACON) causes a hole in the NAS, but more often it’s due to WX.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

Atrasado wrote: December 20th, 2022, 10:37 pm Not all women are like this. There are still some great ones. Truly.
yup. When you find a woman who actually likes to be a stay at home mom, who likes to manage her home and keep things running smoothly, someone who likes "the drudgery" (as feminists call it) of laundry, among other things, - well, I quit my job and moved across the country to marry her. Went from making $35/hr to making $10. I have never looked back. She's extremely talented: cooking, sewing, art, literature, music (sings and plays), a good listener for the children, and a great executive as well. Won't even let me leave socks around...

I've since found a better job making more than I made at the phone company in Utah, able to live my dream of building a cabin, wife is right there next to me - helped design it and is helping to build it as well.

They are rare, but they do exist.

Welcome to the forum!

RosyPosy
captain of 100

Post by RosyPosy »

mudflap wrote: December 23rd, 2022, 4:00 pm
Atrasado wrote: December 20th, 2022, 10:37 pm Not all women are like this. There are still some great ones. Truly.
yup. When you find a woman who actually likes to be a stay at home mom, who likes to manage her home and keep things running smoothly, someone who likes "the drudgery" (as feminists call it) of laundry, among other things, - well, I quit my job and moved across the country to marry her. Went from making $35/hr to making $10. I have never looked back. She's extremely talented: cooking, sewing, art, literature, music (sings and plays), a good listener for the children, and a great executive as well. Won't even let me leave socks around...

I've since found a better job making more than I made at the phone company in Utah, able to live my dream of building a cabin, wife is right there next to me - helped design it and is helping to build it as well.

Welcome to the forum!
I noticed multiple people have moved over seas for the sake of a spouse. Personally I feel committed to this country and the constitution, I have not relieved myself of the oath I took to protect it. As such i'm staying.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Welcome to the forum!
Nothing wrong with stay at home moms but women worked 2000 years ago and Jesus talked about it in a way, it is what it is…

The pioneer women worked too, everyday to feed the family. All the stay at home moms that I encounter today are a perversion. They run the house and the father as little to no say. I know one couple, she gets an allowance from him but every thing else is her way.

Matthew 24: 41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

RosyPosy
captain of 100

Post by RosyPosy »

"All the stay at home moms that I encounter today are a perversion. They run the house and the father as little to no say. "

This why men like me exist. We seen father's, brother's and shipmates have to put up with female BS like this. I have chosen to build myself up and establish boundaries.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

Hardest job in the world is a stay at home mom - not all women can handle it: on "puke bucket" call 24x7, along with wet bedsheets, broken zipper, "my socks have sock bumps in them" 5 minutes before school starts, or "these shoes are too small"; "Can I have something to eat?" x 12 times a day. Not to mention the appointments, dealing with teachers and other bullies at school, planning parties, cooking meals, making sure the pantry is stocked and the carrots are crunchy.

That's not to say I don't have any say - but when you have "an employee" that is great at "their job", you don't criticize them or tell them "how to do it better". You shut up and let the genius work - maybe even take a few notes. I'm really, really good at "slaying dragons", so she doesn't tell me how to do my job, either. We each understand we have God-given roles, and we fulfil them as a team, just like the Proclamation enumerates. She does ask for input and ideas, but the home is really the woman's domain. The man is there to protect it for her and support her in it.

Oh, and all the mule-type work building this ginormous cabin completely from scratch. ;)

All "preside" means is I have the final say - not "the only say". And I report back to God. She seats me at the head of the table, encourages me to take the lead of family prayers, scriptures, musical studies, encouragement to try new things, building up of talents. Honestly, very few men seem to understand what preside really means. The best example I can think of is in D&C 121:33-44:
34 Behold, there are many called [to be fathers], but few are chosen [to be Dads]. And why are they not chosen?
35 Because their hearts are set so much upon the things of this world, and aspire to the honors of men, that they do not learn this one lesson--
36 That the rights of the priesthood are inseparably connected with the powers of heaven, and that the powers of heaven cannot be controlled nor handled only upon the principles of righteousness.
37 That they may be conferred upon us, it is true; but when we undertake to cover our sins, or to gratify our pride, our vain ambition, or to exercise control or dominion or compulsion upon the souls of the children of men, in any degree of unrighteousness, behold, the heavens withdraw themselves; the Spirit of the Lord is grieved; and when it is withdrawn, Amen to the priesthood or the authority of that man.
38 Behold, ere he is aware, he is left unto himself, to kick against the pricks, to persecute the saints, and to fight against God.
39 We have learned by sad experience that it is the nature and disposition of almost all men, as soon as they get a little authority, as they suppose, they will immediately begin to exercise unrighteous dominion.
40 Hence many are called, but few are chosen.
Notice that part about "almost all men". As mathematician, if someone asked me to put a number on "almost all", I would have to say it's probably 95%. Say your elder's quorum has 30 guys showing up - that means 29 of them probably fall under the unrighteous dominion part. So if you're a man, you probably have a tendency to exercise unrighteous dominion. THAT's where you should focus all your efforts - fighting that tendency. Anyway ^ vs 37-40 is how NOT to do it.... Here's how TO do it:
41 No power or influence can or ought to be maintained by virtue of the priesthood, only by persuasion, by long-suffering, by gentleness and meekness, and by love unfeigned;
42 By kindness, and pure knowledge
, which shall greatly enlarge the soul without hypocrisy, and without guile--
43 Reproving betimes with sharpness, when moved upon by the Holy Ghost; and then showing forth afterwards an increase of love toward him whom thou hast reproved, lest he esteem thee to be his enemy;
44 That he may know that thy faithfulness is stronger than the cords of death.
45 Let thy bowels also be full of charity towards all men, and to the household of faith, and let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God; and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distil upon thy soul as the dews from heaven.
46 The Holy Ghost shall be thy constant companion, and thy scepter an unchanging scepter of righteousness and truth; and thy dominion shall be an everlasting dominion, and without compulsory means it shall flow unto thee forever and ever.
*********************************************************************************
It's not to say women are perfect - my ex was a stay at home mom, and she was a perversion - I started getting suspicious that she was leaving the kids in the same diapers I left them in in the morning, so I marked them in an obscure part. They would get hungry while she was locked in her room on the phone with her boyfriend all day so they raided the fridge (one was 2 and the other was 3). Eggs and milk and cereal all over the floor. Happened a dozen times. The lady was K-razy. Or she would take them on an 8 hour drive up to Boise to meet her boyfriend at a park, I found out later. She didn't want me to know, so she didn't have me put the top on the 4runner before she left, and they came back all sunburned. grrrr. These are the "PG" rated events I encountered. But it was "Utah", so the courts always side with the woman - and that's not "butthurt talk" - those are statistics.

Yes, I know all about perverted stay at home moms.

But it was all part of the plan, I suppose:
they taste the bitter, that they may know to prize the good.

RosyPosy
captain of 100

Post by RosyPosy »

Medflap my heart goes out to you. I will never allow myself to experience an event like that.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Bronco73idi wrote: December 23rd, 2022, 4:30 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Nothing wrong with stay at home moms but women worked 2000 years ago and Jesus talked about it in a way, it is what it is…

The pioneer women worked too, everyday to feed the family. All the stay at home moms that I encounter today are a perversion. They run the house and the father as little to no say. I know one couple, she gets an allowance from him but every thing else is her way.

Matthew 24: 41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
People today think work is something you get paid to do.

Everything else.

Is a chore.

No monetary reward.

No wanna do it.

Some, probably most from what I overhear them saying at Church, stay at home moms seem to resent doing chores at home for free.

Being jealous that their men get to go to work for money and all of the fun they have there with their buds.

I understand.

But.

News Flash.

We make it fun.

Whether it is or not.

Cause we have to be there everyday.

While some work can be rewarding on its own.

It's mostly not.

Just like raising kids and taking care of a house.

Ya gotta make that fun too.

So the kids will want to follow your example.

Not run away from it.

I suspect there is one thing that is different at work that doesn't happen at home.

You get training at work in order to perform your duties.

Young women generally seem to have no idea what they are doing as homemakers.

Their mothers didn't know how to do it either.

Probably neither did grandma.

Bring back real homemaking classes.

Make movies showing stay at home moms actually staying at home doing stay at home things.

Women tend to resent it when a man tries to tell them to do something.

Maybe we should ask Lucifer to lend a word.

They seem to listen to him. jk

Galloping away!

Sir H

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Just dropped in

Post by Elizabeth »

Welcome. :)

RosyPosy wrote: December 20th, 2022, 9:39 pm Newish to the forum here, been following for a while. Finally decided to join the discussions......

To end this post on a positive note. I know Jesus Christ exists. And it is by following him that truth can be manifest. The Book of Mormon is testament of such. The Constitution was ratified by men inspired by God.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

HVDC wrote: December 24th, 2022, 6:18 am
Bronco73idi wrote: December 23rd, 2022, 4:30 pm

Welcome to the forum!

People today think work is something you get paid to do.

Everything else.

Is a chore.

No monetary reward.

No wanna do it.

Some, probably most from what I overhear them saying at Church, stay at home moms seem to resent doing chores at home for free.

Being jealous that their men get to go to work for money and all of the fun they have there with their buds.

I understand.

But.

News Flash.

We make it fun.

Whether it is or not.

Cause we have to be there everyday.

While some work can be rewarding on its own.

It's mostly not.

Just like raising kids and taking care of a house.

Ya gotta make that fun too.

So the kids will want to follow your example.

Not run away from it.

I suspect there is one thing that is different at work that doesn't happen at home.

You get training at work in order to perform your duties.

Young women generally seem to have no idea what they are doing as homemakers.

Their mothers didn't know how to do it either.

Probably neither did grandma.

Bring back real homemaking classes.

Make movies showing stay at home moms actually staying at home doing stay at home things.

Women tend to resent it when a man tries to tell them to do something.

Maybe we should ask Lucifer to lend a word.

They seem to listen to him. jk

Galloping away!

Sir H
I agree that we should teach. But, when a student is ready a teacher will appear.

Their emotional opinions is what they call the Holy Ghost. They don’t understand that we are no better then the dust of the earth, at least the dust moves when it is told to.

I’m clumpy dirt😉

RosyPosy
captain of 100

Post by RosyPosy »

"Their emotional opinions is what they call the Holy Ghost."

Are you saying they'll sometimes confuse prompting of the holy ghost with emotional state?

"we are no better then the dust of the earth"

You're absolutely right if you visit Kennocott and compare the haul truck to the mountain they moving. They look like Tonka trucks in a sand box. Man is nothing compared to God.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

RosyPosy wrote: December 23rd, 2022, 9:49 pm Medflap my heart goes out to you. I will never allow myself to experience an event like that.
thanks! I would never have allowed it either, but it still happened. You just don't always get to choose what experiences you have, though.