Gay Marriage as the "Line In the Sand"

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.

If gay marriage is institutionalized in the church, will you leave the church?

Yes
79%
No
21%

Total votes: 82
4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Gay Marriage as the "Line In the Sand"

Post by 4Joshua8 »

Is gay marriage a line in the sand for you?

4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Re: Gay Marriage as the "Line In the Sand"

Post by 4Joshua8 »

I have a close TBM family member who shocked me a couple weeks ago. We were talking about gay marriage, and they said they will leave the church if gay marriage is institutionalized.

I'm curious to know how many members share that position...

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

I said no, just because the Corporation has already demonstrated they have no honor, virtue or integrity when it comes to being a bulwark against sin, and vice encroaching into paths of scriptural righteousness.

By the mouths of the Board members, over the pulpit twice a year, we are to be “obedient” and “Christ-Like” (which seems to revolve around tolerance and false love regarding loudly vocal activists, for a minority of sexual deviants).

Crossing the line allowing gay marriage would be a risk management strategy, to ensure corporate tax-free status isn’t at risk, and vast real estate holdings don’t somehow become targets.

Therein lays the rub…. Are we members of the Corporation located at 50 North East Temple?

Or are we members of the Saviors body of believers, which means we are disciples within our hearts?

When we decide to be disciple’s of Jesus Christ first and foremost. It almost doesn’t matter what the CEO and Board of Twelve and all their obedient minions do with the money, power and reputation.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Your TBM family says they would leave? I say, No they won't.

The change is coming slowly in stages, so the TBM will convince themselves the final change "just makes sense", and a couple of conference talks discussing how Joseph Smith was the first person in America to introduce the idea that families can be many different arrangements. And how violent, uneducated, inbred mobsters were not ready for Joseph's insights so they killed him.

Who wants to risk having the same ideas as murderous mobs who are inbred and backwards? Not any TBM, so they will follow the Prophet, and support freedom of family 'just like the church has always done'.

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Post by FoundMyEden »

If the transgender acceptance didn’t send them packing, or the “acceptable abortions” didn’t send them packing, or the vaxx, or the history of polygamy didn’t send them packing, or the (fill in the blank)…then they will probably stay where they are at after they chew on it a bit and uncomfortably swallow. Usually if one is ready to leave…they just do it.

4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Post by 4Joshua8 »

JK4Woods wrote: December 12th, 2022, 11:18 am
When we decide to be disciple’s of Jesus Christ first and foremost. It almost doesn’t matter what the CEO and Board of Twelve and all their obedient minions do with the money, power and reputation.
The CEO and board decide what is taught to our children at church. What they decide saturates everything about our activity in the church.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

FWIW, just this weekend (12/10/2022)

https://www.fulcrum7.com/news/2022/12/1 ... nomination
The 198 churches voted by 66.7 percent or more to leave the denomination, either to become independent or join more conservative denominations where traditional Christian bans on same-sex marriage are not up for debate.
maybe local stakes/wards could do the same? lol......

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

I am guessing that when you said gay marriage you were meaning gay sealings in the temple.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Gay marriages are already accepted in some wards. Since the Handbook no longer states that gay marriage is automatically considered apostasy, Bishops have discretion on what to do with both gay married couples and transgender people. They can hold callings, attend the meeting that corresponds with their gender identity, up to but not including temple sealings.

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Post by FoundMyEden »

mudflap wrote: December 12th, 2022, 12:15 pm FWIW, just this weekend (12/10/2022)

The 198 churches voted by 66.7 percent or more to leave the denomination, either to become independent or join more conservative denominations where traditional Christian bans on same-sex marriage are not up for debate.
Amen to that. Probably one of the best truths being shared from the write-up:

“Exchanging the truth of God for a lie concerning human sexuality and gender distinctions is classic biblical apostasy (Romans 1:25-32). Avoid it all costs, friends.

Walk with the King, and be a blessing!”

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

Maybe this is a bad time to ask, but when are we going to canonize the "Proclamation on the Family"?

sorry, I'll see my way out.... ;)

4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Post by 4Joshua8 »

mudflap wrote: December 12th, 2022, 1:36 pm Maybe this is a bad time to ask, but when are we going to canonize the "Proclamation on the Family"?

I thought Nelson would do it. Looks like Maybe I was wrong.

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

4Joshua8 wrote: December 12th, 2022, 1:40 pm
mudflap wrote: December 12th, 2022, 1:36 pm Maybe this is a bad time to ask, but when are we going to canonize the "Proclamation on the Family"?

to be fair, im not so sure they should necessarily canonise it, personally.

In my opinion there should be a new proclamation, or perhaps maybe just an official 'statement' or something, renewing the standing validity of the original Proclamation, and fact that marriage is sacred and ordained by God as being exclusively b/w male and female, while also calling out transgenderism, the groomers, the furries etc all the other fresh degeneracies springing up today to subvert our way of life, to confuse our collective conception of gender/sexuality and ultimately bring the floodwaters in.

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

I would say Not Sure if that was a choice. I think it depends on what God tells me to do if it comes to that.

ChooseTruth
captain of 100

Post by ChooseTruth »

It’s a clear line for me. I view it as a last straw kind of item.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

abijah wrote: December 12th, 2022, 1:47 pm
4Joshua8 wrote: December 12th, 2022, 1:40 pm

to be fair, im not so sure they should necessarily canonise it, personally.

In my opinion there should be a new proclamation, or perhaps maybe just an official 'statement' or something, renewing the standing validity of the original Proclamation, and fact that marriage is sacred and ordained by God as being exclusively b/w male and female, while also calling out transgenderism, the groomers, the furries etc all the other fresh degeneracies springing up today to subvert our way of life, to confuse our collective conception of gender/sexuality and ultimately bring the floodwaters in.
Snort, not going to happen but would be awesome if it did!

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

LDS can't split like Methodists. Your local ward owns nothing.

That pioneer ward house that is the center of the pioneer town, that was a community work project, then expanded upon in the 1960s through volunteer labor, with materials purchased with building fund donations....all of it is corporate property now.

They could literally lock the doors to locals, change the locks and open a weekend drag club and the ward members would have no say.

LateOutOfBed
captain of 100

Post by LateOutOfBed »

I said "No", because my line in the sand was when they didn't say anything about turning to Christ and repenting when it came to the scamdemic. So, line has already been crossed for me... it was getting close before the scamdemic, but that pushed it over the line.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Abandoning Plural Marriage is my line. And since then things have only got worse. But that happened long before I was born.

I think once gay “marriage” becomes a thing in the Church, that will be when the apostasy becomes absolutely undeniable, and people will have to make a choice one way or another. In a sense, it’s quite exciting to think of it—God’s work will be hastening when it happens. I believe it will.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Our money already left the lds corporation several years ago. That may be more appropriate and more powerful than leaving local neighbors and friends.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Anyone that believes the Q15 are truthful followers of Christ are borderline too stupid to be considered human. One could say that if brains was gas, they wouldn't have enough gas to drive a piss ant's motorcycle around the inside of a Cheerio.

Jesus started the church and is still in charge. The Q15 joining satan's groups in an attempt to overthrow the Almighty God, have not gone unnoticed. Clearly, the Q15 worship satan and believe that satan had the best plan. It is what all democrats believe.

But it is still Christ's church even though broken. Someday He will fix it.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

It is far more likely that you will be confronted with the issue of women’s ordination long before same sex marriage/sealings

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

gkearney wrote: December 12th, 2022, 7:03 pm It is far more likely that you will be confronted with the issue of women’s ordination long before same sex marriage/sealings
The two go more hand in hand than one might realise.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Fred wrote: December 12th, 2022, 6:46 pm Anyone that believes the Q15 are truthful followers of Christ are borderline too stupid to be considered human. One could say that if brains was gas, they wouldn't have enough gas to drive a piss ant's motorcycle around the inside of a Cheerio.

Jesus started the church and is still in charge. The Q15 joining satan's groups in an attempt to overthrow the Almighty God, have not gone unnoticed. Clearly, the Q15 worship satan and believe that satan had the best plan. It is what all democrats believe.

But it is still Christ's church even though broken. Someday He will fix it.
His church is his name now exists for those with the eyes to see it.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

mudflap wrote: December 12th, 2022, 12:15 pm FWIW, just this weekend (12/10/2022)

Now, that would be something!

What would the leaders say to that? They've already spun a fat narrative that is counter to scripture and would REALLY not want to have a big hole punched through it by a group of lowly members worried about the fate of their souls, given their leaders' rogue trajectory.

Of course, it's outside of our scope of inspiration to evaluate any of this stuff. Besides, they can rely on the bishops to keep things orderly and, certainly, the stake presidents will keep the bishops entrained.

"Which Way Do You Face?"

Trick question.
Last edited by Chip on December 12th, 2022, 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.