Gene Editing

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Gene Editing

Post by Fred »

It is now possible to genetically modify plants and animals so that when we eat them it modifies our own genes. http://gmo20.com One such process is CRISPR. Google it. Many of the search results are in favor of it. Sites that tell the truth are shadow banned or blocked. Gene edited GMOs do not require safety tests, are becoming super easy to produce, and don’t need labels. Virtually anyone will be able to slip them into your diet, with unpredictable consequences. Gene Drives and RNAI are used, also.

Here is a video, after which is much info if you scroll down.
https://responsibletechnology.org/gene-editing/

It is no longer necessary to get a shot to have your genes modified. This can happen from eating an avocado.

I would suggest reducing your dependence on store bought food.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Re: Gene Editing

Post by iWriteStuff »

Genes4Gene.jpeg
Genes4Gene.jpeg (82.1 KiB) Viewed 378 times

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

iWriteStuff wrote: December 9th, 2022, 12:59 pm Genes4Gene.jpeg
Yeah. Even Graham Nash is duped. What is it about actors and musicians that blocks truth from their brains?

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Big nothing burger tbh.

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

"Claims have been made before, that the method of RNA interference (and dsRNA specifically) will lead to gene changes somehow due to similarity with existing sequences in the human genome. The evidence for such an occurrence is slim to none and ignores the fact that there are dozens, if not hundreds, of such similar sequences in the food we eat every day in the first place.

There are a number of barriers to such a thing even having a chance of occurring. To enter even a single cell, the RNA would have to get through multiple cellular barriers and the several systems that work to break down things like RNA, such as lysosomes. And all that is without even considering the possibility of a sufficient quantity of RNA surviving the trip through the gastrointestinal tract, which is already a far chance at best. A single strand of RNA making it through can do nothing to the bodily systems." - Sorry, I lost the reference to this quote.

Although the body does seem to have defenses to prevent a DNA takeover, is there a possibility of having those defenses becoming embattled to the point of weakening them enough? I don't know.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

This article indicates this process can be abused. https://www.newscientist.com/definition/what-is-crispr/
Like the shot, I am willing to let several billion people in front of me in line.

Ask me in 50 years if I should have tried it...

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

madvin wrote: December 9th, 2022, 4:50 pm "Claims have been made before, that the method of RNA interference (and dsRNA specifically) will lead to gene changes somehow due to similarity with existing sequences in the human genome. The evidence for such an occurrence is slim to none and ignores the fact that there are dozens, if not hundreds, of such similar sequences in the food we eat every day in the first place.

There are a number of barriers to such a thing even having a chance of occurring. To enter even a single cell, the RNA would have to get through multiple cellular barriers and the several systems that work to break down things like RNA, such as lysosomes. And all that is without even considering the possibility of a sufficient quantity of RNA surviving the trip through the gastrointestinal tract, which is already a far chance at best. A single strand of RNA making it through can do nothing to the bodily systems." - Sorry, I lost the reference to this quote.

Although the body does seem to have defenses to prevent a DNA takeover, is there a possibility of having those defenses becoming embattled to the point of weakening them enough? I don't know.
Well.

Maybe the old saying.

You are what you eat has some merit.

Eat cows; start to think like them.

Eat pigs; act piggly.

Eat sheep...

Well, you get the idea.

LOL.

Sir H eats a lot of different things.

Probably look pretty funny if he looked like his food.

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

Fred wrote: December 9th, 2022, 5:31 pm This article indicates this process can be abused. https://www.newscientist.com/definition/what-is-crispr/
Like the shot, I am willing to let several billion people in front of me in line.

Yeah I'm not going to even be in line for that. Just wanted to point out the body might have some kind of a defense against "gene editing food".

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

madvin wrote: December 9th, 2022, 6:55 pm
Fred wrote: December 9th, 2022, 5:31 pm This article indicates this process can be abused. https://www.newscientist.com/definition/what-is-crispr/

Yeah I'm not going to even be in line for that. Just wanted to point out the body might have some kind of a defense against "gene editing food".
It does, but a lot of our DNA supposedly came from viruses and bacteria.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Fred wrote: December 9th, 2022, 1:01 pm
Yeah. Even Graham Nash is duped. What is it about actors and musicians that blocks truth from their brains?
Their paycheck from the club

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

To be fair, Eric Clapton has been very vocal on the matter. He got a vaccine injury.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Niemand wrote: December 10th, 2022, 7:18 am
To be fair, Eric Clapton has been very vocal on the matter. He got a vaccine injury.
Yes. There are a few exceptions. Eric Clapton said that he even fears that they might kill him or his family.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

madvin wrote: December 9th, 2022, 6:55 pm

Biophysicist He Jiankui, having served a 3-year sentence for creating the world's first genetically engineered babies, may be released from a Chinese prison this week, Science has learned.

https://www.science.org/content/article ... ting-stand

One of the articles at gmo20.com says that mice have passed the gene edit on at least 10 generations deep.