Letter to the leaders of the Church! What say you?????

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
jonubg
captain of 50

Letter to the leaders of the Church! What say you?????

Post by jonubg »

If you were going to write a letter to the leaders of the Church about your concerns and questions, what would you write? PLEASE SHARE YOUR CONCERNS AND QUESTIONS!!!!!!

My questions:
Why are you stressing a Vaccine that has proven to be harmful and contrary to faith and the Word of Wisdom?
Why are you promoting climate change at BYU?
Why do our missionaries have so many rules that prevent them from proselyting? Our FTMs are encouraged not to go door to door and not to do mall displays. Also, they are not allowed to go on splits with members or go to members houses for dinner.
Why did we get rid of the investigator class during Sunday school?
Why is Deseret News so one sided to the left?
Why did you support the protection of marriage act?
Why are we supporting agenda 2030?
Why do we donate money to charity organizations such as UNICEFF that do not share our beliefs?

My concerns:
Pandering, I joined the Church in 1983 when Spencer W Kimball was president. I was called on my mission by President Kimball. I have never experienced church leaders pandering to the world until the last few years it is very confusing. Can you give me an explanation for why you are doing this? Could it be like Abraham when he told the Egyptians that Sarah was his sister? Or is it from some other reason such as keeping the Temples open.

I have a very conservative constitutional friend who has investigated the church and has had the missionaries go through the lessons with him twice. This was before the pandemic and the left turn that the Church has made. I fear that once he finds out that the church is promoting the phony vaccine and other liberal agendas, he would never want to join so I have not been promoting the church to him. I feel like we are alienating the very people we would want to join our church. Why is this?

We have a local Christian church in my area that did not promote the phony pandemic or adhere to the overreaches of local government and their membership went from 700 members to 6000 members in a 6-month period. I wonder what our church could have done if we would have stuck to conservative constitutional values during the pandemic.

Why does the church not stress or teach the constitution. Most members now little about the importance of the constitution or why it is so important to our future. I wish we could study the constitution for a year in Sunday school like we do with each scripture canon. I laugh when I hear the prophecy of how the elders will someday step forward to save the constitution. :(

Why do the church leaders no longer talk about preparedness?

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Re: Letter to the leaders of the Church! What say you?????

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

"Why don't you write down the words of Jesus Christ anymore?"

cab
captain of 1,000
Location: ♫ I am a Mormon! ♫ And... dang it... a Mormon just believes! ♫

Post by cab »

Have heavenly visitors appeared unto you?

Why don’t we teach about the baptism of fire?

Why so little understanding of Isaiah, the Book of Revelation, and end time prophecy?

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Maybe the church has gotten so wealthy (and off-key) that it now wants to simplify its program by keeping the generational members who totally love the church without question and send their kids to BYU to become just like themselves who model the leaders. Maybe they are just nowadays the Drunkards of Ephraim that Isaiah talks about and they figure they've got it good, so why not make it permanent by making peace with Babylon and preserving that wealth with the hopelessly codependent entrained. Something like that, anyway.

Letfreedumbring
captain of 100

Post by Letfreedumbring »

Patience. We must be prepared before we can hear the answers.

Stay tuned for the next conference...

Keep paying your tithing and Don't forget to drink your ovaltine.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

jonubg wrote: December 8th, 2022, 10:59 pm If you were going to write a letter to the leaders of the Church about your concerns and questions, what would you write? PLEASE SHARE YOUR CONCERNS AND QUESTIONS!!!!!!

My questions:
Why are you stressing a Vaccine that has proven to be harmful and contrary to faith and the Word of Wisdom?
Why are you promoting climate change at BYU?
Why do our missionaries have so many rules that prevent them from proselyting? Our FTMs are encouraged not to go door to door and not to do mall displays. Also, they are not allowed to go on splits with members or go to members houses for dinner.
Why did we get rid of the investigator class during Sunday school?
Why is Deseret News so one sided to the left?
Why did you support the protection of marriage act?
Why are we supporting agenda 2030?
Why do we donate money to charity organizations such as UNICEFF that do not share our beliefs?

My concerns:
Pandering, I joined the Church in 1983 when Spencer W Kimball was president. I was called on my mission by President Kimball. I have never experienced church leaders pandering to the world until the last few years it is very confusing. Can you give me an explanation for why you are doing this? Could it be like Abraham when he told the Egyptians that Sarah was his sister? Or is it from some other reason such as keeping the Temples open.

I have a very conservative constitutional friend who has investigated the church and has had the missionaries go through the lessons with him twice. This was before the pandemic and the left turn that the Church has made. I fear that once he finds out that the church is promoting the phony vaccine and other liberal agendas, he would never want to join so I have not been promoting the church to him. I feel like we are alienating the very people we would want to join our church. Why is this?

We have a local Christian church in my area that did not promote the phony pandemic or adhere to the overreaches of local government and their membership went from 700 members to 6000 members in a 6-month period. I wonder what our church could have done if we would have stuck to conservative constitutional values during the pandemic.

Why does the church not stress or teach the constitution. Most members now little about the importance of the constitution or why it is so important to our future. I wish we could study the constitution for a year in Sunday school like we do with each scripture canon. I laugh when I hear the prophecy of how the elders will someday step forward to save the constitution. :(

Why do the church leaders no longer talk about preparedness?
Just one initial point; I currently teach the investigators class during Sunday school.

Secondly, there are more church members outside the US. Why would they have any interest in spending a year studying the US Constitution?

I agree with your points about missionary work. It seems to be all about ensuring the missionaries have a good time.
Also agree with the rest of your comments.

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

Do church members get discounts at the mall?

Mike

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

What kind of prophets teach lies and get paid? False ones.

“2023 General Authority compensation update: $251k total compensation for each of 123 senior leaders, totals ~$30M in senior leadership compensation”
https://www.reddit.com/r/mormon/comment ... date_251k/

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Mamabear wrote: December 9th, 2022, 4:25 am What kind of prophets teach lies and get paid? False ones.

“2023 General Authority compensation update: $251k total compensation for each of 123 senior leaders, totals ~$30M in senior leadership compensation”
Up to a quarter million a year now, huh? That red chair is an awful good paying gig and you also get to be righteous.... and celebrated....

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

Mamabear wrote: December 9th, 2022, 4:25 am What kind of prophets teach lies and get paid? False ones.

If it doesn’t already, this link should have its own thread.

SantaFe
captain of 50

Post by SantaFe »

It was always my thought that no one in the church gets paid. They were servants of the Lord. Key word here is WERE. When did the paychecks start? Who authorised it? How far down the hill does the money roll? Are The Seventies getting paid too? What about Stake Presidents? Any women getting compensation? Priest craft has it's perks, I see.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

What is the source for these figures?

BenMcCrea
captain of 100

Post by BenMcCrea »

SantaFe wrote: December 9th, 2022, 5:49 am It was always my thought that no one in the church gets paid. They were servants of the Lord. Key word here is WERE. When did the paychecks start? Who authorised it? How far down the hill does the money roll? Are The Seventies getting paid too? What about Stake Presidents? Any women getting compensation? Priest craft has it's perks, I see.
As far as we know only full time leaders get paid. So the First Presidency, Twelve, First & Second Quorums of Seventy, Presiding Bishopric and technically Mission Presidents who get allowances for everything - food, cars, bills, travel, fuel, clothing, schooling etc.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

gkearney wrote: December 9th, 2022, 6:22 am What is the source for these figures?
https://widowsmitereport.wordpress.com/

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

gkearney wrote: December 9th, 2022, 6:22 am What is the source for these figures?
Look at the link and read the report.

Mindfields
captain of 1,000

Post by Mindfields »

SantaFe wrote: December 9th, 2022, 5:49 am It was always my thought that no one in the church gets paid. They were servants of the Lord. Key word here is WERE. When did the paychecks start? Who authorised it? How far down the hill does the money roll? Are The Seventies getting paid too? What about Stake Presidents? Any women getting compensation? Priest craft has it's perks, I see.
Local leaders including Area Seventies do not receive a pay check. Mission presidents are compensated by having their expenses covered. Which in their case is everything they spend while "serving" as mission president.
All general authorities e.g. Apostles, Seventies, Sunday School, etc receive a pay check along with a myriad of perks. Women who serve in general leadership roles get nothing.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

For starters...

What's the plan to get the Church out from under condemnation?

Where is the plan to not take lightly the BoM?

What's the plan to get back the fullness of the priesthood that was taken away?

If we need to become Zion, why don't we have any focus on that?

Why do we spend more money on the dead than the living?

Why does the Church strongly push trust in the arm of the flesh?

Why aren't the apostles sent out for missionary work?

Why do we spend more money on the dead than the living?

Are we really taking care of our poor?

Why does the Church take pride in promoting friendships with mammon and promoting the agendas of mammon?

Does the Church really have no plans to save BYU? Dessert news?

How does the Church publish the crap that comes out of the correlation department? Our manuals suck, and so does the scholarship/knowledge of our members.

When will the PSR repent for promoting the dangerous and ineffective COVID injections?

The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

Post by The Red Pill »

The Church went into FULL BLOWN apostasy with Brigham Young. Any president of the church that practiced polygamy after BY was not listening to God in any way. There have been some sincere, spiritual presidents of the church that did the best they could...that started going back downhill with Hinkley...

Now...we are in a race to the bottom. I know several people including a doctor who wrote sincere letters to Q15 warning them about the dangers of the deadly-jab...total crickets in ALL instances.

It's not that they are not getting letters...they don't give a rats.

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

Mindfields wrote: December 9th, 2022, 6:53 am
Local leaders including Area Seventies do not receive a pay check. Mission presidents are compensated by having their expenses covered. Which in their case is everything they spend while "serving" as mission president.
All general authorities e.g. Apostles, Seventies, Sunday School, etc receive a pay check along with a myriad of perks. Women who serve in general leadership roles get nothing.
Mission Presidents also get allowances for Christmas gifts and their kids go to school for fee. As well, Mission Presidents are instructed not to declare any income to the government.

I remember reading the above in a copy of the Mission President's handbook.

Mike

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

The Red Pill wrote: December 9th, 2022, 7:46 am The Church went into FULL BLOWN apostasy with Brigham Young. Any president of the church that practiced polygamy after BY was not listening to God in any way.
Just not true. John Taylor, Lorenzo Snow, George Q. Cannon and other polygamists met and talked with the Saviour. Just like Abraham.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Any letter to a General leader of the church, that isn't either complimentary/full of praise and flattery - or some faith-promoting type story - will either be entirely ignored/thrown away - or will be sent to your stake president, who will call you in and verbally spank you for daring to "bother" the leaders of the church. They're busy, don't you know. Everything should be handled locally, don't you know. At least, that is what happened to me when I dared write a letter to the Primary General President several years ago. The stake president's reaction and comments to me were incredibly telling. The General leaders (especially the 15) do not care about answering our questions or helping the members with their worries and concerns - that should be obvious by their actions and by what we hear (and more importantly, what we don't hear) in GC.

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

I would ask just one question. If God be for us who can be against us?

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

MikeMaillet wrote: December 9th, 2022, 4:24 am Do church members get discounts at the mall?

Mike
10% Sundays only

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

What has God told you about climate change?

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

I wrote the leaders a letter when I was in president Monson's Ward before I left the church 10 years ago. My two main concerns were their treatment of the poor when they are gajillionaires and responsible for making sure there's no poor among them, and the fact that they have absolutely zero claim to any kind of actual spiritual experiences or meeting with the Lord - which means they took their thrones falsely as they are not supposed to be sitting in those seats unless they've met the Lord face to face and are acting according to his actual instructions. If they're not able to meet with the Lord face to face somebody else is supposed to be sitting in those seats who can not only claim but demonstrate that they are.

So they refused to answer my letter, and when I wrote another one explaining that they owe me an answer as a member of the church challenging them with criteria they themselves claim they should be fulfilling, they mocked me and said they have no answer.

So then I left the church and now 10 years later I have learned all kinds of new things.

So today I would ask them about the World reset and the mud flood temples 200 yrs ago, the fake genealogy, the trafficking through LDS adoption agency, the billion color flag the church is adopting and all the rules they threw out since I lost my recommend for stupid things they don't care about anymore, how Oaks helped Russell Nelson's daughter's pedophile ring disappear, I'd ask about all that railroad stuff too, and about how half the leaders (we know about so far) are members of skull and bones or other evil secret societies and how their names are on literally every entity running Utah and the surrounding states, why the leaders and their wives are walking around with the wrong gender markers like the elite gender inversion couples in Hollywood are, I'd ask about the alliance with the Rothschilds and their funding they've been taking since the beginning, their alliance with the New World order and Satan... prolly ask about some other things too.🤔

(All the edits were typos.)
(One more just for fun)
Last edited by FoxMammaWisdom on December 9th, 2022, 11:48 am, edited 5 times in total.