Google & YouTube's Orwellian Misinformation Policies

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
creator
(of the Forum)

Google & YouTube's Orwellian Misinformation Policies

Post by creator »

Yes, many people have moved to other platforms that continue to support free speech, but it's still very unfortunate that Google/YouTube has gone in the direction of joining the propaganda machine and allowing only a specific biased partisan agenda. YouTube was the original innovator that allowed for independent content creators to make a lit bit of money or even make a living informing, educating and entertaining millions of people. And while I personally didn't make videos for the money, it was a nice added bonus to get a little bit of money for my efforts.

I had posted the recent Joel Skousen 2022 Year End Analysis on YouTube but it was quickly banned.
YouTube wrote:"Our team has reviewed your content, and, unfortunately, we think it violates our medical misinformation policy. We've removed the following content from YouTube"
Their "Misinformation policies" focus only on:

1. Elections misinformation
2. COVID-19 medical misinformation
3. Vaccine misinformation

Elections misinformation policies

You can't question the integrity of U.S. Presidential elections (also Germany and Brazil). They don't allow "claims that widespread fraud, errors, or glitches occurred in certain past elections to determine heads of government. Or, content that claims that the certified results of those elections were false."

COVID-19 medical misinformation policy

"YouTube doesn't allow content that spreads medical misinformation that contradicts local health authorities’ (LHA) or the World Health Organization’s (WHO) medical information about COVID-19. This is limited to content that contradicts WHO or local health authorities’ guidance on:
• Treatment • Prevention • Diagnosis • Transmission • The existence of COVID-19"

And yet these so-called authorities constantly changed the narrative about treatment, prevention, diagnosis, transmission, etc.

Vaccine misinformation policy

"Don’t post content on YouTube if it includes harmful misinformation about currently approved and administered vaccines on any of the following:
• Vaccine safety: content alleging that vaccines cause chronic side effects, outside of rare side effects that are recognized by health authorities"
• Efficacy of vaccines: content claiming that vaccines do not reduce transmission or contraction of disease"
• Ingredients in vaccines: content misrepresenting the substances contained in vaccines"

#Safe&Effective

"Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia."

Moroni104
captain of 100

Re: Google & YouTube's Orwellian Misinformation Policies

Post by Moroni104 »

I had things that I wrote (that were professional and tactful) banned from Linked-in, and then subsequently Bing banned me from using their advertising services.

It is really interesting to see the 2nd release of twitter files show that Twitter shadow banned people.

The evidence suggests that there are large teams of people at places like Microsoft, Google, and formerly Twitter who are "in" on the censorship, meaning they know about it and implement it, and yet these people can hold their secret and lie to the public that there is no censorship.

It shows that people motivated by a leftist idealogy have no issue with lieing and cheating to obtain their results.