Brittney Griner - Release from Russian Prison

Discuss political news items / current events.
MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Brittney Griner - Release from Russian Prison

Post by MikeMaillet »

It appears that Brittney Griner will be released from Russian jail in some sort of prisoner swap. I find it funny that if Griner had shown up at an American airport with cannabis oil, they would have locked her up just the same but oh, those evil Russians.

Mike

LateOutOfBed
captain of 100

Re: Brittney Griner - Release from Russian Prison

Post by LateOutOfBed »

MikeMaillet wrote: December 8th, 2022, 6:51 am It appears that Brittney Griner will be released from Russian jail in some sort of prisoner swap. I find it funny that if Griner had shown up at an American airport with cannabis oil, they would have locked her up just the same but oh, those evil Russians.

Mike
We definitely got the raw end of that deal. We took back a belligerent WNBA "star" and gave them an actual terrorist/murderer bad guy that will love to kill more Americans and others. Let's Go Brandon!

-- Geoff

investigator
captain of 100

Post by investigator »

I think FoxMommaWisdom should take a look at “her”.

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

I suspect that if Griner had been a heterosexual male that there would not have been much of an effort to rescue him nor would there have been all of the phony outrage in the media.

Mike

Niyr
captain of 100

Post by Niyr »

LateOutOfBed wrote: December 8th, 2022, 7:36 am
MikeMaillet wrote: December 8th, 2022, 6:51 am It appears that Brittney Griner will be released from Russian jail in some sort of prisoner swap. I find it funny that if Griner had shown up at an American airport with cannabis oil, they would have locked her up just the same but oh, those evil Russians.

Mike
We definitely got the raw end of that deal. We took back a belligerent WNBA "star" and gave them an actual terrorist/murderer bad guy that will love to kill more Americans and others. Let's Go Brandon!

-- Geoff
Any attempt at arguing for gun control from the Left is done. They have zero legs to stand on for supporting this trade.

LateOutOfBed
captain of 100

Post by LateOutOfBed »

Niyr wrote: December 8th, 2022, 8:50 am Any attempt at arguing for gun control from the Left is done. They have zero legs to stand on for supporting this trade.
Too bad legs are irrelevant in our society today... :roll:

Letfreedumbring
captain of 100

Post by Letfreedumbring »

Trans Siberian Orchestra may yet perform at the DC temple after all. They were just missing a tuba player.
Last edited by Letfreedumbring on December 8th, 2022, 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

Mike
would they have locked her up for having cannabis oil in the US?

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

farmerchick wrote: December 8th, 2022, 3:57 pm

Mike
Absolutely. The USA has a very bad track record when dealing with cannabis users. Lives and families have been ruined because of possession of a single joint.

Was it not Kamala Harris that locked up a whole bunch of people for cannabis use in California while she was a District Attorney? Now, Kamala is singing a different tune.

I despise drug laws personally, but I am getting quite a kick out of this story 😀

Mike

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

MikeMaillet wrote: December 8th, 2022, 4:15 pm

Mike
Absolutely. The USA has a very bad track record when dealing with cannabis users. Lives and families have been ruined because of possession of a single joint.

Was it not Kamala Harris that locked up a whole bunch of people for cannabis use in California while she was a District Attorney? Now, Kamala is singing a different tune.

I despise drug laws personally, but I am getting quite a kick out of this story 😀

Mike
Well..it doesn't happen where I live....they let the drug offenders go...they let the cartel run wild ....if your a minority and you get stopped with more than user amount they don't prosecute....maybe somewhere in the US they do this..but not here....seattle..

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

MikeMaillet wrote: December 8th, 2022, 8:17 am I suspect that if Griner had been a heterosexual male that there would not have been much of an effort to rescue him nor would there have been all of the phony outrage in the media.

Mike
Make that White Heterosexual Male.

Remember these guys:

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/u ... ervention/

Sir H remembers.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

farmerchick wrote: December 8th, 2022, 9:47 pm

Mike

Mike
Well..it doesn't happen where I live....they let the drug offenders go...they let the cartel run wild ....if your a minority and you get stopped with more than user amount they don't prosecute....maybe somewhere in the US they do this..but not here....seattle..
Federal Laws Vs. State laws.

Feds control the borders.

Even when they pretend they don't.

Sir H

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

Mike

Mike
I live in Canada where cannabis is legal but if I get caught with cannabis at a Canadian airport I will be arrested.

Cannabis has been legal for several years now in Canada, without much fanfare. The supply is plentiful and cheap, which pretty well takes care of the underground supply and criminality involved.

Mike

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

HVDC wrote: December 9th, 2022, 2:11 am

Mike
Federal Laws Vs. State laws.

Feds control the borders.

Even when they pretend they don't.

Sir H
Yes, and in way too many cases the Federal government locked up people for possession of cannabis on the pretext that the user intended to cross state borders for trafficking purposes.

Mike

Pseudonym
captain of 100

Post by Pseudonym »

I have many mixed thoughts about all this. First: I believe that if a US citizen visits a foreign country with a passport and visa that there are diplomatic agreements between the countries that will be followed. I believe that if someone visits a foreign country outside of the passport and visa agreements – they are on their own.

Second: I do not understand why this basketball player got into trouble. I speculate that there is a lot more to this story than what we are being provided in the news or by official government release. I visited Russia just before all the covid stuff and getting into Russia was more difficult than any other country I have ever visited. Even with all the previously done paperwork it took hours getting pass their security which was more intrusive than the security when leaving. It would be more difficult to smuggle in anything than it would have been to smuggle out anything.

Third: I do not understand why we traded anyone for her release. There are so many diplomatic means as well as what are sometimes referred to as non-diplomatic means to get someone released from a country where we have diplomatic relationships. Even during the cold war, we did not have these kinds of problems with Russia unless there was something else involved. Once again, I think there is more to this story.

I am inclined to believe that our current administration did poorly in this exchange. I am inclined to believe that it is similar in assuring US interest as was the nuclear treaty that the Obama administration struck with Iran.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

888.jpg
888.jpg (71.26 KiB) Viewed 590 times

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

Anyone else have Brittany griner articles all over their feed? I'm seeing several every day. The propaganda is sickening. Brittany grinner is a victim who is a patriotic, compassionate, intelligent basketball great who was traded for bout who isn't that bad..just a Russian rogue we picked up somewhere...biden has done the best thing possible...we are still trying to get Whelan...the dialogue with Russia is open and we are sooooo happy to help transition Brittany back into civil society....her first words on the plane were about meeting her rescuers.......ummm ok....china and Russia have to be thinking it's time to take us out. We are the most decadent weak arrogant people ever on the face of the earth. I mean anyone ever see the movie midnight express? Everyone knows you don't do illegal things in a communist Country and expect not to suffer grave consequences....of course here in the US it's not a big deal to do whatever you want......the bottom line is that Brittany griner is a victim and as such will get special treatment from the government and everyone should be really happy about that....lol......and the propaganda will continue until its seeped into everyones mind where it should be.....

Craig Johnson
captain of 1,000

Post by Craig Johnson »

I think that if you can believe B. Griner would have been locked up in USA for weed oil, then you can believe anything.
On the other hand, Whelan would have been a logical exchange for the arms dealer, but "logical" from this administration is not something we are going to see.
Griner would have been released for a song and a dance, if Biden had one. But he doesn't have one, he has a weak elastic shuffle.
A strong POTUS would not have made any exchange for either of them.
Not because neither is wanted back, but because the present POTUS is a weak loser and has not had a backbone since day-one. Putin would not have allowed Griner to go to a Russian prison, if someone strong were president and he would not have invaded the Ukraine. He also would not be talking smack about nuclear weapons. We also, would not be having an economy crisis, a further sliding down the immorality hill and the complete picture of USA weakness throughout the world that we now have.
This whole thing is a microcosm of what is wrong with USA politics. The liberals suck at governing and the conservatives are their buffoons.
The parties have failed us, just like Washington said they would.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

LateOutOfBed wrote: December 8th, 2022, 7:36 am

Mike

-- Geoff
We traded a good shot for a bad shot.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

img_8003.jpg
img_8003.jpg (99.38 KiB) Viewed 443 times

cab
captain of 1,000
Location: ♫ I am a Mormon! ♫ And... dang it... a Mormon just believes! ♫

Post by cab »

Chip wrote: December 12th, 2022, 10:23 pmimg_8003.jpg

Now I have to rip my eyeballs out

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

investigator wrote: December 8th, 2022, 8:09 am I think FoxMommaWisdom should take a look at “her”.
It's a dude. The Russian TV stations call Brittney a man. 😂 Lots of interest in "Brittney" so I will try to get to a proper analysis ASAP and show markers!
viewtopic.php?p=1328729#p1328729

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Chip wrote: December 12th, 2022, 10:23 pmimg_8003.jpg
💯

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: December 13th, 2022, 3:11 am
investigator wrote: December 8th, 2022, 8:09 am I think FoxMommaWisdom should take a look at “her”.
It's a dude. The Russian TV stations call Brittney a man. 😂 Lots of interest in "Brittney" so I will try to get to a proper analysis ASAP and show markers!
viewtopic.php?p=1328729#p1328729

It's certain that during Griner's incarceration, the prison staff noted the actual sex of Griner. I think in any jail, part of the admission is a cavity search.

Check this out. Griner is being interviewed on the plane trip home and is talking like a man, being careful not to speak too much. I bet he didn't have the female hormone drugs while in prison in Russia and reverted to being more like a man:

https://rumble.com/v20b5gq-lfa-tv-clip- ... riner.html

Maybe Putin will Red Pill America by publishing pictures of Griner's penis, so that we can get a clue about how totally duped we are about so many things.

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

bruh that's a man