For Brian The Creator

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
moving2zion
captain of 100

For Brian The Creator

Post by moving2zion »

Any moderator could touch on this. I've been perusing here going on 13 or so years now. Lots of good people come and go. I am more of a reader- I check in almost every day. I like to peruse other people's opinions and really only comment when I am on the road with work. At home I'd rather spend time with the family, researching, enjoying my kids, and prepping! So here I am finally getting close to 400 posts- took me 4 ever! As a retired Army Officer I have to ask, why do we have to be CPT's? at 400 posts we should be BN commanders! I vote for a change at the posting level. Or just CPT of 400.
Last edited by moving2zion on December 6th, 2022, 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Re: For Brian The Creator

Post by Silver Pie »

You can pm him and ask for a specific title instead of the Captain of so and so. You could ask for the title of Commander of 400.

moving2zion
captain of 100

Post by moving2zion »

Not sure I'm high enough on the totem pole yet to ask for that. I just thought we could use a new generalized title for posting level accomplishment!

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I agree that it would be nice.

Brian is very laid back; I don't think he'd have a problem giving you a title of your choice.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Silver Pie wrote: ↑December 6th, 2022, 10:23 pm I agree that it would be nice.

Brian is very laid back; I don't think he'd have a problem giving you a title of your choice.
Maybe can include emojis too, like me πŸš€ rocket. :lol:

Letfreedumbring
captain of 100

Post by Letfreedumbring »

moving2zion wrote: ↑December 6th, 2022, 9:53 pm So here I am finally getting close to 400 posts- took me 4 ever! As a retired Army Officer I have to ask, why do we have to be CPT's? at 400 posts we should be BN commanders! I vote for a change at the posting level. Or just CPT of 400.
This does bring up a good point. Do we need to salute those that are higher in rank on here?
Or are we only allowed to address those of our same rank?

Captain. Captain. Captain!

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Letfreedumbring wrote: ↑December 7th, 2022, 1:08 am
moving2zion wrote: ↑December 6th, 2022, 9:53 pm So here I am finally getting close to 400 posts- took me 4 ever! As a retired Army Officer I have to ask, why do we have to be CPT's? at 400 posts we should be BN commanders! I vote for a change at the posting level. Or just CPT of 400.
This does bring up a good point. Do we need to salute those that are higher in rank on here?

If you are of lesser rank you may address me as BeNotDeceived.

If you are of the same rank feel free to address me as BND.

BND is BOND without the O because High Spy is my forte.

In Stratego only The Spy can capture The Marshall.

There can only be One - The Spy FM :lol:

Dave62
destroyer of hopes & dreams

Post by Dave62 »

As I teach in high school, I would love the title of "Dave, the Destroyer of Adolescent Hopes and Dreams for the Weekend, Dispenser of Social Life Crushing Amounts of Homework.'

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

Dave62 wrote: ↑December 7th, 2022, 3:11 am As I teach in high school, I would love the title of "Dave, the Destroyer of Adolescent Hopes and Dreams for the Weekend, Dispenser of Social Life Crushing Amounts of Homework.'
This hits close to home Dave. My brother-in-law earned the nickname DDWH, DESTROYER of DREAMS-WRECKER of HOPES by forbidding my Mom from buying gifts for his kids every time she came to the house, which was almost daily. It got so bad he moved his family 45 minutes away. My mother told him that he destroyed her dreams and wrecked her hopes by moving so far away. Too funny.

darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

Post by darknesstolight »

BeNotDeceived wrote: ↑December 7th, 2022, 3:08 am

If you are of lesser rank you may address me as BeNotDeceived.

If you are of the same rank feel free to address me as BND.

BND is BOND without the O because High Spy is my forte.

In Stratego only The Spy can capture The Marshall.

There can only be One - The Spy FM :lol:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4AoOa-Fz2kw

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

moving2zion wrote: ↑December 6th, 2022, 10:06 pm Not sure I'm high enough on the totem pole yet to ask for that. I just thought we could use a new generalized title for posting level accomplishment!
Anyone can ask for a custom title.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

moving2zion wrote: ↑December 6th, 2022, 9:53 pmAs a retired Army Officer I have to ask, why do we have to be CPT's? at 400 posts we should be BN commanders! I vote for a change at the posting level. Or just CPT of 400.
It was based on what Moses did in the Bible: "And Moses chose able men out of all Israel, and he made them captains of thousands and captains of hundreds, and captains of fifties and captains of tens over the people."

I'm open to suggestions for changing that; always open to new ideas. Up to this point no one has suggested a new system for titles that I thought is better. Β―\_(ツ)_/Β―

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Maybe titles based on cumulative number of thanks for your posts? Kind of a merit-based system, rather than noise-generation.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

I would want to stick with how the forum software is already programmed to work, which is based on number of posts. Open to ideas for what title gets assigned based on specific minimum number of posts reached.

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

creator wrote: ↑December 7th, 2022, 11:38 am I would want to stick with how the forum software is already programmed to work, which is based on number of posts. Open to ideas for what title gets assigned based on specific minimum number of posts reached.
Captain Hijacker is a special name that needs to be used appropriately.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

creator wrote: ↑December 7th, 2022, 11:38 am I would want to stick with how the forum software is already programmed to work, which is based on number of posts. Open to ideas for what title gets assigned based on specific minimum number of posts reached.
2448 Eclipse Aficionado

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Pro Tip: if you work really hard, you can become a Blithering Blabbermouth.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

https://memory-beta.fandom.com/wiki/Registry_number wrote: Image

The most famous registry number, of course, is NCC-1701, that of the original Enterprise.
Coded as another number 57 anomaly, may threshold an Enterprising Individual. :idea:

moving2zion
captain of 100

Post by moving2zion »

My handle in the military during my enlisted days was Shaky Killer. Probably not the best nombre de guerra for a last days forum.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

BeNotDeceived wrote: ↑December 7th, 2022, 12:46 am Maybe can include emojis too, like me πŸš€ rocket. :lol:
I like that idea.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

🀣 πŸ˜‚

moving2zion wrote: ↑December 8th, 2022, 8:33 am My handle in the military during my enlisted days was Shaky Killer. Probably not the best nombre de guerra for a last days forum.
🀣 😱 😁