Sexual fetish choir singing at LDS temple

Discuss political news items / current events.
JandD6572
captain of 100

Re: Sexual fetish choir singing at LDS temple

Post by JandD6572 »

MikeMaillet wrote: December 6th, 2022, 8:32 am For the first time in my life I'm considering having my name removed from the records of the church. I'm becomming more and more disaffected with church leadership and I do not want to be associated with a church built for gain and a church that supports homosexuality.

Mike
I'm trying to figure out how to do this very thing now. I left about a year ago and will never look back again. seems like everything I've questioned or asked is coming to light now. I have so much peace since I've left.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

h_p wrote: December 6th, 2022, 9:56 am Is there a NAMBLA choir? They should invite them, too. Maybe for the first time, the church could get out AHEAD of social issues, instead of always being last to join the party.
Ouch.

It’s true because it hurts.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Re:

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Elizabeth wrote: December 6th, 2022, 3:23 am A woman in front in the "mans choir"?
I was wondering about the same thing. Why is a woman sitting on the front row of the gay men's choir unless they're trying to be ridiculously inclusive too? 🤔

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Re:

Post by Lizzy60 »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: December 6th, 2022, 11:03 am
Elizabeth wrote: December 6th, 2022, 3:23 am A woman in front in the "mans choir"?
I was wondering about the same thing. Why is a woman sitting on the front row of the gay men's choir unless they're trying to be ridiculously inclusive too? 🤔
She is the conductor.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

JandD6572 wrote: December 6th, 2022, 10:51 am
MikeMaillet wrote: December 6th, 2022, 8:32 am For the first time in my life I'm considering having my name removed from the records of the church. I'm becomming more and more disaffected with church leadership and I do not want to be associated with a church built for gain and a church that supports homosexuality.

Mike
I'm trying to figure out how to do this very thing now. I left about a year ago and will never look back again. seems like everything I've questioned or asked is coming to light now. I have so much peace since I've left.
There's a documented process for it now in the Holy Handbook, section 32.14.9:
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... e_number88

When my wife resigned, she sent an email to the bishop basically answering all these questions he was expected to ask her, so she wouldn't need to be contacted. Her records were pulled within just a few days.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Re: Re:

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Lizzy60 wrote: December 6th, 2022, 11:06 am
FoxMammaWisdom wrote: December 6th, 2022, 11:03 am
She is the conductor.
a woman conducting a gay man's choir ok then
🤔😂

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

h_p wrote: December 6th, 2022, 11:14 am

Mike

When my wife resigned, she sent an email to the bishop basically answering all these questions he was expected to ask her, so she wouldn't need to be contacted. Her records were pulled within just a few days.
I just wrote down my short sweet letter saying I want my records removed. I think this and this and this about the church at the leadership and I don't want any association. Yes I understand you're relieving me of CHURCH blessings. I'll get them straight from Heaven thanks. The end.

And eight days later they knocked on my door to hand me the letter telling me I'm now a lowly satanic useless woman outside The Church without a man and those temple blessings and my child born under the covenant and I might as well go to perdition but if I want to come back and bring tithing they'll welcome me with open arms still.

Yeah just say the right things and they won't care or fight for you. Especially if they see that you have no money or you are in a position that the church might have to explain your existence.

dreamtheater76
captain of 100

Post by dreamtheater76 »

And I always thought “boy bands” were too gay and avoided them like the plague. I’m sure KSL and the Deseret News are going to give them lots of attention and say how wonderful they are. First BYU and now the temple.

logonbump
captain of 100

Post by logonbump »

I wonder how many of these boomer-age choir men left a wife and kids and a bad example for them...?

JandD6572
captain of 100

Post by JandD6572 »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: December 6th, 2022, 11:24 am
h_p wrote: December 6th, 2022, 11:14 am

Mike

I just wrote down my short sweet letter saying I want my records removed. I think this and this and this about the church at the leadership and I don't want any association. Yes I understand you're relieving me of CHURCH blessings. I'll get them straight from Heaven thanks. The end.

And eight days later they knocked on my door to hand me the letter telling me I'm now a lowly satanic useless woman outside The Church without a man and those temple blessings and my child born under the covenant and I might as well go to perdition but if I want to come back and bring tithing they'll welcome me with open arms still.

Yeah just say the right things and they won't care or fight for you. Especially if they see that you have no money or you are in a position that the church might have to explain your existence.
well, after being a member for over 57 years, and I left the church about a year ago, they still have yet ever wondered why I did what I did, never once did any leadership ever contact me, or ask what happened, etc. but by all means, I received plenty of hate messages from the membership. terrible nasty things, but I'm use to this display of action from this particular ward I belonged to here in Pa. So, I don't expect much by way of visitation after I send the bishop a letter.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

^^^^^^^^ I haven’t sent a letter, but I am declining to get involved with the ward I moved into almost 2 years ago. One —- one woman asked me in a very friendly way if I wanted to have sisters visit me. I politely declined and told her that my testimony of the Book of Mormon, the restoration, and especially Jesus Christ are rock-solid, but attending meetings is not comfortable for me right now.

I don’t resign because my son and his family are active and in my stake, and I don’t want them hounded on my behalf. I went through that in the other direction when another son, another stake, quit church, and I was told numerous times, by leadership, that I needed to change his mind.

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

I'll always be grateful for the good experiences and the good people that I have had the pleasure to associate with at church. I believe that Joseph Smith was a Prophet and I believe in the divinity of the Book of Mormon. It's the corporate church I have a problem with and they have crossed a line that I do not wish to cross with them.

Mike

NowWhat
captain of 100

Post by NowWhat »

Not sure why you are assuming that the woman who is pictured directing the DC Gay Men's Chorus is a woman.

Ancalagon
captain of 50

Post by Ancalagon »

Some quotes that summarize how I feel:

Societies are far gone in depravity when toleration is considered a good in itself, without regard to the thing tolerated.
-- A.K. Chesterton

Evil preaches tolerance until it is dominant, then it tries to silence good.
-- Archbishop Charles J. Chaput

A time is coming when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him saying: You are mad; you are not like us.
-- St. Anthony the Great

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.
-- Nicólas Gómez Dávila

And ultimately;
"If the world is against truth, then I am against the world.
-- St. Athanasius

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

NowWhat wrote: December 6th, 2022, 2:27 pm Not sure why you are assuming that the woman who is pictured directing the DC Gay Men's Chorus is a woman.
You are so right!! Bad habit I suppose!

So I did a quick check on 3 different images - I still think this one is a girl.

viewtopic.php?p=1327639#p1327639

dreamtheater76
captain of 100

Post by dreamtheater76 »

I’m sure the Lord can’t be pleased with this. We all know what He did to the money changers and to the Sodomites.

I worked as an ordinance worker in the temple for a few years. This is a sacred and holy place. Not a place for celebrating evil and the sins of Sodom. I don’t know how much more of this can be tolerated because it is mocking God and nothing less.

There will be severe consequences for where this is going. It’s in the Family Proclamation. I don’t think I can make it any more clear.

Letfreedumbring
captain of 100

Post by Letfreedumbring »

h_p wrote: December 6th, 2022, 9:56 am Is there a NAMBLA choir? They should invite them, too. Maybe for the first time, the church could get out AHEAD of social issues, instead of always being last to join the party.
They had a scheduling conflict they are trying to tour the same schedule as the Viennas Boys Choir.
Sadly, the boys choir was not invited to the DC Temple.

moving2zion
captain of 100

Post by moving2zion »

As leadership embrace wickedness the saints will be emboldened to follow them down a darker road and there will be fewer and fewer of us to fightback.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Just think of all the amazing choirs filled with virtuous men that would love to have the opportunity to sing at this event.

It’s not just about whom they include. It’s who they’re excluding as well.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

endlessismyname wrote: December 6th, 2022, 8:34 pm Just think of all the amazing choirs filled with virtuous men that would love to have the opportunity to sing at this event.

It would be much better to have ward and Primary choirs from local congregations, than proud sodomites polluting temple grounds.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Lizzy60 wrote: December 6th, 2022, 8:39 pm
endlessismyname wrote: December 6th, 2022, 8:34 pm Just think of all the amazing choirs filled with virtuous men that would love to have the opportunity to sing at this event.

It would be much better to have ward and Primary choirs from local congregations, than proud sodomites polluting temple grounds.
Absolutely. Sometimes I think we lose sight of the opportunities being denied worthy, virtuous people because the church has decided to pander to every group that claims to have been victimized.

My heart hurts tonight. I think it’s time to go to bed.

God bless y’all.

Dave62
destroyer of hopes & dreams

Post by Dave62 »

As a teenaged survivor of homosexual abuse, I find this particularly galling.

Letfreedumbring
captain of 100

Post by Letfreedumbring »

endlessismyname wrote: December 6th, 2022, 8:43 pm
Lizzy60 wrote: December 6th, 2022, 8:39 pm

Absolutely. Sometimes I think we lose sight of the opportunities being denied worthy, virtuous people because the church has decided to pander to every group that claims to have been victimized.

My heart hurts tonight. I think it’s time to go to bed.

God bless y’all.
Take heart endless, there is still good in the world. There is a power greater than all of this.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

Robin Hood wrote: December 6th, 2022, 4:41 am
harakim wrote: December 5th, 2022, 10:29 pm
Robin Hood wrote: December 5th, 2022, 7:17 am This virtue signalling has to stop.
But what if it's not virtue signaling?
I think there's more chance the earth is flat and pigs can fly.
So you think there's no chance the church actually wants this choir in the temple?