Chilling statement by President Trump

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
harakim
captain of 1,000

Re: Chilling statement by President Trump

Post by harakim »

Subcomandante wrote: December 6th, 2022, 5:59 am
harakim wrote: December 5th, 2022, 10:18 pm
Subcomandante wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 5:30 pm Um, no they don't. First of all the fraud has to be proven, which it never was.

The Constitution is above the power of one man's will of changing it. Another reason why I cannot support this man.
Donald Trump wrote:“Do you throw the Presidential Election Results of 2020 OUT and declare the RIGHTFUL WINNER, or do you have a NEW ELECTION? A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,"
Woah, that's scary. Either it's a fake, or they think that Conservatives will actually support suspending the constitution. Hopefully, they are getting desparate?
Those are Trump's own words on his social media platform.
I see you've never worked in technology. Tech companies have barriers to stop people from doing things, but... they don't work. Anyone at that company or a contractor or even a lot of people who used to work at this social company could put it there. I'm not saying they did. I'm just saying it's one of the two possibilities that seem to collectively dwarf any other. It's far more likely they think conservatives will support suspending the Constitution.

Oh, actually... maybe they just think people are stupid enough to believe conservatives would try to suspend the Constitution. And so when some random group attacks a government building or even they just claim some violent act happened, they will blame it on all conservatives. Now I get it! So maybe they aren't the worthless opponent incapable of overthrowing the freedom of all lands, nations and countries I took them for after all.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Subcomandante wrote: December 6th, 2022, 9:42 pm
EmmaLee wrote: December 6th, 2022, 8:55 am Still wondering if Subcomandante is a U.S. citizen. Weird that he won't answer that simple question.
US Citizen Mexican Permanent Resident.

I am not aware that I had been asked that question.
Yes, the question had been asked three different times by two different people in this very thread.

So do you/are you "allowed" to vote in U.S. elections?

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

US Citizens living abroad, even as permanent residents of the host country, are permitted to vote in US elections. Going further persons holding dual or multiple citizenship(s) are permitted to vote in all elections both US and overseas.

It is possible, but difficult, to renounce US citizenship. Such renunciation can not be done for many other national citizenship regardless of one's intentions in becoming a citizen of the US or another country. So simply becoming a US citizen generally has no impact upon a persons original citizenship in many cases.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

EmmaLee wrote: December 7th, 2022, 9:08 am
EmmaLee wrote: December 6th, 2022, 8:55 am Still wondering if Subcomandante is a U.S. citizen. Weird that he won't answer that simple question.

Yes, the question had been asked three different times by two different people in this very thread.

I am allowed, but I haven't voted since leaving the country.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

gkearney wrote: December 7th, 2022, 9:23 am US Citizens living abroad, even as permanent residents of the host country, are permitted to vote in US elections. Going further persons holding dual or multiple citizenship(s) are permitted to vote in all elections both US and overseas.

Shameful. Divided loyalties when it comes to having permanent residence in another country - same with having dual citizenship - shouldn't be allowed to vote in the U.S. Having someone who, by his own words, hates and loathes the United States, and the people who are legal citizens - being able to vote in our elections is grotesque. But then that describes half the country these days. Makes me sick.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Subcomandante wrote: December 7th, 2022, 9:31 am
EmmaLee wrote: December 7th, 2022, 9:08 am

I am allowed, but I haven't voted since leaving the country.
Good. Best thing I've ever heard you say. Curious though, why then, at the beginning of this thread that you started, you said you "cannot support Trump"? Seems an odd thing to say for someone who isn't voting in U.S. elections.

*Full disclosure - I'm not a Trump fan or supporter, lest you think that's why I'm asking.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Sub: I see leave America and complain and read twisted words. At least you left, like your friends from Hollywood, they promised to but never did (Ophrah etc...).

Smart move really, I mean we almost lost our country once to a man wearing a bison head and carrying a rubber tipped spear with 10's of followers. He went so far as to sit on Nancy's thrown, we were just millimeters away from losing our democracy at that very moment. thank god they killed Ashli Babbit and woke up Shumer to save the day and our freedom. But, until you move home, try to refrain from complaining about it and regurgitating fake news, we have enough people in America doing that we don't need ex-pats doing it as well. IMO. It is sort of like hearing people from India explaining how racist America while living in the pure cast system.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Subcomandante wrote: December 6th, 2022, 10:35 pm
larsenb wrote: December 6th, 2022, 10:27 pm
Subcomandante wrote: December 6th, 2022, 9:44 pm Image posted by subc
Does it surprise me that Subcommandante was also taken in by the Fake Media's presentation of this story? Nope.

One is especially susceptible to being gulled by such things when you start out with a strong anti-Trump bias.
Trump said what he said. The media didn't have to say anything.

Trump is exactly like my local president AMLO that when he is confronted with the media telling him HIS OWN DATA using HIS OWN WORDS, he simply says #YoTengoOtrosDatos.
You could glean Trump's meaning by just a quick consideration of his entire quote. The fact you and his multiple other detractors jumped on their ridiculous interpretation is simply a function of their willingness to impugn and ridicule the man, and assign the worst motives to him.

Not any more complicated than that.