Looking for Isaiah Context

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Looking for Isaiah Context

Post by Original_Intent »

marc wrote: December 1st, 2022, 6:13 pm
logonbump wrote: December 1st, 2022, 5:52 pm Some context: from Gideadi's podcast Analytical Commentary of Isaiah, chapter 3.

"Judea and Jerusalem; they're not just geographic locations but they're also codenames for latter-day entities. All names, in fact, like the name, the king of Assyria; while yes, there was an ancient king of Assyria, but there's also a latter-day king of Assyria; not that there's a nation called Assyria, but there will be a nation that resembles the ancient empire of Assyria; that has the same characteristics as the ancient Assyria does.
So is the name Babylon a codename for a latter-day Babylon and the name Zion a codename for a latter-day Zion. They all existed anciently and they'll all exist again in the end-time. Same with Judea and Jerusalem. These would be places where the Lord's people live today."

My question is, what nation resembles most an ancient Assyria? Since the one that conquers the world is an Assyrian alliance, I'd guess China, since it's the richest, most powerful nation presently, has the most people (resources) and has the greatest number of partnerships presently
Well, Egypt and Babylon were superpowers, but Assyria was the world superpower back then. I believe Egypt was the archetype for the US today, but who is really the world superpower today? And who is Babylon? I can't help but feel the US is all three at the same time. Russia and China are certainly super powers, but I don't see either of them being a world superpower. Maybe the UN (Agenda 2030, etc) is the real world power.
I suggest that perhaps in regard to Egypt, Assyria, and Babylon we should maybe not be looking at nation states as the modern representations.

I for one think that the BIS, IMF and WEF combined serve very well as modern Babylon.
Priestcraft and secret combinations serve very well as Egypt.
The U.S. as Assyria is perhaps the exception to the rule as it seems to fit so well. But even there, perhaps the U.S.+ EU Anglo alliance might fit even better. This is all just me tossing ideas out, idk.

While in general I agree that it takes some time to understand Isaiah, I think two years may be a bit much - it really depends on how concentrated and dedicated your study is and how much assistance you get from the spirit. I spent quite a few years really focusing on Isaiah, Daniel, and the Apocalypse of John, and honestly even pretty early in that period inspiration was coming pretty quickly. Results will vary though

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Original_Intent wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 12:49 pmWhile in general I agree that it takes some time to understand Isaiah, I think two years may be a bit much - it really depends on how concentrated and dedicated your study is and how much assistance you get from the spirit. I spent quite a few years really focusing on Isaiah, Daniel, and the Apocalypse of John, and honestly even pretty early in that period inspiration was coming pretty quickly. Results will vary though.
Does this mean you could stand up and expound upon any verse of any chapter in Isaiah including its relevant historical setting? If so, I am impressed.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

marc wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 1:21 pm
Original_Intent wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 12:49 pmWhile in general I agree that it takes some time to understand Isaiah, I think two years may be a bit much - it really depends on how concentrated and dedicated your study is and how much assistance you get from the spirit. I spent quite a few years really focusing on Isaiah, Daniel, and the Apocalypse of John, and honestly even pretty early in that period inspiration was coming pretty quickly. Results will vary though.
Does this mean you could stand up and expound upon any verse of any chapter in Isaiah including its relevant historical setting? If so, I am impressed.
Not at all. But if that is your definition of understanding, the same is true of most any book of scripture.

Most scriptures, I have found, have layer upon layer of meaning. Most any book of scripture could probably continue to give enlightenment after even a lifetime of study. If you mean by understand that you are a world class expert then certainly many years will be involved. But I will stand by even a few months of dedicated prayerful study may raise your understanding to a level that few have.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Original_Intent wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 1:50 pm
marc wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 1:21 pm
Not at all. But if that is your definition of understanding, the same is true of most any book of scripture.

Most scriptures, I have found, have layer upon layer of meaning. Most any book of scripture could probably continue to give enlightenment after even a lifetime of study. If you mean by understand that you are a world class expert then certainly many years will be involved. But I will stand by even a few months of dedicated prayerful study may raise your understanding to a level that few have.
Gotcha, thanks! See, I like deep dives and I wanna be able to write my own book about Isaiah's words, not that I will, but that's the level I'm talking about. I think it would take divine revelation to bring a unique perspective to the world anyway and that comes in drops by the Spirit or the entire fire hose with a theophany, like, say with....Isaiah himself!

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Shawn Henry wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 12:20 pm
ransomme wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 9:23 am Is anyone coming to Helsinki soon
I don't make it to Sweden much, but I do watch Die Hard every Christmas.
Come to Sweden and I'll join you :D