BYU devotional climate change preached

Discuss political news items / current events.
Letfreedumbring
captain of 100

Re: BYU devotional climate change preached

Post by Letfreedumbring »

tribrac wrote: November 29th, 2022, 3:57 pm So she flew in from Texas, to speak to a group of students in one of the nations largest indoor arenas which is climate controlled 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, while being used only a small portion of that time.

And her message is to use less. Which more than half of the unwitting students will conclude can only mean Tribrac must give up his fuel efficient POS and ride the bus.
Think about how sheltered your average BYU student is and how detached they are from any real world experience. This is your typical supporter of this type of stuff. Ever wonder how many BYU students supported BLM? Now guess how many were white supporting a non grassroots movement for African Americans.

They do whatever the current thing is.

crabman
captain of 100

Post by crabman »

Serragon wrote: November 29th, 2022, 6:10 pm
BroJones wrote: November 29th, 2022, 6:04 pm Let's assume for a moment that:
1- global warming is real (I would like to see the DATA, through 2020)
2- Man causes this warming, by CO2 emissions.

If these premises are correct, then:
3- which countries are doing the most CO2 emissions?
4- how much good will it do for the USA and Europe to cut CO2 emissions if China and India do NOT do so?
Even if we assume 1 & 2 are correct, we still have no evidence that the impacts would necessitate any kind of response at all, let alone the kind of totalitarian nonsense being thrown around. Generally, a warmer climate is beneficial to life, not a negative.

The reality is that this is actually religion masquerading as science.
Exactly! Plus, a warmer climate is actually more beneficial to life. Longer growing seasons, more land available for farming. Even if the ice sheets melted and flooded coastal areas, mankind would adapt, and overall, life would flourish.

NeveR
captain of 1,000

Post by NeveR »

Deeply scary. "Climate change", "pandemics" & war (fighting or preventing) are the three pillars of the globalist Great Reset.

The first rationalizes deprivation, the second rationalizes surveillance & physical limitations on movement, the third uses fear to distract, divert & divide.

Can we get the warning message out to enough people in time?

nvr
captain of 1,000

Post by nvr »

Lizzy60 wrote: November 29th, 2022, 2:43 pm
Dave62 wrote: November 29th, 2022, 1:54 pm Greta Thunberg will be very pleased.
Maybe BYU can give Miss Greta an honorary doctorate degree.
She’d join with Mr. 'Of-course-the-orders-still-stand", Dick Cheney (thank you Norm Mineta) in quite an illustrious group!
Last edited by nvr on November 30th, 2022, 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

4- how much good will it do for the USA and Europe to cut CO2 emissions if China and India do NOT do so?
Another good display might also include the amount of CO2 emissions PER CAPITA.

The results there are actually quite surprising.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Christianlee wrote: November 29th, 2022, 3:33 pm The fraud speaks.

https://universe.byu.edu/2022/11/29/cli ... creations/

What a useful idiot, carving out a niche for herself in the dystopic NWO.

She misquoted Genesis 1:28 in her talk, as such:
Screenshot_20221129-210509_Brave.jpg
Screenshot_20221129-210509_Brave.jpg (401.45 KiB) Viewed 290 times
Here is the actual verse that we are all familiar with:
Screenshot_20221129-210622_Brave.jpg
Screenshot_20221129-210622_Brave.jpg (428.68 KiB) Viewed 290 times
What happened to replenishing the earth? Oh, no, that didn't really mean having babies, according to this deluded lady. And how did having dominion morph into being responsible? Rubbish, total trash.

I don't understand how someone can tell such blatant lies. I think after you tell so many lies, the truth has no bearing on anything, anymore.

The church is just going to keep heading down this path of insanity via Agenda 2030.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Chip wrote: November 29th, 2022, 10:54 pm
Christianlee wrote: November 29th, 2022, 3:33 pm The fraud speaks.

https://universe.byu.edu/2022/11/29/cli ... creations/

What a useful idiot, carving out a niche for herself in the dystopic NWO.

She misquoted Genesis 1:28 in her talk, as such:

Screenshot_20221129-210509_Brave.jpg

Here is the actual verse that we are all familiar with:

Screenshot_20221129-210622_Brave.jpg

What happened to replenishing the earth? Oh, no, that didn't really mean having babies, according to this deluded lady. And how did having dominion morph into being responsible? Rubbish, total trash.

I don't understand how someone can tell such blatant lies. I think after you tell so many lies, the truth has no bearing on anything, anymore.

The church is just going to keep heading down this path of insanity via Agenda 2030.
Why we should use OTEC to neutralize devastating tropical storms, as per https://www.ripublication.com/ijaes19/ijaesv14n2_01.pdf whose stupid PHD doesn't see https://planetearthandhumanity.blogspot ... canes.html as the sensible choice. :x

Subdue the planet people, before it's too late. :(

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Post by Atrasado »

Those would be nice things to be told. I would be a lot more likely to have faith in their models if they would be up front with the facts. For instance, CO2 is .04% of the atmosphere (yet somehow it's the blanket that is keeping the heat in). Also, last I checked scientists had to increase the concentration of CO2 in their laboratory experiments over two orders of magnitude to have any measurable effect on heat radiation. They try to hand wave that away, but the truth is that they have zero evidence that CO2 has any effect on the temperature of the Earth.

Unfortunately, hiding the facts is ingrained in most scientists as most of them are quite dogmatic, not counting you, of course. Even in the Church. I have worked on a class at a Church school in which online adjunct instructors insisted that a question on the atmospheric percentage of CO2 be removed from a quiz so that students wouldn't lose faith in climate change. Because we wouldn't want Church members to be anti-science, that would be embarrassing.